Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Bed of Roses

Sunrise Partly Cloudy
P
Adventurer
08-09-2022, 05:42 AM

The last she could remember was laying down for a nap in a bed of plush furs brought to her by a lover whose face and name she had long forgotten. The warmth remained even as the new air filled her pale nostrils as she slumbered, washing over her from above and below as though swaddled in a gentle embrace.

Stretching out to soak in the warmth and comfort from above and below, slender limbs reaching out to the ground below and tousling what felt like petals from a flower. Velvet under satin paws as she brushed them with a slow movement. A sleepy groan sighed through rose coloured lips as darkened lashes fluttered while the morning light tickled her vision behind closed lids. Beckoning her to wake and see the new world she found herself in.

A little while longer —

She thought to herself, letting the gentle breeze above sway the hairs that reached toward the clouds that hung above. Quite like her for any who knew the sleepy rose from a life prior to this. Spending most of her days lounging and napping, what she would call her beauty rest to keep herself from aging too quickly. For who wouldn't want to stay young and beautiful forever?

the staff team luvs u
[Image: dfbhuqz-787682ac-92e7-4bb4-9e74-4a92535e...E7uHiKSsOg]
Adventurer
Formation
08-09-2022, 02:36 PM

Percival had jumped downward from the ledge of the mountains, the last one to get level with the beauty of the valley. The mountain scourging was incredibly valuable exercise that he cherished for his challenging time in order to stake Highvalley's claim. 

And it just downright frustrated him to see Arwyn lounging about— his head whipped around. Arwyn. She had been here too? Percival's gait picked up; not to a sprint, heavens no, he wouldn't want to hurt himself, but a trot that carried him much faster to her lounging state. His eyes narrowed at her alabaster coating, checking to make sure that he hadn't lost his mind entirely, and he was right. It was her. 

"By Aeris, Arwyn." Percival would speak in his typical gentle, softspoken tone as he approached her. "Still napping, are we?" His lips would curve upward with a light smile, happy to be blessed by her presence. Highvalley lives on in this hollow it appeared.

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2022, 03:09 PM
She could lay here all day in the perfumed bed she found herself in. The velvet petals were soft against her skin and cheek. It was perfect for one such as herself. What rose her from the light slumber was a familiar voice, one that easily had a name to it. Percival. She cooed with satin vocals while turning on her bed of blush white roses, magenta eyes fluttering open to peer at the elvish man who approached.

It's always a good time for a little beauty sleep, my dear cousin. With her cheek against the roses she lay upon, looking up at him with a welcoming eye and smile. You should join me sometime if you find yourself unpreoccupied. She was shameless. It was clear she had eyes for Percival and all other men who shared their blue blood. Only the best, for the best as she would put it.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-10-2022, 12:09 AM

Percival let out a soft chuckle, hoarse with the pressure from this past week. He shook his head lightly at her request. "There is no time for rest when there is so much to be done, dear Arwyn." The Wolvenking was referring to the growing number of them.

He cleared his throat after a moment. "Lunafreya and I..." the combination of their names still felt foreign, "have decided that it is time we open our home." Percival took a sharp inhale in, waiting for the boisterous comments. "I know...I know. But we must if you wish to continue to lounge all day." 

Her invitation to join didn't strike him as odd our forward— it was simply Arwyn. She always played like this, but Percival had been spoken for the day he was born. "The day that I'm not preoccupied is the day that I see you start marking the Valley with Highvallian scent." He was playful, but also turn solemn as he raised his brows inquisitively. 

"Don't want one of those lowborns wandering into your nest in the middle of the night, do you?"

the staff team luvs u
08-10-2022, 01:59 AM (This post was last modified: 08-10-2022, 03:11 AM by Arwyn. Edited 2 times in total.)
Lunafreya and he, she mocked internally. Why would the half-blind Luna be the one to be betrothed to the king to be when she, Arwyn, was far paler and more beautiful than she! Well. Even if they were married, that wouldn't stop Arwyn from trying to bed her distant cousin. Until the day she was married to a man worthy of her, Arwyn wouldn't cease her attempts. Even then... there were no promises they would stop.

But can't we? She continued, rolling onto her side and lifting her front half up off the bed of roses to gaze at the king of wolves with pale violets. The lowbloods would be more than happy to patrol and hunt. After all, you are far too benevolent already by letting them live in the valley with us. Why in the world would she have to do anything! She would even argue that Percival and Lunafreya should be doing even less than Arwyn considering the crows over their heads! It was outrageous! But she wouldn't, couldn't express such distaste verbally. Not here. Not in front of her dear ol' cousin.

My liege! She squealed playfully in return, but also... a true disgust lingered just at the tip of her tongue. How barbaric to think I would do such a thing. She was a lady! To think she would do more than mark her grounds by laying in them was atrocious! If they're so bold to do so, I'm certain @Callanwolde would be seeing them. As much as she detested the man, he had his uses. For that, she tolerated him around. At least he could dispatch of the perverts who would try to infiltrate her sheets as she slumbered uninvited.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-10-2022, 02:41 AM

"We cannot, dearest. Even if I am too kind, I must ensure your protection, along with the others." He knew that sentence would satisfy her. Even if it were only going to be a short time, he'd take what he would get from Arwyn. 

Percival shrugged his shoulders, but decided it would be just the two of them in the fields, and took a spot laying beside her. He lay on his stomach, head still perched upright, less than a tail-length away from her face. Such a close distance, but Percival knew his boundaries. "I wouldn't mind a leisure nap." Their bodies had been touching at this point, but Percival didn't lean his head any closer. His ears were tapered against his head, watching the surroundings for others. This would be how they staked their claim— lingering scents of their bodies entangled.

"He would, without a doubt." Callanwolde's abilities would not be doubted by the King. He had no reason to. For Arwyn to speak otherwise would put a sour taste in his mouth.

the staff team luvs u
08-10-2022, 03:27 AM
Before replying the little woman hummed and ha-ed at his comment. He had her beat there. The right wording could easily defeat the lady of thorns should they pander to her ego just right. I suppose you are correct. She sighed, lazily shrugging her shoulders in response. Maybe just to appease the wolven king of Highvalley she would take a little stroll later and rub shoulders with boulders and trees to mark them here and there. However, she would not promise for how long... or how much effort would be made this day.

Oh, how lucky he was that she loved him so. To do such things for the king and his... ugh, wife.

The wretched thought of Percival marrying anyone but her had quickly cast itself off as he took her invitation for a brief lounging. Laying down alongside her, she lit up in ways that didn't come often considering not many would take up an offer - and even less were given the opportunity to. That's the spirit my lord. She chirped, letting her crown fall back down onto the velvet petals she woke up in. Oh how she loved their perfume and now the lingering scent of Percival! She would treasure it for its presence would surely be short-lived after he leaves.

They were so close she could almost feel the warmth radiating off of him.

Relax Sir Percival, you're still far too wound. She spoke softly, attempting to lull him into lowering his guard. They were cousins after all. He didn't need to seem so stoic and afraid to be seen. With his comment on the brute guarding the bluebloods, she smiled at him from her pillow. Rolling over just enough to gaze up at him from below his chin. See? There is nothing to fret for now. Enjoy your new kingdom before it gets too busy.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
08-11-2022, 03:54 AM
Arwyn had chirped a sly comment lightly from the bed of petals. He paid no mind to it, still sitting upright against the ground. She rolled closer to them, imagining that their elbows were touching one another, and she looked up to him. He looked back at her.

It was not often that he had moments like these. Arwyn was right in saying that the traffic in the Valley continued to grow— more issues needed his attention than previously. The gates of their domain were left open for wandering strangers, but it was unclear for how long it could continue like this. 

Percival took the moment for his own, selflisselfishly lowered his head onto Arwyn's white neck of fur. "Happier now, I assume?" He would utter, his throat vibrating against hers. It was here that he would begin to close his eyes— their bodies against one another plenty enough to let outsiders know that this was their claim.

end here after your post :o?

the staff team luvs u
08-11-2022, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2022, 03:49 PM by Arwyn.)
Smiling as he rested against her, feeling the vibrations of his vocals on her neck as he spoke, the young lady sighed happily in response. Much. Swiftly not long after, she too drifted off to sleep. Dreams taking the form of what it would be like as Percival's wife with his warmth against her - not as Queen, it wasn't the throne she wished take and envied Lunafraya for.

End!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top