Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
When its eyes fix mine

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
AW
07-15-2022, 03:58 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2022, 02:28 AM by Ambition. Edited 1 time in total.)
 "What did we say rule number one was?"  Distant voice called out in her mind.  It was her brother, her protector.  She didn't answer.  It sounded so distant and not quite real.  She instead woke, opening her eyes to nothing.  Nothing it was again.  How many years had it been?  Ambition stood up slowly shaking out her grogginess from waking.  With a big yawn she muttered out loud to her brother, "What was it you were saying?" There was no answer, so he must be sleeping.  The winds picked up and ran through her fur.  It had a warmer than usual feel to it.  The weather couldn't have changed that quickly while they slept.  Frightened, Ambition shuffled around on her paws kicking up the grass and dirt.  "Archer, please get up!  I am scared!" she exclaimed loudly.  There was no stirring.  In the distance she heard something coming toward her.  "A-Archer?" she breathed.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
07-17-2022, 10:24 PM
Miriam teetered between the packs often ; carefully not entering the lands that marked them so. There was two forests in particular that help quite a pungent scent of both. Yet she could not help but venture near to one, as her ears picked up the sound of another calling out of the forest. The scent was weak, but the pack still attempted to lay claim to it's roots, and she entered gingerily. A slight caution as the woman traced to the calling voice, sounding distressed, she could not let them be.

"Miss, you must be careful. This is quite close to a pack's lands," and she could see them and approached with a warm, but worried smile. When Miriam gazed around they were decorated with the warmth of red wysterians and apple orchids ; sweetness covering her nose.. But it mattered not. Although wanted to explore so, she looked at the stranger who seemed a bit troubled, "are you alright?"

the staff team luvs u
07-19-2022, 12:57 AM
 "Do not wander." she heard her brother's voice again.  It echoed faintly in her head as she stood still waiting for the incoming, quite possible, threat.  Ambition didn't hear the stranger's first words; she was too distracted by the voice of her brother in her head.  Her eyes scanned the trees and grass before her but, just as it has always been since birth, she saw only blackness.  Her ears twitched as the stranger that appoached her stopped.  Thank goodness for her ears, had they not worked exceptionally well she would be an invalid.  The stranger spoke again, warmly, and Ambition never turned her head.  "I, um" she paused to take a small breath, "lost someone."

The beauty of the stranger would have made Ambition gasp lightly.  They were covered in perfectly painted lilac gray.  Ambition shifted her paws around in the grass unsure of what to do.  She wasn't sure where the stranger was standing in regard to herself.  Archer, her brother, would kindly nudge his head into her neck to turn it to face those she was speaking to.  It was unkind to talk without looking at whomever you were talking to.  At least, that is what Archer always told her.  Her body trembled lightly and then she spoke, "I don't think I am where I last was." it didn't sound quite sane to say out loud.

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
07-19-2022, 01:14 AM
A lost lamb, shivering while utterly alone in a strange place. Miriam approached, an attempt of perhaps of a comfort as she wanted to drag her own body closer in a warmth ; a hug to the other and drape her head along the others neck. An embrace, but only if the stranger allowed it — and Miriam would not mind a rejection, for not many would take a hug from another they did not know, but she felt that the other needed it. She shivered and was lost, and had lost someone as well — but as she scented around, there was no one. Only that of the passing of pack wolves and stale wanderers.

"Surely you will be reunited. This realm is strange in many ways, and lures wolves from all over, once somewhere else and now here.. You are not alone." As one comforted her when she was confused, Miriam attempted to offer the same.

the staff team luvs u
07-19-2022, 02:26 AM
 The voice of her brother had faded away leaving Ambition with the first rule they had together.  Do not wander.  She had wandered following a strange scent.  Never mind she thought.  The frail girl trembled a little more visibly as the sound of the stranger's voice spoke to her.  "I am frightened without my brother.  I'm blind, and he was my guide." her voice cracked as she trembled.  She relaxed only a little knowing she was not alone.  Not alone with anyone threatening that is.  Her ears folded back to touch the top of her head as she slowly lowered her back legs to be able to sit.  Her body was thin, as she hadn't eaten in a while.  She did not feel hunger right now.  "My name is Ambition." she said as her lower end touched the grass.  The grass was cooler to the touch than the dirt beneath it. Giving your name is the first step to help.  She thought to herself as she stared off to nothing.  

the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
08-11-2022, 08:21 PM
How foolish of her! Miriam did not realize right away the blindness the other had, and understood more of why she was so scared here. More focusing on calming her down, Miriam brow ceased in a light worry ; for a wolf who could not see and without a guide or a pack, did not last long within the wild. She could not leave her like so, but the question would be where to bring? Perhaps the men who swarmed within the reclaimed roots? Her nose scented them so, but alas ; the nearest ones she vaguely remembered had been warned to be.. Not the best.

"I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows. Perhaps I can lead you to a pack? I'm afraid finding your brother will be more time then it's worth, and may find more peace in a pack taking care of you. Safety, in numbers." Miriam did not have that pack, and she did not think she could accurately care for the other herself. But destiny led her here, for surely she was meant to help guide this lost soul to others. The bridge between, a boat bringing her to one end or the other.. But only if she so wanted, but Miriam so hoped allowed.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top