Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
I've had my adventure, I don't need something new,

Group Only
Medic
09-08-2022, 01:34 AM
it can be assumed Aries is home, however word what happened with her and Vanderfell is still relatively in the air, keeping vague until concluded!

As Aries settled back into the vale, she would re-attend to light duties. The children were growing finely, they knew to talk and to gradually run, and personalities were coming through. Small little ones, a clear blessing of the mixing of the Duskguard leaders — but they were not the only young, the hare realized — for the adoptive child of one, was not someone she met, but could scent his lingering presence at the den often. A loving brother..

On this day, she seemed to get lucky. Aries was organizing the storage of herbs, cleanly refreshing of those that were no longer of use, and lightly placing others elsewhere to dry. She realized she was running low of bistort.. Wasn't it lucky they lived in a near-alpine area? Somewhere above the cliffs of the vale would she find some ; a relative supply to keep to help wounds and other properties. Gathering her skinned satchel, she left the den..

"Oh, hello there, you are @Archon, aren't you?" Aries though just had gotten the bag, lightly placed it on the ground and greeted the boy.

the staff team luvs u
09-08-2022, 01:59 AM
^^Archon was simply not the sort of fellow that kept up with things like he should have. Still young and boyish, he'd much rather be told directly about things than to learn them through the grapevine.

He hadn't known about Rin's death. Hadn't known that they had another pack member who looked just like her. Simply put, he saw a silver lady around and assumed it was either his mother or Rin.

It never did occur to him that they looked different up close or that she might have had a different smell. He'd kinda been avoiding Rin cus things were awkward anyway.

But when Rin came at him with the weird thing and asking his name, Archon tilted his head.

Oh, is that how it was? She wanted to chop it up as she didn't know him? He hadn't been that bad, had he?

He snorted and laughed, bitterly. “Oh, come on, Rin. You know it's me. You don't gotta be like that. ”
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-08-2022, 02:26 AM
She looked at him in a sorrow, mentioning the fallen packmate, and seemingly mistaken her for Aries. The two woman were both gray, though the other one just a bit more mellow in gray tones, even her eyes were gray. They had spoken briefly before, and pleasantly so held similar tongue within a language, but nothing more before her demise.. No one to blame but fate, for it chose that it was the day she would be to the heavens, and fell to a tree.

"I'm sorry to tell you, but Rin had passed away some time ago. I am Aries, I have been helping the High Priestess with her young." With a paw to her chest, Aries bent down lightly within a refined bow, careful in not being disrespectful in bringing up the name of the dead, and informing this young boy of her demise.

the staff team luvs u
09-08-2022, 02:26 AM
The man was wandering around, sniffing the air and searching for any intruders when he caught the scent of two wolves, the scent of Duskguard heavy on them. Still, he figured he might as well stop by, checking on them from afar. And so, he walked over, cresting a hill as he looked down at the two children, eyes scanning the area to make sure nothing was around that could harm them. Sure, they were in the pack, but at the same time, who knows what could wander from the outside. 

There he stood for a few minutes, not trying to hide himself but also not speaking out either. He knew of Archon, having met him before this but didn't know that he was apart of this pack now. And the other, he didn't know, so he made no move to speak up to either of them. After all, they both seemed to be talking to each other and he was not one to push himself into a conversation first.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Mongolian
[Image: 63161113_aYIpOLLmgPvIAMb.gif?1680739723]
09-08-2022, 05:12 AM
^^There was a sickening feeling that Archon had never experienced before; the gut of his stomach becoming hard and cold, sinking deep into places he didn’t know existed. His throat felt like it had been snatched by something, and Archon blinked over at her, waiting — desperately — for her to tell him that it was some sort of really cruel joke.

The punch line never came.

His ears, too, met the ground as they lowered. “Oh, I —” Archon stiffened, eyes growing as he swallowed. He leaned forward and whispered. “Y-you’re supposed to tell me that it was a joke. A really.… a really bad joke. I promise I won’t be mad.. ”

All he wanted to do was to run into Hawking’s embrace; to hold him tight and tell him how much he loved him.

But that would be rude, wouldn’t it?

He took a deep inhale to try to focus on Ares, without thinking about Rin, which was really impossible. Twins. Everywhere. His sisters. Aries and Rin.

Mr. Fluff joined them, and funny thing, he smelled like them. “F-Fluff? ” Archon slowly turned his head to meet the other. His tail slowly wagged. “I didn’t know you was family.”

He glanced back over at Aries. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to be rude. I thought you were, uh… yeah. Did you need something?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-09-2022, 11:41 PM
She looked at him softly, smiling to try and ease it, "It's alright," Aries would say, staying within her place and settling on her hunches. Although she was to go on a herb-run, the hare found it would be rude. She did not know if they were close or not, but losing anyone was always saddening to here ; and she would pray to the Gods that her soul rests well, and decesends to the heavens.

Then her eyes turned, looking at the man in a surprise. She surely was not expecting a dog to be within these parts, and especially not one within a pack! Although, a tiger and a deer was found running through and counted as allied ; maybe it wasn't too strange, just close enough to the norm- of being fellow canids. She turned that surprise and smiled gently, "I don't believe we have met, I am Aries," the woman would say as she lightly put a paw to her chest and dipped her head just a bit, before turning back to Archon.

"Ah.. I had only wished to introduce myself."

the staff team luvs u
09-13-2022, 02:37 PM
For the most part, he was only going to check on them and leave, but it was clear to him that Archon was upset, making him slightly tense. Sure, the other wolf was apart of the pack so they shouldn't be a danger to anyone, but he didn't like the fact that Archon was upset. And so, he walked forward, only enough to listen in slightly, wanting to know what was going on. It was then that they both seemed to notice him. Walking over to Archon, the large canine would attempt to press his shoulder against him, wanting to give him some comfort if he could. "I am always family."

Turning to look at the new wolf, he would nod his head in greeting, "Nice to meet you. I am sorry about barging in." He wasn't really, but they didn't  need to know that.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Mongolian
[Image: 63161113_aYIpOLLmgPvIAMb.gif?1680739723]
scroll to top