Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Cold in my kingdom size,

AW
03-17-2021, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2021, 01:17 AM by Célnes.)
@Vengeance

She was curious to what the monster in the forest has been doing. There was a few questions in mind, especially concerning their alliance, and where he plans to go after. Their deal wouldn't last forever, and as slowly she was gaining more numbers, she imagined he soon would leave. Though before then, Célnes would want to strengthen what they have. Having a power ally, was the most important asset at the moment.

The High Elk would forgive.

the staff team luvs u
03-17-2021, 03:44 AM
After checking in on his little parcel @"Bramble", the beast climbed out of the moss cove with which he had stowed her away in order to continue on his rounds. He would be back later for her, he simply couldn't be guarding her every second of every day when he had other things to attend to... which is why that shattered leg of hers was such a blessing. How far could she possibly go with that poor banged-up leg of hers?

Upon emerging from the dens, Vengeance could smell the sweet cool air of twilight as it swiftly approached. Little did he know he would have a visitor to throw a twist into his so far daily routine.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-22-2021, 10:02 PM
"It seems we are both building our kingdoms slowly." Approaching the 'boogeyman' of the Elk Forest, she gave him a pleasant smile, noting the scent of the prisoner. She care little to what has been done, assuming he has some sort of plans for the lady within the cave.. Though she knew he wasn't a permanent residence and perhaps would wisk her away eventually for his own path. Célnes did wonder when he would leave so, as slowly her own numbers were being gained.

Would be a shame to lose such a guard, but an alliance instead takes it place.

the staff team luvs u
03-23-2021, 07:14 PM
Cracking of bones and joints filled the air as he stretched out his back and legs to prepare for a day of patrolling, another day of fighting off trespassers and those neither kings of the forest wanted to take under their wing... and perhaps if he was lucky, another plaything to add to his little collection in the den behind him.

Just as he was about to leave the wounded healer behind, company stopped the creature in his path. “It seems to be that way.” He agreed slowly. Wondering if she was here to chastise him over holding a prisoner of his own within her forest. What an interesting conversation that would be - did he risk their alliance already with a move like that?

“You and your followers should be able to guard these woods without me soon.” With a shrug, he invited the conversation of parting ways with an agreed-upon alliance between them to bleed into their impromptu conversation.

the staff team luvs u
Vengeance is a disgusting, terrible character. I do not condone anything he does or thinks of IC, and though I enjoy writing him, he also disgusts me often. He is a villain and nothing more.
03-30-2021, 04:11 PM
"It's a shame to lose such a beloved guard," a polite smile, "but our alliance will still bloom." Her homeland, Kingslend, prided herself on being secluded to all the wolves. Barring themselves anyone deemed unholy and sinful, and with the number of Deorwine's being in the hundreds, it was no issue for their Kingdom. Even to Kingslend II, she wanted the same, be in the seclusion she knew best, keep away from others.. For her family was intolerant, and would only cause trouble. Changes she wanted, but alas, it all had fallen down in the end.

Now though, Célnes was truly alone. With little family to come forth, she knew better this time. Alliances would hold great in the end, to be warily of groups such as those who was named after the birds.. Their name was but a wisp in her mind, and she unfortunately couldn't remember them so, but knew of the troubles the two groups held.

"I do not mind you taking the leftovers.." vaguely so, she mentioned the prisoner, "perhaps a deal can be made, where we send the unwanted to your claim."

She would keep away the white wolves, just as her brother would've wanted.

the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 04:21 PM
^^
He grinned at her comment. “I'm certain you will do just fine.” He hummed. Granted he had some fun here, and certainly, it would be baffling to some who met him here to find him roaming a different forest, later on, should they find themselves on his doorstep once more.

He didn't know much about Celnes and her kingdom, Elkshire, other than their hatred for pale wolves. Something he wasn't all too interested in asking about neither. So long as it didn't affect him or his group, it didn't matter to him what they did or believed in. Surely knowing would have him prepare by understanding who his allies are - and yet, there was a certain trust that had to be built through silent understanding without being too wary.

Should they start doing something he didn't agree with, only then would he begin to make his own moves.

The vague mention of his little prisoner was amusing, of course, he would be taking her with him as they moved to their more final destination. Her pale coat was certainly an eyesore to the king of the elk woods. “I wouldn't be opposed. I do not guarantee their entrance but I will hear them out should they come from Elkshire.” After all, he had a certain standard to uphold.

“If any do not fit among my brood but may tickle your fancy, I could return the favour and send them your way.”
^^
the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 04:37 PM
An odd trust was built between them, that not even she could understand fully. In another lifetime perhaps they would've been enemies, but in this time they gained a fruitful alliance. The devious nature they both took as akin to the devil, but she preferred simpler means behind the scenes, where a smile was produced, while the boogeyman was savage from the start. It brought a devilish smile to the Deorwine.

"My family has a dislike for particular pelts to the white kin, but i'm moreso accepting to other colors. Pickiness can be a downfall; but the favorite is always colors of ourselves." Beloved above all, and perhaps why the two got along the most, the beloved colors of the elk, brown as the setting sun, and the earth itself. He may carry some black, but she hadn't dove that deep into the religion. She would hope he would send the more loved.

Célnes even counted herself more friendly then some.. But she could never forget the scene of a white elk piercing her brother and herself, and when waking up in this new land; she was alone.

"Where will your own kingdom be?"

While not mentioning it, she couldn't remember if he had given themselves a name yet.

the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 05:07 PM
^^
As she explained their favoured pelt colours, he took note. Everything but white essentially - but brown was favoured of the bunch. Luckily for them, brown was a pretty common colour, so was white by his experience but at least they had the options to be a little pickier than others. How laughable that would be if they desired nothing but red or other more rare coats of the kind.

Provided they were a useful ally, he didn't care what their preferences were. And with the idea of them sending rejected members to one another for various reasons, having different tastes in what they sought - this seemed to be a blossoming friendship indeed. It seemed little clashed between them which should prove to be fruitful. At least he hoped.

“To the North of here. I have my eyes set on a forest shrouded in perpetual mist. It should be perfect for my kind. Already some of my followers are solidifying our claim as we speak.” Having sent his members there while he remained here in Elkshire a little longer, they were killing two birds with one stone.
^^
the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 05:14 PM
"Ah," she was reminded. There was a few wolves that kept lingering near the forest, and of course, the Queen had caused a few trouble to them, "were some near the edges of the forest? I had caused a bit of.. Trouble for them, I am not sure what had happened after." There was a smile upon thinking of sending the herd after them, in a way manipulating the ungulates to try and scar off the unholy kin. Perhaps it was why they were still lingering around the forest, being Vengeance's agents and were simply waiting instructions. Though she wasn't too apologetic on the matter, and only was curious if was truly them, "the Elk were not pleased about them." 

More displeased about her, however. It was a matter she would deal with on a different day.

the staff team luvs u
03-30-2021, 08:41 PM
^^
Trouble she says. The lord shrugs his shoulders apathetically, a smug grin across his lips evident of his amusement with the news. “If it were, I was not informed.” Nor did he really care. If they could not handle themselves, they were not worth his time. The pack was still small and they had to be self-sufficient. It was survival of the fittest after all. He was even cautious enough to let them know that pale pelts were not welcome in their allies' nest - if they chose to ignore his warning, that was on them.

“I am curious, however, what did you do?” He wanted to know what kind of trouble she was capable of... what did go on in that pretty little head of hers?
^^
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
03-31-2021, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 02:30 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
"The forest is beloved by the elk itself, a herd of many, if the stampede aimed for a group, they would flee, would they not?" Unusually so, perhaps to wolves, the herd within the forest was mighty large. The absence of predators had been gone for so long, and not too many could challenge them when a King of the ungulates, protects them so. Deep within the forest one could find the thicket of them all, the woman and males, the protectors and mothers- the young and the old.. Every time there was a visit, there was new and olden ones, and Célnes could no longer keep track of how many there was.

By the sheer amount that ran wild, any would fear. It was a pleasant strategy to use, letting her paws stay clean.

+2 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Nightwalkers
04-02-2021, 04:04 AM
^^
With a delighted huff he spoke, amused by her admittance. “I suppose they would.” It seemed like his new ally was one to have tricks hidden up her proverbial sleeves. A crafty one who should be watched at a distance - so long as her eyes were not turned to him and his pack with that same malice, they would work out just fine.

“However, you can always call on me should you not wish to get your paws dirty. The Nightwalkers would be delighted to do so in your stead.” It would keep them sharp after all. Focus their bloodlust on outsiders and enemies, and solidify any kinship between packs as they worked together.
^^
the staff team luvs u
Discovery
04-06-2021, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2021, 02:30 AM by Aso. Edited 1 time in total.)
"Even us predators can do little when challenges by their horns." Though her trick could not be useful outside of the territory, for the deer would know not to stray far. When their home has been these forests for generations, they knew where to always return. An immortal compass, just as the birds fly north for the winter, and the critters hibernate for the winter.. With home to know, she would always have an advantage.

"Mercenaries for hire, I will keep that in mind, Vengeance of Night Walkers." Even more so, it was just how she liked it. A Queen rarely should get her paws dirty, but there have been many times where she had to. Those sins alone cling to her pelt.

+1 Discovery Points

the staff team luvs u
04-07-2021, 12:42 AM
^^
“I cannot argue with you there.” He admitted freely. Though they had teeth and claws, should a stampeding herd of horns and hooves come their way, Vengeance had no doubt even he would move out of their way. To be impaled by ivories was not a way he preferred to go and it was not an uncommon hunting incident.

“Is there anything else you would like to touch upon before I take my lovely medic and leave within the next day?” And there it was, his timeline. Time would now tick down until the guardian of these woods would move onto the next, leaving Elkshire to protect its own and gain its own distinct strength without him.
^^
the staff team luvs u
04-07-2021, 01:18 AM
"There is nothing else - all I can do is wish your endeavors well." Célnes overtime noticed that the two rarely spoke in circles and often to the mount, usually having little to no 'pleasantry' talks. She didn't mind though, finding it rather nice the constant need to preform fake pleasantries of a conversation. Not the man would ever, she had seen his atrocities and how.. Barbaric he is in general. The need of a nobility in persona seemed to matter little.

fade?

the staff team luvs u
04-07-2021, 01:50 AM
^^
With nothing left in their meeting, the two would split ways as quickly as they met. “I will visit as soon as my claim is solidified. Farewell until then.” Was all he had to add before heading back out into the greening woods for his original plan of the day. Within a month or so he would soon visit these woods once more, this time with a new crown atop his head - a new title to brandish and plans to offer the King of these woods. For now, they were both none the wiser as to what fate had for them in the near future... how their paths would screw and take them in different directions despite how both to them had once worked together here in the Elk's woods.
^^
Fade!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top