Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
< caught in this feeling >

Sunrise
P
Elkshire
06-07-2022, 05:19 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Heavily-footed did the young monarch march home, with a saddle of anger weighed upon his lumbar. The day before was when he last saw his brother @Aldritch, the missing grey sovereign. Warwick was non too pleased by their reunion, which birthed untoward emotions of bitterness and turmoiled into resentment. 

It was critical he sought his mother's presence at the break of the following day, and here he was, purposefully striding across the courtyard before their queen's den.

Without intruding and showing any impropriety into her chambers, he did not pause as he continued his strong gait, calling out for his queen's attention outside, pacing back and forth restlessly. 'Mother?'.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 09:49 PM
She was tending to the cleanliness of it — for the young were still within their dirty days. Very lightly though ; she wasn't a complete neglectful mother to them, just an absent one to say the least. Though when she heard her son, Celnes motioned out of the den and smiled at him so, "Warwick," though he was pacing back and forth, a face not one of a pleasantness.

"What is wrong?" she asked, an affectionate lick to his ear as she motioned for him to continue.

the staff team luvs u
06-15-2022, 08:42 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2022, 08:43 PM by Warwick. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

He was visibly agitated, still completely in tune with his emotions from the previous day. The memory not fading, of Aldrich's' lust to criticise their queen and the tang of betrayal Warwick tasted upon his own tongue from the inflicted wound. Not only did anger veil the dukes mindset, but an unbearable pain tore at his heart, the organ thrumming violently in his chest in retaliation to the grey sovereigns treachery. 

'I found @Aldritch', he started as his dam addressed him, not giving her a moment before she asked her question. His eyes then focussed upon the queen, and all the hurtful words from his so-called brother suddenly tumbled into the limelight. How could he speak so ill of her? 

He swallowed, shielding his throat from the upcoming reiteration. The tender lick that came from his settled mother did not aid the dulling of his fervour demeanour, but it did halt his pacing. He remained stood, his composure would embody his words. 

'He has abandoned Elkshire. He blasphemes you as head of the church, of everything you have taught us, labelling you as a liar. The names he called you are beyond unspeakable, and I refuse to give him any ounce of respect by repeating them', his words pour and his breathing quakes, the more he remembers, the more it fuels that same frustration he felt yesterday, gaining momentum. 'He has been blinded by his faith, believing his path to be incorruptible, and ours indisputably wrong, and he blames you. For the taint on my brothers and sisters coats, for our upbringing, and believes himself to be neglected and unloved. He is wrong. I loved him', and the duke slams his paw to his chest in a moment of affection, as if Aldritch stood before him in that split second, 'he was my brother. WAS. But I vow to Him I will not tolerate his presence in the Elks Crown, and I will not see him in your presence after his disloyalty and his disrespect for you. I will see myself he does not set foot back in our home ever again'. 

Warwick breathed raggedly, the upset so pure and unmasked. Trying to rein in the temptation to elevate his voice more than he had, to emphasise his upset, to ensure his mother could feel his hurt, and the truth of what had happened. He licked at his lips, unconsciously at the crust that formed overnight from the stray claw of the deceitful sibling. When he had attempted to prize Warwicks jaws from the snap of his temper.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
06-15-2022, 09:10 PM
She listened, seeing Warwick angry was a rare feat. He must've said a few things that surely riled the young Prince who was born in a sweet nurture of less misfortune. She tried to raise them to see disharmony among others and the dishonest souls that would come as they grow older ; but alas not much can be done when they were nestled closely to her heart and Elkshire has been in a long line of peace. They were relatively safe, despite the temperate itself being a danger by it's own. She got closer, and licked the top of his head in a motherly affection, "my dear son."

Though at the very least, she now knew were her wayfaring kids were venturing to. A few were among the Nightwalkers ; but it always brought a wonder to what happened to the gray one, whose attitude always was like a lemon — sour and displeasing. It was hard to connect when he showed such unwillingness at all itself, as she thought about the time to try and take him to an adventure, and even his training with Remus, "he has lost his way."

"I have loved you all as much as a mother could, but even I could not penetrate that darkness that held onto his soul. That is very same evil I told you all to look out, and protect against those who were marked. But I was wrong, for while we watched our own and guided so, it was that same taint that took him hold." She shook her head with a pitied smile ; for it seems the truth of her neglect was taking it's roots, and so was her very lies. As she would comfort the eldest, her mind drifted elsewhere..

At least, only one was truly tainted. Just not the one she expected, and overall with a favorite coloring. A shame, really.

"You are all nearly a year old. All finding your own path. Although his is not the ideal.. You must remember.." and she smiled, "blood does not mean everything. Even my own cousins, have also betrayed me long ago. It holds us tight, but you must remember who is loyal to you." Though the same wolves that 'betrayed' were also the same ones that became her son and daughter. Yet more loyal then some, but she wished to see her other son, @Calhoun, now that she had seen Edith some time ago. Would he still be as devoted to Elkshire? And will he ever return to her?

"We can only pray he will return with a newfound energy. The wilderness will do him good, that the world is not so kind."

Just as she killed her own family, it was important Warwick to realize those who betrayed ; deserve nothing. Although it was hard for Celnes to utter so, as her heart ached slightly to think the blasphemy her own son was doing. But seeing how hurt Warwick was, the sting of someone first betrayal hurt hard for him. At the very least.. It would shape him.

But at the cost of Aldritch.

the staff team luvs u
06-15-2022, 09:34 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
He still battled that wavering anger, from his outpour and unrelenting cascade of emotion, yet, the stillness and tranquility of his mothers lulling voice flattened the remnants of his ache. Evaporating all the emotions he wore on his sleeve, with her perpetual ability to quieten his mind, as though her quest were to hypnotise the young prince. 

The baby boy within him ached to reach out and cling to his mother as she caressed him. But he thought of himself older than his meagre age, much like his other siblings, feeling they were adults beyond what they actually were.

He listened to her reason, nodding and agreeing with all she said as the duke routinely did. He was glad he did not need to fight for his right to exile his own brother. 

'He is no longer loyal to you. Nor us. He claims to have spoken to @Maral and she too refused his ways. I need to speak to my brothers and sisters of this. They need to be warned of his instability', he recalled his thought pattern to this, putting it down to the boys malnourishment. 'He looked so frail and ill too', Warwicks voice now lowered to a solemn pitch.
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
06-21-2022, 06:10 PM
"I am glad that you two have settled beyond his tempting ways. The darkness that beckons us away from the High Elk's light is strong.. But you all remained stronger, and are blessed." She licked to the top of his head, and proudness swelling and even a slight surprising one at @Maral, a memory that would remain true how her more.. Unholy, nightwalker daughter stayed true. Slowly was she rising above the rest, although Warwick was always the very top of her pride and joy to the litters she held. Her true Crown Prince who would one day, if it came true, take hold of the kingdom she built.

Although she was still relatively young, and he too, was far too young to that liking. It was still hers.

"The protection of the High Elk is upon you to share those who turn from his way. Maybe one day he will return, but for now to protect the rest of those who are dear to us." A permission to warn and so, although Celnes wouldn't be telling the rest of the pack of these issues. A family matter, she thought, one that blemished the perfection she held dear of the Deorwine family. Though already so unstable it was, she would try and hold firm within reigns.

She wondered what happened to their conversation, to disturb her usually calm and kind son so. Nonetheless all she could so as a mother and Queen is comfort and give him full reign to what he feels is right. It couldn't be denied it irked her lightly to think if she personally would have to dabble within those affairs.. Celnes would much rather let Warwick deal with the thoughts of a son, who still held a place within her heart.

the staff team luvs u
06-23-2022, 08:53 AM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Warwick's brow furrowed at his mother's words, concerned about her thoughts, and he was adamant to solidify the correctness. 'I will not stray from His light. I have vowed to you and Him'. And he nodded. Aldritch was now a lost cause, upsetting the duke so much. It was an ache he still couldn't contain, and a void that would remain with him. A tie to a brother that was now severed forever. He had prayed and made a promise to their High Elk that morning that he had now disowned him.

He listened to their mother's pouring wisdom, His guidance shone through her, ultimately, and he took this as a further sign and encouragement to remain as he were. Warwick was positive he was on the correct path and Aldritch was not

'Aldritch will not be returning', he half-snapped at his queen, asserting his previous warning, 'Not after the way he spoke of you'. 

The young monarch would not ever tolerate anyone speaking so ill of his mother. A through and through mother's boy, here to protect her, even if that meant from her own flesh and blood. And he then leaned in to her, a soft affection that was silent in words. 

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

we can start to wrap?

the staff team luvs u
06-27-2022, 07:53 PM
A silence would follow after his declaration, for in truth Celnes was with loss of words how to really tackle such an issue. Rather it seemed easier to let him do as he pleases, with the sacrifice of another that wasn't.. Wished upon or particularly wanted, as although he was sometimes a headache to deal with, the Queen still loved her gray-son, a soft spot to his tone that delved into a slight negligence as she did not sure what to do with them. Lightly so did she blame herself for his wayfaring path now, and could only give such a reigns to her eldest..

While assuring him, everything is alright. He was bigger, stronger, and more ready to lead as so — now he had a new anger, and had to learn what to do with it.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top