Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
red riding hood

AW
Misc Skill
Dragonford Isles
Elysium
Northfall
07-04-2022, 03:40 AM (This post was last modified: 07-04-2022, 04:21 AM by Vendrussel. Edited 2 times in total.)
calling particularly Dragonford & Elysium wolves but if anyone else wants to hear too, feel free to join!

After an odd series of events, Vendrussel made it to the fords hunting grounds. She didn't know how far Elsyium wolves were from her, as there was a moment of stall. At the very least with the waters being calm, they should be able to hear her from the isle. The woman howled, she howled in a calling and summons, one of urgency that was not of war but something much greater. She would watch as some wolves came from both the ghost line and the sea itself.

"Dragonford!" She called to them, "the boars have taken not of our own, but a friend, a leader of another pack ; Valeska of Elysium. We will band together with them, and storm where they are. I urge whoever can, to join the fight." Although in truth they didn't know where the boars currently were, it was the only assumption that perhaps somewhere near the coast a bit more. As she ran between Eslyium and the sepulcher.. There was not a clear sign of them, but vaguely their trails got thicker once she came closer.

They were near, surely so. Maybe they would even hear her calling, maybe others would too — it mattered not. What mattered was to save others.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
07-04-2022, 11:58 AM

A call could be heard through the dense fog. Vedette had not been far off. Her body set to the borders that she was designated to guard in the times of uncertain war brewing. But as soon as Ven's call echoed throughout the Dragonford's territory, she was already jumping into the rolling waves and kicking her legs as fast as she possibly could. The water was still somewhat of a challenge, but she wouldn't let that stop her. Nothing had stopped her in the past. She was a soldier. She'd work through whatever meant to stop her and break down those walls. 

Through soft snorts of air, like a horse trying to catch its breath after a race, she stopped before Vendrussel. A hair on her head did not seem so harmed, but her words vibrated through Vedette's bones. The sure-fire way of a commander. There was no racing of her own heart or a shift in the muscles in her face, just those two blood orange eyes staring directly at Ven. The dusk dragon stood, knees almost locked, stance upright, ready to march into whatever Ven lead them to. "You have my aid." She always would, but Vedette was not one to utter any unnecessary words. 

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
07-06-2022, 02:51 AM

Jun had been on the beach when he heard the howl— of the call, rather. His head would pop up from smelling the remnants of a crab shell, faintly as such, but followed its origin point. It had been Vendrussel. 

At the sight of his emergence from the bay, he'd listen to her warcry. She had poured her heart into such a speech, such an hour of desperation that he knew he had to be present for. How could he not? When there was so much going on, so much rage, anger, she'd needed her pack for once. He would be there. Jun would always be there. 

Vedette had also been there, eagerly awaiting any orders. Jun chuckled quietly to himself but gave the queen her attention. At least for now, his eyes would be glued to her. For as long as she needed, they would be. "My blood and bones are yours, Vendrussel." He didn't speak in twisted tongues or humor this time. He had been serious. Truly. For once in his life, Jun gave a shit. Briefly.

the staff team luvs u
07-11-2022, 03:31 PM
It had not taken long for the dark dragon to settle himself upon the isle. For some reason, he found it almost too easy to navigate. Call it a sense of deja vu, but he knew his way around without even knowing how.

Absinthe spent most mornings trailing the edges of the far shore. He had almost been too far from the others, but with some fortune, he managed to make out the urgent beckon of Vendrussel. The dragon arrived with haste, a sharp gaze finding her as she addressed both those of the ford and the mainland. She spoke of war and distress. Fighters were needed. Some had already come, but his presence added another.

Should her eyes find him, the dark one would give a nod as a show of his promise in aid. There were no words needed for any to know he would always fight for the cause of those he had sworn to protect.
the staff team luvs u
'' The rain is my escape. When it falls, so does the wall concealing my identity from the world. It the only time I can truly be me and dance in the rain, nothing but free. ''
scroll to top