Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Look at the mess you've made,

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
P
Dragonford Isles
Ecologist
08-30-2022, 02:27 AM
Today the brim was fogless. Clear that left a dreary view of the pale sand and the sounds of the ocean in the distance. She wondered what brought that endless mist, where everyday it usually casted around and wrapped the land in mystery. Now the Ford wolves knew their way, but many could get lost into it, and end up washed into the sea when the tides were especially heavy. Not to mention the unknown entity that sounded throughout the days, but now.. All she heard was gulls. Surely, by instincts, a science was behind it, but none that could be figured out..

As Vendrussel patrolled the brim, she gazed to the mountains where the Highvallian's lived. Within their vale she often went, knowing their territory well — and couldn't help but wonder, whether @Vincent had found a new home. He was often there, despite once being a pack and then departing ; a strange man to say the least, but not a bad one. Perhaps a bit too pushy to her liking, but she supposed charmers and playboys would always be like so.

She wondered where his travels led him.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-30-2022, 03:25 PM
The man was annoyed, though he wasn't going to go around and cause issues. Instead, he would simply sulk in the corner as he found a new home. The pack of Highvalley had taken his home from him, which means he needed to move out. Sure, he figured that if they knew he had been there, they might have offered him a place to stay, but he really didn't enjoy the pack life all that much. He was a lone wanderer and preferred to keep it that way. So, he headed down the mountain, trying to figure out where the hell to go. 

It seemed like packs were springing up out of the blue and not many areas were safe from that. So, he would start to head south, not really want to enjoy the cold of the tundra. As he did so though, he caught the scent of a familiar woman, one that made him groan softly. It wasn't that he didn't want to see her, (he did) but playing the gentleman and teasing was a full time job that he really didn't have the motivation to do. Now that wasn't saying that he wasn't a gentleman to begin with, he simply always had to watch what he said to make sure he didn't say something rude.

But, he knew it would be ruder to not approach as he figured she could also catch his scent. So, he did so, walking over and letting out a small woof of greeting.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
[Image: d455c721-6913-11ed-be62-138f42b8ade7.gif]
Ecologist
08-30-2022, 05:26 PM
Now that the fog was lifted, she could see many. Her nose was adept to navigating through the brim, often picking up those who entered the fog ; but now it was gone, she could see a familiar face within the distance who chuffed lightly in a greeting. Speak of the devil, Vendrussel thought. Maybe a coincidence, the Ancients allowing the brim's mist to lift so she could see a familiar face in this time of dread. Part of her wondered if perhaps luck was trying to toy otherwise, feelings being settled and slight shift in her own formation, as a wolf of this land.

"Rare to see the brim without a fog," she said smiling, "although.. Suppose now you don't have anywhere to go, now that your home is claimed," Vendrussel cocked her head up to the Highvalley Hollows, "maybe it's welcoming you."

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-30-2022, 05:43 PM
He had always hated the brim, not because of anything other than the mist. He hated not being able to see further than his nose. But today, it was different, making him actually think about staying here. But then again, it also was mostly public knowledge that Dragonford unofficially claimed this area as their hunting grounds. So, he had typically stayed away, even if he did consider the leader a friend. Last thing he wanted to do was burn a bridge over something that stupid. 

Ears would flip as he chuckled softly, nodding. "It does look like dat. Doe I doubt anyone would welcome lil ol me." He would offer her a warm smile, one that wasn't as flirty as he usually did. "As much as I do hate da fact dat my home was taken, I also know dis land is claimed too." He wasn't mad about it, simply wasn't the type to move in to a place where others had previously claimed. "Speakin of, how is ya and ya pack?" He was curious to know how they were doing since he hadn't come by for a while. 

He certainly had wanted to, but he wanted to give her space, remembering how angry and annoyed she had been with what life had throw at her previously. Now though, he had hoped that she had gotten a breather.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
09-04-2022, 06:40 PM
She grinned lightly. "I don't know about that, Dragonford was always open, but someone seemed more like a free-spirit then to be chained down by a pack." She shrugged light-heartedly, words in a jest, and a welcoming that he was always welcomed if he so wanted to. Although she refrained from poaching on another date, as during the time he held the scent of another pack. She always did wonder what truly came of that.. And his disinterest toward. Although if he told her, in truth it was forgotten (because the reader forgot).

She sighed lightly, rolling her neck, "I don't know if I ever told you, but we're at war. The beach was claimed to stray them away, as they've attacked the ford wolves on this brim. It's been quite lately, but being neighbors, that'll never last." As he was a friend, she was a bit more relaxed on her words. With those who didn't know her well, or the way the ford ran ; she knew pretty words would be tossed in. Although it seemed to have backfired at one point, where one had left and she couldn't blame him, and still doesn't. It was a wonder where he was though, and how he was doing.

the staff team luvs u
09-11-2022, 09:13 PM
The man caught the offer alongside the jest, though he found himself chuckling slightly with a shrug. "Dat true, I ain't particularly fond of packs. Now dat ain't nothin against ya of course. I just prefer ta be able to wander where I wish when I wish." He would aim to lightly knock his shoulder into hers, a gentle yes playful push if she allowed it. 

However it seemed that the conversation moved to something else rather quietly, causing him to fall silent as he listened, glancing around for a moment as she spoke of it. He was curious as to why this was was going on and with who, but he also didn't want to bring up any bad thoughts for her. So instead, he would nod, turning to look at her for a moment with a cocked head. "Well if ya want, I can stay 'round here, make sure dat the place stays safe." He would offer a cute smile, cocking his head to the side causing one ear to fold slightly in a rather cute way.

[Image: The-Wildest_Editorial_Canine_Vertigo_is_...s_Hero.jpg]

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
09-15-2022, 08:17 PM
"It's not for everybody, I understand," a lackluster shrug with a grin, not feeling too hard about it. She enjoyed his companionship, even if there was some awkward bits and pieces into it ; in the end Vendrussel saw him as a friend. Wasn't it strange, where most of her friends remained as loners? Many she tried to lure in the 'sanctuary' she built, but alas, all seemed to enjoy the life of wayfaring. She couldn't put that against them, for a while she too took upon that journey and even then, roamed often as an Alpha until it butt-head to where it was now.

"Be careful," she warned, "I tell you this as I do not wish for you to be caught in the midst of a fight."

the staff team luvs u
10-10-2022, 02:18 PM
He was happy that she wasn't mad at him for not joining, as it was nothing against her. Pack life just never really agreed with him. He had nothing against staying around, but he never really enjoyed being in a large group of others, and that meant that pack meetings, group hunts and anything like that was certainly something he hated. He was always a more one on one type of dude. 

Hearing her words, he would aim to press his snout against her shoulder in a light tap. "Don't ya worry ya perdy litl' head sweetheart. You ain't gotta worry about me, ya have 'nough to worry 'bout." With that, he would aim to flop himself down on his back, nearly in her lap. Looking up at her, he would smile warmly, clearly relaxing more than he was at first. "So out a' curiosity, has any suiter gained ya heart yet?" He was teasing her mostly, but was also a little curious, figured that someone from her pack had easily stolen that spot.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common [#27ae60]
  • French [#669900]
  • Spanish [#66ff00]
10-11-2022, 09:59 PM
She didn't mind it, perhaps some part of her desired that brooding of a pile-up once more. She felt stressed, she felt determined, but she was also worried of her packmates. Regret often swam and now it was hollowed out, the memory of 'do not hate yourself' was constantly around and yet now all that there was — survival. Whether to flee to Duskguard one day or the next to Empyrean, but would one die? Would she have to set on the same warpath as they did? She wasn't sure. That pain and vengeance was there, especially with how they started the war ; but was it worth more blood? Soon the dial would drop, and certainty would breach through the dusk.

"No," Vendrussel said plainly, "too busy, too much to do." Although the factor was too, her type wasn't around — somewhere within the mountains though. Tall, dark and handsome? Too bad.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top