Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I know you're out there in the shadows,

Partly Cloudy
AW
Discovery
06-08-2022, 01:46 AM
As it took some time, finally did the two arrive within the glade. Before it rested near the hills where the bison and herds roamed freely, occasionally venturing into the forest that wasn't exactly a full one though. It was sparse in it's looks, where plenty of plains still roamed between with hedges around. A miniature one to say the least, yet she still enjoyed it greatly.

"Though it doesn't look much," she smiled in an apology, "when it's golden hour, it truly flourishes." Uriel looked at @"Kalus", as he most likely could tell there was a lacking of scents. No packs were close enough and neither did any claim the glade itself. It was a well-rested area, to be safe at the very least. She hasn't had any troubles, yet.

the staff team luvs u
06-11-2022, 01:39 AM
They would enter upon a clearing bathed in golden sunshine and scattered grasses. Although the day was relatively cloudy, and that alone obscured their vision of the field, he could tell why Uriel had made it into a home. Here, surrounded by flat, slightly sloping land and a plethora of trees, one could feel safe. His paws crunched lightly against the dry grasses that had fallen away from the cluster, and his nose twitched at the lack of any particular smells. The girl had been right - no packs were nearby, for now. 

"Though it doesn't look much, when it's golden hour, it truly flourishes." The daintier female declared, beginning almost apologetically. Klaus nods silently, still in awe of the little sanctuary. Perhaps less beautiful than the place he had woken up in - what was it again? Lapis Nestle? - and the violet flowers that bloomed there, but pleasant nonetheless. Stepping aside to give Uriel some room to breathe, he peers around for some signs of wear, or a den. When he came up empty, he turned his chin to regard his temporary travel companion.

"Where do you usually sleep?" He inquires with a tilt of his head. As far as he could see, there were no obvious places except in the wide-open. 

the staff team luvs u
06-12-2022, 11:31 PM
"I don't particular have a den, but I like to sleep under the roots of a tree." She pointed her paw to a grand oak, where underneath could be seen as an entrance to an opening. It was rather big, carved out previously from a home of foxes and she had taken a liking to it. She smiled rather shyly, maybe a bit embarrassed over the factor although calls it her home she tried.. Hard, not to get very attached. Almost too afraid the place would be ripped right out from under her.

"There's a lot of burrows," she assured if he wanted to stay there was plenty of places to make a den to. A gray gaze around with a rather awkwardness, although she was 'hosting' him, wasn't really ensure what that entails. She didn't have any caches to offer, much less help within hunting for her needs were no longer of prey ; and only of fish and berries. In the distance her ears flickered to the sound of a stream, and wondered whether he too enjoyed fishing.

the staff team luvs u
06-15-2022, 02:55 AM
"I don't particularly have a den, but I like to sleep under the roots of a tree," the girl would admit, almost bashfully as he watched her form the words between glances. He wondered why she'd be embarrassed about her living conditions - to him, this place seemed like a well-protected haven, regardless of where one slept. As long as that elderly wolverine she had mentioned kept its claws to itself. Deciding to tease her about it, the taller man bumped her shoulder with a grin. "What? So you take me to your home, and there's not a personally-dug out cave the size of ten you's to sleep in? Pitiful, Uriel," he jests with a lighthearted chuckle, already peeling away from her to step towards the center of the glade.

"There's a lot of burrows."

He nods, looking around as if he could already see them (he couldn't, but she didn't need to know that). "You don't get cold at night? By yourself?" He inquires with a gruff baritone, tossing a quizzical look over his shoulder. Of course, what he really meant was: You don't want me to keep you warm? But he refrained from outright saying it, instead using the tip of his nail to play with a stray flower to feign innocence. Perhaps Uriel was not the type to yearn for male companionship, however willing and brief.

the staff team luvs u
06-16-2022, 07:07 PM
Though smiling with embarrassing, a guilt stabbed to her heart. He held a point although invited as she did to others to stay and welcome, she did not hold that large hospitality of a grandiose dens to live by. There was burrows, trees to hide and bushes to live inside, though she had yet to find anything akin to a cave or ridges. Only a few mounds of hills here and there, as her gaze looked around for anything that seemed off — but no one else yet, stayed within the glade.

"Oh um.." flustered a bit, "sometimes.. I don't feel comfortable joining others if I don't know them." It could be a large truth she did want another to share a den with, as she looked down a bit with a saddened look. Although, Uriel was scared to join another, anxiety filled her core when she thought to join a group with strangers. Some have invited her, others she had met ; and some made a great point has she spoken to them? She has not.

And she isn't sure she ever will.. A recluse, within the glade.

the staff team luvs u
08-01-2022, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2022, 03:11 PM by Klaus. Edited 1 time in total.)
Although he was comfortable within his charms, it would appear that Uriel was otherwise unaffected - or unbothered. Nervous, maybe, but not interested in the trivial art of temptation. That was fine, he wasn't an animal. And he wasn't trying to make anyone uncomfortable to the point that he'd lose a potential friend, especially someone as soft and innocent as Uriel. Sunshine, he had donned her.

But as she replied, he realized that he may not be the only one lacking company. The way she spoke, the tendency of her cheeks to flush with heat and her eyes to avert, insisted that she was not familiar with the things he had considered most females around her age had already experienced. She seemed careful and cautious, as though she was protecting not only her space but her heart. Understandable, but a very lonely concept to someone like him.

"Ah. Well, I'll find a nice spot under another tree when night comes," he assures her, attempting to catch her gaze with something resembling friendly glazing over his gruff exterior. "And then I'll get out of your fur. I'm sure you'd get pretty bored of having me bothering you after too long," he chuckles lightheartedly, already poking around to see if there was somewhere nearby he could sleep later with a half-grin plastered to his maw.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top