Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
And we can be Like we're breathin' fire

Sunset
P
Medic
06-08-2022, 11:16 PM
For @Vira

Oof this place was hot. It teetered on being too warm for even Leo to handle as she bathed in the waters of the oasis she had found while wandering the sun-heated sand. Golden strands of fur floated in the still, cool waters while the setting sun illuminated the skies and the scattering of clouds with warm red and golden hues as it disappeared beyond the distant dunes.

Dipping her toes into the water it felt amazing. The chill of the water wasn't as deep as the ones in the wooded areas but in comparison to the burning sands, it was heaven. It was possible she would get a few blisters from the heated sand against her paws, but this would help... that and some herbs she could rustle up back in Greenwood whenever she returned there from her little adventure away.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: iHjjjrB.gif]
06-09-2022, 01:12 AM
Meeting him had been her first mistake. The large male of white. His features would not leave the visage of her subconscious and it pissed her off to no end.

How dare he think she would be one of his little flings?

Vira growled lowly at the words spoken to her retreating form. "I'll watch you walk away for now, but I promise you that one of these nights, I will wake with you by my side." She scoffed. He really thought he would have her under him. Only in the dreams when he slept.

Shaking her head, she continued along the sandy desert. The tan surface seemingly going on forever. Until a smell caught her attention. Why was Leo so far from home? And, here no less. She knew the heat affected her as much as it did Virgo. So, the thought the woman being here made her curious.

Entangled with Leo, though, came the promise of water. To soak her back leg a bit in the coolness sounded absolutely Devine as the appendage showed slow signs of healing. Yet, the sharp pains that shot through it still lingered.

As the golden sun kissed woman came into view, Vira let out a soft bark. Walk limping a bit faster to reach her.
the staff team luvs u
She’s The Type Of Flower That Can Still Grow After A Forest Fire.
Medic
06-09-2022, 01:45 AM (This post was last modified: 06-09-2022, 01:47 AM by Leo. Edited 1 time in total.)
She could lay here all day honestly. If she didn't have to return to Greenwood soon, Leo could have spent days here... if not forever. The heat was nice in small doses. The shade and water really made it not only tolerable but blissful really. It felt like some kind of vacation, one she was sure to return to one day if she needed some time away from home.

And she really could have stayed here all day until the cold night would come and force her to walk home.

But someone called out to her, which immediately caught the sunspot's attention. Tall ears twisted to catch the chuff, happily waiting to greet Virgo but instead shot up and out of the water at the sight of her sister limping. The hot sand still burned her toes but it was all worth it as she lept over to Virgo, circling the limping woman while eyeing her legs to see what the hell was wrong. “The hell happened to you?! Why are you limping?!”

She didn't even care right now that she was completely water logged and dripping wet instead of her usual fluffy well-kept self. Normally Leo would have set herself out to dry, groomed herself to perfection before presenting herself to anyone, but this seemed like a special occasion.

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 05:37 AM
”Hello to you, too, sister.” Vira completely ignored her sister’s question. She was too much in pain from walking and not allowing herself to rest for even the smallest moments. So stubborn she was. ”Lets see. I got into a fight with a female of a pack near here. The male, the leader of this group, has set his eyes on me and invited me to sleep over. But, I completely declined. Aaaaannnndddddd that much sums up everything.”

She chuckled at the memory of it all. Oh. How these lands had brought her an abundance of surprises and such. ”I can’t say that my mouth didn’t place me in that position. The little bitch just wouldn’t stay in her place. Growling for no reason while two adults talked.”

Virgo shook her head. Leaning back to lick at the wound on her leg. The display of it made the bland beauty sigh in disappointment. She’d done so well to make sure she stayed in top perfection due to the lack of looks. Along with other things. Now, here she sat with a fucked up leg.
the staff team luvs u
Medic
06-09-2022, 03:22 PM
Soon enough she saw the wound on her sister's leg. It was awful. And they didn't have much here to help her, none that Leo knew of seeing that this alien land wasn't something she was accustomed to at all. Maybe the trees had something useful in them... Once Virgo was comfortable and no longer walking like some mad woman, Leo would go fetch whatever she could, but for now they were too occupied with keeping Virgo on her feet and guided toward the water to at least clean the stupid thing.

“Who are they?” She lifts her lip in disgust. “Where are they?” What was she planning on doing with that info? Who knows... mostly Leo just wanted to know and then go on from there. “Honestly, should have just stayed in Greenwood and all of this could have been avoided.” Though she knew that Virgo wouldn't actually stay in Greenwood as her mind seemed rather made up by that time, it wouldn't stop Leo from trying.

“Go soak it in the water, I'll fetch whatever I can to help dress it before it gets infected.” Slightly annoyed, she hoped that Virgo would listen to her this time and just let the wound soak and let her sister care for it and her. “In the meantime, tell me all about them.”

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 05:55 PM
For once in her life, Virgo listened. Her body sliding into the waters. Slowly shifting in being careful not to lay on the leg that stung like hell. She couldn’t not to look at it. Even through the clear surface of the water, the bland beauty could see how ugly it looked. The fur there matted and nearly gone. Puncture wounds from Sovereign clear as day. How harsh the bite had been.

Just the sight of it made her growl in annoyance once again. Great.

”Her name is Sovereign. From… the Warcrest pack I believe? Their territory isn’t that far from here. I just left yesterday actually. Anyway, I did nothing wrong.” In Vira’s mind, she never did. ”We met. She asked if I knew where water was. I did not. She found a way. Some white male covered in blood, the leader, came forth and lead us. Something I do not like being. Regardless of the help. Blah. Blah. Blah. The bitch wouldn’t stop growling. I told her to shut her trap and she attacked me.”

She shrugged a bit. As if the incident didn’t affect her at all. So prideful, she was. ”Had it not been for the male stopping her, I would have been dead. She caught me off guard. Snuck me while I was drinking water. Fucking weak bitch. Who the hell sneaks someone?”
the staff team luvs u
Medic
06-09-2022, 06:15 PM
While Virgo spoke, Leo occupied herself in wandering the shores of the small oasis and find anything that might be useful. Nothing.” She whispered to herself under her breath, not wanting to interrupt Virgo but feeling the rising frustration bite at her patience.

Warcrest, some bitch named Sovereign. What a stupid name for an equally stupid girl. Then there was a leader - covered in blood. “Why the hell would you follow a guy covered in blood?” A questionable move to begin with. Unsanitary and full of legitimate red flags.

Anyway, I'm glad you made it out in one piece.” Injured as hell but survived and not missing anything big. “We'll clean that wound and rest here for a while until you can move again. I don't know any of the plants here, unfortunately.” And so she came back to Virgo's side empty-handed, not wanting to risk any plants she didn't know of and poison her sister unintentionally. The sun baked her back to the point where Leo was almost dry already other than some moisture that still clung to where the shade was cast under her.

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 11:21 PM
”Desperation.” She rested her head onto the outstretch legs that displayed on the sandy shore. A yawn breaking through her jaws. ”Oh. Did I forget to mention that he has his eyes set on me?”

Vira turned her attention away from Leo. Not wanting to see her expression; but, rather hear her response. Chuckling silently under her breath at the mere thought of a huge male covered in blood coming to find her. Would he really do so? From the looks of it he could have any female he wanted. So, why was he so intent on having her?

She mentally shrugged again.
the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 11:33 PM
phone post!

she wondered if Virgo would even follow back to Greenwood even if it was just temporary to heal. But that would have to wait as Virgo brought up something else… something that made Leo’s stomach churn uncomfortably.

Whipping around with a look of shock and disgust, she shrilled. “ABSOLUTELY NOT!” the hairs along her spine rose. She stepped infront of Virgo as though demanding for herself to be seen and not ignored like this.

“He sounds absolutely VILE! I will not have such a thing in our family, I will not call him brother.” honestly, was Virgo really thinking of this man as a possible lover? Covered in blood with a woman at his side who would lunge at Virgo at any moments notice?! “You better not be thinking about it.”

the staff team luvs u
06-10-2022, 12:18 AM
Did Leo really think so low of her sister to really believe such a thought would ever cross her mind? ”You know me better than that, Leonna!” The fact that she had even used her full name meant that she hit a nerve.

”I am a flower raided with thorns that deserves nothing but the best. Never would I be so desperate to settle for the first male who’s set eyes on me. Pursuing or not. I would rather gauge my eyes out with the ends of an Elk’s antlers than allow that male to ever touch a strand of my fur.” Her words slipped with a harsh growl between them. The nerve of Leo to think such a thing. To even allow the thought to form made her highly irritated at the gold blessed woman.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top