Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
And the rest is rust and stardust.

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
AW
07-01-2022, 07:19 AM (This post was last modified: 07-01-2022, 07:50 AM by Taikon. Edited 2 times in total.)
 “We really must leave this place, @Vedetta.”
 His incumbent daughter had thrown herself into a hole into the ground. He had followed. As a result, they had stayed for weeks in the desert for reasons he did not understand. Perhaps it was Vedetta's naive and beautiful, childish adventurism that had kept them here. If that was the case, he was thankful.
 But he was not built for these lands. Vedetta, unbeknownst to him, had turned one. He knew that, often, coyote pups would leave their parents around this age. But he was not her real parent. She had already presented signs of being independent, of wanting to do her own thing. He did not know if she would follow.
 “Vedetta. My darling. I...” he had already felt it strange. Her maturity had easily broken down every bit of his well-natured soul. “I have to leave now.”
 He waited. He watched her eyes, demanding from her some sign of care.

the staff team luvs u
07-06-2022, 08:57 AM
She had heard her father call for her and quickly made her way over to him, cocking her head to the side slightly. They had been in the desert for a while and in all honesty, she hated it. The sun was harsh on her albino skin and she typically found herself with sunburns after a long day of playing outside. Nonetheless, they had remained here and she didn't mind. 

Cocking her head to the side slightly, she would listen to him before nodding slightly, offering her dad a lopsided smile, her tongue hanging out of her mouth. "Alright papa, lets go!" She watched him for a moment, not realizing until after a few moments that he had specified him. For a moment, she frowned, her eyes looking like she was about to cry. "Wait, are you leaving without me papa?" Sure, she liked to explore and meet other people alone, mostly because she knew her papa didn't like that kind of stuff, but she always came home to him and couldn't think of what her life would be without her papa. Even the thought of it made her eyes tear up slightly.

the staff team luvs u
Vedetta has autism and thus doesn't understand normal social cues and will likely always have the mind of a child regardless of age.

@Taikon is Vedetta's caregiver and allowed in all of Vedetta's threads, private included
Counsellor
07-07-2022, 07:18 AM
 Taikon looked at the burns that were most obvious at the top of her pink nose. It was clear that being here was hurting her, yet she seemed to be overall doing well. He didn't know if she wanted to stay. This was the first time he had properly brought it up, even though he had been thinking about leaving as soon as they had been brought here by unknown circumstances.
 He watched her face as he moved to go, and stopped. She didn't understand what he was asking. What he was saying.
 “No,” he said in the blunt way he always said things.
 “You are free to come with me, or you may stay here,” he said. “You are big enough now to make your own decisions. What I am saying is I must go. You may stay if you want to,” explained Taikon, watching her expressions as he spoke. He did not tell her the true reason for his attempt at separation. She would not have understood. Nobody would have.

the staff team luvs u
07-07-2022, 10:26 PM
She always had an issue with understanding the meaning of others, usually only latching onto the most direct things. Because of that, it was very hard for her to read between the lines and understand what others meant. Even now, she only heard what the wolf was saying instead of what he meant. Nonetheless though, she would cock her head to the side slightly, her tears drying relatively quickly as he spoke. For now, she looked more confused than anything. "Why would I stay here if you're leaving? Your my papa and we're supposed to stay together.... right? Isn't that was family does?" 

She was now questioning her own understanding of what a family was. But, even as she looked up at him with puppy dog eyes, she would move towards him, aiming to nuzzle her head against him. She wasn't going anywhere and it was clear that she didn't even know that anything was going on with him.

the staff team luvs u
Vedetta has autism and thus doesn't understand normal social cues and will likely always have the mind of a child regardless of age.

@Taikon is Vedetta's caregiver and allowed in all of Vedetta's threads, private included
07-13-2022, 05:35 AM
 He didn't like to see her upset, but he had known this would happen when he'd been thinking about it in the first place. Taikon made a face, looking away from her toward the Plains and across to the haze that had opened in the clear skies beyond the reach of the vast, rolling place. There were glints of mountains in that haze, and that was where he must go back to, with or without her.
 “Sometimes yes, sometimes no,” he said cryptically. He, after all, had not stayed with his family. He had tried to make a new one and had it taken away not once, but many times. This time, he was trying it out.
 It did not work. “Very well,” he said, warming at her touch, but offering little in return. She pressed and nuzzled, and his expression softened, but he did not pull her to him. Then, after an excruciating moment, he breathed, offering a small nibble to her ear and a soft nuzzle.
 “Let's go,” he said, defeated, moving forward and past her after this brief and gentle affection.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top