Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
look at you baby,

Group Only
Misc Skill
08-10-2022, 02:57 AM
Now that was someone that wasn't family. She held an appearance that felt similar to her own family, and yet not exactly. Maybe it was her prominent roman snout, but she was snow-kissed in every way. There was no other color upon her frigid form, and how if they were a male, any would swoon, "my lady," but Manon would, "you are quite beautiful, I must say. Surely the High King could use another wife! Ah, after you rise the ranks of course."

"Ah, or perhaps another of my cousins would suit. But i'm afraid I yet to know who else is here." A blabber mouth per' usual, but Manon was all so happy to see more within the mountains. Especially one so blessed and pure, though stuck as a lowly lowblood.. But she was sure her wonderful cousins would enjoy this lady.

@Exalted

the staff team luvs u
08-10-2022, 03:16 AM
 Blessed were all the wolves who roamed here, in their cloaks of white and showing their gods' adoration. Another showed up, one she had yet to meet properly. Her travels through the lands of the dead had taken a lot out of her and she had been resting. After all, if she wanted to properly perform her duties then she would need plenty of rest, no? "You flatter me, madame. I'm sure you are quite favored, yourself, with a coat so lovely." The words fell easily from her pallid lips as she turned to the smaller woman. Dainty, that's what the women here were like, all dainty flowers. Unlike herself. She knew that she could easily fell any one of them... but she would never dare for they were blessed by Death. And she was sent here to aid them, not harm. Plus, how could she harm such a pure one?

"And where, I wonder, does a warrioress rank here?" Truly, she was curious, as to where one who defended their homelands stood and where she would need to go to rise among the ranks. For she was always ambitious. "Is polygamy common among the Highvallians?" Another important question for where she'd come from they were all allowed to bed whoever the pleased... with permission from the Divine Mother, of course, and only those with proper coats.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
08-10-2022, 03:27 AM
"You flatter me, but you are unmatched! A coat that shines like the snow-peaks, so blessed by the Gods, who could deny your holiness?" Although she may not be the gracefulness of that of her adopted kin, but her prowess was to adore and to drool for. Beef-cakes were so touched, that she wondered whether if any of her cousins has a fondness of that tendencies.. Knowing quite well all have their secret fetish's, and Manon was very much into finding that out ; for funsies.

"You'd have to ask my High King! Although he cannot take more wives, a true shame. Once married, eternal ; but whose to say that to conjoin one's soul and heart, is to be married?" A wink, a twitch of her ears, a shameless hinting that she can go all-the way with fucking around if she so chose. Although would he accept the woman?

Maybe not.

But she thinks they'd be interesting to see together.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-10-2022, 03:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 01:06 AM by Exalted. Edited 1 time in total.)
 Oh ho ho, such honeyed words! They were working so well... The former Divine Mother smiled, clearly pleased to be doted upon verbally so. Clearly, she was blessed down to her very core. Her parents had known it upon birth and all those that crossed her path knew it too when they saw her. "None... Not even Death Itself... Perhaps that was why I was brought back, hm?" For who else was blessed in such pure colors? The whiteness that bespoke of every ounce of holiness in her body.

"Ah, then that is where your culture differs from mine own. Unions were for pleasure and to bring forth children pure of coat, ready to be born into Its holy light." Different but oh so similar. So much so that she was pointed in this direction. "There is much for me to learn here. A whole culture that I am tasked with merging into... but I am up to the task." Marriage, the whole concept, it was a strange thing to her but one that was... interesting. She smirked at the other she-wolf, finding herself amused by her antics and taking a liking to her. "One could say that conjoining one's body does not signify marriage either..." A wink, a tease, and the stocky albino lady started walking away.

But then, she threw a look back and said, "Will you join me? I am taken by the beauty of this land and wish to see more. I have been resting for quite a while unable to thoroughly explore."

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-10-2022, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 04:46 AM by Cassian. Edited 1 time in total.)
Cassian had made his way through the territory. He wanted to get as familiar with the new lands. His eyes observing the area around him, and his ears listening to the sounds that came with each step. It was as he walked that he heard the voices of two ladies. He slowly moved in closer, step by step without a sound. The slippery male inched his way closer. 

"You'd have to ask my High King! Although he cannot take more wives, a true shame."

"Ah, then that is where your culture differs from mine own. Unions were for pleasure and to bring forth children pure of coat, ready to be born into Its holy light." 

"One could say that conjoining one's body does not signify marriage either..."

Cassian snickered to himself. He had to admit that he rather liked the vision of unions of pleasure instead of one for eternal marriage. He felt that his genes were far to superior to only have one wife bring children of his into the world. Cassian felt that he deserved multiple women he would bless with his seed. He smirked at the thought. The male was curious to these ladies now. He moved in closer, not keeping his location a secret. "Ladies," he greeted charmingly. "What an interesting conversation you two are having," the bachelor commented, no qualms with flustering the ladies, if that would be their reaction. At least he knew more about their vision on marriage, and interested him a great deal to have them reveal more about this pleasure he could give them.
the staff team luvs u
08-11-2022, 12:04 AM
"My, I would love to!" They could talk of bore of the high-class and all that was with religion, but Manon didn't care too much to the stronger principles, despite preaching how blessed the heavens have enchanted them so. All but a cover view of sing-alongs and joys to bring, and the bore that came with the proper lessons and wisdoms that came ; that was for another Priest to view such signs, but not for Manon, a woman just to be brought in to dilute a bit of the highly, incested bloodline. But alas, she was not meant to be as a Halfkin with a bit of scorn to the making ;

aware and not aware, but does it matter so? Enjoy life as it was, "My dearest cousin Cassian! Interesting you say? Ah, surely you must be enchanted as well of all the new blood that comes to be, but alas! Surely our cousins have your pretty throat, just waiting to kiss your feet." Was it not the truth? A highly sought out bachelor, yet to take his bride.

Although his more blue-ish hues may not suit Exalted, hmm.. She wondered who tickled his fancy the most at the moment.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-11-2022, 02:00 AM
 "Lovely." The large woman purred in her silky tones as she began to lead them away. Until she heard the arrival of someone else. The woman turned her head, seeing the pale coat of another of their fellows. He was blessed as well, though smaller than she was but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing. She remembered a certain skinny wolf that she had been quite fond of... no matter how irritating he ultimately could be. I hope you mean 'intersting' in a good sense and not the bad?" She said with a chuckle. At least the males here seemed to have proper manners.

"Cassian, a pleasure to meet you." She committed the name to memory as well as the rather pleasant face. My, every single wolf here seemed to be quite fetching. It really was a paradise. "My name is Exalted." Said as much for Cassian's knowledge as the she-wolf's. Speaking of, "I don't think I ever actually received your name, my dear." Said to the lovely pale woman. She would lead them on, walking and sniffing as she went to get a lay of the land. Committing what she could to memory while she listened to the wolves with her and partook in the pleasant conversation.

the staff team luvs u
Highvalley
08-11-2022, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 12:17 PM by Cassian. Edited 1 time in total.)
The first thing he noticed was that one of the ladies was large far stockier and heavier build than he was used to. His blue eyes gazed over her with a curious hint in them. He then dipped his head at his cousin. "Manon," a surprisingly warm tone rolled off his tongue. "Very much enchanted. I didn't know we had... new blood joining," he spoke to his cousin. The man did seem to preen a little from her compliments. Those always worked well on Cassian.

The male turned to the female who introduced herself. His eyes fell on the larger K9's. It was very unusual to him. The strangeness of it charmed him. He was curious, to say the least. "Exalted, welcome," he greeted. He did question the lady's high blood. If he didn't know someone of the highvallians it was a little of a red flag. "No, not at all. Actually, you got me quite curious about your... previous way of living," he spoke. He had noticed that they were ready to go. "Do not let me stop you ladies. Unless I might join on your...  stroll?," that last bit was a guess. He had not completely overheard what they were going to do.
the staff team luvs u
08-20-2022, 06:27 PM
"As he said, I am Manon AuClair — related and unrelated to all the Highvallians. Ah, better to say I am adopted in? But the only family I ever known, and ever will." Manon, was often someone who perhaps gave too much information about herself. Although it was a subject of wonder, she knew her place ; as did many, but wasn't too shy from it and the minor.. How to say, looks over it? But they were her cousins full-and-full, and what else in life is the enjoyment of them? Entertainment was peak.

"Of course Cassian, surely to enlight our newest blood, and likewise know of others cultures of this land! Ah, the smells around, both rancid and pleasant," Manon said, laughing lightly with a 'ohoho,' with the factor that though they claimed a mountain, there was quite a few around them.. A variety of smells drifting, and she both find it fascinating, yet slightly pungent. The smell of sea-salt was especially strong, by any who came from the coast-land.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top