Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I love you, bitch (yeah, I love you)

AW
Elysium
08-22-2022, 05:01 PM
Harper was getting fat, but Violet thought nothing of her lazy aunt. She just thought was overally eating, and though wanted to comment.. Was more amused to see how she bubbled up and the sheer amount of food she would eat, at least, Violet thought she was sucking up all the prey in the cache's to get that large. Maybe a few comments here and there, but alas, many attempted to keep her wicked tongue away.

Until some gross high-pitched sounds were heard, and the information that well. Violet got cousins.

And so she approached the den, peering in with a scrunched up face, "they ugly."

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
08-23-2022, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 05:13 PM by Valeska. Edited 1 time in total.)
Valeska woke with a start.

The familiar keening of infants could be heard close by in one of the neighboring dens, and considering only one wolf in the pack was pregnant - Harper. Oh-! Had she missed the birth?! What in the gods' names had happened, how did she sleep through something so momentous? She sprang to her paws and skirted outside, sending a plume of dust into the air as she turned a tight corner and gained traction toward her sister's den.

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck-

Ah. Violet was already there.

The High Priestess smiled warmly, pleased that her most difficult child was finally showing the beginnings of familial affection; why, even an eagerness to meet her new cousin-

“They ugly.”

Her voice was so high, so thin, yet the sound carried so well - and oh, gods, Harper was there, she could make out her dark silhouette near the back of the cave as the sounds of soft whimpering echoed pointedly through the ominous stillness that hung between them.

Without a word, Valeska grabbed Violet by the scruff and swiftly hiked the pup between her legs like the center on a football team, sending the child tumbling backwards toward the light in a bid for her survival.

Clearing her throat, Valeska smiled broadly, staying a safe enough distance away just in case Harper was still lethal.

“Please - do not mind my terror, I mean child, for she is still... learning manners, and it is a long and perilous road. I apologize,” she said quickly, casting an ominous eye toward the offending pup. Gods, she was a handful. “Now - let me meet them! Oh, may I? Have you decided names? Harper, they are so beautiful; I wonder if they shall have your eyes!”

{For staff: Mediator skill}

the staff team luvs u
[Image: m7jPOzS.png]
Paladin
08-23-2022, 11:40 PM
^^What was that stupid little, funny saying about apples and trees? Nonetheless, Valeska wasn’t the only one who’d slept through the entire birthing process. Perhaps Violet’s little flawed logic had some truth to it, as Harper herself had slept through the entire thing - which was fine, you know, if she hadn’t been the one to give birth to them!

Whereas Valeska had not one, but two midwives, Harper supposed she hadn’t needed them, since the three children at her side looked to be in perfect, healthy condition. All cleaned up, and curled at her side — so either someone had touched and bathed them before Harper could, or she had woken in her sleep, and done so without the memory of it.

She would have remained asleep, too, until someone came to check on her — or until a bratty little bitch came with a pen and paper, asking for Harper’s signature on her deathwish.

They ugly.

How in the world had her sister, the sweet bean of Elysium, given birth to such a nasty, vile creature was beyond her. She hoped that her children would come to put that little terror in her place. Her hackles rose, and Harper lunged out to snap her jaws around Violet’s little neck with a deep, protective growl —

Snap. Click. Would come the sound of Harper’s canines closing in on nothing, Valeska having pulled the child back in the nick of time. Her eyes, for a moment, lingered on that of her sister — allowing her sister’s soothing voice to calm her into returning to her children, who had been tossed aside and dropped in her pursuit to maim the bitch.

“You would be wise to remove that word from her vocabulary.” It was the final warning that she would give them. “Who on earth did you piss off to get such a… ” Harper paused, eyes on Violet, then back on her sister, brows lifting. No need to give the child more ugly words to use on everyone else. She didn’t even finish her sentence, glancing over to her children.

Her children, that she did not share with anyone else. Her little warriors. Her reasons to live. Valeska wanted to meet them. Of course she did and Harper smiled softly, glancing back at her sister as she’d called them beautiful.

It warmed her heart, though she was a bit.. heartbroken at this moment. A moment ought to be sharing with her late husband. She pondered how he would have reacted to Violet; to seeing his own children — even those that were not his. A few tears came to her eyes and a soft whimper as she came to nuzzle her daughter.

“I was given two boys, and a little girl. My eldest is named Rigby. He has a little tiny tail, and it’s the cutest thing ever.” Just like someone else they know, and Harper thought fondly of him, even if the children would not come to know their fathers, not even Rigby.

“The middle is Fiora, my little flower.” Harper cooed softly, gesturing towards her with a prideful smile and a lick upon her little head. She stared at little Fiora for several moments, until she came upon Orel, who was the most vibrantly colored of the bunch.

“I wanted to follow your example, so I’ve named this one Orel.” Without having any knowledge of who he would come to be, Harper smiled down at him as she gave each of her children a nuzzle and a lick on their tiny little heads.

And though they were too young to understand, or do anything in this stage, she would smile and gently nudge them towards Valeska. “And this is your Auntie Valeska and your two cousins, Poopie Head and Dimitri.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
08-23-2022, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 11:47 PM by Violet. Edited 1 time in total.)
With a notable 'oof' Violet was thrown back, not even able to react or hear the snapping of her aunt, as her mother footballed her away for her own protection. Falling back into the dirt, and looking at Valeska with utter surprise and betrayel! "What! I was saying the truth!" was her defense, for Violet, only said the honest truth and that.. Most of everything besides herself, her mother, maybe Narcissa, was rather ugly. Especially those kids, they were so dark.. One was stained like Alder, a bit, which just made it 10x worse.

Shaking the dirt off of her pelt, Violet 'humphed' loudly and even glared at her brother, @Dimitri, who one way or another had visited as well. He sucked just as much as Aunt Harper, if not even more — at the moment his suck-up was worse then Alder's appearance, and she was now Dimitri's #1 hater, and on-top of her hated list. A sissy and a mama's boy? Worst combo.

"Mam! Aunt Harper is being a shit stain!" oh.. who knows where Violet heard that though. But she wasn't a poopy head!

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
08-24-2022, 05:00 PM
Her sister's lighting-fast jaws snapped together against empty air, the terrifying sound of the sheer power that lay behind those viciously curved fangs reverberating through Valeska's sternum. Nevertheless, she stood serenely, unblinking and unflinching in the face of what might have been an instantaneous death either for herself or her child.

It would have been deserved. She could hardly act offended over something as cruel as calling a new mother's pups ugly, especially when that mother was Harper, and the perpetrator was Violet.

She believed in justice almost as much as she believed in natural selection.

“I see you still have some energy,” she said lightly, even joyfully.
The dark she-wolf had collected herself, rounding up her errant pups and resuming a position of comfort. Who on earth did you piss off to get such a...

Valeska smiled vacantly in response.

There were some questions even the gods themselves could not answer.

As Harper methodically and affectionately introduced the newest members of Elysium, the High Priestess would coo and fawn over each in turn, gently touching the pups' silken heads with her nose by way of greeting. “You have made magnificent children,” she breathed softly, eyes growing damp with tears. She had always known Harper would have a fetching litter with her coloration, but oh, how exquisitely unique they all looked - she wondered how far up the family tree genetics had reached to create such a variety! Whoever the father was, he would be proud.

Little Rigby and his stump-tail reminded her quite strongly of Mordecai, interestingly enough... how funny! The warrior would surely get a kick out of that.
What a coincidence.
Crazy.

Fiora possessed a startling amount of white to her coat, something that surely her sire had passed down, though it had not seemed to touch her brothers. She could faintly make out Harper's eye-wings extending out toward the edges of her face, and Valeska smiled fondly.

Orel intrigued her. His markings almost perfectly mimicked his mother's, yet he lay painted in dark crimson. Valeska wondered where the red had come from - truly, each pup was so different, it was a marvel they all came from the same litter.

“They are wonderful. I am so happy that all are safe and-”

Mam! Aunt Harper is being a shit stain!

Where the fuck was she learning these words.

Valeska's head swiveled around so fast, a lesser wolf would have broken their neck.

“My heart,” she whispered, Мой прекрасный цветок. How you soil your mouth with such filthy words. I must insist you apologize to your aunt.”

"Or else I cannot guarantee your safety," she thought ruefully.

@Dimitri was surely mortified, knowing his delicate constitution in the face of conflict. Valeska moved protectively over him, knowing that if Violet would not yield, the fallout would be astronomical - but it was in Houtu's hands now.

“Violet - please.”

Silence.

Now.

{For staff: Mediator)

the staff team luvs u
08-24-2022, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2022, 05:29 PM by Dimitri. Edited 2 times in total.)
Violet is going to get herself killed. He has been dying to see the new babies, because he loves his aunt and Mordecai very much. Until Violet started speaking, he's thought that perhaps he'd love the babies too. But looking at Violet, the heretical sister that doesn't know the proper way to behave, he's not sure. Could it be that Violet is just incredibly stupid? If that's the case, he has to protect this moron from a death she's stumbling towards so that she can learn to walk properly.

He steps forward towards his aunt, listening to her introduce the children. Trying to ignore Violet. If he doesn't enable her behavior, she'll learn. (He tries to bite down the image of wringing her neck, of crushing her windpipe. She won't say a word if she can't breathe. The thought is harrowing to him.) He breathes deep, and as Violet speaks again, he decides he's not going to justify her with a response. He doesn't even look at her.

"They're very lovely, Auntie," he says proudly. "I hope they'll be big enough to play soon. I'll teach them some of the things Mordecai's going to teach me."

Let Violet witness how to speak properly to a respected elder, he prays internally. The whites of his eyes show that, honestly, he's not comfortable with this situation. But he'll lead... by example...
the staff team luvs u
08-24-2022, 06:00 PM
Noise. 

There was so much noise. It was too loud. He didn't like it. Murmurs then shouts and snarls. He burrowed into the warmth and huffed. A familiar scent, one that was instantly soothing and warm took over his nose as he buried into Harper's fur. He was tired. Oh so tired. Curled into a ball of reds and ivory, he did not want to greet the world. For he was happy just right where he was. As he closed his eyes, he felt colder-colder, he was not really there. He fell back into familiar territory. The realm of dreams.
the staff team luvs u
08-25-2022, 06:44 PM
She yawned. It was big. Earth shaking. Well, for her that is. The way it flipped Fiora’s body onto her side without hesitation. Such new things in this world happening. Everything felt like a possibility to learn more. And there would be. For now, she curled into Orel. His scent one of familiarity. Just like their mother. Her coat keep them both comfortable. With a fresh bar of sweet milk. Which she took time to indulge in. The liquid filling her insides. Rocking her into a sweet bliss of unforetold dreams.
the staff team luvs u
08-25-2022, 07:39 PM
^^

She had come quietly, stepping on small paws after the trail of her mother, sister and brother. All seemed to veer towards Aunt Harper's den and seemingly, Narcissa had been late to the party. The little flower didn't know what it had meant, really, when Harper's sides had suddenly appeared bigger and now suddenly, there were... puppies, puppies like them?

Narcissa came up behind her family, peering around Valeska to smile beautifully towards their Aunt, "Aunt Harper," Cissa greeted calmly, giving a soft wag of her tail as curiosity got the better of her as she opted to then to trot towards Violet and smile. Their sister was... opinionated, loud and wasn't making much of an ally in their Aunt but that was Violet, wasn't it? "More family?" the girl enquired as she peered to them, the children varied and much, much darker than she was.  

The little flower would only smile, keeping her teeth behind her lips as the smile instead sat softly, sweetly, hoping that Violet might be a little bit more at ease with her at her side. She would rather her sister not die, not yet and especially not to their Aunt -- thinking that it would only give Narcissa an issue later on in life.

^^

the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 06:34 PM
^^ Harper had expected, at the very least, for her sister to say something in Violet’s defense to calling her newborns ugly; to Violet calling Harper a shitstain — wasn’t that the same thing Dimas had called her, in calling her the Devilwolf of their pack? She did not flinch; she did not even look surprised at the words coming out of the girl’s mouth — as pure and as ugly as Violet herself was.

The best way to punish her was to ignore her, though she would smirk as she watched her sister demand an apology. Watching her sister discipline her children was interesting; moreso because Valeska was still seen as her darling little angel of a sister vs a mother; a pack leader.

The Oracle and the One True Angel, Narcissa, came to visit too. They were kind and just, and literally everything that their sister was not. For this, Harper would love them more. “Thank you, Dimitri. I - ”

Orel began moving against her, followed by movement from his sister, and Harper couldn’t help but to swoon over them, delivering kisses and soft nuzzles.

“They will be big enough to play with you guys soon,”] Harper cooed, nodding towards Narcissa. “Yes, Cissa, these are your cousins.”

Harper sighed softly; it would have been nice to grow up with cousins, or something. At least then, Dimas wouldn’t have his sights on Harper.
^^
the staff team luvs u
09-05-2022, 04:12 AM
Who knows what was the most appropriate punishment for Violet. For she enjoyed being able to say what she wanted without her aunt saying something against, and yet being ignored by all? Unfounded, and awful! How could they ignore her! She's family, she's blood, they can't just do that. So she puffed her little cheeks, especially when her mama demanded an apology, and obviously so, that was just not gonna happen.

"No!" Violet said with a stomp, turning her tail and fully committing to running off. Although with her little stubby legs.. Someone could probably catch her, but she wouldn't make it easy.

the staff team luvs u
09-07-2022, 07:44 PM
Dimitri tries to maintain composure as Violet has her outbreak, but his face falls as she runs. Softly, he murmurs, "Why can't she just be nice?" Couldn't she see if she could just act properly, everyone would love her? There are good features in there somewhere, he's sure. He doesn't want to think that his own sister is so depraved.

He picks his head back up and smiles morosely at Harper. "I can't wait," he says, though his words don't ring with the same joy as before. Why does Violet have to ruin everything?
the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
09-08-2022, 12:23 AM
Narcissa swept in as silent as evening's embrace, her fairy-light steps hardly making a sound as she approached. She stopped at last by her sister's side, small and inquisitive and pale gold in her splendor. She was truly one of the great beauties of her litter, if one were to take them at face value - and Violet would have been at least her equal if not for her foul attitude.

How proud she was of the way in which Cissa and Dimitri conducted themselves, all manners and politeness and social graces. Valeska worked diligently to entrust them with the skills and knowledge they would need to move forward successfully in life, and even Harper seemed mildly impressed with the way they -

“No!”

Her frown returned with a vengeance.

Violet.

The stubborn child resisted her lessons with a ferocity that could rival a savage bear, and she felt the muscles in her jaw stand out as she clenched her teeth together to stop herself from saying something not meant for small, unassuming ears. She breathed in - held it for a moment - and then exhaled, and as the High Priestess at last opened her mouth to make a loving reprimand, Violet shot out like a bullet.

“Violet Callosum, return at once!” she howled after her in a rage, sticking her head out from the den to better project across their vast territory. “You will not have dinner tonight with that attitude! So help me, I shall not stand for such horrible manners! The next time I see you, I expect a sincere apology! And so does your aunt!”

She growled under her breath and waited for several minutes until she was certain her wretched daughter had no intention of coming back, and with a frustrated sigh, returned inside Harper's den.

“I am so sorry for... her. I do not know what I have done wrong, but she tests even the patience of the gods. I will ensure she apologizes to you the next we meet; I cannot believe she said such awful things.”

Clearing her throat, she reached down to nuzzle her remaining two pups, giving them each a reassuring lick on the head.

“Dimitri, Narcissa; we must give your aunt space to rest soon. Would you like to say anything else?”

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top