Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
And some say the soul of the city's The toll of the bells

Morning Overcast
P
Elkshire
Visionary
05-28-2022, 01:22 PM
Somewhere between blackwood and royal wisteria. For @Warwick

He kept moving with the herd. A black sheep of a different species, Aldritch had made it his new routine of his to just follow the elk herd he had found wandering the woods. Never had he gone too far from home, he could tell the familiar paths they took and where the smell of Elkshire began - of which he would avoid, but the lands around the nearby mountain were becoming familiar to him.

There was something strange he noticed in the group. A single bull who was slower than the rest. He was behind the others when they travelled and Aldritch would remain closer by his side. At first the bull was apprehensive of his new companion, tried to keep the wolf away from him in fear of being the next meal to the thin youth - but Aldritch had no desire to feed upon the Elk.

After a week or so the two could travel side by side, Al would keep his pace slow for the sickly Elk and keep him on the right path by following the scent of the herd they both followed. Every once in a while the bull would lay down to rest a little too long and with some encouragement from the lost prince would rise and continue to follow the herd again with his companion - Aldritch knew the bull had little time left, but did his best to help in these final moments. Standing guard should any hungry predators be near by... there was little the boy could do against them in his own sorry state, but he wasn't about to turn a blind eye to the companion he helped guide.

Morning came as he slept by the side of the bull, when the morning rays roused him from his slumber, he was surprised to see the herd grazing around the two. “Hey, we made it.” Sluggishly he rose to his feet, nosing the bull gently to try and wake him as he did so many times before.

But nothing came. Aldritch wandered around the bull as he eyed the herd, they already seemed comfortable with his presence. Perhaps they remembered him from before, or they trusted him seeing he travelled with another bull of theirs without injuring him. His tail swayed once while eyeing the herd, turning to see if his companion rose... yet still he slumbered peacefully.

Only then did the realization sink in; and the boy fell to his haunches. Tired and mourning. He pressed his head against the bull's and listened to the silence he now gave, the thrumming of grazing hooves around. Perhaps it wasn't Aldritch who was guiding him but the other way around.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: fornoki_widget_trade.gif]
05-28-2022, 02:41 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Most already knew Warwicks' dawning sprint entailed the surveillance of the moving herd, though they did not move as oft since their expansion of the High Elks blessed newborns. His paws balletically sprung with each touch of the ground, keeping the gears of his running gait at its near highest peak, and his breathing remained rhythmical and in sync with his stride.

He strove to retain a level of fitness that could be evaluated as greater than most. Though if it was his understanding it wasn't, he would only push himself further to excel and succeed to be so.

The elk prince slowed, nearing his perimeter and invisible boundaries of the herd. The rapid expansion and deflation of his lungs clear he was catching his breath still, and he licked his lips several times in between breaths to remoisten them, whilst he recovered and looked between the ungulates peacefully grazing.

It took him a few moments, maybe minutes had passed before he noticed the poor form of his brother, amidst the elk. His stark colours were obvious, and Warwick was always quick to notice if any wolf dared to contemplate ensnaring their sacred beasts.

He walked. Easy but purposefully, to lessen the chances of spooking the flock, ever rare that he would trespass into the privacy of their threshold.

'Brother?', he cooed, close enough to notice the despondent sibling. They looked as ailing as the fallen bull.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-28-2022, 02:59 PM
He took as long as he thought was necessary to mourn the fallen Elk. They had spent days together travelling to follow his herd, though they didn't speak a single word to one another, their bond was strong (at least as far as Aldritch believed). Did the other elk feel the same way? Of losing such a beautiful member of their herd and so had return to keep him company during his final moments? Surely he knew of their comforting presence as he faded away, along with his faithful follower who had been by his side.

Aldritch could only hope he had done the High Elk proud for showing patience, reserving his hunger for other prey only or berries and roots he could find along the way, as well as assisting in the ailing creature despite his own hardships.

And for a moment, he believed a new test was on its way to prove his loyalty and devotion even to the fallen Elk. With his body still warm, he was still edible to heathens around and the sound of approaching feet caught his senses as auds twisted in their direction at first. The elk around them did not move, and it was possible they didn't see danger when an easy meal was there for the pickings. Furiously a growl bubbled up within him, a snarl tearing through his thinning face as he whipped around ready to face whoever might be coming to pick from the carcass too soon - only to stop as a single word was uttered and a familiar face presented itself.

Almost immediately his features fell again. Disinterested, tired and bored as fury and a protective rage faded instantly. “Warwick.” Another one of mother's favourites. “What do you want?” Turning away, he returned to the fallen Elk's crown as though this was where he belonged.

the staff team luvs u
05-28-2022, 03:44 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

No sooner did his angst brothers' fury spark, did it wane, with few elk cows retreating from the brief aggravation. He then placed the welfare of the herd before his sibling, lowering his body in response, flattening to the ground to the ceased beasts' level to lessen their anxiety. 

'Aldritch you do not look well', his voice thick, low and concerned, 'why have you not returned to The Elks Crown?'. But with regards to his brother's current welfare, this took priority over the intrigue of the large elk, he knew He would have planned this, and He had reasons for withdrawing such a magnificent holy creature from their herd.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-28-2022, 06:43 PM
The way Warwick moved didn't quite have the effect he might have wanted from his brother. Instead of diffusing the situation further, Aldritch felt empowered by the lowering of his brother's body. A submissive look from someone who always looked so powerful, who was always so loved looked good on the earth-toned prince. All the while Aldritch would remain prideful in his position next to the fallen Buck, purposely looking down the barrel of his muzzle at Warwick.

“I've never felt better.” Even Aldritch couldn't tell if he was lying or not. His body ached and was scraggly - but mentally, in his own little world with the Elk and their kin, he felt not only like the black sheep, but a happy little follower to their presence and grace. Though he was still cast out as being different than the rest, it was more understandable coming from the Elk than it was from his own family. His own mother.

“I won't be coming back to grovel at our lying mother's side again. I know she's replaced us with a new bastard litter.” Though he had grown perhaps weaker in appearance, he was certainly sharper than ever. His words aimed to cut through @Maral were now aimed at Warwick.

the staff team luvs u
05-28-2022, 07:53 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Aldritchs' composed air of superiority made Warwick adjust himself, it seemed his brother wanted an argument, and there lay the impending threat. Straightening his crown, he slipped his gaze to eye the starting of a protruding ribcage at his brother's side. 'You will fall ill and face the same fate as the beloved bull should you continue as you are', he frowned, baffled by Aldritchs' mindset.

True they were not as close as other siblings, but the duke cared immensely for all his siblings. Adoring them, and only wanting to protect them, taking up this oath to their Divinity many moons ago.

Warwick's patience endured despite the tongue-lashing of his mother. It was bordering his tether to insult their Queen but he clenched his teeth, the tension in his jaw rigid as he bit back the bark he wanted to -- this wasn't about his thoughts right now.

'Careful, Aldritch. Do not speak of what you do not know unless you are baiting me to insist on an explanation. You are being childish if you think that is true. The High Elk has graced mother with a second litter, do you now question His will?', he challenged his brother's faith but remained calm as he do so.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-28-2022, 08:02 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 08:25 PM by Aldritch. Edited 1 time in total.)
A twinge of irritation flashed across his face at Warwick's retort. “Do you not trust in the High Elk as I do with my own fate?” He too would question Warwick in his beliefs. The ones that were poisoned by their mother's twisted teachings, the ones that Calhoun even thought were rubbish and inconsistencies she spewed.

As much as his siblings claimed to be on his side, to love and cherish him as Maral and Calhoun had once told him in their most recent conversations - he never saw it. Nor felt it. He was the literal black sheep as mother explained his curse, to be coloured with dull shades for future sins he had yet to commit. It was unfair! He had to work twice as hard as those who were blessed, and even when he cried as a babe his cries were ignored by all.

So his siblings' continuous lies of their feelings to him only enraged the young lost prince further. He was cursed, not stupid.

“Are you daft to not know how children are created Warwick, or do you need a new lesson from the Elk herd that surrounds us? Tell me, what are their colours? Were they blessed by the High Elk entirely as a gift, or as wretched as I am with white markings as others of our litter? We know who our father is, so will they? ”

the staff team luvs u
05-28-2022, 08:58 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

He shook his head, 'Fate has nothing to do with your own health. You are choosing to eat poorly, Aldritch. If you do not want to come back, then at least return to feast off Elkshires' caches, to better your health before whatever your next endeavours', you could see the pity etched into the darkness of his features, his eyes a pale plea for his brothers welfare. 

He took a breath, to steady himself, to not allow himself to reflect daddy's perilous genes. 

Warwick's eyes changed, narrowing, and he shifted himself quickly to a seat at his sibling's words. 'Do not patronise me, brother', the duke seethed. What was Aldritchs game here? He waited a moment, disallowing the air to escalate into an argument avoidable.

He breathed, his voice quieter than before. 'Mother bore four whelps. Three of which would not be favourable under the High Elks's eyes. But that does not make them, nor you, wretched, Aldritch. It is for you to design your path, and with His guidance to stop you from derailing', there still were no clues to his brother's upset, and he searched his eyes, Warwick's own faltering from that built-up tension. 'I am your brother, at least tell me of where you now wish to go. Vermillion has left Elkshire for Greenwood, northeast of here. Calhoun and Edith have been visiting the Nightwalkers for training', he did not want to mention with whom, 'What is it you now seek, brother?'.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-28-2022, 09:16 PM
He brings me what I need and nothing more.” Pitty, that look on Warwick's face disgusted the lost prince. After all, he didn't want pitty. He wanted to live up to the High Elk's expectations and nothing more. To serve as his most loyal follower, to prove his loyalty to He of a thousand thorns (Al says thorns not horns) and all who oppose his teachings would be met with fury.

Even now Aldritch wondered if it would please the High Elk to rid the world of all he found with white pelts... but how could he do so swiftly without putting himself in harm's way? The prince would think of this more through his years.

Though Warwick fought the anger that bubbled within him, there were small tells that the Elkling picked up on. His patience was waning and Aldritch would not cease until Warwick gave in and saw the lies their mother spewed as well, or left with the same ignorance Maral had. “It is her actions that bring blight to our family. When will you see that brother? She has no husband but instead whores herself out for children, and now Maral takes it upon herself to care for them as we were without. She does not love us, she uses us.”

He took in what Warwick had shared... Nightwalkers, why that group? Their father's pack was without a name as far as he knew, and so he would seek this pack out soon enough should the Elk bring him to them. “I seek the truth. One that mother twists for her own gain. I entrust myself to Him and will follow the Elk as they roam.”

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 03:00 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

His brothers ignorance was dismissed with a disappointed shake of his head. If it was the High Elk's wishes for him to deteriorate further into his state of malnourishment then so be it. Warwick would not question his brother's interpretation of his current health -- if he truly believed it was the desire of their divinity, then he would not dispute this.

The impertinence that Aldritch exhausted was a reflection of his frustrating childhood, the scarcity of their queen's attention, of her love the duke claimed more share of than others. He noticed this. He was not so absent-minded to not realise the stems of his sisters' and brother's urge and desire to abandon their mother or make haste in their departure once they grew independent and decisive. 

Everything that his scorned brother voiced, was pent up emotions; memories that were barred from being close to jovial. And now the venom that attempted to poison their dams name was put into perspective - he could see clearly the route of Aldritchs' hate.

'Do not be so hypocritical Aldritch, by believing your path is so virtuous and in the next breath have doubts for mother's own. If the High Elk so chooses to bestow hues of sin or to encourage her on such a disapproving path, then it's not without reason, is it?'. He hated to admit it. A thought buried into the locked trove in his mind that he never revisited. The second litter confirmed it. Mother must have done something to deserve such a cursed legacy. To continue such wrongdoings. 'And tell me what she has used you for?'.

The latter of his brother's plan Warwick merely digested. The duke visited the Elk more often during their days of birthing. And a wave of guilt but, more powerfully, an idea then grew in his thoughts. If Aldritch believed he would happen upon a slain boar or rabbit here and there, then this would improve his health and he would not think any less if this is what the High Elk was blessing him with, all the while it would be his brother planting them there. 

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-29-2022, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 03:19 PM by Aldritch.)
“Then we are in agreement, aren't we?” He scoffs. Continuously twisting Warwick's words to suit Aldritch's own views. It was all he had to keep himself somewhat sane after all. To dive deeply into the beliefs he had grown up with and seek further truths by watching those they claimed to be sacred - because who else would know better than the Elk themselves on how to live truly Pure. “Mother is the cause for this scourge through our bloodline; and I refuse to follow her wretched path.”

As the brothers spoke the herd around them continued to graze. Barely concerned with the wolves speaking to one another as they weren't the target in either boy's eyes. One had travelled with them for weeks now, especially with one of them who was ill and the other showed submissive behaviour and ignored their presence. Cautiously they grazed, and in the peripherals of the lost prince's age, he could see them carefully picking through the grasses.

Nothing.” And that was his problem. “She never loved me. She tolerated my presence and adored you all, even those marked with white, she had more love for them than I.” The venom continued to spew from the enraged boy's mouth, a glint of madness peeking through his vibrant eyes. “It was the High Elk who chose this dress for me, and it will be He who guides me to penance. To follow her lies and assist in her ways will only further you all from His light.” And for a moment there was a glimmer of grief.

To think that his siblings, even the ones graced with the beautiful colours of brown would be taken away from His graces due to their mother's selfishness and lies. “Maral is lost, if you truly care Warwick, you will join me with the Elk. After all, He brought you to us.”

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 04:02 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Warwick understood. But he also could see the derailing in his brother's eyes, the moment he realised there was an unhinging that was beyond salvaging. Regardless of their religion, they were still blood. The Queen of Elkshire was the head of their church, and simultaneously their mother -- he would not turn his back on her nor his brother before him. 

'Then do not accuse our mother of using any of us when she has not', his voice stern and putting an end to such immature assumptions.

His brother was blind. There was a noxious obsession with seeking forgiveness from their High Elk. And it dawned on Warwick his sibling was on a riptide, pulled away from anything other than his deprived love and attention, ultimately blaming his hue and in turn, blaming their mother. It was a vicious cycle and one that would not be hindered in his eyes.

'You are being selfish. Instead of aiding those who need it, you only turn away to save yourself. How gallant of you, Aldritch'. 

He then looked at the Elk, many he had come to know so well since the early days he was but a toddler seeking them out. 'He brings me to them every day. To ensure His flock are always watched over. If He brought me to you, it was only as a siren for your ill health and deterioration'. He looked back at his brother, that same flair of pity washing over him. Warwick could see him sinking, and nobody was going to be able to withdraw him from the turbulent waters. 'You are mistaken if you believe manipulation or blackmail will see me abandoning our family'.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
Visionary
05-29-2022, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 05:36 PM by Aldritch. Edited 1 time in total.)
“I didn't say she wasn't using you. Her precious little favourite. She's groomed you into her perfect little drudge. At least through her neglect, I am free from her lies.” It was Warwick who was the pitiful one after all. The one who had to pick up after their mother who went and offered herself to nearly any man in order to breed more servants. “Maral is to care for the new brood mother has brought, and you, what is your task?”

The boy's life was never an easy one, especially now the hardships showed onto his features - but now he felt stronger than the weak little snivelling whelp he was. He had a task that didn't involve living in the shadows Celnes had thrust him into. His task was to learn the truth their mother refused to tell and be a servant to Him, not her.

“I turn my back on mother, I have offered you and Maral an escape and yet you both choose to follow her lies. My path is one that any can follow, you, just as our sister, have chosen not to take it.” And it seemed that the brothers would never truly see eye to eye on this matter. A shame. For one so beautiful so be tainted by lies, only to follow sin in the end where his false prophet would guide him into.

“Through poverty I will know true virtue. That is how I was brought up, and the path that continues to show itself to me. After all... wasn't it mother, along with Remus, who had starved us until we do as we were told? It was Him who guided me through that, not them, and it is He who continues to give me what I need. Mother has made a mockery of his rules and I will not let you too feed me more of her falsities.”

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 06:57 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Warwicks' features creased, frowning upon words that were beyond exhausting. 'You are delusional, brother. Undoubtedly, your weight loss has wreaked havoc upon your mind', the duke would not believe a word against his mother. Insistent his brother was now deranged. 'We all as a unit in Elkshire are looking after our brothers and sister. Everyone takes part in their growth, in the same way, Elkshire raised us as young', he corrected him as they all took their part in watching over the growing whelps in mother's absence. 

It seemed the conversation was lengthy goodbye. One where nothing was left unsaid, or rather Aldritch needed to run his mind off to ensure all knew of his rebellion. 

'You seem to have much to say, brother, yet you do not confront our own mother about your concerns? Instead, you cower and leave without so much as a goodbye to me, Calhoun or our beloved sisters who have never harmed you with so-called lies or manipulation, why is that? Do we now mean nothing to you?'. If this was a goodbye, he needed to know why he seemed to resent him and his blood so.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 07:10 PM
“And you are spoiled. The favouritism blinded you.” Because how could someone who was coddled, loved oh so deeply, be given an abundance of attention whether he wanted it or not while he, Aldritch, the dark prince, the reject, would cry out at night just to fall on deaf ears. To be the last to be picked up and given any time. You were cared for, not I.” The boy counters swiftly. Giving Warwick little time between sentences for either of them to truly digest what was said.

Aldritch was adamant in not faltering, in listening to what he had already deemed were pretty lies aimed to try and take him away from his herd. Lies that were aimed to take him back to a life of rejection and shadows, of faces turned away due to his shades.

“I took the opportunity while she was occupied with Edith's vanishing to leave. It was easy, I wasn't far for long but not once had I heard her cry my name. Only Edith and Calhoun. Calhoun and I already spoke before we left, and both of us agreed we no longer wished to stay. I waited for the right time, and I ceased it.” He'd force air out of his nostrils as though he was smelling something disgusting. As though Warwick's words were foul to his nose and only the venom he spat along with a harsh exhale would free him from this stench.

“Calhoun showed me he cared. We came to an agreement. He too saw the lies that mother told us, and we took our own paths to be free.”

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 07:30 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

'Enough Aldritch', his patience was wearing thin. 'You point at me as though it was my choice to be the favoured, as though I am the instigator for mother's neglect', he chose an altered voice, to resound his frustration and end his brother's wrath against him.

He listened to the explanation, which did a complete detour of what was asked. 'You did not answer why you chose not to front mother about your questions, about her faith and why she chooses to lie to you before you made your decision to leave? And you approached Calhoun yet failed to seek me. Am I now undeserving of such an explanation?'.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 07:48 PM
You continuously fail to see. Believing that our upbringing was similar in any way just because we shared a womb at one time. You believe I'm delusional but my eyes have been opened. You choose to not see the truth due to the rose-tinted glasses you see through when observing our mother.” Despite Warwick's frustration and demand to cease, he would continue. Would Warwick lash out in frustration to his sibling? The failure of bringing him "home", of being bombarded with what Aldritch believed to be the truth about Warwick's beloved mother; was it all weighing on him finally?

“I will confront her in time. I seek the truth, and I will return with it when I have learned His ways through his apostles.” He kept his head high above squared shoulders. “We are still young, you think she would listen to a single word I say now?” Of course she wouldn't. She tried to poison their minds with lies already, what would stop her from doing so now? He had to know the truth, to solidify his beliefs and come back stronger than ever in his faith.

“Calhoun found me. Approached me in the Sleeping Doe's Range. I made no advancement, especially not toward the favoured. By my recollection, Calhoun is the only one who had ever approached me - at least before my departure.”

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 08:12 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 08:13 PM by Warwick. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
'You are choosing to believe something that is untrue. I witnessed our upbringing, I witnessed her failure to dote on all, and I've witnessed through our siblings, including you​​​​​​, the lack of unconditional love from our mother. But I am not the reason for your rage'. Warwick noticed the signs early on in their infancy, he found tears running down sisters' faces in times of their desperation. But only connecting the dots as he matured, and conversations were had between siblings. Aldritch was using Warwick as a punching bag, spewing his pent up emotions that churned within him. It was unfair that a brother that so loved his siblings was now experiencing such hostility.

He always found it easy to speak with their mother, she seemed to have time for him when needed, and he was not so naive to not believe what Aldritch said. They were still young, but that did not insinuate their mother would not listen to their upsets. 'You are quick to assume she would not, when you shouldn't'. He could not see his mother reprimanding her son for his loyalty to their deity.

'You are the one leaving us, Aldritch. If I was to leave I would have the heart to at least bid you farewell. So why are we here? You wish to now turn your back on me too?'. Warwick was hurt, but he retained his composure and decided he would not let Aldritch see such.
He did not deny the grey brother his freedom, only seeking to understand his reasons for leaving. 

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 08:30 PM
“No, that is what you are doing.” And he was immoveable in that. After all, Aldritch went to the source to learn, did he not? “By siding with our lying mother, you are the reason for it. She brings those with white upon their flesh into this life, soon one of pure alabaster will come from her as well as his rage grows.” And he would not partake in such an event.

“She has given me no reason to trust her either.” Through her lies of their own religion she had chosen to teach them, the lack of consistency that flowed through her - the false pretence that she brought puppies into this world by His wishes and not her own selfish desires to create more followers to her false religion.

“Nor do I have reason to trust you.” He frowned. Brows creased while wrinkles formed on the bridge of his nose. “Why the sudden interest Warwick? Never had you shown any until today. Why would I believe your words now? You could be as much of a filthy liar as she is just trying to do her bidding.” He licked his lips quickly. “I will turn my back on any who follow her perversion of Him.” Which certainly included family.

Only the High Elk held any of the boy's adoration. Only He had brought the fallen prince this far after all...

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 09:02 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

The Elk prince refused to listen to his brother's disloyalty. Choosing to run his blood dry off of their family, and furthermore issuing Warwick under the same lies and manipulation as their dam when he never gave Aldritch reason from the beginning of their childhood to believe him as deceptive. He loved, played and enjoyed his siblings as they grew. 

The verbal battering Aldritch gave was breaking down Warwick's limitations, he would defend his mother, and he would defend his family. And if Aldritch no longer deemed himself as such, then that was his choice. 

More abhorrent words came, each striking at the strings of his forbearance until the inevitable brewed up. 

Fully embracing his paternal heritage, the duke rose upon Aldritchs' last words of accusation of himself. He had tolerated enough. The boy was more than amiable in his agreeance and understanding of his brother's woes, but the lashing of dishonouring their mother and himself had gone too far. 

He fractured. And without so much as a warning, Warwick snapped at the heated space between the duo. Biting several times, twisting the folds of his lips, baring his incisors at the traitor, with a snarl that severed their ties as brothers. 'ENOUGH', a battle roar that put an end to the insults. Elk fled around them, and for once in his life, this did not upset him -- his brother did.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 09:15 PM
This time it would be Aldritch's questions that would go unanswered. While Warwick chose to remain silent and drink in the words, allow his hardened shell to crack under the pressure the shadowed prince kept badgering him with - the Elk prince would continue. Filled the silence with his hatred. “Perhaps you will never see the truest of paths thanks to her. It's a shame she managed to poison you so.”

He didn't care about the silence that persued. The boy only took it to keep digging that knife deeper. To keep making sure that Warwick heard him and maybe if not today, some day he too would soon see their mother's lies and turn to the path that was being laid out for those who wished to follow. “Maybe you weren't as strong as Remus thought you were by obtaining that meal.” He just kept talking. Preaching what he truly believed were things that were opened up to him as soon as he turned away from his mother and Elkshire.

“Maybe by following her heels it has made you weak.” And Warwick exploded. His rage sending Aldritch's herd to flee, but he could find them again. He knew he could. The High Elk wouldn't leave him alone any longer than their mother has and all the acolyte had to do was keep his faith in His ways. The boy didn't move with the snaps of teeth toward him, and instead nearly dared Warwick to draw first blood.

In this moment as Warwick cracked... Aldritch truly felt victorious. He may be weaker in body, but his soul felt stronger. “Go back home Warwick. You've done enough damage here.” Despite the desire to grin, he chose to conceal it for now. Keeping a solid line across his lips as he stared at this brother with disinterest.

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 10:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-29-2022, 10:10 PM by Warwick. Edited 1 time in total.)
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Warwicks' warning was ignored. His energy mounting up with each word Aldritch continued to spew on his warpath to antagonise the duke. The grey son of Celnes would drive himself further to be an outcast, and Warwick would ensure he never set foot in their home again - with or without his mother's approval.

Upon Aldritchs' dismissal, blatantly ignoring the perilous warnings, the duke would now force his silence. The quivering lips of his mouth continuously flagged at his sibling, and then he lunged - quickly to snap and grip onto the front of his brother's whole snout, to cease his verbal diarrhoea. And gripped down, tightly, spilling blood if need be to accentuate his sincerity. Unwavering in his grasp until the boy remained as mute as the elk that now fled out of sight.

And then he let go, shoving his weight into his unlatch to push Aldritch away. That streak of prevailing dominance shone through Warwick, his whole body now a beacon to show his brother his own, nonverbal, warpath - and he would not back down either.

'Leave, Aldritch. Just as your herd have. And may our blessed High Elk condemn you for your sins of betrayal', he spat at his brother, through gritted teeth as he seethed. 

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 10:17 PM
There was a certain sense of uncertainty that flashed across Aldritch's face. Was he surprised at the physical violence that Warwick had wrought? No... not quite. He was Celnes' follower after all. The boy reached out as his maw was being held tightly shut, trying to pry at his so called "brother"s face, lips, eyes to get him to let go.

He was no proper opponent to Warwick this way - in his tired, starved state, Aldritch was far too weak to match Warwick in brute strength. He never was. Growling while within the Duke's maw, he wouldn't relent to the wrath brought on by a sinner.

As soon as he was released, he fell silent while looking over his muzzle. Crossing eyes to try and get a better view before turning a burning orange stare at the violent brother. No. You leave. I will not leave his side for you to desecrate. If violence is what she teaches, then I will die here by your paws.” He returned with the same ire. Fearing nothing but the emptiness that their mother had brought. The rift between what could have been family due to her favourtism and sins.

No matter how much Warwick would try, the boy would remain as close to the fallen Elk as he could. This was his companion, not theirs. It was Aldritch who spent the buck's final moments together, and he would not leave until peace was restored around him.

DAMN you and her!” The only attack he could do was fling dirt at Warwick, in hopes to blinding the trained Duke and giving Aldritch even a sliver of a chance against him.

the staff team luvs u
05-30-2022, 09:35 PM
[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]

Warwick braced and felt the impact of a paw attempting to pry him away from his fixed-grip, and a jagged claw caught the corner of his lips, feeling the split, but this did not deter the enraged brother, fury now overriding any senses until he moved away. Golden eyes were burning as bright as the oranges of the next brother and they both exhaled more flames -- too stubborn to withdraw the edge of their swords at one another throats.

But internally the duke found victory, for he had hushed the grey brother, of his impertinence and ignorance. Of the tantrums recounting his unloved childhood. Of his selfishness and disloyalty to the crown. But fundamentally he silenced the belittling of their mother.

Warwick was not here for death, he was here for his brother. One that was beyond the stage of help he now realised. He may have hurled a regrettable choice of words at him, but later that night would the duke seek the abyss of stillness come midnight and pray to their High Elk to sacrifice a bit of his own guidance to keep a closer watch on Aldritch - it was not his fault.

The duke was unwavering, standing his own ground; he would not be defeated by a traitorous brother. He was heir to the throne, and would not be pushed into the earth so easily. He remained silent. The dirt spattered at the side of his cheek as he flinched turning his head hesitantly to the side, but his eyes remained structurally unmoving upon his brother. 

The herd would soon be leaving him astray, and Warwick knew his brother would need to leave at some point to regroup with his newfound family.

Even if it meant waiting all night.

[narrow width=300]

[/narrow]
the staff team luvs u
06-05-2022, 02:35 PM
As far as the wayward prince was concerned, he would win this. He knew the hardships out here in comparison to Warwick who knew only comforts. A full belly, love, attention - while Aldritch knew the emptiness of the opposing end of the spectrum. The two boys sat in silence, waiting out each other.

Though at first, he pitted Célnes' children, the ones who remained behind to suckle at her lies. He now hated Warwick. A fire burned deep within the young prince's soul, to think that someone who defend such a wretched woman and justify her actions and lies.

At this moment, the boy decided he would no longer pray for Warwick to find the light, for he would never see it through their mother's blanket of fiction. He had been raised to be the enemy, to bow to false prophets and Gods that mocked His image and prayers would be wasted on the likes of them.

Even if his body would waste away further as he waited for Warwick to lose interest, he would do so in His name. After all, should he please the High Elk with acts of self-sacrifice to His name, for His glory against the heathens that were of Elkshire loyalists, Aldritch was confident would be rewarded.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top