Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
the light is blinding my eyes

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
Formation
08-10-2022, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 12:37 AM by Idalia. Edited 3 times in total.)
A pale maiden stood peacefully, although suddenly, in the middle of a field.

Idalia had her eyes shut and her head tilted back to face the heavens, the warm sun kissing her delicate features. The earth was soft beneath her toes as she moved them, her nimble paws cushioned by the bed of sweet scented flowers she found herself standing upon.

A deep breath was taken and then she opened up her eyes, lowering her head down slowly to curiously look about her new surroundings.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
Highvalley
08-10-2022, 08:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 12:18 PM by Cassian. Edited 1 time in total.)
Cassian had not seen the female wake up, nor had he any inkling that the King's sister hadn't been at the pack yet. He hadn't bothered realizing that he had never really traveled to this place. He had been right there at Percy's side, exploring the territory that was now theirs. Their sacred ground. The light grey male was working on finding a good spot where they could hold meetings, or where pure bloods could relax in peace without having to look at the disgusting faces and coloring of the lowbloods. They disgusted him.

His glacier blue eyes fell on the female up ahead. He was quick to notice this female was far from a low or half blood. He then realized that he hadn't seen his cousin yet. He strolled towards her. "Idalia," his deep voice spoke. The way Cassian carried himself was clear that he was filled with pride. The male shot her a dazzling charming smirk her way. "I'm here to feast your eyes," he told her. "Good to see you in Highvalley." His task of finding a good meeting spot, or even a lush home forgotten.
the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-11-2022, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 10:27 PM by Idalia. Edited 4 times in total.)
She looked around in quiet contemplation, her expression remaining neutral if not solemn. She felt the same as she always did, but simultaneously different. This place had the familiarity of home to it and by standing in the light of the sun she felt like she belonged here all along.

Idalia wasn’t alone here either, and nor would she have ever thought she would be. No, their ties were too strong for that. A deep voice behind her that she hadn’t heard for some time had her ears swiveling towards it to alert her of his approach, her head soon turning to greet him.

If she was surprised, her face didn’t show it. If she was confused, her demeanor didn’t reveal it. Instead those pale blue eyes of hers lit up brighter when they came to rest upon the proud Cassian, her crown briefly dipping down in a polite bow to say hello.

“Cassian.” She retorted, “Always a delight to see you.” The corners of her soft grey lips pulled up in an artful smirk of her own. Always a beguiler this one was, she remembered that much.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
08-11-2022, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 11:12 AM by Cassian. Edited 1 time in total.)
Honestly, the way her eyes lit up made the male beam with pride. He copied a courtesy to respond in polite, which he could if he wanted to. These were the moments he did want to. "I know," he responded. "As for you," he added. He stepped closer to her, since they were familiar. He hadn't seen her in awhile. The male did not seem to realize he had woken up in this place. It had just felt he had been here, it felt familiar. Cassian wasn't bothered by such things. He had more important things to worry about. 

Cassian carried his tall slender body with such grace as he moved. "Are you familiar with the territory? I could provide you a guided stroll," he offered to the lady. After all, to promenade and display themselves was very important in his opinion. Plus he wouldn't mind to be seen chatting and promenading with Idalia. After all it made sense, where she was the King's sister he was the Queen's brother.
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-11-2022, 03:13 PM
Well, it seemed a good enough time as any to explore the grounds.

As he walked slowly through the foliage, savoring the sensation of tall grasses tickling his limbs, he made a small gasp as he spotted a cluster of rosemary up ahead. With unusual vigor, he trotted excitedly forward to inspect - then stumbled, nearly collapsing onto the soft earth as he caught himself. He cursed under his breath.

Even here - wherever this was, reborn, reincarnated, or perhaps just simply relocated - he still could not move with the grace he so desired.

Righting himself, he collected a few sprigs of the herb within his alabaster maw, breathing in its scent and closing his eyes to better enjoy the aromatics.

Beautiful.

The sound of nearby voices drew his attention, then, and he could make out two pale figures conversing nearby; carefully, slowly, so as not to stumble a second time, he made his way closer, greeting the pair with a customary bow.

“Good afternoon,” he said by way of introduction, placing the rosemary at his paws, “Would it be amiss to join?”

the staff team luvs u
08-12-2022, 10:17 PM (This post was last modified: 08-12-2022, 10:28 PM by Idalia. Edited 1 time in total.)
Idalia let her feminine gaze linger upon Cassian, soaking up his prideful aura as he stepped closer to her. She did not shy away from him, instead she leaned towards the marbled male and nuzzled her pale nose beneath his strong jaw.

“Would you be so kind as to show me around Cassian? It would be a pleasure to walk these grounds with you.” She fluttered her lashes at him with a dainty smile before strolling a few paces ahead with a leisurely sway to her step, walking past him eager to begin exploring.

“I am not very acquainted with this place yet – a shame, no? I’d love to see all of the beautiful places that you can take me.” She murmured, looking back in wait at her cousin. 

Then, as they spoke, another unexpectedly joined their company. The smell of the savory herb he was carrying in his maw was the first thing that she had noticed even before she knew that he was there with them. Even though it was a surprise, Idalia was delighted to see yet another soul of such beauty and purity as he greeted them, having snuck up on them by his way of careful footsteps. 

It brought the Highborn she-wolf a sort of peaceful serenity to be surrounded by ones of such highblood. It was their way. Altogether she nearly forgot about the heavenly fall here – albeit it was a soft one with no pain whatsoever, a delivery from the Goddess Aeris Herself. 

“Please do join us! That would be splendid wouldn’t it be Cassian?” She hummed, looking back and forth between the two with anticipation. “I was just about to be taken on a little stroll here through the territory.”

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Counsellor
08-13-2022, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 11:12 AM by Cassian. Edited 1 time in total.)
Cassian quirked up the corners of his mouth as the female responded to his beauty and charm. He always held himself in such regard. "Naturally." She was in the right paws with him. Cassian loved to explore and loved to show the beauty of nature. Of course, he was the finest piece of nature there were parts of the landscape and their home territory that should be admired as well. Perhaps even the lady too. Her markings always reminded him of a clear night sky with the brightest stars displaying their beauty. He knew they prayed to the goddess of light, but he couldn't help but feel that those stars were part of Aeris. A gift to give them hope when the darkness reigned. "I have a thing for beauty," he spoke in a suggestive tone, which could be a light flirt towards the lady. 

He started to lead the way for a private stroll with the lady, however, it didn't stay private for long. Gwenaël. Cassian took a glance at the male that disrupted their walk. The klutz. Cassian dipped his head politely nevertheless. "Gwenaël." The male greeted. "Yes, it would be splendid if you join us," he commented. Perhaps he would become a source of entertainment. "Follow me, Lady Idalia and Sir Gwenaël," he spoke, making his way up the incline as he wanted to show them one of the many spectacular views. From there he could reference certain points.
the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-13-2022, 04:26 PM
There was absolutely nothing in his tone to betray Cassian's thoughts, nor did his carefully-guarded expression waver for even a moment. In all things, just as a Highblood should be, he remained perfectly polite and impassive.

But Gwenaël remembered. He remembered very well how the 'gentleman' had laughed and laughed and laughed when they were children, every time he would fall on clumsy, unyielding paws that disobeyed him no matter how his eyes stung with tears. Cassian had grown into a fine young wolf since then, the very picture of good manners, but he would never forget their beginnings.

He would have frowned, but that would be unseemly. Instead, he chose to smile, burying the memory deep for the sake of a pleasant conversation and a means to glean any information about this strange predicament they found themselves in, waking up to a new world and a new claim.

With precise, calculated movements, he painstakingly lifted one paw after the other to follow Cassian, finding himself now walking next to Idalia as they ascended.

“It is lovely here,” he began, casting a glance around the valley. “There is so much bounty in the herbs and berries around us; I even happened upon a blueberry bush, which makes me hopeful for blackberries to appear. They were such a rarity in our old home - but so sloppy! I remember how stained I was as a child with their juices, and oh, the tongue-lashings I received for it. Mother had a difficult time keeping me from them.”

Smiling good-naturedly, he was pleased at how well he was doing so far. His limbs were obeying him today, and he strode up the incline with more confidence as they progressed.

“Lady Idalia, Sir Cassian - who else has arrived with us? I have met with Percival, and Manon.”

the staff team luvs u
08-14-2022, 02:57 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2022, 03:07 AM by Idalia. Edited 1 time in total.)
Idalia began to follow Cassian with light footsteps, coming to walk side by side with Gwenaël as they were taken up a steep incline to get to higher ground. She knew that these two did not have the greatest relationship at the start, remembering the relentless teasing that Sir Gwen endured about his condition when they were children. But today his paws appeared to be steady. She knew not of the concentration that it took him to uphold that image, casting a sideways glance at the he-wolf ambling beside her to ensure that he was quite alright with the terrain. 

She never liked how the other’s always laughed at Gwen when he stumbled – as Highblood’s it was wrong to let those emotions show towards their own kin. But alas they had been young back then, just learning the proper ways of being holy royalty. 

“It is beautiful here.” She mused, “And all of it is ours?” Her voice raised in question to Cassian as the three reached a viewpoint overlooking the valley. The fair maiden admired the bountiful wildflowers growing below as Gwenaël passionately spoke about the local flora, her angled ears perking in interest when he mentioned blackberries. They were always an all time favourite of hers. They were a rarity indeed, and one she enjoyed in private. She would have to have them fetched for her. 

Standing tall and overlooking this new paradise, Idalia appreciated the knowledge that her fine company had thus far. One being a connoisseur in the layout of the landscape and one with a sharp eye for the finer details in what it had to offer them all. Knowledge was of the utmost importance. 

“My brother? You’ve seen him?” She asked a little too fervently, a small part of her having been worried that he might not be here. But of course The Wolvenking was, her qualms vanquished.

“Cassian have you seen any of the others?”

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Counsellor
08-14-2022, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 11:13 AM by Cassian. Edited 1 time in total.)
Cassian took the lead guiding them to the higher grounds and better views especially on this clear afternoon sky. It was light blue in color, a warmer blue compared to Cassian's icy glacier eyes. The two seemed to stroll together now, whereas he was guiding them like some steward. Cassian couldn't help but feel a little annoyed. When Gwen was talking he was only half listening as he went on about plants. Cassian cleared his throat. "It is lovely," he said in agreement with the other two, looking over his shoulder being his utterly charming self. "And yes, this whole valley is ours." 

They reached the view point, looking out for miles over sun kissed meadows. That was all the good work of their god Aeris. They should worship and be grateful for it. "Your brother is here, setting everything in motion and making himself ready for his wedding," he informed Idalia. "He is well." Cassian had grown close with Percival when growing up. Both regarded the other as a brother. Cassian lifted his muzzle a little. "As for who is also there, is my lovely sister Lunafreya. She is our queen," he told them, liking to remind them. 

"I've seen Manon as well, with a new member of our high borns, a lady called Exalted. Arwyn is here too." Cassian explained. Then his face darkened a little. "That terrible pet of Percival is here too. His little slave. Not sure what the brute is called, not that it matters,' she stated coolly. Cassian then shot his eyes out over the magnificent view. "It is only natural that such beauty is our home."
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top