Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Mother oh Mother

P
08-25-2022, 03:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-25-2022, 03:42 AM by Akira. Edited 1 time in total.)
The boy bounded around, running after a rabbit that he had found. He was trying very hard to catch it but his legs were still smallish! Running after it, he giggled as he did so, only finally getting close enough to pounce. With a jump, he would slam into the rabbit, slamming his whole body into it as they both did a few tumbles. Finally he came to a halt, the rabbit hanging limp from his mouth. He was excited and happy with himself, looking around for @Harper to show Dirt Mama how good he did.

He hadn't seen her in a while and would wander back to her den, ducking in to the den that he once showed up in randomly. The den that now comforted him. "Mama! Look I caught it!"

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 54529195_RrfrlNYrodsDcgt.png?1672705288]
08-25-2022, 04:30 AM
^^
takes place before birth ~

The tightness of her belly told Harper that she would be with children soon, making it near impossible for her to leave her den or the territory. She was feeling a little hungry, but Akira had appeared in her den with a rabbit that he’d just caught.

“It’s like you knew,” Harper chuckled softly with the lick of her lips. She smiled softly to her second adopted son, with the arch of her brows. “Just the boy I was looking for, hm? I’ve got a quest for you, my dear. It’s very important.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-30-2022, 11:19 PM
The boy held his head up proudly, his tail wagging heavily behind him. He was happy to help his mother and, as she spoke of a quest for him, he would gasp slightly and lower himself to the ground flicking his tail slightly. "I can do it! I'm a ninja!" He would giggle to himself and start pouncing around, his mind already going elsewhere even at the thought of it. Only after a few moments though would he sit up rather quickly. "Oh right, what is it mama? You can count on me!" He hoped he got to go track someone down, or maybe steal something. Oh! Maybe he had to go assassinate someone!

the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 06:22 PM
^^Of course, the idea of a mission was exciting, and Akira grew excited. Look at him gasp and wag his tail. Harper watched him in admiration for several moments. “You’re the best ninja I know.” He was the only ninja, actually.

She smiled down at him and wagged her tail. “I need you to go find your brother. His name is Hawking. He should be nearby, somewhere. Tell him it is time. He’ll know what it means.” She’d lean forward to give him a kiss on the forehead.

“It is a matter of great importance and urgency that you find him, Akira.”

She could have just howled for him - but this was more exciting.
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-07-2022, 01:37 PM
He listened very carefully, his mouth open in a wide smile. Yes, he was in fact the best ninja and was happy that his mother understood that. Cocking his head to the side slightly, he listened to his mission, nodding his head silently. It wasn't until she was done talking that he would speak up, already turning to run out the den. "Consider it done momma!" He would begin to bound off out of the den to find @Hawking, not really knowing where to go but determined to find him nonetheless.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top