Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Oh,

Afternoon Overcast
P
Adventurer
07-31-2022, 06:28 PM
Aries knew of @Rin, @Olive, and @Kuhn, as well as the small bundle that hid deep within the vale. She had yet to formally meet @Genghis, or even.. @Tiberius, for the days were short and her arrival had not been long ; throwing herself within the love of midwife and replacement medic for the meanwhile as the one known within the Frostfang, was currently on the bedrest with young. But now time had passed, peace remained and blessed the tundra with such an adoration, and she found more time, and peace, to formally announce herself.

A man dressed in blacks, much unlike the snow of the tundra and the opposite of what looked to be an arctic wolf itself ; it was strange to find such a darkling within it's midst that she wondered what story was spun between the two sides of the moonlit vale. For the pack was not around that long, places that were undiscovered and much to be claimed — be far more sturdy then what seemed to be a fresh one. Were they newly claimed only months before her arrival? Much to know, much she wondered when to ask.

Aries saw him within the distance, finely tuned in scars that he was and diligent within his duty as Chief, and as a father. The hare approached, smiling lightly as a paw was upon her chest and bowed lightly within the winterglade politeness, "Hello Tiberius, I haven't formally introduced myself and I apologize for that.. I am Aries."

the staff team luvs u
08-03-2022, 06:20 PM
^^

He had yet to meet the woman that fell from the sky and that Olive welcomed into their home, perhaps falling short in that regard but Olive had been so heavily pregnant that Tiberius had found himself heavily invested in other duties. He had of course seen her when Olive had given birth, the grey and white woman coming to aid the birth in whatever way she could yet once more the titan had been more focused on other things.

Today it seemed the girl would seek to rectify that herself. She came to him, willowy form stopping not too far from him as she smiled, the image of propriety with the paw to her chest and bow in her stance. He shifted, uncertain how he felt about being bowed to -- no matter how small it was. "Aye," he nodded, "I know of yer, girl, don't yer worry. It ain't yer job ta make sure I's meet yer," he shook his head with a small smirk on his torn lips. "Is m'duty as Chief, alrigh'? No apology needed an' I apologise I ain't come ta meet yer yet."

He had been busy, okay. He still felt bad. "'eard yer fell from tha sky," he commented casually, a silvery brow quirked. ^^

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-03-2022, 07:11 PM
He held an accent, that though she knew from helping within the den of Olive and Tiberius, didn't have frontal of facing it forth until now. English, was not her first language ; and in-fact could be said was her third. Her mother-tongue was within blessed of French, the hangings off a noble sorts of a fallen kingdom that she wasn't even sure if her sister, long missing, even knew. Raised within a finnish-lore, her tongue mainly held of so. Since it was her third.. Trying to figure out his accent, was more difficult then she thought.

Aries felt guilty of that fact, as she smiled idly and within her mind puzzling the pieces together from an accented english, but couldn't help but wonder where it was from? He was overall a nice fellow and understood his words of business and apologies, but at least knew of her, thankfully so, and well enough to know of his last bits. Ah.. Maybe it's take a bit to adjust, but the hare believes she can understand enough to converse politely.

She nodded, "yes.. I originally came from somewhere else, but I remember falling into an opening of the ground, but found myself falling from the sky.." Even if he asked, she didn't have an answer.

the staff team luvs u
09-03-2022, 12:36 PM
^^

He was under no illusion, he knew that he could be hard to understand and particularly so to those who held an accent themselves, one born from a different language. Maybe he ought to try talking slower... he almost grimaced. He didn't really talk fast to begin with, did he? The titan eyed her, so was similarly coloured to Olive only with far more grey than Olive's subtle touches. Tall, too, where Olive was the opposite end of the spectrum.

Tiberius tuned back in to hear her answer and he cocked his head to the side with a small look of contemplation. It made sense in the fact that it didn't, as no ones arrival here seemed to be... normal. The titan shrugged, "shit 'ere is weird, darlin'. Yer best bet is ta not think 'bout it too 'ard," he advised, "easier said than done, innit." He knew it was something that fogged peoples brains, his still sometimes thought 'how...' when it came to how he had appeared here but most of the time the Chief pushed it into the back of his mind.

"Yer settlin' in alrigh'?" He rumbled, wondering how she was finding Duskguard and the Tundra. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-08-2022, 01:20 AM
"That is true, and yet it's always a wonder what fate does to us." A point to not think about the oddities, but it was hard not to withdraw completely from these thoughts ; for the realm of this primordial land, what would draw all to here? A fate of sorts, a calling, or was it all by the whim of something else altogether? Such mysterious to unfold, a curious heart of wonders and not within a fear, but utter curiosity.

"The tundra is not unfamiliar, nor' it's forests. Though the landscape has changed, the origins will always remain. I am settling finely, and by the grace of yourself and Olive, safely within the vale." She dipped her head in gratitude, for surely Aries would be lost if she did not find her way somewhere safely. To wonder endlessly within this Tundra.. She knew not to survive without others, for all her life the hare had spent within groups, courts and packs.. She was endlessly thankful the same fate brought her here.

the staff team luvs u
09-09-2022, 02:19 AM
^^

He knew that well enough. He hadn't seen what life had given him coming though he wasn't sure he believed it was fate.

Maybe it was. Maybe in the end, he was always meant to be here. Meant to find Olive. She held him in the palm of her hand so easily, so warmly and yet never had she done anything with his damaged, ripped, shredded heart that would make him wonder on the purity of her declaration of love. If she was his fate, then he would say yes -- yes, he believed it.

If only for her.

His mind whispered someone else, too.

She spoke again and he was brought back to reality, mangled ears twisting to her accented tongue. She was used to the tundra, then, or some form of it. He nodded, accepting her information though still did his molten gaze watch her curiously. "Good," he rumbled, "tha tundra... it ain't forgivin'. Ain't easy. Even wit' tha forgiveness o'grass an' trees." Not everyone could make it out here yet she was, she was settling.

The titan hoped he would see her thrive, too.

"Whaddya want, Aries? Yer 'ere, wit' us. Callin' tha Vale 'ome. I wanna know wha' yer want from it," he rumbled, wondering if she knew. If she didn't, that was fine. He didn't have everything figured out, either. Yet... he couldn't resist asking. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-09-2022, 10:27 PM
A difficult expression, a strained smile was given.. She wasn't sure how to respond in truth, she didn't have any.. Wants, never had in a way. When presented with the option of marriage to strengthen her hold in Winterglade for not only herself, but her sister ; Aries was more then willing to be engaged to a man she has never met, not until the wedding day she never saw. Preparation and finales to conclude all that was needed, and then she fell, and fell.. Until she came in Duskguard.

"I am not sure," she finally said answering, "I have never been more then just a pack-wolf."

the staff team luvs u
09-09-2022, 10:48 PM
^^

She was silent. Likely in thought and he remained quiet, allowing her the time she needed. It was a loaded question, he knew. When she answered it was somewhat what he expected but also not, wondering just what her past pack had been like.

The titan nodded, "alrigh'," as he watched her. "Ain't gitta 'ave it figured out righ' now," he allowed, chewing on his inner cheek. "Find yer footin'. Duskguard 'as plenty o'places fer yer ta be involved in." Later he would learn she was a valuable asset as eyes and ears, relaying information to Tiberius and Olive. ^^

the staff team luvs u
09-12-2022, 12:02 AM
"Thank you." Pleasantry to fall between so, although she would admit she felt a bit awkward by the question, but it was not something unexpected. All wolves seek a pack for a reason, some desire to make it their own to point a legacy, and others desire a power above all. Many want to make a family where other places were not deemed as well.. There was quite a few reasons and options, and it always brought the reason of why would a stranger, continue to join? If he found her suspicious.. Aries couldn't blame him.

She just hoped that her loyalty and diligence would prove her use, and hope of trust.

wrap?

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top