Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Toxicity

Morning Fog 55° F
P
09-04-2022, 05:33 PM
For @Uriel <3

Nyra wandered today, reassuring her new husband, @Satan that she would return to him soon.
After her hissy fit, she felt it was only fair to let him know she was going to wander, figuring as long as she returned, he wouldn't care too much.

But, she could be wrong.

The Warqueen's thoughts floated to @Sovereign, her daughter, who she had left in Highvalley.
Would the yearling come find her? 
So far, she hadn't seen the girl at all since she left the Mountains.

Perhaps it was for the best.

Nyra looked around as she stopped in the grasses, looking around in the thickness of the fog. She hadn't seen this much fog since...hell, a year ago maybe?
The giant decided to press onward, seeing what all there was to see. Maybe she'd visit Demonia before making her way home....
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
Ecologist
09-04-2022, 05:54 PM
Uriel was gathering medical supplies, for @Lore. Finding the man tattered as so, there was great relief in some way or another, she could be use. Her months spent in foraging randomly and testing, as well as the occasional kind wolves who lent some medical advice for the learning woman. She by no means was an expert, and rather continued on her journey of knowledge and only knew the bare basics.. But it was all she could do to help.

She needed to find a few herbs.. Specifically moss to help a shallow cast and otherwise other bladderwort.. At least that was what she knew, poppy seeds can help too, but Uriel could find them in the Golden Glade, and moss tended to be all-around water areas. ButbBladderwort, for some reason she couldn't find it nearby the banks of home. They were by water.. Right?

Then she saw someone in the distance, though nerve that was from seeing a giant woman, she smelled quite familiar to a certain albino man, that Uriel was starting to grow wary of. Warcrest, was it? There was someone he mentioned, a slave to a Queen who had left.. She did wonder if there was an update on that, but she would never seek him out, especially not in the desert, especially now knowing how Warcrest operated.

Her fears though, meant nothing to help someone she cherishes, "Excuse me miss.. Have you seen some small, yellow flowers? Bladderwort..?"

the staff team luvs u
09-06-2022, 04:01 PM
A feminine voice called to her. 
Nyra's fiery gaze turned to the warm-hued lady approaching her...
Her brows creased some as she looked around for the flowers the girl had described.
"I haven't seen any." The Warqueen replied with a soft shrug of her shoulders as her eyes returned to Uriel.
"I could help you look, though?" She offered in a stroke of rare kindness, saying her tail once or twice.

Apologies for shortness </3

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
09-13-2022, 09:22 PM
"Oh.. I don't mean to bother if you are busy." Uriel wished not to impose on other ; most pack wolves usually were busy of one way or another. Although she said that, she had met quite a many who took strolls outside just for the fun of it all. Though it felt like a wolf of her size and scent, one that was surely from Warcrest, wasn't doing something just so. She was very, very large ; a behemoth in height that Uriel would dare say above then most wolves she met. Yet, not a speck of another color besides a molten gaze — someone who looked to be from the tundra, but was homed within the desert..?

Uriel felt she like the flowers sometimes seen. Where the golden wolf was sure they were planted elsewhere, but sometimes, very rarely, she would find them in the plains. Species and other wolves that should be in one area in another ; such strangeness to come by. Nature was quite odd.

the staff team luvs u
09-17-2022, 07:20 AM
Nyra offered a small chuckle with a gentle smile.
"It's quite alright, I have some time." She assured with a wave of her plume.
Her molten gaze was analytical in the sense of looking for a threat, less so in the sense of curiosity.
Yet, Nyra was not visibly tense, instead appearing rather relaxed to most untrained eyes.

She would wait to see what the woman before her had to say, see if her reaction was agreeable to the offer extended.
Rarely did Nyra show her kindness to strangers, and yet she did so more and more lately...
Her gaze didn't miss the curiosity that seemed to come from Uriel's own eyes as she looked upon the larger woman.
With an amused yet light smile, she would ask "Are you curious about me?" 
She couldn't by any means know exactly what the golden woman was thinking, but if the Queen was wrong in her assessment, then Nyra would have to shoulder looking egotistical all of a sudden...

the staff team luvs u
09-30-2022, 01:33 AM
"Thank you, i'll be in your care." With so, the two would go foraging ; and Uriel would have to say they were an odd pair. A large over-standing woman and a generally average wolf, both of lighter hues. A matching and yet a mismatch, something being by her felt intimidating.. Even more-so when she was caught within her mystery of who she was, and knew she had no choice to confess, "Oh, uhm, you smell like Warcrest," but she was quite embarrassed, and would feel ashamed to say 'are you the woman Satan was worrying about?' She didn't want to reveal his woes..

Curiosity killed the cat, and it always brought Uriel in tricky situations.

the staff team luvs u
09-30-2022, 08:58 PM
Nyra nodded once at Uriel's acceptance, allowing the warmer-hued girl to lead the way.
You smell of Warcrest...
Ah, so Uriel had been curious after all. 
The behemoth offered a ghost of a smile as she prowled alongside Uriel, deciding to confirm.
"I am the Queen of Warcrest. Got married upon my return from a....trip, of sorts." She said in response. 
For the moment it was best in her opinion, to not discuss the details of the matter behind her prior departure.
"Are you familiar with Satan?" She decided to ask after a drawn pause, glancing sidelong to Uriel as they traveled the grassy terrain. 
"Like myself, he travels, so I wouldn't be surprised if you've met him at least once." Nyra added casually.
She wasn't offended or anything, but her features, nowadays a natural resting bitch face, might or might not have portrayed the opposite.
the staff team luvs u
10-07-2022, 07:03 PM
She was the woman.

The one that brought Satan to an anger, the one he mentioned he enslaved and hurt to, and the one that ran away that he wished return. She couldn't help but look at Nyra with a strong puzzlement, for she didn't know why the woman would firstly become a slave like so ; her size and strength rivaled the man in the desert, but as well as.. Why would she return once she was free? A rank was gained he said, she was a Queen now and intended before and now she..

It was a confusing info, Uriel thought, but surely there was more to it that she simply didn't know.

"I have met him," but she was now afraid of him, Uriel said, looking slightly uncomfortable as her silver-gaze looked away and ventured back to the grasses to see of her foraging, but she couldn't help but ask, "he is your mate?"

the staff team luvs u
10-25-2022, 07:51 PM
Nyra hmmed contemplatively as Uriel said she'd met Satan.
Then the question she was by no means surprised by - is he your mate?

Nyra nodded and confirmed "Yes." 
They were mates, and she was content to be with him even though they had such a love-hate relationship.
"We both tend to wander, but we always return home." She mused. 
She meant this in a couple ways - though Satan was the only one between them both who had flings.
Nyra made a mental note to discuss that with him later.
the staff team luvs u
11-04-2022, 11:20 PM
"Is having a mate nice?" At through the point of foraging, focus was minorly set elsewhere. She felt warmth crawling up her neck and faith when she asked that, an innocence to her within a truth that soon regretted so. Uriel was curious how it was having a mate, was it the dreams she so thought, or the gentleman that plagued her own? On her own often, there was a man, a few men that were at the Glade, but none that truly felt close enough that she could call them a mate. Would a title make a difference?

the staff team luvs u
11-06-2022, 03:33 AM
Nyra chuckled sharply with amusement. 
"There are mutual benefits that come with mateship." She mused.
Though hers and Satan's was far from wholesome most of the time...
The Queen considered what to say that wouldn't make having a mate seem transactional.
Humming in thought, Nyra eventually added "It's about love and trust for each other. Though you can find such things in a friendship, in a relationship such as being mates, when you may desire children with your partner, trust and love is huge." The Queen paused to sniff at a small bundle of yellow-petaled plants that looked similar to Uriel's description. She looked to the warm-toned girl for input.
Was this her Bladderwort?
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
11-09-2022, 08:06 PM
It sounded like a dream for Uriel ; she had trouble imagining anyone liking her enough to turn to that love and trust. Though there was many that she did feel such affection toward, many where to a platonic level, and many she saw were not feelings that would be given back. Her tail swayed when she thought of the time she foolishly let her emotions get ahead and did like someone.. Only for her to be crushed. Just as feelings came so did they went, she hesitated on it so. There was envy at Nyra.

Then her gaze turned toward the plant. It was a bit away from the water, however the same flowers were exactly what she was looking for, "oh! Thank you miss," Uriel said as she bent down to look. There was about a good batch.. As winter would soon come the plant itself would rot away, so she decided to unroot it full.

the staff team luvs u
11-09-2022, 08:21 PM
It was indeed Bladderwort. 
She gathered this by watching Uriel as the she-wolf approached the plant and unrooted it in completion. 
Tilting her head softly to the side, Nyra watched with intrigue.

"You may call me Nyra." She eventually said with a small smile. 
It was genuine, this, but Nyra was not always one to show emotion in definitive ways, despite or perhaps because of her track record of violence, past life and present. 

"I would like to learn medicine at some point..." She mused in a gentle tone.
"i think it would be a benefit to Warcrest to have a Queen who knows healing alongside fighting." She added, thinking on this whilst she watched Uriel.
the staff team luvs u
11-11-2022, 09:04 PM
With a little miss and dirt before her golden and white pelt, she gathered what she could and placed it in front of her paws, "I am Uriel," she greeted with the light tip of her head as an ear swirled. She turned to look at the war queen ; it was clear by her stature that she was a warrior through and through. Her stance alone and muscles that came was one that was a veteran. Everyone held strong points of what they were skilled at, but Uriel struggled to know what that place was for her.. So she tried to dabble to what she could, and forced herself to learn medicine to be at least a little bit of help.

"I would like to help.. But I am unfortunately an amateur and only known some recently.. There is quite a few who roam the plains though with a lot of knowledge, and many more in the north." A sympathetic smile, and she wished she could introduce someone properly.. But everyone that Uriel did know where in unknown locations. However in the pits of her stomach, it could very well an excuse.. She didn't wish to be near Warcrest..

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top