Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Slip Slidin' Away

Evening Thunderstorms
P
06-09-2022, 04:50 PM
For @Aarkron

The boy was tired from his normal exercise, something he did often as a way to take his mind off of things. Slowly he was turning into an exercise nut, running or working out almost every day now. However, the rain quickly began pouring down, which spurred him back home. 

As he entered the borders again, he started walking back to the den that he had claimed, only to stop when he heard rumbling near him. What was that? Looking up, he noticed a little too late that a rock slide was happening at the mountain face near him. With a startled yelp, he launched himself forward, hoping to get clear of the rocks and mud as if fell down. Thankfully, it didn't seem like a large enough landslide to take more than just a few yards, but he also had small legs.

the staff team luvs u
He does. He speaks. He thinks.
WARNING: 3-3-3 Character
Paladin
06-09-2022, 04:58 PM
With the rain beginning and thunder clapping in the skies above, it cut the Healing Paladin's day short as he wandered back into Northfall to take a rest in his den. He hadn't really had any time to find any good herbs or hunt before lightning flashed above, so he returned empty handed... and frustrated about that.

Minding his own damn business, it was the rumbling that caught his attention first, catching the sight of the falling rocks then the youngster who was running from it. Aarkron too jumped into action, not only to save his own skin, but also to push and pull the smaller whelp forward and out of danger. How many youths were there in Northfall anyway! He growled while aiming to grab the kid by the scruff and forcefully make him move faster, even if the kid's legs couldn't keep up, Aarkron would drag him if he had to and just deal with the scrapes and bruises later.

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 06:36 PM
The boy heard footsteps behind him, but barely got the chance to look around. Was something chancing him now too? This certainly wasn't his day. However, as teeth connected with his scruff, he let out a growl, though didn't fight it as it seemed they were pulling him away from the avalanche. So, he continued to rush forward, tripping a few times but for the most part keeping up with the man. 

It wasn't until they were out of the way of the rocks that he would shake himself, trying to get out of the man's grip. He hated being treated like a child even if the man did just save his life. "Thanks.." He muttered softly, not wanting to be rude but also not the kind to openly thank someone.

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
06-09-2022, 07:39 PM
The rushing snow and stone was right on their heels as he rushed the youth away. His own legs screamed with the extra weight he was carrying and his neck being craned one way while struggling to keep the grip on this growing brat's scruff was painful too - but at least they made it. Eventually, the two were out of danger and the whelp shook off Aarkron with a "thanks" that didn't sound as appreciative as the word should have come off as.

“If you wanted to be buried alive its not too late.” The man retorted with. Not liking the attitude he was given after risking his own damn skin for this brat. He didn't have to. It was the right thing to do that was for certain, but Northfall could lose a child and still survive - but losing an adult who was physically capable while they lacked the extra bodies... well... Aarkron logically would be the heavier loss for the pack.

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 09:45 PM
He had to stop himself from rolling his eyes at this man who clearly thought he was better than him. That annoyed him but at the same time, the man did just save him, so perhaps he did earn some respect. With a sigh, he would bite back a snarky remark and instead attempt to give the man a respectable nod. "Thank you... I don't know why you helped me, but thank you nonetheless." This pack was weird as shit to him, something he really didn't understand.

Looking over at the scarred man, he would cock his head to the side slightly, thinking for a moment before speaking. "Are you a fighter?" It sounded like a dumb question, but after meeting Harper, one couldn't really just assume that someone was a warrior if they were scarred or bulky, right?

the staff team luvs u
Paladin
06-12-2022, 11:00 PM
Don't know why you helped me, at this, the man rolled his eyes. Did this kid really not know how young he was? The role of adults and children in a wolf society? Whatever, he wasn't goig to sit here and argue with some brat. In fact, he was going to go on his merry way until the kid spoke up. Asking the dragonborn if he was a fighter.

“When I need to be.” The words were chilled. He looked more of a fighter than he was of a healer, that much Aarkron was aware of. “I prefer to heal wounds these days as opposed to inflicting them... why?” Why did it matter to the kid who didn't seem interested at all in the pale man before?

the staff team luvs u
06-14-2022, 07:32 PM
The  boy was very much confused, cocking his head to the side as the scarred man spoke of being a healer. This was two battle worthy wolves that actually did the opposite. For a moment he would think before giving a small, lopsided smile. "If you're a healer, will you help me with something?" He seemed rather excited about it, his ear twitching slightly. He looked around for a moment as he wondered if anyone else could hear him. It seemed they were only only ones around, which was good. Levi didn't want his personal information going around like that. 

Turning back to the man, he would speak softly. "I want to give a girl a flower, something to show her that I'm not interested in war anymore." Which was a lie as the boy trained on his own almost every day. But she didn't need to know that. "But I don't want to accidently choose something poisonous." He wouldn't be able to take it if he accidently killed her.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
06-17-2022, 03:42 PM
He had no reason to be suspicious of the boy's intentions. When asked to help the kid with something, Aarkron only stood in silence as he waited for the kid to continue. While the young man looked around, Aarkron only kept his eyes on him... patiently waiting for whatever it was to be asked before he would accept the request or deny it.

The request was just to find a flower. Innocent and simple enough. “I can.” So he had no reason to turn his back on the boy. “Is there a specific colour you had in mind? A smell?” It would help them narrow down what to look for - well that is if the boy had any idea of what he wanted or just something in general... to which Aarkron would just pick one of his own favourite flowers and hope the girl in question would think it as beautiful as he did.

Squabbling youngsters, if it helped bring peace to them and to the pack, why not spend a little time picking the perfect peace offering.

the staff team luvs u
06-17-2022, 07:53 PM
The boy's ears perked up as he heard the man's response. So he would help. However, the question had him fumbling. How was he supposed to know?! Were men supposed to know about flowers and scents and crap like that? He thought for a moment about voicing his annoyance, but one look at the man made him think twice. He was pretty sure the man would kill him if he said something like that. So, instead, he sighed and shook his head. "I have absolutely no clue. All I know is some flowers are good, some are bad. And I know that giving flowers to a girl will show you like her." He looked up at the man, confused and stressed. 

For a moment, he thought twice about it, wondering if Amata was even worth it. He had kind of been avoiding her lately but in his defense, she hadn't come looking for him either! Still, he wanted to get her something and that was the only thing he could think of. Well, other than fresh kill or the pelt of another but he was pretty sure she would be mad at him for that.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
08-18-2022, 07:57 PM
We can end this here if you like! Sorry it took so long 8')

Of course the boy had no clue on what he wanted to bring this mysterious girl in mind. So the medic sighed. Tossing his head to one side and looking out to where the nearby field of flowers was. Obviously that is where they would be heading next, but thankfully with all his time spent there looking for herbs and avoiding certain members of Northfall - Aarkron already had an idea of what to pick.

“Come, we'll go fetch some.” Along the way he would explain what they were looking for - not wanting to do all the work for this kid and instead would simply assist him. Describing two flowers that should look nice in a small bouquet. Tall Jacob's Ladder, little blue and white flowers on long green stems - as well as Fireweed. Another tall flower but with purple and pink flowers pointed to the top. Non-toxic, with no real medical use for him to cry over when handing it over to rot in some girl's den, they were perfect.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top