Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Burdened with…?

Sunset
Group Only
Northfall
07-19-2022, 03:50 PM
The sun began to set and it illuminated the skies. The mountains seemed spectacular in the dimming light and wavering shadows. Snow-peaked and glistening.

Lòki, (for once) was doing what all good pack mates should in the wake of war; “patrolling” the borders. Though he was no fighter, he knew he had to be seen to earn his keep.

So patrol he did, for a while in fact. He had made his way around most of the territory before deciding enough was enough.

He had met no one and found nothing interesting, so he found a nice rocky out crop to settle and watch the sunset.

How disgustingly beautiful.

@“Chantico"
the staff team luvs u
[Image: dfby2mq-81fbc5b9-919b-4137-a229-6ed79096...cEzVdUYgkg]
Rated M for Mature
07-28-2022, 02:50 PM
hope it's okay to toss hank in! if not just lmk.

Hank had developed a routine in his short time in Northfall: wake up, take a leak, eat something, patrol. After his morning patrol, he spent much of the day exercising and training to keep both mind and body honed. That was even more crucial now, in the potential wake of war. Sometimes his schedule got spiced up with an occasional brief outing, but other than that, things were pretty tame. Too tame, if you asked him.

He usually did an evening patrol too, and today was no exception. Someone had just been past here, however, and he followed their scent. It was someone he'd seen around but never formally met. It was also someone who usually didn't patrol, he noted. Why not shake things up a bit? He was desperate for anything to break the monotony of his life, and so Hank did something unusual: he sought out another living thing, and it wasn't to fight them.

Their trail ended at an outcrop with a nice view of the sunset. There sat the other man, his back to him. Hank stopped short of the outcrop, finding his manners somewhere inside himself. But that's as far as he got, because he was at a loss as to what to do or say next. So he just kind of stood there and hoped they'd take notice of him.

the staff team luvs u
Somewhere in Nevada...
Entertainer
08-09-2022, 05:36 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 11:42 PM by Sleipnir. Edited 1 time in total.)
He closed his eyes and simply let the sun warm his golden-tinted face. Dark ears flickered to the soft-treads of another. And as the winds blew in from the south, musky, male. Dare a small sigh quietly pass from his dry, black lips. "Oh, am I in your way?" He muttered with a lick of sarcasm. His body lifted upwards and soon he was back onto four-golden tipped paws. It was then that he turned around to find a large man, draped in navy. Quite the specimen. "My apologies." He allowed his tone to purr, a charming, sickening purr. 

This man was of Northfall, the scent and familiarity told him as much. He had seen him around-yet with most of his pack mates, he had never had the pleasure of conversing. 

@Hank
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
08-15-2022, 10:13 PM
The man's question was clearly jovial. “Yeah, I was lookin' to jump, so if you'd move that'd be great,” Hank returned with a smirk, taking a few steps closer. His black and gold packmate seemed to almost purr as he uttered a sly 'apology'. This guy would either be fun to hang around or irritating as hell. Time to find out.

“Name's Hank. Haven't seen you around before, so I got curious. Sue me,” He said, not thinking how his latter comment would fly by his head.

the staff team luvs u
Somewhere in Nevada...
Entertainer
08-16-2022, 02:30 PM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2022, 11:42 PM by Sleipnir. Edited 1 time in total.)
The male's response earned a scoff from his nose, nostrils flared as he noted the scent. "Well, do not let me stop you." His pearly canines poked from his dark lips in a sly grin jerking his head to play along with their little charade. At least, unlike Sindri, this man could actually keep up with him. Would he prove to be good enough to consider a contender to his sarcasm? Only time would tell.

Yet the man that stood before him was strange indeed, red covered his eyes in some form of protective wear. A golden brow quirked as he assessed the male, who's name was now given. Hank. The joys of pack life... entertaining others that wanted to talk to him... but at least he held banter well enough to entertain him. "Loki." He finally offered with an oh so polite dip of his skull. "I suppose that I am fairly new..." A thoughtful hum, before he decided to inspect the blunt claws of his front right paw. "By Sindri's good grace I am allowed to stay." He cast a side glance back towards Hank. "What is your role here?" Well.. if he was going to start with small talk, he may as well continue.

@Hank
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
08-18-2022, 08:43 AM
lolll, loki's prob gonna be disappointed. hank's not the sharpest crayon in the box. they could have some synergy tho!

The rawboned man introduced himself as 'Loki', a newcomer like himself. “Same here. Lotsa names and faces to learn,” Hank said. He was fine with letting that knowledge come naturally, because he definitely didn't care enough to chase every last person down like a kid dying for some performer's autograph.

"By Sindri's good grace am I allowed to stay here," said Loki.

“Oh?” Hank noncommittally inquired. If he wanted to elaborate he could, but there wasn't any pressure to, either. He was then asked about his role here. “Soldier, guard, assassin. Whatever the higher-ups want me to be that involves fighting shit, I guess.” He shrugged. Hank was still very much in the process of finding out what exactly it was he wanted to do with himself in this strange new world.

“What about you?” He returned. Loki certainly wasn't in the shape to be a fighter of any kind, that was for sure.

the staff team luvs u
Somewhere in Nevada...
Entertainer
08-24-2022, 12:20 AM
Indeed there was. Many faces, many opportunities. As Watcher, he was a sentry. A man of the shadows to do the King’s bidding. Now that he had settled in oh so nicely it was time to see what Northfall had to offer.

Green-golden eyes watched the male as he continued to wittle on. Shame, for he did enjoy the small part in banter. But a fighter, yes. He could have guessed that. The man was built for it. Well formed muscle over a hulking fame. A golden brow rose. Yes, that I can see.

I am a Watcher. I work in the shadows to your superiors command. With a hefty sigh, Loki rose to his paws, slender and sleek. Swift and silent. Well, unless you really do plan on jumping off that cliff… I should be going. Pitty, Loki almost wanted him too. At least it would be amusing to watch him fall. He began to walk past the male, slow and deliberate steps of course.

-Exit Loki, unless stopped.-
the staff team luvs u
Rated M for Mature
scroll to top