Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
get her out of me

AW
07-15-2022, 05:21 PM
Slightly south of the Hireath. Please allow Reign to reply first if you wish to join!

She had been walking all day. Bones and joints that already ached only hurt worse. Lucky enough to find herself a decent hill, the woman pulled herself up. Nearly grunting and whining with every step. How she managed this long was a mystery, though she was determined to find peace. Perhaps it was this determination that pushed her, giving her the will to go on.

As she reached the top, her body fell into the grass and field plants. They only slightly softened her fall, and she let out a sharp wince and a whine as her body hit the earth. For a while, the pale woman gave labored breaths. Until they softened to relax. It was quite a few minutes but, eventually she would roll in order to sit up a bit.
 Being asleep, being so vulnerable around others, she just couldn't. Her first memories of this land plagued with Satan and the idea of him. She had been peaceful, sleeping, maybe even dying in the sand. He attacked her then, what's to say they realized she wasn't dead- she was certain they would have no quarrels with attacking her again. This time making sure she was gone.

Sabira's eyes hung heavy. Unable to sleep but desperately needing it. Wounds fresh but trying their best to heal. She sat staring at the surrounding plains, a quiet prayer in brain as she struggled to stay awake and alert.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 89HrhAg.png]
3 - 3 - 3
07-15-2022, 06:13 PM
Reign was venturing a little farther out than she had in weeks. With her babies just about 3 weeks old now, she felt a little more secure when she went off, so long as all her children were being watched by her Siblings. And She never stayed gone for far to long. Just in case she was needed. 

Today she headed just past her south borders, she wanted to venture out, seeing if she might find any sign of Aerys or any other soul to collect for her empire. She would need far more bodies within her domain to help with the brood she’d birthed, and the Little hell raiser she’d taken in. They would need as many watchful eyes as she could find. 

Black fur warmed by the sun, Caused tensed muscles to relax as the Demoness moved. It was almost weird to be this far from home, and alone at that. She wondered where her white companion was currently. And why she hadn’t invited him along so she’d have some company. 

Fortunately for her a pained whine broke her from her thoughts. She paused mid step, listening carefully to find which direction it had came from. The last time she’d heard something like that it had been her Daughter Hel. But this was not nearly as small of a squeak as Hel’s call had been.

Reign casually strolled towards the direction she assumed the sound had come from. Interested in whom she may find at the end of that noise. She snickered to herself, would of be another Aerys situation, or another Creole. Would she find a pet or a warrior. 

It didn’t take her long to catch the Scent of the wolf. But she wasn’t expecting it to be mixed with a familiar scent; Warcrest. She continued to stroll towards the owner of the scent. Stopping only a few yards away when she spotted the pale frame before her.  She took in the sight, she could smell it, blood. And her mouth watered. How deliciousShe put on her mask of concern. Just as she had with Aerys. And the act was upon her. 

She came running towards the frame. “Are you alright?! What has happened to you?” She cried out. Sweet and coated in concern. The act of her life.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
Paladin
07-15-2022, 06:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 01:48 AM by Sabira. Edited 1 time in total.)
 She snarled well before she even turned to look. Not caring for what they said or what tone they held. Sabira, in her daze, hadn't noticed the approaching figure- or the scent they carried. All she saw was a wolf running in her direction so, as she claimed the high ground, the woman growled and boomed a threatening voice.

"Do not come any closer!" Her heart pounded in her chest, a mixture of fear and wrath. Though she stood up a bit, into a low crouch, she tried to make her frame smaller in an attempt to shroud her injuries.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
Paladin
07-15-2022, 06:56 PM
Paladin note for CMs!

Valkyrie saw Reign leave the Hiraeth.
She briefly considered staying to help guard the children, but decided instead to tail the Viscountess with a dutiful guardians aura.

As Reign saw a figure ahead, Valkyrie chuffed with some vague acknowledgement and followed at her Alpha's flank, leveling a curious yet warning stare to the pale girl making herself so small.

Valkyrie wanted to rumble at Sabira, warn her of who's land she was upon, but the Shieldmaiden decided to simply stand aside as Reign played with her prey.
the staff team luvs u
07-15-2022, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2022, 07:05 PM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Feigning fear Reign stopped in her tracks as the woman snarled at her. She didn’t move a step as she studied the woman before her. She was certainly no Pet. Though, based off her reaction. She probably had been in warcrest.  Which was interesting to her. Did warcrest train their pets? Because Aerys had never dared to act out like that. And likely never would to a stranger. Scared as she might of been. It was all very interesting. 

“Do not come any closer!"

Reign had a choice here. She could play along as the meek woman who just wanted to help. Or she could stop playing with this woman and take her mask off. But she didn’t know which to pick just yet. So she just kind of looked at the woman. 

Tilting her head to the side as she studied her. She was injured, no mater how she had tried to hide it. Reign could smell it. But, the biggest question reign had was, did Satan know this woman was this far away from home? And did she even care of he did? 

The mask fell off. It wasn’t like the woman hadn’t had a run in with people like her before. Besides. If she ran now, Reign could always tell Satan what she had seen. And be done with it all. Or she could claim her for herself. She could use another pet since Aerys had run off. And reign was still to busy with babies to track her down yet. Or option three. She could let her join Demonia. And if Satan had problems with it, tell him it was for the safety of their children. That she had taken her in. 

Purple eyes flickered with mischief. 

“And what prey tell, happens if I do not Stop. And do come closer?” She cooed 

“I originally was seeking to help you- while playing nice for your benefit. However, I cared not for the act. Will I still help you, maybe.” She shrugged “but that’s entirely up to you”

Reign hadn’t acknowledged Valkyrie yet, she was vaguely aware the woman had followed her. But she cared not, she now turned her head to the woman and offered her a simple nod of her head. Before returning her gaze to the stranger.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
Paladin
07-15-2022, 07:17 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 01:49 AM by Sabira. Edited 1 time in total.)
"I have the high ground, Anakin"

How dare this woman attempt to play with her in this way, Sabira's eyes gave a wrathful loathing.

"Then I shall not hesitate to defend myself." She leaned over the hill at them, paws digging into the dirt. 

"I never asked for your help." Sabira snarled, though more tame this time. She could smell it, the lingering odor of children. Though the woman did not look pregnant, so she must have them at home. A mother seldom abandons her pups, and even more so would rather stay alive for their benefit. Who's milk would they drink, should she fall?

Though the one she really had to worry about was the one who stayed at the mother's side. Her best option would be run but, how fast could the injured wolf go? Likely, not fast enough to evade them for too long. She played strong, and did her best to appear as though her injuries did not bother her as much as they did.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
07-15-2022, 07:39 PM
"Then I shall not hesitate to defend myself." 

Reign simply shrugged. Looking up at the girl. “It would seem that your out numbered though. Now do tell me, Do you really think that you can fend us off if we chose this fight?” She purred like a cat with a mouse. 

"I never asked for your help."

”Indeed you did not. But I’m rarely nice enough to offer it. And Even more rare for someone to willingly want to help you knowing who’s pack it is that I can smell on you” She shrugged. She didn’t know just how well known WarCrest was in this land. But there was no downside to the lie. For all Reign knew, Satan’s pack could very well have a reputation already. 

“The choice is really yours. You’re clearly Running from Warcrest. And both fortunately and unfortunately for you, you found me. Because as it stands, I personally know Satan. Thus, you could run, but nothing is stopping me from sending Valkyrie here” she tipped her head towards the woman “To tell Satan that I have seen you. And telling him in what direction you have gone.”

She took a step closer. “And while I need neither Valkyrie or Satan as a threat, because I assure you. I am Lethal enough alone, should you choose to harm me. “ she bared her own fangs. “The fortunate side to meeting me is, I could offer you refuge. And I could in fact ask Satan to, allow me to keep you. For the safety of his children “ she sat now. The ball was in this woman’s court. None of this was a lie.

Though reign had no real clue how Satan would react to this request. But this woman need not know that. Because at the end of the day, if Satan didn’t agree. And the woman was in demonia. She could just hand her back over. 

She stared the woman down. “Tick tock, tick tock, what shall you choose?” She cooed
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Paladin
07-15-2022, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 01:49 AM by Sabira. Edited 1 time in total.)
"I choose the option that leads to you leaving me the fuck alone." She growled, resting back on her haunches. The stranger was right, and Sabira was in no position to fight. But what ties did she have with Warcrest? She said the safety of "his children". Not only did children disgust her but, children of that disgusting pig would be especially awful.

"How do I know, if I went with you, that you won't just give me up to that appalling, repugnant, pig?" The pit-viper barked, her eye skeptical and judgmental, staring down towards the black and white she-wolf. She thought even lower of her now, to think that one would mate with that abominable beast. 

She could barely fathom what those pups must look like. All of their fair genetics would be relying on this she-wolf.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
07-15-2022, 10:22 PM
"I choose the option that leads to you leaving me the fuck alone."

Reign chuckled darkly. “That was part of an option. Valkyrie.” She directed her attention to her citizen. “Should this woman, send us away, you shall not go directly home. I assume you remember the way back to warcrest.  Thus you shall head directly there, and then tell Satan, that we found one of his pets, wandering a far from home. And that I sent you.” She purred before she turned back to the woman. 

"How do I know, if I went with you, that you won't just give me up to that appalling, repugnant, pig?"

”That’s a fair question. And the truth is. You don’t know. However, if you come now, your chances are higher. I’m a woman of my word. If I say I’ll at least speak with him about giving up on you I will. Hell. You can even be present. But what is most certain is that if I walk away now, Satan and whomever else is Warcrest that cares to find you, will certainly have a hot new tip. And the aide of whomever I spare to go with them to hunt you.” She shrugged. It was all the truth. She wouldn’t sugar coat it. 

Reign stood up again. “I will be honest. My home, is not an easy place to live. You will have to defend yourself, and prove your worth. Because if you can’t and you don’t. You will not like what happens. And there will be no one within my home who will help you.” She paused. “We take slaves, pets really. And those of us who fail to uphold my laws, and prove that they can not further our empire can easily become Sidi” honesty. Thats all she offered this woman.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Paladin
07-15-2022, 11:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 01:50 AM by Sabira. Edited 1 time in total.)
"I don't take chances. You clearly have no idea what assets I can bring to you, so I don't care to negotiate with the likes of... well, you." The sharp-tongued snake hissed, rolling her eyes and averting her gaze for a moment. "There is no point proving myself to fools who won't value what I provide."

She paused, and looked back at them with a dismissive glare. "Do whatever you please. That idiot and his regime of thoughtless sheep will have trouble finding me, with or without your word." Sabira's voice laced with a audacious chuckle. The idea of taking slaves burned hate into her eyes. What a stupid way of life.

"You take slaves? No wonder you are so lost and savage. Why force one to bend the knee when you can manipulate them into thinking it was their idea? Show them humility, grace, and sometimes even mercy." Her words were a sly nod at the stranger, letting her know that Sabira knew what she was doing. She knew how to play the game. Sabira would look at the wolf next to her, acting as some sort of guardian. "The blind are much more comfortable being so when they have something to lead them." These, she directed especially at them.

It was kill or be killed. If you were not of use in mind or body, there was no point to you at all. At least, that's how she saw it. So slaves never interested her. Besides, most people don't even use their slaves wisely. What a waste.

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
07-15-2022, 11:29 PM
"I don't take chances. You clearly have no idea what assets I can bring to you, so I don't care to negotiate with the likes of... well, you." "There is no point proving myself to fools who won't value what I provide."

“I do not know you, so how would I know what assets you could bring? I did not know Valkyrie’s either when I brought her home. But yet, I gave her a shot and she is thriving.” Reign shrugged yet again. “The difference is, we in Demonia actually care about what people bring to the table. Everyone is important. Even Our Sidi are important. However. You must also be useful. An empire can not thrive if it’s people do not thrive. Or contribute. I don’t know how Satan runs Warcrest. But Demonia has a council, yet to be formed. That allows my citizens to work for something “ she eyed the girl. “So yes, I value my citizens.”  

"Do whatever you please. That idiot and his regime of thoughtless sheep will have trouble finding me, with or without your word."

“I wouldn’t put my money on that. I’m quite certain that you could be found easily. Especially in the state youre in. Besides the scent of blood, I can easily smell warcrest all over you. Which means. Satan would have no problem picking up your scent from here ..”  She turned to leave. She was growing bored now. 

"You take slaves? No wonder you are so lost and savage. Why force one to bend the knee when you can manipulate them into thinking it was their idea? Show them humility, grace, and sometimes even mercy." 

”yes we take slaves, because we can. But also because it’s the way of life. I myself had one. Aerys. Who was I cruel to. Yes when I found her. But so long as she listens she had a blessed life. She could wander. So long as she didn’t run. I’m ruthless. But again. I believe in value. And Sidi have value. Aerys is even a founder of my home. And her name is to be known.”  She started to walk away but stopped when the woman addressed Valkyrie . 

"The blind are much more comfortable being so when they have something to lead them."

“You may call her blind. But Valkyrie knows who I am. And what I do. She choses to be here because I offer her a life. A purpose. One she likes. And she has ample opportunity to raise in status. I wonder which of you is really blind?” With that she turned and finally began to walk away. Nodding her command to Valkyrie.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

07-16-2022, 12:23 AM
Valkyrie held no paticular interest in the words of the pale girl.
Yet she paid attention as the egotistical brat snarled and snapped, and as Reign responded with cooled honesty.

Once Reign was clearly finished talking with the circle-spinner, Valkyrie nodded once, curtly, to her Queen before taking off towards Warcrest as directed. 
If Sabira decided to get in the way, Val wou;d quite simply put, plow through her like a freight train through a bicycle.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
07-16-2022, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2022, 01:51 AM by Sabira. Edited 1 time in total.)
The woman merely scoffed, dismissing the stranger's words. After a bath, and of course after traveling for some time, such scent would be lost to the wild. She was headed to the mountains, and she wasn't sure they would even go that far to seek out one meager 'slave'. Sabira clearly held no true value to them, so why all this trouble for one wolf they cared not for?

"Enjoy your goose chase." She spat as the two turned to leave. Their words weightless to her. As long as she kept moving away and towards something familiar, there should be nothing to worry about.

Kind of a shorty post to close the thread, feel free to post again if you'd like- or just let me know and we can archive it <3

the staff team luvs u
3 - 3 - 3
scroll to top