Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
after the storm

Morning Partly Cloudy 54° F
P
Adventurer
Formation
Labyrinthian
06-20-2022, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 07:50 PM by Nike.)
The windchill of the morning gales had run through Nike's coat, bristling the tuffs of fur against her cheeks. It was colder today yet her fur didn't support such a gust. 

"Blasted cold," she would utter, teeth chittering together before she clamped her mouth shut. She'd pace around the ruins, the breaking columns of cement coated with thick moss that made her sniff around, getting a feel for the area.

She could smell the scent of a pack. Or at least a group of sorts. She wondered with intrigue, ears flickering for a potential response.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-20-2022, 08:05 PM
 Rising with the pale and fragile sun, Madmortigan patrolled his borders with a calm and peaceful air of duty. He was rewarded by the sudden appearance of another. 

Interest made the Harbinger's tail twitch, his ears flicking in the dewy dawn fog. “It is unseasonable chilly today, isn't it?” He asked by way of greeting, not wanting to startle the stranger. 

“You are within claimed lands, Miss. How can I be of service to you?”

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
Formation
Adventurer
06-20-2022, 08:16 PM
The sound of another's voice caught in her ear. The woman turned, elegant in her step, mane of fur falling gracefully over her cheeks. Her hooded indigo eyes peered at the man, tall and unforgiving stature, that made her coo. 

"Indeed it is," she'd say wearily, but looked at him like he was a bite to eat. Her tail would sway side to side as she took a few steps closer to the male, her lean physique elongating in a progressive manner. 

"I had a feeling they were." His calm demeanor caught her gaze. Held it for a little longer. She liked it. "I'm looking for a home. A good one, at that." She would circle him once, sizing him up, seeing if he was worthy. Nike carried herself with deep admiration. High regard. "Would you be able to provide something...like that?" Her voice was melodic, entrancing, as she gave him a half-wit smile.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
06-20-2022, 08:21 PM
 “Then the Wolf has brought you here for a reason.” He replied, pleased to have one so eager and forthright about her desires. 

“I believe there can be no better home than Labyrinthian, but I admit I'm a biased man.” Flashing her a smile, all charm. “Tell me of your interests, your skills.” 

Duty-bound to serve wolf-kind, Madmortigan was apt to take strays off the street, but all the better if they could provide.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Adventurer
06-20-2022, 08:32 PM
Nike had no choice but to be forthright with him. It's who she was. A woman would get no further in this world if she hadn't worn what she wanted upon her very chest. He was glad she had asked of her talents— she would have been weary if he had just...let her walk right in. 

"Knowledge. Patterns. Anything of the sort— a man taught me very young how to analyze patterns and remember them." Nike would stand straight, her smile mimicking his own. "I remember it all."

Her memory was clean cut. Sharp. It was simply photographic. Every moment of Nike's life was visualized and manifested into real desires. However, she could not dream. She was cursed, but also blessed with dreamless nights, only being left with the surplus of information she had gathered the night before.

the staff team luvs u
Formation
Visionary
06-20-2022, 08:43 PM
 “A rare and wonderful talent to be sure.” He mused with a slight raise of his eyebrows. The woman carried herself with a level of entitlement befitting royalty. He admired those wolves who were already aware of their own divinity. It made things simpler. 

“If a home is what you are searching for then a home is what you will find in Labyrinthian. We believe all wolves are God. We live our righteous truth by fulfilling our full potential. There is no room for laziness, idleness, or apathy here. We are a pack of knowledge seekers who wish to shape the world and lift up our wolven brothers and sisters.”

He leveled her with a steady gaze. “Will you join us?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Adventurer
Formation
06-20-2022, 08:57 PM
Nike listened to the man speak. He spoke with such a charm, such a captivation that she could not help but listen. His words struck her, struck her hard, that she could indeed expedite her talents here. She had many, after all, and not just her photographic memory.

His terms were simple. Nike hated laziness. She hated the bums who fed off the bottom of the deep end, those who refused knowledge above all else. There was an undeniable gait that stood between them, and the unknown. She wanted to take that step. Further her path.

"With pleasure," she'd confirm, her voice thick with promise and sultry.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top