Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write, though the game also rewards high activity
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • Writing is collaborative, and so is our supportive community
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Guidebook!

P
You lose yourself when the wind flows through your hair,

Morning Partly Cloudy
P
There was more faces within the Golden Glade, some by coincidence, some by her welcoming, and others by accidents. She knew not if @Klaus planned to stay around but did not mind his presence, and welcomed it as though. Although a clear bias may be so as she found herself attracted to such a wayfaring man, and yet.. An eye glanced toward an individual through accidents, one she found herself blushing within the cheek for the sheer reasoning of — Uriel was embarrassed.

@Lore brought her to 'home,' although within her groggy and painful state she was rather pitiful with giving directions and taking time. She apologized to him throughout the journey, maybe just a few more times then what was needed, but as she started to gain a better sense.. Her guilt started to ease up and embarrassed how she presented herself. Although Uriel limped lightly through the forest, nothing was broken, but painfully bruised.

She felt her paws grow warm and heat to her cheeks thinking how much she leaned on him. She perhaps enjoyed his presence far more then she should've, especially with a stranger ; but how she wallowed in the need of comfort of so. Maybe desperate, Uriel was, the desire of comfort another and the safety net of those around.. She was selfish. She didn't want any of them to leave, much less the horse like @Strawberry and fears the day that @Khadne would decide to leave, or even worse.. She tried not to think about it.

Sometimes when she would be alone, she would greatly desire his side — to feel warm again. He was the only individual thus far as she truly been close to in terms of bodies, for naturally.. She often kept others at an arms length away. In a fear of being hurt, in the fear that friendship being taken away ; she still dreaded, the day her home too, would be taken.

But nonetheless she could not take such a gratitude, and sought the man.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Lorcan had traveled here, not by choice, but by being dutifully bound to @Uriel to bring her home. He had to admit, it was quite the lustrous place. There was a layer of hedges that covered the entrance to the glade, hiding everything in between. It was a sheltered place.

It felt like a hollowed home, perfect for almost anything. A hideaway from the rest of the world. He could understand why anyone would want to stow away here; he found himself longing for something like it, too. 

Lorcan didn't have a home. Or rather, he chose not to. Settling down somewhere to call his own was not nearly on his agenda of things to do, but neither was bringing home a blonde maiden at his willing service either. Many things had changed in the past few days. 

He hadn't felt the desire to leave per-se. Lorcan would be exploring. He'd found his way to different river streams, lapping at the cool water, then traversing through to hunt and critter-watch. He'd found himself missing his little Pika friend, but that was alright. The man didn't know why he stayed.

Today would be the day that he would leave, for sure. Most definitely. He would be on his way out...

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 51012192_jncvg49JtrKdZiS.png]
3-3-3
Adventurer
She never did get close enough look at him ; her adventure that day was perhaps too exciting, drawn in by the charisma of another and the downfall, of a literal fall. He was a very tall man, towering over her but wasn't a giant, he wasn't like an ogre and had a charm to him she'd admit, as any girl would blush at so. Although perhaps found herself a bit too much in vulnerable positions with him, and the best that Uriel could do was give her gratitude.

She approached, a shy smile to her face with a short greeting, unaware of his attempts of desire to explore elsewhere. She'd most likely be saddened to hear so, even if they'd just met. It's hard to have friends to pin down, to see some — maybe it was selfish, a slight desperation of a woman with no one, "Lore," her tail swayed lightly.

"I want to once more express my thank you for bringing me back to the Golden Glade," she refrained from calling it a home this time., "is there anyway I could repay you?" although she had nothing, she could fish.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
Lorcan was about to impede from the landing, about to high tail out of the brush but a soft voice caught the coil of his ear, making him turn backward. He pivoted on his heel, facing the blonde wolf who interrogated him.

He heard his name, and his ears flickered. "Uriel," he'd return the greeting. She was still beautiful, regardless of the tumultuous fall that she took. Her tail swayed side to side; she was happy to see him? Why?

"Please," he'd shake his head, rejecting her offer. "It was my fault that you got hurt." Lorcan was evidently nervous as he looked over his shoulder, briefly disconnecting their eye contact, but looking back at her. She looked enamored by him, almost desperately wanting him to stay. He didn't know if he was making that up. Maybe he wanted it to be true— he didn't know. 

"No, no. I insist, it was the least that I could do for you." I'd rather do much more, the words almost spilled from his tongue but he refrained. He held his tongue on this, biting it until it bled.

the staff team luvs u
3-3-3
"Oh no.. That was on me.. I wasn't careful enough." She knew at heart it was her fault ; falling for such a charisma without checking what was around. Without even a headstart to go forward as well, and simply diving with a thought and an open-heart. It wasn't the first time she found herself within a tricky situation, and most likely will not be the last.. Uriel knew she could blame no one besides herself. It seemed every time she left the Glade, there was trouble upon the wind. Her luck was just not well.

At the very least, it made her meet a few individuals that she enjoyed.

"I can offer uhm, perhaps fish.. or show around the plains more,"
her eyes trailed beyond, he stood at the edge and looked to be facing out out he turned to her. Like a light-bulb her eyes dimmed lightly, realizing he was most likely on his way, "if you're leaving too, be careful — there's a lot of, not-so good wolves south and territorial horses." Her ears tugged back lightly, flattening remembering the red terror down below, and the thoughts of the horses running around.. Although some were relatively nice, she didn't wish for them to cause grief against others.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
She had a kind heart, Lorcan could assume that much. She wanted nothing more than to be feeble and loved; it reminded him faintly of someone he once knew, and an oddity along with it struck his heart narrowly. 

"I'm not a fan of fish," he'd making a face, tongue sticking out of his mouth in disgust. "But I'll take you up on that tour." he'd smirk lightly, approaching her. His gait was amiable, swaying his broad shoulders, her scent engulfing him. The more he was around her, the more it seemed to linger on his coat. 

The verbose truth was: is that he didn't mind it all that much. She wasn't annoying, at least yet, and seemed to be kind, docile. He liked that. 

What he didn't like was the way her eyes dimmed as if the light was leaving them, and how her ears had flattened. He was upsetting her. "I'm not leaving—" he'd quickly retort, his own ears flattening in response. He thought that it was her becoming allured to his personality, but it might just be the very opposite. He didn't know much about the plains, and he wasn't really in the sight-seeing operation when he was focusing on her, only on her, on his trek back to her home. 

Right. This was her home. She had called it a home, but now she referenced it as the Golden Glade. Interesting— he wondered if it was her who had named it. It reminded him of her. Bright, part of the sun, beautiful.

the staff team luvs u
3-3-3
"I hope i'm not keeping you," although Uriel was more then pleased as shown by her tail lightly swinging low, but she would hope she was not pulling him back. Very much did she understood the loner-life and the lust for adventure, as she too held that once firmly. Yet.. It was scary, admittingly, and more then ever did she start to hesitate going into unknown places, even though she could see some oddities within a distance. .. She saw the forest within the desert over yonder, but forcibly tore her curious gaze away days ago, and stored the thought at the back of her head.

"There's a lot to see in the plains.. Although lately it seems many are claiming the territories around." As her paw pointed down south, within the large distance, where if most likely the two ventured further, they'd see the land of where the castle stood, and next to it where a new pack emerged of an unknown name. She hoped the cat clan and wolf pack were at least at peace.

"Is there anywhere in particular you are interested in?"
As she dedicated herself to be a tour-guide of sorts, her ears flickered and looked to him. His eyes held a gold, although she did not notice.. There seemed to be flecks of other colors within them ; a slight difference within the gold that matched her pelt. Uriel blinked lightly while looking.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top