Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
these are the late poems

P
Haldis
Formation
Adventurer
08-21-2022, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 08:27 PM by Guildenstern. Edited 1 time in total.)

guildenstern remained; eidolon & ruminative.
 if he should go, if he should stay: but every time he entertained the idea of serving another hubristic know-it-all mogul he sucked the air through his teeth as bile built in his throat. it may have been the life of rosencrantz, but it wouldn't be his anymore.
 arinbjorn, their cobblewalls — he had only remained as long as he could come and go as he pleased as long he contributed.
 it gave birth to a notion.
 so he called for @Sorina, ready to barter reimbursement for his help in the raid.

the staff team luvs u
Haldis
Formation
08-21-2022, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 08:11 PM by Sorina.)
Set some time after her thread with Rosen.

His breath was upon her neck, 

A distinct howl hailed her name. She did not want to answer. Not really. She wanted to stay in her Den and bust into flames. Her veins that were icy only grew to hot, icy fire at her minds dissent. Reeling over confliction. She hated him. Hated that he plagued her dreams.

Pain and pleasure rolled into one.

But she could not stop thinking about that night. And the day after had been worse. He had called her a whore and for what? Just to prove a point? Just to beat her? Why did it cut her so? When she had the final say, casting him out and making him bleed for it. She took in a steady, crisp breath. It calmed her, somewhat. She would force the perfect smile upon her face, wear that armour. Put on that crown and act like what he had said did not hurt. What they shared was simply a clash of ego and lust after a fight. It was nothing.

So, she rose. Rose quickly and moved swiftly to whomever summoned her.

And oh of course, it would be Guildenstern, as if she did not need another reminder of his Brother's absence. Sorina pushed up the bile that burned in her stomach. "Guildenstern," She greeted the Sell sword with a polite dip of her head. "I must thank you for coming to Haldis' aid during the attack. I apologise that I have not sought you out sooner." Its just that your bastard of a brother--

She fought back those words with a sigh and forced a smile, perfectly placed and warm upon her face. "I expect you require payment for your efforts?"

Men.

@Guildenstern

the staff team luvs u
[Image: dfeo71b-911a2cce-24b2-4a18-bbb4-e6a43b76...BhW7Iv8uLQ]
Erebus is allowed in any of Sorina’s threads.
Haldis
Formation
08-21-2022, 08:25 PM

"always." he was quick to cut to the chase, he wasn't daft, she wasn't daft, they could save the niceties stringed up by false airs and routine and cut a deal and the vagrant sellfang could be on his way.

"shelter and food from haldees, visitation for my brother" he began, taciturn as ever (and mispronouncing her enclave courtesy of rosencrantz) "if i should find myself here again. if he should remain."

the staff team luvs u
08-21-2022, 08:48 PM
She had always appreciated those that got straight to the point and of course, Rosencrantz' brother would be no exception. Much like his brother, he was stern and straight to the point. And of course, this would pull at a very open and tender wound upon the Queen's icy heart. And those eyes of hers frosted over at his mention. Her chin uplifted. "Haldis." She was quick to correct, interject at the mispronunciation. "Unfortunately, Rosencrantz no longer resides. He has been exiled." But oh, those words were sharp and shrill. Cold as the ice that flickered through her veins. 

Perhaps, she should deny access. Be done with them both so she would not have a reminder. She would cast him out of mind and memory and be done with it. But alas... Guildenstern had done no wrong, he had helped win their small victory and saved Haldis. Dark ears flickered. Now was not the time to make enemies and turn wolves away. "However, Haldis remains forever in your debt. So I shall permit you access to our food stores and shelter, if you ever pass by... and perhaps, may I call upon your services again?" She would need every wolf she could grab her paws on, if those raiders returned.

Though she could not help that those last words were spoken through clenched jaws.

@Guildenstern
the staff team luvs u
Haldis
Formation
08-21-2022, 09:21 PM

guildenstern snorted softly at his brother's denunciation. clearly rosencrantz didn't care enough to pronounce the name properly, her haldis didn't call his attention enough. the pallid thinks himself he would not be here by the time he returned, if ever. sorina quickly leapt to bolster his thoughts."why?"
 nevermind what she had to say, even if he could barely protrude the surface of the slit-saturated pool that was his brother, he knew of the suffering he'd caused himself due to the women who left him cold in his berth,
 annika, rhælla
 hearthacked only for the blunder of nothings he may have spilled over to slither back to his breast, ophidian; to coagulate into a harder carapace for every love lost.

women.

the staff team luvs u
08-21-2022, 11:45 PM
Of course he had to ask why. Dark brows furrowed over icy eyes. Is that not something that you should ask your brother? She did not particularly want it known exactly why… especially when she had told her wolves to kill him on sight, if he ever came back.

A sigh frothed from her flared nostrils. Grey tendrils whispered into the fridgid air After we slept together, he left straight away. I confronted him. He called me a whore. She was begging to clench her jaws that hard that her teeth hurt. So I told him that we will kill him on sight, if he ever came back to Haldis…

She just hoped that others would not take it literally. He is your brother. I understand if you do not wish to be affiliated any longer.

Whatever the outcome, she would make do.

Even if Blackfoot left, too.

@Guildenstern
the staff team luvs u
08-21-2022, 11:45 PM
Of course he had to ask why. Dark brows furrowed over icy eyes. Is that not something that you should ask your brother? She did not particularly want it known exactly why… especially when she had told her wolves to kill him on sight, if he ever came back.

A sigh frothed from her flared nostrils. Grey tendrils whispered into the fridgid air After we slept together, he left straight away. I confronted him. He called me a whore. She was begging to clench her jaws that hard that her teeth hurt. So I told him that we will kill him on sight, if he ever came back to Haldis…

She just hoped that others would not take it literally. He is your brother. I understand if you do not wish to be affiliated any longer.

Whatever the outcome, she would make do.

Even if Blackfoot left, too.

@Guildenstern
the staff team luvs u
08-27-2022, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2022, 08:00 PM by Guildenstern. Edited 3 times in total.)

the rhetorical. he was right to trust his gut.
  dispelling his brother, and having the nerve to make pointed remarks and not give the zwaardvechter a straight answer. it nearly astounded him how brilliantly egotistical bluebloods were, even as the son of åsmund.
  he had found who he was without birserkir, trekking through muskegs and alberta's oil sands; and it was those hiemal seasons who was bequeathed a confidence he wore like an albatross tied around his neck, and he wore it as his triumph.
  but what were those who were born promised things they did not build, wealth they didn't grasp, and taught because they happened to be another speck of dust in the design who was born to them, more?
  and that's how guildenstern saw sorina, nothing more.
  flesh, egotistical, and a whore.
  "i was right about you," he wisped, that trademark tundranian dutch-french lilt pendent. "do you think of yourself as gracious?" no one was was as noble as sorina, so lovely and hallowed for understanding that he wouldn't want business between his brother's markswoman.
  "rosencrantz will never die so easily to your sheep, he has already won over your waking days. you will be very disappointed when you find the world has no care for loveless tyrants."

the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 10:32 AM
Oh his expression was that of stone. It was a well chiselled, stern expression. But Sorina never used features to glean the emotion of another, no. The eyes held the secrets to the soul. Burning hot with hatred, or wide doe eyed with admiration, they would tell her what a well placed facade would not.

And yet his whisper also lay truth to the glare within his gaze. An entitled brat? Dare her lips curl up into a wicked smile. She had trier to be nice. To seem sorrowful, to try and keep whatever tender string he had for Haldis in tact. It was a front. A front to hide the sting of her bruised ego.

But she knew better than to buy a brother’s loyalty. What damage had been done, was already said. Regardless of whatever pitiful insult you may find, your brother had already beaten you to it. She was bored of it now. The insults. Sorina was not ashamed of who she was, she had worked too hard, forged herself from rock bottom, to allow others to take it away from her with simple insults.

rosencrantz will never die so easily to your sheep, he has already won over your waking days. you will be very disappointed when you find the world has no care for loveless tyrants."
A scoff rolled from her jaws. You are a fool to follow him so blindly. Haldis is no longer open to you. Return and you too shall share your brothers fate.

She would stand and watch. Expectant. She wanted to see him walk away, or explode in a ball of flames. Either way, she would end up on top. Her tail rose, ears pinned to her skull as a growl softly whispered through her threat.

This was her home.

She would not be disgraced. She would not be defiled. She would not stand for it any longer.

@Guildenstern
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
09-05-2022, 04:38 PM

guildenstern set his jaw.
 "you are no queen. your people will survive despite you."
 he didn't even agree with that statement, wholeheartedly. sorina was a herald who shoved down her sophistic doctrine down the through of who she shepherded, without even regard for them beyond congregating a flock. and they listened, so insistently, without questioning. they were all doomed.
  the zwaardvetcher would make sure of this.
 he turns and leaves, there not enough barbs in the world that will encapsule his anger. he checked over his shoulder far enough away if they had already begun the wild hunt.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top