Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Make your mama sad type,

Group Only
Elkshire
Hunter
06-06-2022, 08:16 PM
A scent was within the forest that did not smell similar to Elkshire. Though it was familiar, just obviously so a difference was upon their pelt. When she came across their path, the Queen couldn't help but lower and sniff with a thought ; alpine and ice, something akin to the north that she never visited but many visitors came with such one. But she knew who it was from — a boy that came in and out as so.

As she found his scent, Celnes started to trail it. Through the forest she went as she slowly would come across to @Archon, wondering what he was up to — and how his trips to his surrogate mother was doing.

the staff team luvs u
06-07-2022, 12:50 AM
^^It had never really occurred to Archon that he might smell differently based on the elements he had been exposed to. He simply traveled up to see his mom and came back with — well, honestly, probably some legs that were more toned in muscle than before, and also, with sore paws.

He had rested those paws for a few days, and wondered how long before he needed to wait before heading back up. He’d hate to go alone, and pondered if Warwick or Hawking would go with him; Warwick had wanted an adventure, and Archon said he’d bring him on one, but Archon hadn’t seen the prince since he’d been accepted into Elkshire.

Soon, Archon found himself with the queen. It was an interesting thing, seeing her about and away from the den, by herself. He titled his head with a deep inhale, figuring he might as well get this over with.

“Ah hello, Queen Celnes! I hope I wasn't gone too long?” Why else would she bother with the likes of him, a low life?
^^
the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 09:24 PM
"Hello Archon, i'm glad to see you are alright." She smiled at him while gently grazing his appearance ; much bigger then when she first set her eyes upon him. Nearly forming to an adult, though didn't seem to topple her own size. A shame she most likely could not keep him ; the woman already dubbed he wouldn't stay long with his mother being elsewhere.. But within a good graces of him, she'd belong to the others — building a good reputation at the very least, and more alliances to make. She wondered if her own daughter had found Greenwood.

"You are fine, how was visiting your mother?"

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 10:45 PM
^^It was an interesting feeling, to have someone care for him in the manner that the Queen did. Or, at least, it felt oddly warm to hear that Celnes, of all people, was ‘glad to see what he was doing alright.’

It felt weird, mostly, because he’d just thought that he was some invisible ghost within Elkshire, whereas his bestest pal was almost a celebrity. So he would smile towards her with the wag of his tail. “You are looking well yourself, too!” He said, almost as if they were friends. Wait - could they be? Friends? Archon, friend of a queen? Ha. Doubtful.

“It was, uh, unexpected. Some mean girl cursed me and chased me off - I guess she was a witch…, and by fate, I managed to meet up with them. I hadn’t actually planned on visiting them so soon, but I am glad I did. I learned Ma’s making a pack with Dad! So, uh, um, Hawking said he would walk me back up there, if that’s okay, and I promised you I would tell you if I chose to leave. Hawking’s my best mate, and I was hopeful that you would allow me to visit him and him to visit me? I, uh, would like it, for you, too.. ” (to visit Archon.)

Any excuse to make a friend was a good one to Archon. Besides, didn’t leaders like knowing other leaders?
^^
the staff team luvs u
06-14-2022, 03:36 AM
She listened without changing her smile, though internally was lightly displeased. Although she expected at some point to leave, it felt it was so soon. She wouldn't be too well either if he had take Hawking alongside with, for having a deer within the pack that could speak was well with the High Elk's ways. Nontheless it more seemed they would depart at the very least, with good grace.

"That sounds nice. That is quite alright — we are in the time of peace with other guards as well."
Although most were relatively silent, and the most active of them all was currently somewhere within the plains with her daughter. She wondered if the man would return ; if ever. It'd definitely be a loss though if he was gone, as much as the Queen was annoyed by his unwillingness to pledge.

"I'd be delighted to visit. Although.. With current young that will be some time." She smiled with a light sadness, being pack-bound by them. Yet was more or less an excuse not to venture so far up north, and the preference they come down to the south.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top