Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I should go about my day,

Morning Sunny/Clear
AW
Adventurer
07-26-2022, 12:48 AM
Somewhere near the vale was a large forest ; she could smell a variety of scents that went in and out. A popular place, Aries noted gently, although she couldn't pick up any packs in particular, but more then one or two scents that seemed to stay more then a week or so. She wasn't sure of the Tundra's state on packs and allies — Duskguard itself, seemed relatively peaceful, but was it always like so? Would they be fine with that? .. There was always those who guarded the border, and she took it upon herself as another medic and herbalist to the mixture, but couldn't help but pick a bit of scouting with so, due to curiosity and wonderlust of what was more then just the vale. But she would always return within the night, or hopefully, before.

She ventured inside, the shade of the trees dotting alongside her pelt as she trotted along. In the distance, she saw a hare.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
07-26-2022, 04:16 PM
Bursting through the trees, bleeding heavily, comes Astartes. Earlier, he had crossed a wolverine; his response to the creature had been haughty superiority and the creature's response was aggression. That would not do. And now he stands with the after-effects of battle. His blood still burns and his pulse still races. Filthy xenos. His jaws had given better than he received, and he's sure the creature's retreat had been to die. But now he bleeds, and now he marches in triumph--

Until his gaze comes upon the other wolf. He is not so foolish as to think that all women are soft and delicate. His sister, Sororitas, has a bravery that puts him to shame. But he gets the impression that this one is not a Sister of Battle. Taking a few deep breaths, he offers her words to let her know that, for now, she is safe. "Pax vobis." Peace be with you. "Is there a river nearby?" He should bathe. As much as he loves bathing in the blood of his enemies, the sight of a wolf brings him back to reality.
the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
ride into the red, all you can get, incense and iron
(does not ICly have a laurel crown)
Adventurer
07-27-2022, 02:50 AM
A man approached — large in form and blazed with gold not unlike the setting sun. He did not look like a tundrian man, and his question brought a summary of a travelling wayfarer that seemed to be lost. Her ears flickered as she smiled lightly, "I can hear one a bit more south of this forest," Aries said. Lightly, almost inaudible could she hear the sound of streams running, if perhaps continued to move she would just have missed it, maybe that was why he did not catch it so.

"I'm afraid I do not know this forest too well," although she could be wrong, and Aries admitted to her faulty of the lacking of knowledge. She wished not to put him on the wrong path if her words were wrong!

the staff team luvs u
07-27-2022, 06:56 PM
Honestly, he's not much of an Anywhere man yet. He's new here, and he knows only that the Lord walks with him. But he also knows that other wolves are not xeno filth, so that means they can be spared. And this lady before him is polite. He hasn't frightened her much, so perhaps she has seen violence. Or perhaps she is made of steel. Either way, he decides respect is the best way to put it.

"You are not the only one lost," he muses, a slight smile on his lips. "I do not know where this is-- or where anywhere is, truthfully. But I thank you for your assistance." He glances about, flaring his nostrils. Is that blood he smells? The enemy returned? Or is it his fur? "I will warn you to be careful. A beast struck me. I trust you can fight, but if you require assistance, it is no shame to work with allies." He won't leave until he knows the warning is heard, or at least until he knows the area is clear. It is cowardice to leave a fellow wolf without backup against the enemies of wolfkind.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
07-31-2022, 06:13 PM
"It seems like many of us simply appear here.. Mysterious, is it not?" Aries would sympathize with the other, who seemed lost and almost frustrated by the occurrence of so. A strange man though she would had, he reminded her of the men within the glade, a more stoic and knightly sense to him ; and couldn't help but wonder, if her future husband was also like that? A man she would not know now, she couldn't even say what his face looked like — but it would be nice if he was as golden as the one before her.

Her ears twitched, "oh my," would the hare comment, "a beast you say?" Aries questioned, an inquiry of more and a cautious look around through her golden view — she had met a beast.. Knew of them as well, but had yet to encounter any true terrors. When she looked back at him, there didn't seem to be any intense injuries.

A monster within the everfrost?

the staff team luvs u
08-09-2022, 05:58 PM
"More mysterious is that I remember little except for language and the faith in my Lord," he says flatly, pinning his ears back. "Does this land absorb memories? Or perhaps we have never truly existed outside this plane, and I'm half-baked." He doesn't truly believe that, though. What he does know is that he's never seen a place like this before, and the world seems stranger and stranger the more he exists here.

"But yes. A creature. A nasty black and white daemon with massive claws. I dealt it a fearsome blow, but I fear it is not dead yet." He has no word for 'badger' and thus settles for daemon instead. "If you wish accompaniment, I will assist you after I clean myself. It would not do well to leave a fellow unguarded."
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-11-2022, 08:00 PM
A man of God who questioned all that there was, and she stood smiling and hearing of his theories. Perhaps it was true, the land absorbing memories ; but if so, how did it choose? "That is a wonder, although mine remain intact." Which was true though, for why take one and not others? It caused a pondering and wondering, for why was his disappearing but hers was not? To remember the Winterwalf, to remember the glade and the kingdom, to know that her sister too, may be somewhere. At the moment Aries knew not where she was, and wondered why take one, but not the other?

Where was everyone who fell in the hole?

"Oh that's quite ghastly," she commented, a mental note of this so-called beast that was claimed. Her mind locking lightly of this one that could lurk. Though some part of her wondered whether that was either a bear or a tiger, for claws surely represent one or another, right? But neither held both black and white, either of oranges and black, or of pure whiteness. 

"I thank you for your offer, but my pack is quite close by. I believe I will be safe." Aries lightly dipped her head in that gratitude, but wish not to bother someone who was a bit confused on his own presence in the tundra. She hoped not to add more on his plate.

the staff team luvs u
08-19-2022, 10:07 PM
Well, it seems she needs no accompaniment. He's not going to press her. He doesn't know she doesn't want to impose; if he did, he'd tell her he's barely a person outside of service to the cause of his kind. He remembers nothing of the man he was besides that. He simply needs to find a cause to devote himself to, because he feels hollow and meaningless without one.

"If your chapter will protect you," he says with a nod, "I will not question their ferocity. Do travel safely, and may you walk in the light of glory." He offers a final stiff motion, then turns to leave. He hopes the daemon troubles this woman not. If it does, he'll be listening. Despite the swearing of this one to another chapter, Astartes knows he's meant for the protection of all wolfkind.

He is, after all, a wolf apart.

And so he leaves.
the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
08-19-2022, 11:22 PM
Strange that he was, he came to warn and expanded a bit how he was a wayfarer of this realm.. Golden — blue eyes — tall, not someone you'd see of the north, but Aries realized she never got his name, nor' even revealed his own. She gave a cautious look around for a moment, the silence sickening the forest and that there was nothing but the calmness of a breeze and the occasional rustling of a prey within the bush, or the tweeting of the afternoon birds. When she looked up, the sky started to cast to the afternoon, and indication perhaps it was time to go home..

She gazed after the man, who left with departing words. When she scented his aftermath of a trail, Aries realized there was the faint scent of more then just themselves.. Another day to return to discover what this scent was, and for the meanwhile, returned back to Duskguard.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top