Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Nothing hurts.

Sunrise Fog
AW
Demonia Empire
Formation
06-20-2022, 10:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 11:20 AM by Hel. Edited 2 times in total.)
[Image: c47fcff314e1edda36524c33a23051aa.gif]
Everybody is welcome though I'm going to let Reign reply before I post a second time.

It was quiet save for the trickling of the streams around her. Somehow she'd ended up washed ashore some strange distant lands. Alone. Her head hurt, it hurt so bad. She remembered it all, the rain and the fear, the sounds of the screams as she fell and the waves. Her heart clenched and ached as she remembered everything. Her eyes stayed shut, squeezed tightly as her head throbbed waves of memories and longing, her heart beating agonizing heartache and loneliness. Momma... Hel whimpered pitifully, her body shuddering from the morning cold.

Her body was small and lithe, the girl hasn't grown to her full form so she was still small, she wasn't starved as her family had once taken wonderful care of her and her pelt had once been a shining rust. That beautiful coat of spilled wine was stained along the tip of her small tail to the crest of her head, spreading over her facial features like spilled ink, carving an inky skull mask over her face. The fur along her spine, though short, was spiky and stood straight up like spines, never settling no matter how hard mother had tried.

She lay in the shallows of the stream, unable to move from the pain and weakness, clenching her eyes shut. The tiny hellbeast didn't want to open them, afraid of what she might find. So the girl just lay there, unmoved by anything but the waves pushing her further onto the shore then tickling her toes once it could barely reach her anymore. What felt like hours later she finally opened her petals to reveal lilac cores that scanned across the surroundings with fear and awe.

She had somehow ended up in a large area, she was surrounded by stones covered in a mossy growth that stretched upwards. Lucky for her she didn't wash ashore further up, her ears were filled with the rushing of the waterfall a good few feet from her, and everything further then that was covered by fog. Hel shivered and shuddered, her wet pelt bringing the cold deep down through her fur to her skin and chilling her to the bones. It was scary here, there were so many strange sounds, sights, and everything was masked by the grey demons that filled the air.

Help... she squeaked again on the new lands. Her throat sore from the harsh water and the screaming before the fall, she coughed a little and some water came up with a pained groan as she flipped her head down onto the shore between her paws and clenched her eyes tightly again. Praying to the gods and goddesses that she would make it through the morning alive.

@Reign
the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-30-2022, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 10:31 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Reign had been moody lately, after the disagreement with her brother about the pregnancy she’d been extra aggressive with everyone. On top of that she was so tired of being pregnant, she was very ready to have these babies born already. As it would make her life much easier as far as ruling and patrols. She hadn’t been out since she’d brought Creole home with her.

So today the heavily pregnant was stalking around like an absolute menace. The power of her rage just radiating off her. She was stalking through the Hireath as she made her way outside the entrance. She stretched and began a very light jog towards the streams the fed the Hireath’s waterfall. Maybe she’d find some fish to snack on.

She took her time, making sure to squat and pee along the border of her home, marking it more as she went about her way. She only stopped when she’d reached her destination. Looking down at the water she watched for fish, and she finally spotted a few big ones. She was just about to lunge for one when she head a small voice. A child’s voice wishing her home, one that didn’t belong here. And her fur bristled and she turned towards the voice and began stalking towards it.

“Help…”

Reign stopped just before the child. Noting how small and frail it looked, would her own children look like this one? It looked almost dead, the only sign of life being their sides rising and falling with air. Still reign was furious. How had the child made it past her patrols. Something she would be noting to “speak” with her people about later. But her small amount of maternal instincts pushed past her anger and hormonal issues and she grabbed the small child by it’s scruff and began walking back towards her home.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
Demonia Empire
Formation
06-30-2022, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 11:20 AM by Hel. Edited 4 times in total.)
Lol oops sorry I'm not sure why that happened like that lol

Everything was still. The water had softened it's rage and turned them to smooth tempos as they locked at her heels. Her ears, her nose, they were both filled with water, but through the muffled sounds in her head and the lack of smell she was still able to pick up the scent of a female, hear her heavy footsteps as they came closer and closer. She couldn't do more then shift her red head towards the sound, a squeak came out where words were meant and she let out a heavy exhale in what little frustration she could muster.

Suddenly the woman was upon her, almost literally, as she gazed at the pup with anger. What had she done? Was it bad she fell? Had mother or father sent word of her disappearance? Was this stranger cross with her for slipping and worrying them so much? She whimpered pitifully as she stared at the pregnant woman before her who scowled with such displeasure. Suddenly the ground was ripped from under her waterlogged form, lithe soggy body swinging from the woman's jowls.

In a strange way it was almost comforting but at the same time she was so scared, she was so tired. She tried to struggle but it was absolutely useless and all she managed was a small swing from the woman's jaws. Hel could see nothing in the fog surrounding them, but she could feel sharp teeth clenched on her scruff and the hot breath underneath them. She gave up fighting it and went completely limp, Where...? She asked her captor. Hoping she'd get something other then the angry sounds coming from her throat

@Reign
the staff team luvs u
Formation
07-01-2022, 06:13 PM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 10:31 AM by Reign. Edited 1 time in total.)
Reign ignored the child’s struggles to get out of her jaws. She just kept walking, the child swinging from her mouth as she navigated through the fog that was thick around them. Had she not known where she was she would have likely fallen to her death into the Hireath. 

Where...? 

Reign’s ears twitched at the sound of the child’s voice. It was obvious to her now that it was a little girl she had clutched by the scruff. But still she said nothing. She was more focused on getting the child and herself back safely within the Hireath. 

Reign picked up her pace as she made her way to the entrance of Demonia. She could smell the others stronger here , it’s how she knew where she was. As she stepped through the hidden entrance away from the thick fog she blinked a bit. 

She didn’t put the child down, instead she looked up toward her den then back toward the common dens. Debating where she should take this child… with a small huff she began making her way up to her den. 

Once she safely made it up to her ledge. And walked swiftly made her way to her den. Once she was safely inside, she sat the child down. Her purple eyes looking over the frame of the small child before she finally spoke. 

“You child, are in Demonia. My Home, and My Empire” She noticed how wet the child still was. 

“Come now, I’ll offer my kindness only this once, So I suggest you take it. Because tomorrow, we will be discussing quite a bit“  With the the woman laid down and Motioned for the child to come and curl up with her so that they may sleep, and the child might warm herself.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
Demonia Empire
Formation
07-13-2022, 11:33 AM (This post was last modified: 07-14-2022, 11:21 AM by Hel. Edited 2 times in total.)
I'm sorry, I've been in a ton of pain these last few days I totally meant to get this up sooner.

Also I hope it's okay I referred to Demonia like that? Pretty sure it was but if not I can change it.

*Fades out*

The female listened as best she could through the rushing waves that brought her to this place. This woman who now carried her semi-roughly from her jowls. The tiny frame swinging limply from her mouth like a body, and that's what the red femme felt, like a carcass being carried to slaughter.

“You child, are in Demonia. My Home, and My Empire” This woman announced almost as if Hel was now her captor, not that the striped wolf would argue at this point, and Reign continued, “Come now, I’ll offer my kindness only this once, So I suggest you take it. Because tomorrow, we will be discussing quite a bit“ She would take anything but death at this point. She just wanted to live.

Hel shuddered with a breeze that rolled across the lands, but underneath that chill along her spine from the cold was a fear she wouldn't go back. Go back home to her mother and father, her brothers and sisters, the nannies and guards, they were gone. She felt hot water spring to her eyes as she started to cry. Never again would she lay her eyes on their pelts and features. They were but a memory that would soon fade with new pelts and features, replaced and forgotten.

She didn't want to forget but at three months she was intelligent, and she knew reality, and the reality of the situation was they were gone. And she felt herself sob silently, dangling from teeth and tongue, shaking as she released what she could. Maybe if she let it all out now it would be done, and the best way to find out was to experiment. So she did.

As they entered the place she would now call home, The Demonian Empire, she released all old and turned to embrace the new. She had to adapt, if she didn't she would die. The tiny lithe girl would learn to love this place with it's rocks and crags, it's many layers, the waterfall and pools of mirrors she would break in her time.

@Reign
the staff team luvs u
07-15-2022, 08:04 PM
Reign laid down in her home. Ignoring the child as she attempted to get herself comfortable. Which with the children with him her moving around, made it nearly impossible. She huffed in annoyance. But continued to wiggle until she was finally in a position that would allow her rest. 

“Come now child. Sleep for the night. And in the morning we can discuss your fate. “ she motioned for the child to either sleep where she was. To use reign for a heat source. 

With that the pregnant woman closed her eyes and began to sleep.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Demonia Empire
Formation
07-17-2022, 12:07 AM

She was plopped gently on the floor of the strangers den. She watched the woman shift and stretch as she tried to find a comfortable position, Hel cocked her head to the right in slight confusion before coming to the conclusion that her uncomfortable grunting was due to her large belly. Hel opened her eyes wide in surprise az she watched the woman's belly shift and stretch on its own, the girl was a bit put off by the demon skin but she was brought from her jeebied stare be a sudden shiver.

It ripped through her like a wave and she felt her entire body chatter and shake like she was possessed. She would no longer deny the invitation from the woman, and by now she felt comfortable saying that she would be dead by now if the woman were out for wolf flesh. So she skittered and twitched across to Reign, in an attempt to walk normally, and laid down against her warm body.

She felt like the woman's form almost absorbed her, and she was reminded of her mom. How soft and warm she was. How the beating of her heart, much like this woman's, wod soothe her to sleep every night, and she hoped Reign too would allow her that pleasure, to be soothed to sleep every night by the thumping against her cranium.

She felt another single tear fall from her lilac eyes before she closed them and nuzzled close to the large viscountess. Sleep soon enveloping her too.

@Reign
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top