Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
< Swimmin' in the floods, >

Sunset
P
Elkshire
07-19-2022, 10:04 AM

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

It was long overdue. It was his time to depart the only place he knew. His turn to rove the unknown but further than his littermates once had. Alongside the two of the most trusted in his circle - the favoured crowned trio. 

When he left his sister, he returned to where he was most likely to find his mother residing during the evening, keeping close to her infants. 

With unreserved happiness, a glow of excitement, he looked at his dam. 'Mother, I have put some thought into it and I am more than ready to head Northwards', he was more curious of the world out there than seeking out packs for alliances that were most probably already tied with Elkshire, though Warwick hadn't delved too far into political talks with his mother thus far, knowing only a few packs on the tip of his tongue. 'Calhoun and Edith are willing to accompany me'. He beamed at her, with a smile that spoke of his enthusiasm, but also hoped this would then impede any negative thoughts from her.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
07-25-2022, 10:02 PM
It was of no surprise that eventually the others of her brood would start wanting to see what was outside of Elkshire. Especially as a few gotten that taste and ventured to the neighboring packs, and been going around the Temperate. However, there was always a fine line that divided the land, such as the sea and the rivers ; making a perfect border to not have her worry that they stray too far. Although she still had great fear they did just that, the days when all three went missing — and the discovery of what had transpired.

Vermillion ventured out, a new pack unfolded that she needed to visit.. Perhaps it was best to give that reigns to her heir, "That sounds lovely," the Queen said smiling, "perhaps you can bring Maral," as the night princess seemed awfully.. She wasn't sure what to say on the other ; they brooded in the forest and stayed to themself. Maybe an adventure, would lure her out to the sunshine more.

"And see how Vermillion is doing, and if their leader is more welcoming to an alliance.. It's always pleasant to have friends outwards."

the staff team luvs u
07-30-2022, 03:06 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

The duke's smile remained, his bubble hadn't been burst and his mother offered warming words and suggestions. In the back of his mind he held a question mark above Marals head and knew she would not accept an invite to tag along with the most cherished trio. But Warwick wouldn't wave his mother's advice, 'I shall ask, though I thought you would need her here with you?'. 

It would be no lie that the young prince will miss his mother and always have a shadow of concern following him through his endeavours to travel north. Departing with two would reduce the numbers here in Elkshire. 

At the mention of the sister that had long been absent, his tail wagged slowly. It was a highlight of his trip he was most looking forward to. 'I'm excited to see Vermillion and how she fares in her new home. Do we know the leader's name?'. Better to be prepared for such a question and proposal. It would be the first business prompt on his mother's behalf, though he knew he was a mere messenger.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
08-07-2022, 07:22 PM
They were growing so old, and lively. Nearly so almost a year old and felt that time flied too fastly ; and had to wonder if whether other mothers, even her own, had felt the same way? It brought a slight knowledge of her own age — where Celnes knew she had lightly aged down since arriving to the primordial lands, but now was slowly going forth on the clock once more. She felt relief for the meanwhile that no gray hairs decided to appear just yet, and enjoyed her youthful appearance so far. Curved as any mother would be — but couldnt help but think so much time had passed, and yet always was, and to be, mateless.

"I have your other sisters who do not seem to care much about leaving, but Maral lurks in the surroundments. I wish for her to follow a path she wants, but shows no initiation to what she wants to do," the Queen lamented with a light sigh. A wayfarer in her own pack, kept to herself besides the seeking of the youngest brood and the avoidance of her own littermate.. Though Celnes couldn't blame her after the brawl with Edith, but wondered if she was getting along with the rest.

"Her name is Kore, of Greenwood," it was hard to deny a daughter who never asked for anything — who looked too excited to leave Elkshire. But it brought some use, all in all, and no harm to anything else. She was more then pleased for something that could come out of it, "Remus should be there too."

the staff team luvs u
08-08-2022, 01:54 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

He would keep his mother's wishes in mind when he next approached his most muted sibling. She never aired any desires to leave, since she always kept to herself anyway, so it wasn't in the duke's thoughts that she ever might. He'd not had a one-to-one with her where her path lay and trusted his dam's wiser words since he at this moment, still believed she knew best. 'She's not often close by for me to ask her myself. She always seems to prefer her own company than us', referring to him and the rest of their shared littermates.

He memorised the name and titles shared, wondering what kind of leadership his sister was under and he would soon find out. Remus was a face he rather missed too and was one that had not been around for long either.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
08-13-2022, 06:14 PM
How unfortunate, the mother thought, that she wasn't even close to Warwick, who had a heart of gold. He didn't seem to care much of the coloring of his sister, but not even he could penetrate her shield. She had thought at the very least the litter was closer together then she was.. Even though she didn't pay too much to Maral in childhood, Celnes had thoughts that something felt to be needed of a change, a playmate, perhaps? Someone who was appropriate!

Another issue for another day.. As she only smiled in a light pity, and moved forth.

"I hope for you to expand our name, and find possible alliances."

the staff team luvs u
08-14-2022, 08:04 AM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

There was a spark of joy that ignited the traveller's soul when his mother only further encouraged his new passage. He knew what he needed to do now. A task to portion out their branding, their heritage. He was proud to wear the badge of his mother's name, and he would ensure Elkshire was known to be as prestigious, glorious and benevolent as he'd always known it to be.

'I shall', he tried to remain as composed as can be, like a soldier in front of his general, but it was hard to contain his excitement. 

He moved forward in gratitude, seeking his mother's delicate cheek to brush and push his own against, in a son's caress and doting. Of the true love he has for her. 'I'll miss you mother', he whispered at the side of her cheek, in tight desperation to not let his voice waver. He did not enjoy goodbyes, and departing from his creator and governor was one he thought he'd never do. 

The duke would try to make his mother proud of his endeavours and hoped to return with an arms-full of positivity to share with her.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
08-23-2022, 06:45 PM
"I'll miss you too, but I am so proud to how you've grown." She would fully accept his embrace and lovingly caress his cheek with her own, almost seemingly unwillingly to let go ; but alas the day was to come. By every means, her eldest, became her most favorite and most focused — where she graced with a kindness and adoration and wholly hopes him to become the Prince of Elkshire, and deemed him as her heir. But now was the time to finally move his wings and see what the outside has to gain, and she could only pray to the High Elk, he was safe.

Like experience was important, and Celnes remembers heavily of the time once Kingslend bursted into flames, and she, alongside many others, were thrown into the wilds of the world. She even openly chuckled, remembering the time there was a golden wolf who nicked them as incest bred wolves, despite such an act heavily frown upon. He too would be open to a new world.

"May the High Elk guide your path."

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top