Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Searching for thoughts

AW
08-27-2022, 12:44 PM
The young girl was getting very adventurous lately, wanting to explore more and more. Her adopted mother, @Elenora was amazing about keeping her safe and teaching her things. But, she wanted to go further. So, without telling her mother, she slipped out, heading further than she ever had. She didn't know that she was stumbling into pack lands though, and instead simply walked around with a curious look.

Finding a river, she would bound over to it, starting to play within the water. She was happy and content, unaware of the possible danger she put herself into.

the staff team luvs u
Demonia Empire
Greenwood
Ecologist
09-02-2022, 01:17 AM

The doe had been out at the time of her leave. She'd been out gathering sources of medicinal herbs and continuously saying their names over until she picked another. It was a good way to remember them, by their taste, smell, color, and last names — which she thought were the hardest of all. "Fen-YUH-greek." 
She said, through the green leaves in her mouth, as she trotted towards the den. She murmured it to herself, sounding it out slow then reciting the benefits of the herb. The woman got halfway through how it helped with constipation before she was gawking at the sight of an empty den. With her maw slightly agape, the herbs fell out of them, and within seconds, her nose was towards the ground and following a fresh scent out of Greenwood's reach. 

Elenora felt as if she were flying. The only time in her entire life that she'd gone this fast and didn't falter in her steps or fumble over her long legs. No, she had no time for that. Her daughter was gone. The thought pushed her forward even quickly, following the suit of her deer counterparts when they fled. 

It became clearer and clearer to the terrified mother that Thelma was not only missing, but her scent was leading her towards someone else's borders. Panic shot down through her chest and eclipsed her heart with fear. 'What if something happens to her?' The thought swirls around her mind like a vulture descending on its prey. She is a victim to the will of her anxiety. If she could not be a loving, all-giving mother, then who was she? The thought of becoming like her mother sits like a shadow in the back of her mind. No, she was. Or she wouldn't be soaring over the land, and possibly through more than just the borders of the pack, after Thelma.

A river glinted in the distance. The doe's breath could be heard from miles away, she was sure of it, panting with soft whimpers. "Thelma ~!" 
It was a hushed whisper shout, trying to find her child in a silent, unsecured area. And then she sees it, the brown and white stripped pattern of her child. She is very much alive and playing in the river. Tears prickle the corners of Elenora's eyes as she swoops into the river and immediately pulls the child into her. "Thelma!" Her voice cracked, an octave deeper than she would have liked. "Oh, my Thelma... What are you doing?? This isn't our home." Now that most of her heart-wrenching; feeling like you've been hit by a herd of bison straight into the heart, had passed, she was cornered, and upset with her daughter.

Elenora turned her child towards her and looked down at her, nose to nose, eyes still sparkling with unshed tears, and then finds the energy in her to scruff the girl, not waiting for any protests. This conversation can be continued whilst they were marching their way out of wherever they were — and back to Greenwood. 

@Thelma
the staff team luvs u
elenora is transgender, male to female. so to strangers, she appears as a male.

[Image: ciLzP54.png]
09-06-2022, 12:00 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2022, 12:01 PM by Creole. Edited 2 times in total.)

Sorry for the wait! Here it issss!

It was sunny that day, the beams of summer beat down on his pelt and he grumbled as he patrolled the borders. He cursed his duties at this moment, he didn't mind the duty itself, it was the constant exposure to the weather he didn't like. It wasn't all the time either, it was usually just the late morning/early afternoon that the playtoy didn't enjoy. It didn't matter in the end, his job was to protect his goddess and he would with his life, Creole was a good little soldier.

He had come to the river and began to follow it when something shifted in the winds and it brought the scents of newcomers. The dragon threw his snout to the wind and inhaled their direction, melted gold globes narrowed at the strangers intrusion on their lands, he didn't know if this was going to be an encounter of body or mind but he would find out. The mountain moved towards the mixture of melting scents, not wasting too much time in the details of the individuals.

For being large the male was extremely light on his feet, swift and fast like a gale force, it didn't take him long to appear upon two wolves past his borders. Her borders. He sunk down behind bushes, downwind from them, presuming he was undetected, he gazed upon the scene of what seemed to be a parental figure upset over the disappearance of the thing they held in their mouth.

He growled softly, whether they were parent and child or not they were past Her scent markers, their lines in the grasses that drew a boundary none shall cross unless they wanted to face the wrath of one of their demons. There was a voice that broke the barrier of his instincts and the dragons trance was disrupted, he knew that voice. Chuckling the man rose above the grasses and high above the pair and he approached them with a smirk across his handsome features he shook his massive cranium. He pulled himself up to his full height, an impressive sight as he pulled a tail high above his rump in dominance of the situation, luxurious fur ruffling as the winds blew and shifted at their own will.

Ele... He murmured at the wolf, another chuckle escaping his lips at them more directly this time, I almost attacked you... Don't you know how dangerous it is to pass into borders uninvited...? He furrowed his brow a little at the scene of the babe and mother, he tried to evaluate the scene and then it dawned on the brute what was most likely happening. He dipped his head down a little to meet the gaze of the child before speaking. малышка (Malyshka- Little girl) don't you know how dangerous it is to come into another's home without being asked...? There are monsters out there...

He looked at Elenora, sympathy in his eyes, but the gaze was also tinged with hints of concern, frustration and slight irritation, Ele I can promise you and yours the safety of accidents in my accord but I can't speak for my companions here... They are not... As understanding as I am... He pulled himself upwards again before he sighed heavily with the situation he had come across. This wasn't exactly what he planned for his day...

@Elenora @Thelma
the staff team luvs u

Creole is a 3-3-3 character.
*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
I write for the man. I do not condone this man's actions.
I speak. I think. I listen.
09-11-2022, 09:33 PM
Even as she explored, she was unaware of much else going on around her until she felt herself being pulled back into a body, letting out a startled yelp until she heard her mother's words, turning to look up at her with a smile. "Hi mama!" She paused as she noticed that her mother was worried, instantly feeling like she wanted to cry. "I'm sorry mama, I didn't mean to worry you." Before she could do much else though, she was being picked up and carried off, making her huff slightly. 

However, before they could fully leave, another stopped them, smelling like the area they were in. Instantly, she smiled and wiggled her legs, "Hi there! You're really cool looking! I'm Thelma and this is Mama! Who are you?" She really just wanted to be friends with everyone, not knowing how much danger she could potentially be in.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
09-13-2022, 10:40 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-2022, 10:41 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Mentions of Homicidal intent toward children
Reign was in a sour mood brought on by the lack of sleep motherhood brought to her most nights. Her little hell spawns had certainly been up to no good the night prior. Which made for a night of little sleep and a terrible attitude. She was more than ready to snuff the life out them all when she had stopped to take a breath. 

Yes; motherhood was certainly challenging. But she reminded herself that her litter would bring honor to her family. They just needed to begin trainings soon so they would fall into line. Because she would certainly feel no remorse if one or two had to die for a peaceful nights sleep. 

She instead dropped all of her children; Biological and Adoptive, off with her Brother Mentu. Before she climbed her way to the top of her Home. The Highest ledge of the Hireath. Staring down at her Empire she felt a calm wash over her. This is what she was born for. And eventually her children would understand that this. This was the Saxe way. 

It had been a few days since the Viscountess had stepped outside the Hireath. And she wondered if her scent markers needed to touched up again. She’s surely enjoy the stretching of her muscles. Pushing of the ledge, she made her way to the hidden entrance. Passing through with ease. 

She began a light jog until she hit the first scent marker. Squatting she quickly gave the marker a refresher. Before a breeze hit her nose. Amethyst eyes narrowed in displeasure, as two unknown scents hit her nose. Fur Bristled, and muscles tensed. Someone, no, two someone’s had crossed into her land. 

She made a B line and easily kicked herself into a sprint. Her nose guiding her to the intruders. As the scent grew stronger she slowed herself to a trot. Because as she neared a familiar scent bang to mix within the new ones. A scent she was extremely familiar with - Creole. 

Inside she relaxed slightly that he had found the intruders. But outwards her face held that of stone. Her amethyst eyes cold and dangerous. Her head held high, and her tail a symbol of dominance. She quietly stepped through the brush. Watching the exchange before her. 

”Ele I can promise you and yours the safety of accidents in my accord but I can't speak for my companions here... They are not... As understanding as I am…”

Reign waited to announce herself just yet. But she would made a mental note to ask him what he meant by that later. She was about to step forward when the child spoke. 

"Hi there! You're really cool looking! I'm Thelma and this is Mama! Who are you?"

Reign decided it was time to step in. As Demonia had strict rules as far as trespassing went. And child or no, these strangers would be subjected to them as well. Hel had been lucky to be accepted into the pack. But these strangers, they smelled unlike a loner. So reign could only assume they were of another pack. Which only made her blood boil more. 

She took a step forward and cleared her throat. 

“He is Creole, Concubinus to the Viscountess of The Demonia Empire, who’s lands you currently are within - Without permission” Her voice was hard and laced with a threat. 

She turned to meet the eyes of the Adult Stranger the child referred to a Mama. Her Amethyst eyes cold as she hoped to make eye contact.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
09-17-2022, 03:20 PM

In her attempt to hightail it out of there, she heard rustling behind her. Elenora stopped dead in her tracks, like a deer caught in the eyes of a predator, ready to be chased. Her ears rung in the absence of speech, and then, thankfully, a familiar voice rose above the ringing. She turned fully to meet the other, a sigh of relief exiting through her nose. Submission could be seen through every part of her body, stance lowered with her tail tucked as his remained high, her ears pressed to her head with shining azure eyes that could only present the words she hadn't said yet. 

Thelma spoke for the both of them and Elenora's eyes closed, still somewhat irritated with her child, but not completely angry. She knew that the poor kid didn't know any better, but they'd be remedying that soon. Nora set the child in between her front legs, making sure she was placed steadily to where she would not wander away. "I am so sorry Creole... I know.. I just... I couldn't risk anything happening to her. She's my daughter." Elenora murmured to the man, hushed tones as if it'd save them from being found out. "I know the situation I've put you in... T-Thank you for not attacking us..." Her eyes cast down to her child with a sigh, her form shuddering, looking herself like a punished child. 

And then, the leader came. Elenora's entire demeanor shrunk even more — if that was possible. Her eyes barely glanced up at her. She was larger than her in terms of weight and size. Maybe she was the same height as Nora, but it was hard to tell when Nora was cowered over her child. "Y-Yes ma'am... I am.. So sorry.. My daughter she accidentally went over the borders.. She didn't know. I.. Please." This time her eyes pick up to make contact with the leader's, "This will never happen again."

the staff team luvs u

09-17-2022, 06:52 PM
Hope y'all don't mind Val joining <<333

Valkyrie had been on patrol when new, strange scents wafted through the grasses.
Rumbling, she trotted quickly to the scene, but she was hardly the first one to be present as she was arriving roughly from the side.
The white man, Creole, as large as herself, she had met him before once, understood him to be one of the Empire, and so, not an enemy.
And the Viscountess.
Valkyrie stopped beside Reign, if not slightly behind her, looking to the timid woman and the child with an impassive purple gaze.
The Machine was not yet in Kill Mode.
Not yet.
Not until Reign gave the order.

Only when given the order would Valkyrie become dangerous.
the staff team luvs u
09-23-2022, 02:53 AM (This post was last modified: 09-23-2022, 02:57 AM by Creole. Edited 4 times in total.)

I came with a knife and a drum mag,
Now it’s run Forrest, run Forrest, run fast.

Sorry I got lost in the posting order, I THINK it was my turn?

Hope this is okay and j got everything right!

The innocent before him complimented his appearance and stoked his ego, smirking he let out a soft chuckle to the small girl and shook his enormous head, golden pools sparkling, his maw sweeping back and forth in a head shake of amusement. Elenora apologized profusely to him, explaining the situation, he had never been a parent so he couldn't say he understood her position but he felt if he were in the same one he'd do the same thing... Though he also knew he had the size, strength, and training to defend himself and said child if need be. He didn't know Elenora very well but from her appearance she didn't seem like she'd been able to defend the pair if he hadn't known her at all.

"I know the situation I've put you in... T-Thank you for not attacking us..." She sputtered and his trance was broken. His features flashed from the amusement of the child to the frustration of the situation,“With all due respect I don't think you do the Viscountess she is my...” He began, but then something shifted, his nose caught her scent and his head was filled with so many conflicting feelings. Creole was excited, that rush of warmth flooding him, but quickly being flushed away by a cold ocean wave of panic.

And then she was there. Instincts took over as his beautiful queen appeared before his eyes, fire following her pawsteps as she demanded control. As her subordinate and her lover he submitted, dropping his tail as he swept the long appendage behind him in delight for his queen. If Elenora didn't understand the situation before she sure as hell would now. Lucky for him Elenora was not a confrontational being and did exactly as she should have which was recognize her actions were dangerously disrespectful.

But then when he thought it wasn't going to escalate, it did. Their warrior, Valkyrie, appeared beside them. Silent and strong she stood shoulder height with the male and the two crystalline bodyguards surrounded their leader, one on each side. Though now Valkyrie was here the safety of the trespassers was in more jeopardy then before. All it would take from Reign is a single command and there would be blood. He couldn't let that happen, he felt it wouldn't be fully justified, he understood rules but he also felt exceptions could occasionally be made.

“мое неистовство ”...“Please forgive the woman and her child...” He purred at her, placing his head near his leaders, a soft like caressing her cheek before continuing,“ The child is young and doesn't understand borders... Elenora was just trying to keep her safe... I'm sure she meant no harm and wasn't planning on staying long...” He offered, hoping that would be enough to calm Reigns mood, if not that maybe his gentle touches would be enough to soothe her beast. His long plush tail gently tracing along her hindquarters in reassurance.

He turned a large head to look at Valkyrie, he could see her switch waiting to be flipped. He'd been there, but currently he was enough in his head at the moment that he was able to keep his composure, for the most part, and try to be diplomatic and fair about it. Creole hoped Reign would do the same and not take a chip of his ear for even trying to calm her raging waters.

“You'd better fucking hear me.”
"I'll absorb your sound."
“hover for me ”

@Reign @Valkyrie @Thelma @Elenora
the staff team luvs u

Creole is a 3-3-3 character.
*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
I write for the man. I do not condone this man's actions.
I speak. I think. I listen.
09-25-2022, 12:46 AM
The little girl didn't understand what all was happening and, as they two adults talked, she continued to look around. It wasn't until two more showed up that she started to feel a little uncomfortable. However, as she looked at the black and white female, she would cock her head to the side slightly. However, she made no moves to speak up this time, figuring that if Mama was scared, she should probably be scared too. So instead, she would try to stand in front of her mother, attempting to block her if anything happened. Her tail raised as she prepared herself to spray someone, though she really didn't want to, having never used that before. She just knew that she could.

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
10-05-2022, 06:25 PM (This post was last modified: 10-05-2022, 06:29 PM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Oppression
  • Graphic Violence
  • Just verbal abuse, threats, minor description of violence towards mother and child, I’m so sorry. Reign is a monster
Reign stood firm in her glory. Breaking her eye contact once to acknowledge the arrival of Valkyrie beside her. She offered a smirk towards the woman, knowing that should she wish it, this woman and her child could very well lay limp before her. Or even be forcefully taken into their hand as Sidi. As was their rules in demonia.  All she had to do was command it. But it was then that Creole began to speak to her. 

“Please forgive the woman and her child...”

Her hot white rage dulled for a moment as he licked her cheek. But only for a moment. Because then the man added a new fuel to her fire, Jealousy. As he spoke in an almost to soft tone about this other woman, whom she noted he knew the name of. And her eyes narrowed in on the woman yet again. 

“ The child is young and doesn't understand borders... Elenora was just trying to keep her safe... I'm sure she meant no harm and wasn't planning on staying long...”

She felt his tail brush along her flank, but with her jealousy flaring it’s evil head, the action burned her. And she took a step forward. 

“Demonia is not often forgiving, I am not often forgiving. We have set rules in this empire on how we handle trespassers. But seeing as some within my ranks were unaware of said rules, otherwise you’d be dead, or on your way to the heart of our home with your freedom stripped…. I assume he was unaware. Otherwise it would be a treasonous act what he has done” her voice was cold. It lacked all emotion as she spoke.

But then she snapped a bit. 

“Let me offer you some motherly advice ElenoraShe spit the name with as much poison she could. “You’d do well to use this as a teaching example for your child. Because next time it crosses these borders… its life belongs to me. Maybe I’ll let my children earn their first kill off it. Maybe I’ll keep it around and let them practice their battle skills on it. But no matter what I choose, the body will be returned to your borders as a reminder to you, that you failed as a parent to teach your children not to cross pack borders.” She spat out. 

“Valkyrie escort them out of our lands, should they resist or procrastinate leaving, hurt the mother enough she can’t move, slaughter the child. And then drag her out” With that she turned on her paws and began to walk away. 

“Creole, come” her voice hard, and spoken as a command. One she dared him to disobey.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
10-05-2022, 08:33 PM

Another one joined a soldier who wanted for her commander to drop her judgement — what should be done with the two trespassers. Elenora couldn't bring herself to look at Creole again. She just couldn't. The amount of guilt she felt could radiate an entire room with heat. The alabaster man spoke on behalf of the two, and she could only be grateful that they had met a few moons ago. Otherwise, they'd be dead. Both her child and her — because there was no way that she wouldn't die for the little creature beneath her. When Thelma shuffled in front of her, out of protection, with a swift paw, she pulled her back underneath her.

All of Elenora shook as the Queen spoke to her again. Her voice was thick with disdain, almost as if were spitting acid onto the mother and child. Though her azure eyes cut to Creole when the woman spoke of treason. "N-No ma'am. This was just a misfortunate mistake. I swear it." The doe's tone was frailer than usual. But she could not stand by and not say anything in Creole's defence. He'd just stuck his neck out for her, and she'd do the same. She was sure it would chance whatever was to come. 

It's as if Elenora can see the shift in her face. The emotionless blank that made for a stone-cold leader, but then it twists with malice as her gaze darkened onto her. And then she spoke. The first time mother completely recoiled at the way her name had been so misformed in her mouth, said out of hate rather than love. It reminded her of her own parents, the way they used her full dead name. The way it felt like spikes in her ribs, pin-needles prickling at her paws, and the ringing in her ears — all of it tying her together, ready to throw her into the river and let her drown. But what was coming it was much worse. 

'It.' Like her child didn't possess a soul or a conscious. Unparalleled to any feeling she'd experienced in the last few minutes — an anger rose in her chest, boiling. Anything pointed at her she could take, but to her child? Her previously chattering teeth rammed against each other, gritting as she stood there and took it. She could do nothing, otherwise their fate... It'd be final. And she wanted her child to see tomorrow, and many, many other days after that. So, in all her anger, she felt swirling within her heart, the same maddening feeling she felt as a disgraced child. She swallowed it. Though, instead of covering her own ears like she wanted, her left paw mashed into her daughter's ear and pushed her other into her leg, muffling what she could hear from the leader who was spouting off that she would let her children practice on Thelma. The thought makes her cut her gaze away from all of them, feeling tears well up in the corners of her eyes. 

They are dismissed to the warrior, who she knows she will have to hear berate them on the way out, but she doesn't care. She scooped up the child by her scruff, making sure she could not fight out of her grip. Elenora allows herself to meet Creole's gaze before the Countess summoned him with a demand. There was no wiggle room — none for her to apologize or thank him, so she simply looks away, and drops her head down, ears low. The woman takes a step towards the way out, waiting on the soldier but showing she wanted to leave. She didn't want to stay any longer than she had to. But she did not allow Valkyrie to see her face, and she knew Thelma could not, so she allowed the silent tears to fall, leaving a trail between them and the horrid Demonia Empire.

the staff team luvs u

10-09-2022, 01:17 AM
potentially short reply from me, apologies <3

Valkyrie remained on standby as Reign took the situation by the horns and promptly body-slammed it into the earth. 
It was respectable in its own way, and Valkyrie was not one to object to Reign's ways.
To the ways of the Empire.

As the mother and her child were dismissed to Valkyrie, the soldier gave a curt nod and prowled closer to Elenora and the kid in her maw.
The Berserkir-Woman said nothing, instead keeping an eye on the mother to assure her follow, as Val lead them out.
---------
She would rumble upon getting them across the borders, still saying nothing. She felt no need to speak, instead she would watch Elenora until the mother and her child would eventually disappear into the terrain before them before Valkyrie would make her way back to the Hiraeth.

Added the last bit in case anyone wants to close this thread here! If not pls ping me in Discord and I'll edit!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top