Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Цыгане

Midnight Overcast 70° F
P
06-11-2022, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 01:59 AM by Creole. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Image: iDrc3hz.png]

A few days had passed since Creole had washed upon these foreign lands and since then he'd been able to recover his strength almost completely. Something was missing though, and it wasnt his crown either. He'd looked almost every day since he'd been able to move without burning anguish for the damn thing and it was nowhere to be found. Lost to the depths with the fishes. Never to be seen again. The thing that was missing, it was far more important. It was his memories. There was information missing, like a hole had been drilled deep into the back of his skull, where the knowledge had seeped out during ocean transport, and was filled with the blue grey of the angry tempest that had nearly consumed him and his life. The screams were still there, oh yes, and they would never cease.

Those screams, the souls and lost lives, their names and faces were blurred and vague, their colors and patterns lost to the seas hunger, but until they returned their agony was all he had left. The brute had taken shelter for a couple days in the ocean plains before he decided he was well enough to travel into grounds more suited to his nature. Though he thoroughly enjoyed the rolling breezes coming off the water, birds and chipmunks were not a suitable meal to his pallet and it took far too long to eat his fill.

He'd found a wooded area near where he was that seemed more suited to him, more familiar somehow. He took in a deep breath and reveled in the scents that rolled across his tongue and washed across his brain. Bringing him closer to memories that had been swept away in the current that brought him in. Pine and moss... Fungi and flowers... Bark and Death... He'd tried for days to bring back those memories he lost in the water but the constant pushing and struggling caused multiple headaches and he'd given up. What was he really missing? If these things were so important wouldn't they have stayed safe? Locked away in a vault somewhere deep within the crevices of his dark and twisted mind? At the moment in time as he was walking through the forest he shrugged, then chuckled deeply to himself as he caught himself making the action. Get yourself together... They're gone and you have to accept it... Sighing he dipped his head and closed his pale eyes.

The male took a deep breath once more and began to listen. He could hear the skittering of small prey, good. That was good, he was tired of gophers and prairie rabbits. He could also hear the trickling of nearby streams and was reminded of how thirsty he was, his tongue became sandpaper in his jowls as he came to the realization of the need. He snapped open golden moons and pinpointed the location of the running water. It didn't take him long as his paws thundered through the underbrush to the creek, once he reached the cold brewing stream he drank. The icy liquid taking his breath away and for a second he thought he might suffocate, but that feeling quickly passed as his thirst took in it's fill.

The feeling that filled his stomach with the cold water was almost painful, and he reveled in it. His tongue instantly swelled with the moisture as the bite took his breath away, he closed and sighed as the water quenched his thirst beyond the reaches of his imagination. Creole pulled his massive head above his lean body to look around a few moments later, his brain now clear of everything but the agonizing screams in the silence he scanned golden plates to take in everything he'd missed in his dehydrated haze. In the darkness there was so much the brute had missed, there was the skittering of animals out way past their curfew. The trees swayed with the force of the breeze around him, bringing the scents of spring and forest, the deep mossy dank smell that was almost like home to him.

There was light. Not from the moon, as glorious as she was, but from the mushrooms around his feet, a miraculous glow emitted from the fungi and illuminated his glory for the world to see. He almost looked ethereal as the brought a tinge of light to his outline, large muscles rippled under his fur as he placed a heavy step down on the ground. Spores flew around him, floating upwards to the skies as he chuckled. They looked like fireflies and made him think of the young birthed in this season, oh the fun they would have among such a place. He swept a large paw across them and sent the spores flying once more, the giant thoroughly enjoying the sight of the life being lost to the heavens above, lost to some of the reaching trees in the process.

Suddenly a cry pierced the night, a peculiar sound amidst the quiet breezes and hushed minute of mother mammals and their young, whipping up hid head the snow dragon pointed his nose to the winds, the smell of the lost was filled with youth, innocence and fear. He ducked that marvellous bust upon strong shoulders down to stay partially hidden from the creature and arrived at its location in no time, the tiny raccoon scurried around a clearing of those mushrooms and tiny forest flowers in a panicked pace trying to find a way himw. Momma was nowhere to be seen, but Daddy was here. 

There was one giant leap between them. One large bound, an area that his strong muscles and tendons were able to clear with ease and he flew. The dragon soared and landed beautifully above the babe, massive paws and forearms trapping all available sides as his head closed the gap. Golden saucers stared the kit down, his eyes level with the grey toddler, a sharp toothy grin met the creature and it shook before him. Creole spoke in his deep baritones, his voice vibrating the spinal cord of the lost soul. My dear sweet child... He mocked, the playful rumble continuing, Wherever is your savoir? Surely mother dearest will come for you, no? Chuckling Creole took in the scents of the terrified child. It wouldn't matter if Momma came anyway, he'd gobble her up too.

@Reign

the staff team luvs u

Creole is a 3-3-3 character.
*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
I write for the man. I do not condone this man's actions.
I speak. I think. I listen.
06-15-2022, 07:48 PM
No one knew why the Viscountess did what she did exactly. She was their laser so when she announced that she would be leaving for a few days and that Mentu should be looked to for any questions while she was gone, No one batted an eye. She had left shortly after. She wasn’t sure why she had felt the desire to travel back down south in the direction she had lead her people from. But it was a like a pull. Something in her bones beckoned her to go. And so she did.

The Journey was slow, now that she was farther along than the first time she’d made this trip. She was slower and more careful about where she stopped for rest and food. On top of her numerous bathroom breaks along the way. It had taken her roughly 4 days to make it back to the Border of the plains, not that it mattered. Mentu was holding down the Empire while she was busy. So she had no doubt that she’d return home to her pack the way it was when she’d left.

On the Fifth day, she had just reached the other side of the border when she’d decided to rest the whole day. She was tired. And after finding a place hidden within some bushes. She curled up and slept the day away. By the time she had awoken, the sun had already set. The sky was alive with stars. And her stomach was growling with hunger.

As she looked around she was in a small wooded area and took note that the mushrooms were glowing. Had she been anyone else the site might have made her stop and stare at it’s beauty. But she wasn’t, so she noticed and moved along.

She stopped at a stream and began to drink when she heard the cries of a small creature in distress. Curious of the sounds she made her way toward it, stopping to take in the scene before her.

A small raccoon was trapped beneath a behemoth of a man. Who began to speak to his prey.

“Wherever is your savoir? Surely mother dearest will come for you, no? “

Reign let out a dark chuckle, announcing her presence before stepping forward. “Hasn’t anyone ever taught you not to play with your food? Though the cries and scent from it are quite… intoxicating. It’s simply a waste on a creature whom can’t answer you, is it not?” She purred.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

Warning: Reign is prone to random Fits of Rage and Violence. 
*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
06-16-2022, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 06-16-2022, 10:54 PM by Creole. Edited 1 time in total.)

He was completely mesmerized by the fear trapped in the babes eyes. How those tiny yellow worlds screamed while they burned in terror, he was utterly lost in the stench of fear that I overwhelmed the surrounding area and all he could do was watch as the kit squeezed it's eyes shut tightly and tensed it's body in fear, shuddering as the warm flesh of the baby awaited tearing teeth and agonizing death.

Lucky for that tiny little creature his spell was broken by a damsel who happened upon the scene. Her voice was what ripped his mind from it's trance first, it was a chuckle, feminine and amused and Creole ripped his crazed gaze from the shaking creature underneath him to turn a massive head towards her.

The woman was smaller then him. Much smaller, and her belly swelled with life as he swore he could almost see the unborn squirming around inside her skin, could smell how they flourished underneath muscle and fur. Her pelt was very nice indeed, a soft white underbelly that glowed almost blue from the tint of the shining fungi underneath their feet, the rest of her draped in an onyx coat of what looked like feathers in the darkness.

It was those eyes though that made his breath catch, even if just for a moment, and it was enough for him to loosen his grasp on the raccoon and let the thing dart away with a lesson it would not soon forget. He couldn't help but stare as he pools of golden desire seems to pull his entire body to her, the large male cocked a head and sat on muscular haunches.

He couldn't look away from those eyes, the pools of melted amethyst sitting deep in the hood of raven feathers. Creole could swear they shone in the darkness at him, mushrooms illuminating her amusement with his game. The line she spouted at him, the one about playing with his food, it sounded vaguely like something he'd heard once or twice before, but the tide had erased everything of who he once was and all he had left were distant memories covered in sand and waves.

who said he couldn't answer? He asked her playfully, a sly smirk slipping across his features to reveal pearly white fangs that were very well cared for. If you could have seen the look in it's eyes... You would have known it was saying so much more... Creole chuckled mischievously, That smell though my sweet miss... That was almost all the response I needed... Though I won't lie a snack would have been nice... he teased at the femme, narrowing those golden globes playfully at the pregnant woman.

@Reign

the staff team luvs u

*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
06-17-2022, 02:13 AM
Reign didn't falter when the crazed eyes met her own. Instead, she stepped closer, Daring to bring herself closer to this stranger. She noted how he was a few inches bigger than herself, the size of Satan actually. And his fur was as white as the freshly fallen snow, on the first winter night. His fur looked as soft as clouds on a summer's day though, And with the mushrooms beneath them he glowed like a full moon. Enchanting and ethereal to most, but it was not the fur that caught her attention. It was the fact that he looked strong. Much like Satan and her father appeared to be.

"who said he couldn't answer?" 

"I have never known a baby raccoon to verbally respond to me, though i guess it could be possible..." She smirked back at the man, her own fangs flashing for him to see while spoke. 

"If you could have seen the look in it's eyes... You would have known it was saying so much more..." 

Purple eyes twinkled at the thought of the fear written across the racoon's face. Yes she knew exactly what he meant by that. She had seen that look to many times to count though. And it always felt sweeter to her on the face of someone like Aerys.  

"That smell though my sweet miss... That was almost all the response I needed... Though I won't lie a snack would have been nice..." 

She let out a laugh and looked him in his eyes, Amethyst to melted butter, before she spoke again. "Indeed, that smell was good, Nearly intoxicating. But i still rather smell that fear off the weaker pathetic members of this world. You should have smelled my little cloud the day i claimed her. Now that smell," She paused, drinking in the memory of the day Aerys Became her pet. "That smell is far more intoxicating." Her eyes shone with their own hint of twisted satisfaction. 

Brazen was the Demon as she took yet another forward step, making the gap between them even smaller. She looked at him with hooded eyes, and allowed her tail to brush against the glowing fungi, send spores up around her. 

"Im the Viscountess Reign Saxe of Demonia.  And you are?" 
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

*Creole is allowed minor PP of her, as well as open to join any of her threads unless otherwise noted* 
06-22-2022, 04:02 AM

She was playful in her advances and demeanor, he was quite amused by the brazen nature of the plump miss, though he would never harm an expectant mother, in the right mind of course, how was she to know that? She did seem quite capable so he assumed she'd probably be able to care for herself if it came to it.

You should have smelled my little cloud the day i claimed her. Now that smell, that smell is far more intoxicating. and he watched her breathe in the memories as if they were still there in front of her, recurring once more, the smells she was mentioning wafting off the ground before her. It was quite alluring to watch her drink in the invisible pleasure of reliving the tale once again.

The glint in her eyes was revealing in her twisted nature, something that drew the beast in even more then the imagination of the soft texture of her feathers against his own. She took another step towards him to bring them even closer, a few more inches and their pelts would brush against each other.

His soft scales against her sleek feathers, it was a feeling he envisioned himself enjoying quite a bit, it was something the male hadn't felt in quite some time and he definitely missed the feeling of another body to use. He watched her carefully, intently, drinking in her movements as he watched her tail swipe across the mushrooms below as she introduced her glory to him. Im the Viscountess Reign Saxe of Demonia. And you are? she asked, and the dragon rumbled a soft sound in his chest.

It wasn't a menacing sound, not threatening, more a sound of acknowledgement to her, a pleasurably amused sound as the spores floated around her like stars, illuminating those soft looking plumes into a soft glittering galaxy that drew his eyes in even more to her body. This woman made it very difficult to pay undivided attention to her face.

He smirked as his eyes laid on her face once more, those golden globes glowing in the floating spores with a devilish sheen. Creole... Creole DeLonbraj.. It is my pleasure to meet you Viscountess... he replied, bowing a large head to the gorgeous creature in respect. He might be a monster but he wasn't disrespectful to the majesties of the lands. He wasn't stupid.

@Reign

the staff team luvs u

06-22-2022, 01:57 PM
Creole... Creole DeLonbraj.. It is my pleasure to meet you Viscountess...  

She was pleased as the man bowed to her. The selfish pride to be acknowledged as she was, a ruler. It stroked her pretty ego. She allowed his names to ring in net mind as she drank in his bow before she spoke. 

“Creole. A strong Name or a strong man I presume” her voice practically a purr. 

She moved forward again but this time she reached out her paw and touched his shoulder. A simple touch. But one she didn’t give out normally. “No need to bow when we’re not even wishing my domain. However it is noted and will be remembered” 

She pulled her paw back before she sat before him. A politician. That’s what she’d become. Yes, she was still the same girl who cared not for life. But she was also smarter than that. She had children now, and building Demonia’s numbers was important to her. So it was in her best interest to behave with new people. 

She wrapped her tail across her paws, letting it flick gently. Before she looked at the male in front of her. “So tell me, Creole. Do you have a home yet?” 
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

06-22-2022, 04:48 PM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2022, 05:38 PM by Creole. Edited 2 times in total.)

She purred words at him, and whether they were meat as flirtatious, he definitely took them that way. Cautious in his interpretations of her comment on his name and appearance he continued to listen in ears that begged for more words from those melodic tones. Reign stepped forward again, but this time she placed a paw on his shoulder and he couldn't help but shudder, it had been so long since another had brushed his fur and it was definitely something he missed. A warmth flooded his body and he held back a pleasurable groan as he drank in her gesture like water to a dehydrated elk in the droughts of summer.

No need to bow when we’re not even wishing my domain. However it is noted and will be remembered. she pulled her paw back and he once again help back a sound, a soft whimper, a Please don't go sound that he often didn't reveal. He wasn't a pathetic being, not was he reliant on anybody, but he missed the warmth of another body against his. When those delicate paws removed he could only release a small sigh, she'd have him wanting more for a while.

Reign sat before him in a diplomatic display of nobility, he watched her body shift with weight and flick her tail at him. So tell me, Creole. Do you have a home yet? Home? What was home anymore? Everything he'd known was gone, ripped out from underneath his paws and he didn't know how or when. No... he commented, I've been on my own for a few days now... It hasn't been unpleasant per se... Just... lonely... I am not one to desire company but being out here... These new lands... Knowing nothing about anything... It's... undesirable ...

The thought of home brought those screams back, they danced sharply along his brain matter. They scraped talons along the veins of thought and free will, bringing him back to reality, reminding him where he was. How he came to be here, and that the only thing accompanying him were those screams of his imprisoned souls.

@Reign

the staff team luvs u

06-30-2022, 03:38 PM
No... I've been on my own for a few days now... It hasn't been unpleasant per se... Just... lonely... I am not one to desire company but being out here... These new lands... Knowing nothing about anything... It's... undesirable ...

“Well. If you’d like to… you could always come home …with me” she purposely added the pauses, allowing it to hint at something more, as she looked him in the eyes again. She was a vixen, beautiful and lethal. But her strength was playing on her feminine side and she knew it.

“That is… unless you have someone else to warm your bed already” she paused and feigned a sad look as she looked him up and down. She knew it was a danger game to flirt like this while pregnant. But she also knew that bringing in someone that looked as capable as Creole was important too.

She gave him a little pout to add a little cherry on top of her game.

“I know how it feels to awake here alone. I also awoke here alone. I was just lucky to find two of my siblings. And some like minded people that I brought together “ she offered him a smile.

“So please say you’ll come with me. I wanna show you my home…and get to know you!” She offered a smile. And stood up, turning to leave.
the staff team luvs u
Reign is Rated 3-3-3

07-09-2022, 01:05 PM

Sorry I feel like this is a crappy ending :/

“Well. If you’d like to… you could always come home …with me” there was a pause, and a desirable feeling washed over him with her next words “That is… unless you have someone else to warm your bed already” he felt a small shudder come over him as he rumbled a sound at her pleasantly Mmm, not yet but I wouldn't mind the company... He playfully smirked with a glint in his eye that suggested a fun time.

She told him about how she too woke up alone here and was lucky enough to find family. Did he have family? Was he the only one? His mind was a foggy haze that the winds of souls couldn't seem to wash away and he gave up trying to remember. If they were important those memories would come back, but until then he was the only one.

As she continued she told him briefly about how the pack was started and Reign smiled again at him and turned to head to her home, and now his as she now held his eye, and he stood as well with her. He stood close as they walked, he felt as his fur occasionally brushed against his. A tiny tickling that brought small chills at the touch of another, even small, the feeling was something he missed. He needed.

So with that the two walked deep into the night towards the kingdom he had now pledged himself to, light conversation about the home, it's ranks and rules, boundaries and customs, would flow between the two, questions for Reign and the occasional flirtatious glace or touch would pass between the two. Playful and airy as they let conversation dance through their trek.

@Reign

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top