Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
the forgotten thread

Afternoon
P
Adventurer
08-23-2022, 09:51 PM
may fuck up some timelines, this is after THIS thread, but before THIS thread

After some findings of Haldis within The Everfrost, Aries returned to tell @Olive and @Tiberius of these new neighbors. They were quite fresh though, for she visibly remember visiting the land before it had been claimed, and days afterwards held a stronghold. She wasn't used to packs settling so quickly, knowing the neighbors and even her own were one of generations, that is a rather fascinating to witness ; but Aries knew, as wolves itself come and go. Many left to make their own, but many were simply not heard of again. 

But there was notice from Sorina, the thoughts of peace and alliance.. That was news she was determined to deliver, that the neighbors by no mean were of hostility or secrecy, but more then willing to extend relations. Aries sought out one or the other of the leaders.

the staff team luvs u
08-24-2022, 07:57 PM
Olive was easy to find, and was generally predictable about where she chose to spend most of her time. There was very little that concerned her in these peaceful, summer moments other than the well-being of her immediate family; yet there were others than edged their way into her general vicinity of caring. Those pack members who chose to follow them and stayed. Archon, Genghis...

"Aries?" Olive breathed, coming upon the young snow hare, who seemed to be searching something out with great haste. Olive craned her ears forward in welcome, allowing Aries to go right into her great matter without any platitudes, if she wished. And how, did Olive hope she wished!

the staff team luvs u
[Image: Sprite-0005.gif]

duskguard  /  healing    /  lineage
Adventurer
08-25-2022, 05:33 PM
"Priestess," Aries smoothly came to her and smiled gently, a light bow within a respected greeting before she diverged to simple news, "I have learned recently a new pack thrives in The Everfrost.. I had visited it days prior to but a docile scent, and now they are strong under the name Haldis." It was a faint memory she had met a strange holy-man in it's depths, and only had found of their scent by the time she was to depart. So faint at the time, that days later was stronger — more formed and stable within their land it had caught her by a surprise, that she could not help but seek them curiously. However with all due time as well, the Lady Paramount, wished to deliver her own thoughts and prayers to the other.

"I have met their Queen, Sorina."

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
08-29-2022, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 09-02-2022, 11:28 AM by Olive. Edited 1 time in total.)
Aries indulged her quickly, sharing the news she had learned of a pack that had formed in the midst of the snowy Everfrost. The territory was only a stone's throw from the Vale, but the entire pack had been so utterly distracted with their newest litter, that the entire forest had been colonized right beneath their noses. 

Once again, Olive found herself being profoundly grateful that Aries had been dropped in the center of the Vale, and not any other location at random.

The Priestess blinked, turning this information over in her mind.
"The Everfrost? Truly?" she first confirmed, then fell silent again, thinking. "How does their pack fare?" the councilwoman asked next, somehow convinced that they should be of feeble strength. Not compared to Duskguard and the Vale, anyhow. "I've long-since considered those lands to be cursed," she concluded, indulging in a bit a hearsay to mask her newfound surprise.

the staff team luvs u

Adventurer
08-30-2022, 02:44 AM
"They were quite welcoming, and in-fact were quite open of the possibilities of alliances, and I mentioned I would pass their words onto you and Tiberius." Aries was not a leader of Duskguard, all she could do was offer such wording when Sorina inquired of such.. Maybe the hope of something grand, but she could not help but cock her head lightly and look at Olive in a puzzlement, "what reason would it be cursed?"

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
09-02-2022, 11:28 AM
I think I'm off in where this thread occurs in timelines, so let me know if I reference anything wrong!

The information did not settle so easily with Olive. Perhaps it was the discomfort and feelings from yesteryear, or there was an equal chance it was because of her newfound responsibilities and love for the four puppies that slept back at the nursery. Either way, the woman found the tension that rose in her chest to be supremely uncomfortable, almost as if someone has stolen the air from her lungs. Olive tried to remind herself that she and Tiberius founded Duskguard not to engage in competition, but to help the whole benefit from sum of its parts. 

Time to walk the walk.

Aries spoke that the pack seemed to be friendly and open to working together, and it make Olive thankful to be on the proactive end of this relationship. The Everfrost was a great land — the gateway to the north — and it would behoove her to make great allies of whoever controlled it. Then, why did the words stick in her throat, and the entire idea feel raw and unwelcome? She would have to talk to her Chieftain about this, but first, she must gather more information. Olive released a pent-up sigh, tucked her lips into a small smile, and nodded her head towards Aries.

"Thank you for being at the helm of this endeavor, and for being the eyes and ears of Duskguard. I must gift you with some herbs, to show my gratitude..." For a moment, Olive mulled over in her head what medicinal bouquet would suit the snowhare best, but she brought herself back to the far-more unpleasant task at hand. "Kuhn and his woman, Valmua, once ruled the Everfrost. They were ousted by the packs Vanderfell and Shiroshika, the two packs you visited to deliver the message of the court. They tried to murder them.” Olive looked up, feeling suddenly guilty for sending Aries on such a mission without knowing that context.

"But that is ancient history now, so it seems.”

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top