Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
I feel alive inside

P
06-17-2022, 10:43 PM
For @"Lorcan Altaire"

The woman had broken off for a moment away from @Esmeray, taking a few moments to herself. She didn't mind traveling with him but sometimes she did enjoy time to herself. So, she had told him that she would be back and headed west a bit, not really having a direction in mind. Her mind wondered as she walked, eyes and ears keeping a watch out for anything around her. She wasn't hiding herself and hoped to run into someone. While walking alone was fun, meeting new creatures and maybe having some fun was always something she could get with.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
[Image: 54091791_gsYy8w7bxtnll9X.png]
Adventurer
06-18-2022, 10:26 PM
The man, broad and toned, decided to meet's end and take a break, basking in the sunlight that reigned over the sunken heights. His body was sprawled in the grass, outstretched and monstrous in his prime glory. 

Lorcan had no intent of getting hefty today, not inert desire to throw himself at another individual, but if they approached him...why, he would be quite the gentlemen. Heavens no, would he actually go out of his way to speak to someone, but alas...he was indeed the attractive male. He didn't need another to tell him that, but you know, it is nice to hear. 

What surprised him, was a little Pika that began to sniff around his coat.

It approached his muzzle, smelling his nose, to which he responded by blowing a puff of air out of his nostrils to scare it. The little thing squeaked, and ran for his paws. It climbed onto him, his fur soft and warm, ascending itself on the top of his back. He let it do so as it wasn't bothering him.

He imagined it laid down, curling itself on him, maybe even sprawling wide like he had to get some of the suns rays.

the staff team luvs u
06-19-2022, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 06-19-2022, 10:18 PM by Misoka.)
The woman had catch the sound of something moving, ears turning as she glanced around. It didn't take her long to find the man laying not too far away from her, a small creature running through his fur. For a moment, she was confused as to what was happening, but after a few moments, she would settle herself down to watch them, letting out a soft chuckle. 

"Someone seems to like your fur." She chuckled softly as she spoke, watching him for a moment with a curious expression. He was quite handsome and Misoka would lie if she said that wasn't the only reason she spoke up to him. However, she wasn't going to tell him that. The woman was very vain and wouldn't deny that, only really wanting to be around those that were as attractive as she was. 

For now though, she would sit herself down not too far away from him, curling her tail around herself slightly.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
Adventurer
06-22-2022, 08:12 PM
Lorcan almost jumped out of his skin at the sound of another behind him, his head jolting upward. The little Pika did the same, mimicking his action, but made no effort to move. The man would laugh, seeing that it was a woman of ginger fur, before laying back down. "He's quite odd. He's not afraid of me at all." 

His attention would shift from the little Pika up to the woman who looked down at him. "Do you want to join me in the sun, darling, or would you rather gawk at me and my little friend all day?" He'd question, playfully as such.

Lorcan would swish his tail on the open space beside him, encouraging her to sit. She could if she wanted to, but if she had no qualms that were certainly okay too. "Come closer, amore, I don't bite." He'd utter, watching her curl far beside him.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
06-23-2022, 03:14 PM
As the man, and the creature on him, jumped at her voice, she had to stifle a giggle, watching him with bright eyes. Shaking her head with a chuckle, she would relax herself, watching the two of them. "Well, perhaps he finds you as interesting as I do." There certainly was no beating around the bush when it came to her flirting. 

What she wasn't expecting though, was for him to openly invite her over. With a small smile, she would nod. "Id enjoy that." Hearing his comment about biting, she would smirk slightly. "Perhaps I'd like a nibble." With that, she walked over, moving to lay down next to him. If he didn't move away, she would lay against him with her back pressed against him.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
Adventurer
06-28-2022, 11:05 PM

Lorcan's ears perked, flickered at her soft giggle and confession of words. "Yeah?" He'd retort, finding it funny how she called him interesting. Maybe he was with his little rodent friend sitting on his ribcage, but he merely ignored the thought. 

As she laid against him, he didn't mind. The little Pika looked to him, mouth agape with those big black eyes, then back to her. He thought it was the funniest thing, but he held his tongue with laughter. The Pika left his ribcage, and rummaged up the side of his neck fur to lay on his nape. The male let him do so; he wasn't bothering anybody.

Lorcan hummed at her return to his comment. He wasn't in the mood for heavy flirting, he supposed. His body was exhausted after carrying @Uriel up the mountain and a piece of his mind still lingered with her. Ah, well, whatever. 

"Do you have a name, cara mia?" His voice was deep, gruff, but full of question.

cara mia — my darling

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
08-26-2022, 06:31 PM
She was rather content watching the two of them, noticing how the little creature seemed very happy to be where he was. Not that Misoka was going to bother him, he had found the man rather comfy and warm, something that she would second as she laid there next to him. She was a little shocked that the man hadn't moved away, but she didn't say anything about it, only turning her head to look up at him. As he asked about her name, she would offer him a smile before speaking up. 

"I'm Misoka Takamitsu. And who are you?" She would sniff at him slightly, catching his scent in a way to remember him. Whenever they ended up parting ways, she wanted to be able to meet up with him again. Perhaps they could become friends at some point. Of course, she wanted to learn more about him first.

the staff team luvs u
  • Common
  • Polish
  • French
Adventurer
09-03-2022, 04:01 AM
 Her body against his own was a comfort all on its own. Lore simply wanted to rest is all— he didn't want any trouble there about. This land wasn't claimed, so where was the harm? There simply wasn't any. As long as she didn't touch the little Pika, he didn't mind. 

"A pleasure, Misoka." Lore would say quietly, and lazily. "Lore." He'd give her a brief nod of acknowledgement before letting his head lay back down against the soft patch of grass. 

There was an all-encompassing silence that he didn't mind. If she wanted to stay, he wouldn't make her leave.

we can end here if ya want!

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top