Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Flowers Falling all around Me

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
AW
06-11-2022, 11:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 11:52 AM by Seręndipity. Edited 1 time in total.)
 Slumber, it was a peaceful and openly welcomed thing, yet as the sun rose, so did Seręndipty, stub-tail flicking as she stood and stretched her lanky, thin limbs. Perfect for running, though not so strong when it came to the sharp jaws of predators. Not to dwell on, though, the doe ruffled her fur and gave a small yawn, blinking her tired, beady eyes as she stepped forwards; left hoof, right hoof, left, right. 

Bee-lining towards a small, spindly apple tree, Seręndipity was focused on a ruby-red apple, around the size of her eye. It was small, but it looked so good, and the doe couldn't help but be allured by it's gorgeous hue. Closing the gap between her and the fruit, Seręndipity easily got to the meal in a few strides of her long legs, jaws parting so she could pluck the apple off the tree.

Taking the stem in her blunt teeth, the doe placed the fruit down, beginning to chew away. The juice was sweet, almost like honey, and it was also a little tart in some parts. A perfect morning snack, though with such a sugary breakfast she'd have to have something a bit more savoury later. Luckily, she lived in a whole field of plain and simple grass, so who would want anything different?

This little doe was living the good life.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated. Will not have anything graphic happen to her in any way that I can consent, though if it can't be stopped, I will still have her try to escape.

She's my baby :(
06-11-2022, 10:08 PM
 She was away from her herd, wandering a bit further than normal from the safety of numbers. There was a sweet smell that lured her closer and closer to a tree that she could see. Warily, she would keep an eye on her environment, making sure that no predators were around to ambush her. Her heart hammered in her chest as she realized how vulnerable she was when she was alone... that blind spot directly behind her...

She didn't expect anyone in front. 

She could see another now, who had been hidden by the hill. She stopped staring, ready to bolt... until she realized it was a doe!

She released a breath that she didn't realize she'd been holding. Ah... doe. They were fine. Deer were like horses. Predated on everything...

She hoped the other didn't mind company. 

She stepped closer, rehearsing what she wanted to say in her mind until she was close enough to speak. She took a breath and then asked timidly, "Uhm, i-is it okay if I eat the appes here, t-too?" She didn't want to intrude upon the other's space if it would 'cause her any upset. Hopefully she could make a friend today.

the staff team luvs u
06-11-2022, 10:31 PM

Still eating her apple, the little doe quickly finished up, going to pluck another before a voice sounded behind her. With a skittish jump, Seręndipity bolted, hidden behind the tree until she noticed it was just another herbivore; A horse, unlike her.

"Oh, uh, sorry yes, of course!"

Giving a small, weary smile, Seręndipity came forwards from the tree again, tilting her head in an apologetic manner as her beady gaze softened. The thin doe almost wobbled on her thin legs, though with a bit more ease, she placed one hoof in front of the other, treading the grass between her and the horse and quickly closing the gap.

"Um, I'm Seręndipity, what's your name?"

She asked, coming to a quick halt from the beautiful blue-grey horse as her beady eyes studied their figure. Muscular, like all horses, at least compared to the does thin body. Powerful legs for running far distances, Seręndipity felt a twinge of jealousy, though she quickly stamped it down and replaced it with a kind smile instead.

the staff team luvs u
3-2-3 rated. Will not have anything graphic happen to her in any way that I can consent, though if it can't be stopped, I will still have her try to escape.

06-12-2022, 05:30 AM
 When the other jumped and bolted away, it made Strawberry feel like she should be bolting. She exhaled sharply through her nose and began to look around panicked, until she realized the only thing that had scared the doe had been herself. Oh, oh, that was a relief! "Th-thank-you! Sorry for scaring you..." She said with an apologetic smile as she forced herself to calm down. 

The other herbivore came towards her and Strawberry too would help close the gap between them by stepping forward. "Serendipity, that's a pretty name." She said shyly with a smile. Serendipity, a happy accident. It fit their meeting, actually. How she hadn't meant to stumble on another friendly creature but had. "My name's Strawberry. I live with my herd not too far from here." She'd been looking at the ground, searching for the perfect apple to munch on. She found it eventually and grabbed it in her mouth and pulled it from the ground. "Are you from around here?" She asked before breaking it apart in her teeth and feasting on the sweet fruit. Ah, it tasted wonderful!

It was nice to have someone to talk to, someone she didn't have to worry about, especially not when the other seemed just as timid as she did.

the staff team luvs u
06-12-2022, 05:55 AM

As the horse stammered, Seręn quickly calmed down. It wasn't that violent creatures wouldn't stutter, it was just that the chances were lower, and the doe felt more at ease around another herbivore, anyway, so what did it matter?
 The doe smiled as the horse closed the gap between them, and it seemed that it was okay to be friendly now.

"O-oh! Thank you, that's really sweet of you. Strawberry? I like your name, too!"

Seręndipity said with a smilie, analysing the horse with a soft gaze. Hm, their name didn't really suit their blue-grey pelt, but whatever, the doe didn't mind one bit. If someone introduces themselves to you, that makes you friends, right?
 WAIT- Strawberry lived in a herd? Well, with other horses, of course. No need to get excited, but, what if this little doe set up her own herd? Well, she'd have to meet some more deer, but maybe she could make it a reality..

"Oh, no, no, I'm not from around here in particular. I prefer to hang out at the watering hole, but I'm trying to look for more deer, maybe get a group started or something.."

Sure, maybe it was just wistful thinking, but it was a possibility. Maybe.. just maybe Seręn could find a nice man, settle down, have a fawn or two.. maybe make some friends along the way.. or maybe she could make a group with different herbivores, if she really had to. Surely elk and deer weren't so different? No carnivores, of course, the doe didn't feel like dooming her or anyone she considered a friend to certain death, but maybe some birds??
 Whatever works.

the staff team luvs u

06-14-2022, 11:32 PM
 How very sweet! The blue roan mare smiled bashfully, ducking her head demurely and saying a softspoken, "Th-thank-you." She felt so lucky to have found a nice doe here! A sweet doe with no tendencies to suddenly turn and attack or whisk her away forever. You know, those things that Renegade warned her might happen with rogue stallions. 

"Oh?" Strawberry wasn't sure she'd ever met a lone deer before. 

To be fair, she'd hardly met any deer at all. "Maybe you'd have luck in that direction. I think I've seen a herd or two over there." She pointed her nose across the river where there was a cluster of trees. Unknown to her, she was indicating Elkshire territory where lots of deer lived in peace. She'd seen those deer but had never been brave enough to introduce herself. 

"That would be real nice if you did. It's always good to see other groups like us around here." You know, the non-pointy-fanged kind. No offense to her pointy-fanged-friends, of course. "There's a lotta wolves around here... b-but some of them are surprisingly nice." Like Uriel. Who blessedly didn't eat meat. That was strange but definitely good.

the staff team luvs u
06-14-2022, 11:54 PM
wanna wrap it up soon? Might have Seręn travel over to Elkshire <3

The thin doe looked over to where Strawberry gestured towards, a patch of thick trees that made Seręndipity feel claustrophobic just looking at it. A small shiver running along her back, the doe attempted a shrug, tilting her head.

”Maybe.. I’m not sure. It looks like it’d be really dark there, with all the trees.. but, maybe it’d be good. I might go there, just to test it out. Would you want to come with me?”

They barely knew each other, but why not ask? If Strawberry wanted to come, she could, and if she didn’t, the little doe could just try to find some more friends as she journeyed. Maybe she’d find some wolves, nice wolves, like the horse storm-blue-grey horse suggested at.

Maybe. Hopefully.

the staff team luvs u

06-16-2022, 02:51 AM

Yup! Sounds good to me! We can have a new one near Elkshire.

Dark? Oh, yes, it did... didn't it? Strawberry wasn't all too sure about that. Dark and foreboding... fangs sneaking up to attack you from your blind spots... in the dark. She thought about it, growing increasingly more anxious about such thick woodlands. 

Would the tree roots reach up to entangle you? Trip you? Drag you down while something munched on your bones?! She hadn't thought of forests like that before... but the dense ones like that? She gulped. Growing steadily more nervous with each passing moment. 

"H-h-h-wh-what?" She blinked, snapping back to the present when Serendipity spoke to her. Go with her? Why, that sounded absolutely foolish! What if they were eaten?! She didn't want to be killed! No! Absolutely not! There was no way she'd go in there! Not for the most delicious carrots in the world! "S-s-s-s-sure. I'll g-g-go with you..." She stuttered out with a terrified smile. 

Why? Because it was her fault that the nice doe was going there and because she didn't want to be rude and say no. The herd would be fine without her for a little while, she would wander back afterwards. 

If she wasn't eaten by something...

She gulped and looked at those woodlands past the river. She hoped they couldn't find a way across.

the staff team luvs u
06-16-2022, 04:20 AM
I'll just say Seręn nodded and they went over, will tag you in Sleeping Doe's Range c:

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top