Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Drop a ship in the water and don't look back.

Sunset Thunderstorms 67° F
AW
06-03-2022, 09:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2022, 09:14 PM by Creole. Edited 2 times in total.)

“OOC”
Please forgive my crap post, I haven't rped in over ten years 1_face_sweat_smile

“IC”
His head was filled with darkness, his dreams empty and cold. Everything was silent and obsidian, a floating openness that swallowed every corner of his mind and soul. His body was rolling and weightless, he could feel the force and the motion but inside he knew it was just as it should be. Suddenly he felt a hard thump of a landing and everything stopped. He was wet and cold now, he could feel the cooling warmth of night upon him, but the breeze upon his fur brought a hill down his perfect spine. He couldn't open his eyes, couldn't move any appendages, muscles, tendons, nothing. He laid there like that for quite some time.

It was darkening above him, hours he'd been laying on the shore, to him the time was unknown. The sun was fighting with the waters, setting it a blaze into oranges and reds. Purples and blues split the sky as the moon started to shine from above, faint in her dance she slowly rose above, the sun warrior loosing again as he did every night, letting that beautiful maiden take over once more. The waters licked at his toes as he laid on the beaches, sand and small critters making it's way into his once pristine and perfect coat. Finally he was able to move and everything hurt. This was not that perfect darkness he had known, where did it go?

A groan slipped from the males onyx lips, eyes slowly fought to open, finally when they did slits of yellow welcomed the gentle burning of the impending nightfall, it was much easier on his optics then a full sun would have been and he sighed heavily. [I]Movement... Can I move...?[I] he whispered inside his head, and with that thought he began fighting the burning in his toned body as he tested things to see if anything was broken or torn. He wiggled large toes which then he moved to paws, heaving his large body up he moved to standing and felt himself sway. Suddenly a lightening bolt ripped through his head, almost as if he summoned it himself thunder rolled ahead of him, close on the grassy horizon before him.

He felt a wave of dizziness bit him, between that and the heavy pain in his head accompanied with the screams that never ceased it was too much. He roared and suddenly the nausea broke and the massive amount of water undigested in his stomach came forth in a splash before him. He groaned as he heaved and heaved. When the water was expulsed his body seemed to try to push forth what was there with dry heaves. Then. It was done.

He pulled himself forward in slow lumbering steps, before him was sand, red as spilled blood from the sunshed and the grasses tinged with the same crimson light, he knew that's where he needed to go, and that ever so small hill of sand before him was so daunting. He began to move up that small hill and it seemed like it would suck him in, the lack of strength in his muddied, sandy body caused him to trip and fall forth, stumbling and landing in a very ungraceful way on his belly with a deep 'oof'. He felt the breath escape him as he collapsed and he just laid there for a good few minutes. Defeated by the gritty disgrace below him.

After a while he got up, the muscles still burning in the same way, and he began to make his way through the grasses to try to find somewhere to rest and recover. This would not do. The winds blew hard around him, warning of the impending storm, another growl split the sound waves, another sigh escaped the beast, this one more relaxed. He could feel the pressure rising around him, soon the heavens would cry on the warrior and he would be clean once again. He dragged himself onwards, those once crimson grasses now a darkened almost blue as the yellows of such tall plants absorbed the colors of the storm.

His citrine eyes scanned the plains around him and he could see, off in the distance, a few large rocks grouped together, sucking up the fire in him limps he pushed himself forward and moved into a sprint to get there before the storm. He could feel the pain ripping through him, lightning bolts shooting through every inch of his being, but dispute the pain and the little energy he had he made it there just as a crack hit the plains and the rains began. The sky cried for it's existence, and it wasn't a sob, the heavens were weeping. Heavy raindrops splattered the covering above his head as he crawled into the overhang of boulder, it wasn't quite a cave but more a few large rocks that looked like they fell together with the times, making a makeshift shelter. It wouldn't be good for a permanent residence but it certainly would do for now.

Pleased with himself and his discovery he decided he could partially relax, only partially, as the mammal never fully relaxed. He stood at the mouth of his makeshift home and watched the rain for a few minutes, sighing heavily and closing his eyes, taking in the sound as another crack came, light flashing through the sky and illuminating the territory briefly. His orbs could see the horses of the plains rushing for shelter, delayed by their antics they had ignored the warning signs and were now caught in the belly of the weather best, trying their best to run home.

As everything darkened again he took a slow step forward, then one more. He could feel the cold drops hit first his nose, then his eyes and forehead, suddenly he realized, it was missing. The beautifully crafted piece of jewelry he'd been lost with was gone. He cursed loudly and roared, a loud sound that split the sky, a gutteral roar that turned into a warbling howl. The cry was filled with rage and anger, a terrifying sound that was sent into the darkness, as the monster tapered down his sound the thunder roared, almost as if you mirror his feelings and flashed light once more. His white form now fully encased by the tears of the fallen above. Creole huffed, this time an angry and frustrated sound and he let himself collapse. He let his heavy body thump to the ground with a thud and he sat there like a stone statue, letting the rain wash away the intense feelings in his head and soul. Cleaning the monster of the sins of the sea he turned his head to the heavens and closed hai eyes, listening to everything around him, the screams in his head dancing with the impure thoughts that always came with them.
[/list]

the staff team luvs u

Creole is a 3-3-3 character.
*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
I write for the man. I do not condone this man's actions.
I speak. I think. I listen.
Counsellor
06-03-2022, 09:59 PM
Miriam always seem to find herself within a storm, with little covering around. As she was taking a rest within the grasslands, a thunderstorm was quickly rolling. The sky darkened just as quickly, and already were the heavens above shooting down thunder as it roared across the channels. She was desperately running around, an attempt ti find any covering but the dens or shields she did find were either to small for herself, or momentarily drenched by the sweeping storm — making them utterly useless for shelter.

Across the fields was she running, wet fur pressed against her sides as paws sprayed across, swiftly through to find something — anything.. But she stopped within her tracks, a curiosity settling in as in the distance of all that was dark, there was a figure ; light in form. Standing there, without a thought to this horrid weather before them and embracing it so. He had his eyes closed she couldn't help but approach with a squint, as the droplets sprayed to her face, "Sir, are you alright?" the young maiden so asked — wondering for what reason would he accept this blight of rain against his fur!

the staff team luvs u
06-11-2022, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-11-2022, 11:50 PM by Creole. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Image: iDrc3hz.png]

Ack sorry for the late reply!

The rain had drowned out the smell of her approaching, so between the lack of smell, the pounding rain and the thundering cracks above them he didn't hear her approaching. That was an extremely dangerous thing, to approach the dragon without any kind of warning, and the femme was lucky he was weakened, he might have kept on her and showed her how dangerous a feat it really was, but all he could do was crack open darkened moons at her and bare teeth at her question. Was he alright? No, no he wasn't alright at all. No I am not alright in the least bit... he growled, those teeth showing even more with his words.

I just washed up on shore. I don't know where I came from or where I am, I dont know where I'm going or what's coming to me... I've lost my most prized possession and now I'm covered in mud and sand... I'm here in this storm trying to wash out all this fucking garbage that the tide felt I needed... Which might I add... I DO FUCKING NOT the monster roared as he whipped his massive head to throw his curses upwards. Raising his voice high above the storm with such anger to the deep dark goddess that ruled the tides.

The pain rose again in his cranium, splitting the screams and causing them to cease momentarily, as if to allow the pain to wash over everything and be recognized for how great it really was. The brute groaned and shut his eyes again, trying to get those flashes of burning agony to stop. He sighed with a wince as he felt it pounding, thrumming and thumping like a drum, but soon the shots stopped firing and he was able to slightly relax. Soon the screams started up again goans and moans of torture slipping across his brainwaves and they fell into the background once more as he turned his attention to the female.

He wasn't able to differentiate the exact colors of her pelt in the darkness around them but she was lighter in darker shades, most likely a grey, mixed with darker tones. Her eyes were bright, white with pinpricks the size of eggs in the darkness, trying to take in what little light they could around the two. His golden globes scanning over her body and he narrowed them slightly at her small form. Clocking his head to the side he sized her up and relaxed. Injured or not he could probably still destroy her one way or another with ease based on size alone. The dragon sighed once more and continued to bathe in the tears of the heavens.

This female was young, not much more then him maybe a year, and he felt almost sorry for the woman caught alone in the storm. Young one is there something I can help you with? he calmly asked the girl, he was irritated and gruff but that was just the man and how he was. She was safe from his attacks unless she stepped wrong, and the dragon was born in fire and had no problems burning the world down around him if it so pleased him. He was interested to see how this one would turn out.

the staff team luvs u

*Reign and her family are allowed to join any thread he's in unless stated otherwise.*
Counsellor
06-16-2022, 09:34 PM
Miriam was a bit thrown off by his sudden attitude at the world himself, and blinked. Quiet as she awaited his anger to subside, and imagine his way that came was most likely not one of pleasantness. Although she knew of her memories and home, she knew she did not arrive in pain or sorrow. But chosen, but the Goddess herself and raptured to a new land altogether where her dreams and adventurers would come true. But perhaps not everyone felt the same way, and she looked at him in pity.

"I am quite alright mister.. We all ended up here someway, or another. Perhaps I could help you? Search for your missing item?" Although she did not know what it looked like, what mattered most it seemed to be something awfully precious to the man. He came to the land, and though she could not see it, perhaps it also arrived with him. Miriam looked around with her white eyes to see anything that looked amiss, but she did not at the moment see an unusual object.. Surely though, it was summer, and she did not mind helping the white man.

the staff team luvs u
06-20-2022, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2022, 04:56 PM by Creole. Edited 1 time in total.)
[Image: iDrc3hz.png]

She looked at him with pity and he narrowed his eyes. He did not want her pity, nobodies, and so when she showed it to him he glared. A canine bared to her expression in warning, he pulled himself to his feet and towered above her in all his glory. The large dragon stood many hands above her and so when at his full height he was able to look down, his massive size adding to the intimidation factor of the attitude he carried.

His fur ruffled as the wind blew and another crack hit the sky, splitting it brightly, the light bringing color to his form before fading it back into the shadows. He heard her words, those the expression Carried pity, her voice promised him something that he most certainly couldn't pass up. Perhaps I could help you? Search for your missing item? and he sighed, he was too weak to venture forth alone to find it, his legs would not be able to carry him far, and he glanced behind him at the makeshift cave the rocks had formed.

Come... he beckoned her as he turned and headed inside, she followed him out of the rain and they sat in the cover for him to speak. You say you will help me girl... he grumbled, But what is it you want from me in return? I have just arrived in a rather unpleasant manner and don't have much to offer... Cocking his large head his golden moons narrowed again at her, surely she would want something, nothing in this life was free.

As they sat inside the small cave he focused large ears on the pattering of the heavy raindrops on the stones above them. Something about the rain always soothed the voices, calmed them in a manner very few other things could. Turned them from raging screaming demons to shadows that caressed the crevices of his mind, they went from fast paced screams to soft moans and groans. A somewhat almost erotic sound that echoed around the caverns of his skull.

the staff team luvs u

06-23-2022, 07:30 PM
As he continued on a snarl and a rose, a fang to show an attempt of an intimidation ; he was still awfully weak, wayfarered to this land in a turmoil that not let him be the beast he desires so. Miriam thought he was someone who didn't enjoy being like so, so vulnerable to those around and to herself especially. Her reaction to pity had been met with an aggression, and she changed so accordingly with a kind smile and a mental note, to watch such an expression. Someone who is so lost needed so much patience, for anyone else too would be within a chaotic mind to what strangeness occurred.

"I do not wish anything back," she put a paw on her chest, her heart upon the sleeve and said with earnestly, "my only desire is to help." For that was the best prize anyone could give, the relief and calmness of another as they gained such a precious back. Possibly, to see a smile upon his more dreadful attire.

the staff team luvs u
07-06-2022, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2022, 02:36 PM by Creole. Edited 2 times in total.)
Monster

Omg I'm so so sorry, make sure you poke me next time. If it's been longer then maybe three or four days make sure you smack me to reply, chances are I missed the tag or got caught up in life and spaced.

Also, I'm really sorry I pped a bit in the last post, I just realized I did that, if that's not cool lmk I'll edit my stuff accordingly.

She was patient with him and his display of displeasure to how she addressed his condition. He wasn't sure if he enjoyed the patience of this stranger but it was probably better then the alternative and getting his ass handed to him for his attitude. That attitude had gotten him far in life but in such a condition he knew better then to push her to the anger he desired.

He sighed heavily as she reassured him that she didn't want anything in return, that she was only offering kindness. Some wolves were like that, were just patient and calm no matter the situation at hand, he was not one of them but at the moment Creole was thankful this woman was. He watched the light fly over her features as the cave was briefly lit in a flash of light, his own form lit up and he was almost ethereal in his appearance under the heavens anger, his body lighting up with a glow that was godly.

Then I will owe you a favor... If we find my crown I will come when you call... Anything. He told her in a softer voice his demeanor changing to a more calm, almost humble, tone and expression. The dragon was now at her mercy as this piece of metal was his most prized possession. The glinting crown of thorns was given to him sometime in his past, somewhere from his previous home, and it held meaning whatever it was. He couldn't remember the story but it made him feel something and it brought more life to him then anything else at the moment.

He put stipulations on his favor, knowing how dangerous they could become, but he was a man of his word. The woman before him in his den could call to him at any point and he would be there, whether it was for battle or something as simple as babysitting for a night of romance with her partner, it was something he felt was honorable to offer for such a gesture of kindness from somebody who remained nameless. My name is Creole... I thank you for your kindness ma'am... I was not expected to be met with such... Generosity... Creole explained to her, a small smile crossing his exhausted, defeated, maw.

the staff team luvs u

Counsellor
07-08-2022, 04:05 AM
you're good! I also have no idea where you PP'd so also good! LOL

Although seemed wary at first, it seemed he then accepted as she simply sat by and waited for his waves of agitation to cease, "please, I need no favors. The Goddess has fated us, and surely to help you find.. What is the object you seek?" Miriam was but another wolf within the world sent on various love of wandering, and the desire, when she could, to help another. There was no merit in doing so, and she believed kindness did not need to be repaid in anyway, for it itself, would fulfill thy's soul.

Although Miriam did not know what he was looking for! He mentioned of a crown, but there wasn't a mentioned of what exactly it looked like. A crown of sorts.. Miriam could imagine maybe a refined set of wreathed branches, and that reminded of the Orchid. She'd be more then pleased to see something so lovely in the hands of another ; although did not know in truth it was an unknown material, such as metal.

"I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows."

the staff team luvs u
07-20-2022, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2022, 06:53 PM by Creole. Edited 1 time in total.)
Monster

Ack sorry, shitpost is shit I'm so sorry, muse had been low lately...

Where I come from... It is customary to offer equivalent exchange, so I shall be there if the need ever arises... He told her as he tipped a massive snowy cap forward, offering her a nod before continuing. It is a crown... Gold and twisted... It looks like a wreath of golden thorns... It shouldn't be too hard to miss... Creole described his treasure the best he could, he felt a small longing for the material item as he felt the words escape. Oh how he hoped they might find it, if not today soon, he felt quite naked without it.

Nice to meet you Miriam... Where do you come from? I should probably start learning the packs nearby... Don't need any trouble in this state... I can guess that not all here are as... Inviting as yourself... He asked, curious on these things. He wasn't exactly diplomatic but he wasn't stupid, he knew there were many stuck in their ways and he wasn't about to get caught up in them in his weakened position.

Shall we? He asked Miriam as he rose to his large feet, the brute standing tall, a little bit more then his current visitor, and curled a long flowing tail around his haunches as he began to step into the rain, sighing as it's fingers ran through gus pelt. He would never get sick of this. Ever.

the staff team luvs u

Counsellor
08-10-2022, 06:50 PM
"A golden crown you say? Surely should be an easy find!" Miriam attempted to counsel the man an assurance of a smooth finding. Surely one of gold and thorn crowns would be an easy spot ; unusual, she would add.. She knew of flower crowns, and occasional branches woven by birds, but wondered why such a man would want thorns? Would it not be painful? Although the maiden wishes to ask and inquire, perhaps it wasn't her place, especially when he seemed more worried to find it. Something precious, that she didn't need to understand to help.

"I do not come from around here — I was born in The Orchid and arrived by the Goddess's will. But I know of the packs, for some time has passed. There is three around, and i'm afraid their names are unknown except Nightwalkers (thanks to Mystery), but surely since they have not attacked me yet, they may be friendly." Although in truth the temperate was quite sinister with monsters and elitists within the waking.

"And we shall!" and off they so go, looking for that crown.

the staff team luvs u
09-03-2022, 12:50 PM
Monster

I wish there was a ping system that after a week or something it'll let us know we owe a reply I'm so sorry... 1_face_sweat_frown

Her enthusiasm was contagious as she explained to him the way she arrived and the one name she knew. It was a near ominous name, nightwalkers, something that held mystery and a tinge of danger but one could not draw observations on such a group based solely on a name. The mountain rose and moved with a stiff demeanor as his body screamed for rest while his mind raced and sped with the hope and drive to find this precious gift from his homelands.

I came in surf so would it have washed towards shore by now? Where should we begin...? I'm not even sure where I came in... He offered as the padded towards the water with his temporary companion, he expected her to either run off to find this for herself or have her scoff at home, his lands weren't filled with wolves such as these. Kind and generous were near foreign concepts to him as he was raised under strict rules and almost cruelty, the cruelty aspect was in the eye of the beholder as they were odd and old methods, not torturous ones. Methods that his family had been practicing since his family first laid their claims on the lands they graced

As they padded closer and closer he gave his best attempt at small talk, he was no king of that that was for sure, but something was better then this silence of weakness. He should be able to do these things himself, the prince didn't need any help from anybody... Right? Almost physically shaking off these thoughts he clear d his throat and the sea rasped tones floated towards her softly, nearly drowned out by the rain and thunder.

You said you were born of the Orchid and arrived by the goddesses will... So how did you come to be? Hopefully the question wouldn't come off as too intrusive, the man was an aggressive diplomat, he was used to power and having his way, and when it didn't he would strike and lash out until it was so. He ruled things from where he came from with greed and aggression, but from her interactions with him so far that most likely wasn't the way of the lands here... A new approach would need to be used and put into place... What an exhausting life this would be for a while...

the staff team luvs u

09-29-2022, 04:47 AM
As the two would search she would diverge lightly about The Orchid. A land where they honor the Goddess and the Horned God, between the maidens and the earls. Knowledge was everything, wisdom was important ; and she cherished what she knew highly.. Although in the end, it was a wonder whether they found his item or not.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top