Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
IDGAF

Afternoon
P
08-05-2022, 08:08 PM
^^

@Vendrussel oh boy

Prior to the attack, the feline hadn't been particularly social unless it were creatures she deemed worthy enough but even with that category she had been withdrawn. Her pride had taken a fairly large hit, as large as the gash that had decorated her previously un-touched side. Not only that but she still could not understand why she had taken the hit for Ghost, the extent of her understanding of emotions was short and she had no desire to figure them out, not when she was not perhaps ready to face the reality of it.

Not only that, Olympia felt weak. She felt weak due to how she had threw her own wellness away in favour of Ghost (he was hers, okay, that's all that she knew and that's as far as she allowed herself to delve) and how something so disgustingly ugly and horrid as a boar was able to hurt her, let alone breathe the same air as her! The addition of the new child to the Isle had been something else that stirred her fury, because it meant her dragon would focus on that, instead, and Olympia was all over the place with her rage, hurt pride and aching side.

It was still healing though no longer did it weep with blood, healing nicely one might say but the girl favoured the side nonetheless. A stupid continuous reminder of that particular day. Really, she didn't care about what had happened after. She didn't care who had been hurt, killed or taken by the boars because they were not her and why would she care if they were not? Olympia snarled as she cast an angry, sharp paw through the sand and watched as it sailed through the air.

Her nostrils flared with her displeasure. ^^

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
08-30-2022, 06:11 PM
Belial though a victim, was not the only one. Dragonford had been attacked firstly, as the boars aimed for the younger, a child of wolf, and the tigress who never fought. She was a fire, tongue against all and a fearsome one to any, and Vendrussel feared highly of the future she would bring. Not many would mess with a tigress, but many who hold a grudge that would come back to haunt, especially as she thought of the newfound scars Kuhn and had, that indicated everything an attack had happened. At the very least, she listened to the dragoness on occasion.

Noises of anger were heard in the distance, and Vendrussel approached to see Olympia on edge, a scowl as she attacked the sand, and she rolled up to her side. A moments of silence before, "how are you feeling?" although she tried, by no means was she someone who was good at words. She had caused anger to some, scorning where they drove off to enemies.. But all she could do was be there, and listen to the young tigress.

the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 07:21 PM
^^

The water and sand went flying and it felt no good to Olympia, it wasn't those ghastly boars and it wasn't that annoying child so really, what was the point? She seethed as she glared at the water, only to hear the sound of someones approach and her nose told her all she needed to know before the voice sounded out: Vendrussel.

How was she doing?

How was she doing?

Was she having a laugh?

She scoffed as she stared at Vendrussel, her ghostly gaze simmering with embers.
"Oh," she started, "how am I doing?" Olympia sung back as she peeled her lips over her teeth to show exactly how displeased she was. "Just fine, I think you'll find. It isn't as if I was bullied by horrific creatures who shouldn't be allowed to breathe the same air as I but what do you know? I bloody well pushed someone out of the way of their attack and let myself get impaled!" Olympia decided she was on one, her displeasure coming out in quick, sharp words.

"Me! It's ridiculous," the feline looked bewildered, "and to top it off, I am not longer so little and young that another has come and taken my place!" A look of absolute disgust sat on her feminine features as she huffed and she puffed, "it is all very ridiculous and I think I'll ask you to not ask how I am doing any more." She sniffed, jutting her chin out as she turned her gaze back to the sea before her.

"I am surprised you even thought to ask, given how interesting the little bugger is," Vendrussel had always been a sore spot for the feline, having latched onto her when she woke on these shores and very little had gotten in the way. She was feeling particularly slighted, a bruised ego, confusing emotions and with a new little contender, it was all just too much for the possessive feline to bear. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-04-2022, 07:34 PM
She had grown, but not her personality. Still a terrible terror as ever, but the tigress easily now toppled her in size. She was not to the giantess that was Kuhn, but Vendrussel could see her eventually being near that way. At the point now there was not a way to easily subdue her, much less try and soothe the devil itself, especially not when she was like this. But she knew that was on her own fault, she hadn't really paid attention to the growth of her and the aftermath, while trying to deal with the war and the boars altogether.

"They're all dead," the dragoness said, "even the one that got you. You did a good thing, to protect those you care for, yeah?" She tried to offer a smile, she couldn't really understand why she was so slighted to be the one impaled compared to the other. That was what Belial did to her — but instead he.. Did not live like Olympia, and was now in the depth of the ocean. But she was proud how the other was, "at least, i'm proud of you." It was awkward to say when she had to look up at the adopted not-so-cub anymore, and smiled at her.

"You know that no one could replace you. She already has family — thats not me, that's Valtyr." At least, that was who she thought the tigress was referring to. If not Rosal, now named Mirche, who else would it be? But that child was not someone that Vendrussel could fully adopt in, not like Ghost or Olympia, for she already had a brother, and that brother was doing a fine job as he was, despite so young as well.

"You're important to me."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top