Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Tickle that cheek and take your throne,

Afternoon Partly Cloudy
Group Only
Dragonford Isles
06-10-2022, 05:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-10-2022, 05:57 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
before boar king arc.

OPTIONAL, but at the point it will be common knowledge. Wolves are free to comment or question Vendrussel's choice and even challenge for leadership if deem her unfit.

@Olympia-Elune @Kei @Altair @Ghost @Jun @Dreadnought @Dream @Belial @Vedette @Campion @Chasm

Vendrussel sighed, she hopped onto the cave that let her gain some height between others. She needed to, she needed to address them all of the tiredness that took over concerning the war and battles. Most if not all already knew the details that occurred, and so they had lost few, gained more, and in the midst of it all battles brewed. She howled, for any and all to hear of a summons for them to come forth.

The Alpha addressed the group, "No more," she started, "no more of bloodshed and a cycle of hate. A battle they started, but a war I brought. Yet even then it was my actions that did this group injustice, they attack all of you." Often the leader spoke for the group, but she wondered why they would continue attacking the wolves of the ford if they wanted her head. She knew not of their motives or tactics how they were going about it, but she knew at heart they would want her head most of all. The sounds of their roaring was still within her head, but the battle-heart drummed it's beat to her very soul.

"What had happened was not an accident, but an error in judgement. I regret it." She was open toward them all, quietly addressing with a strained smile, ocean eyes scanning toward them all for possible reactions. She raised her head, to the blue sky above, "and it is my sin to carry, none of yours." Then she turned to them all, and continued addressing.

"We will not participate in this war no longer. We will show them we will be left alone, and leave them alone. Those who stay with me, despite all that happened, I have no choice to ask more of you." Her paw gestured to the west, "we have friends distances away who vowed to try and help of this impossible solution. We can only hope that they bring good news." They were not alone. Though allies she could not call them, they were still in friendly relations. Vendrussel was making strides on building relationships to further their own peace.

"I ask of you all, even though this worsened due to my actions.. To heed my request. Those you find a Northfall wolves, minimize any damage. Bring them, walk them out of the beaches. Show a sign we want nothing to do with them, nor' will we, I cause more destruction. Though neither should show allow them to run us out ; just as they wanted to before all of this went down."

During these times she wondered whether The Ancients guided her to do this, or she missed the signs all together. Was she really deserving to be a leader? Should she have made a pack, for a claim of an island? Those thoughts were all too late, and she knew it ; tried not to think about it often. Those who stayed with her still counted on some kind of leadership, a balance as she brought members in and out and tried to further the guard on the ford. She had to act like one, to the best of her abilities.

So she tried, she lifted her head high to them all, and lightly so, bowed. To the enemies she would never, but to the wolves who trusted to her, she would gladly lower herself for her request, and for their continual loyalty.

"'I'm sorry."

the staff team luvs u
06-23-2022, 08:46 PM

One among the many that sat, Vedette watches Vendrussel pour her heart out. She had a small snippet of what happened between the child and her, back when she was baptized and born anew as the 'dusk dragon.' Molten orange eyes scan the crowd for any that might scowl with disgust. In her own heart, she knew what was done had to be done. Even if Ven regretted it, Vedette trusted her. She was the only thing Vedette knew, the only thing she could cling for familiarity. She hated the feeling, but knew, too, that she relied on the army in this way as well. A backbone for her efforts. Vedette did not move nor comment, as she watched the head of the dragon bow her own head and apologize. Her lips did not move, nor did her line of sight. She trusted her, even in an apology. 

short but i wanted to get her here for support!
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top