Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
But I don't mind,

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
AW
Entertainer
05-26-2022, 04:16 AM
"When this world is no more
The moon is all we'll see
I'll ask you to fly away with me
Until the stars all fall down."

The sun was rising, and she faced it's beauty to the west by the fields. Grassed in the lands of rolling grass, a breeze passed by and brushed against her wisping fur. She felt a strange serenity that brought her to awake just before the sun was setting, and thus Miriam did not fall back to sleep. Instead she waited, watching as the sky turned gold and she.. Gently singing alongside it's rising. She laid upon the tallest mound she could find, smiling and tuning away with a delicate voice.

"They empty from the sky
But I don't mind
If you're with me, then everything's alright
If you're with me, then everything's alright."

the staff team luvs u
06-07-2022, 04:37 AM
she reminds him of a doe. there were times when he’d been out on hunt and the world and his packmates would melt from his view. the buzzing hum of the plants and the wind would intensify until they, too, blistered away. and all that would be left was the doe – standing alone. it would be so close he could swear to hear it chewing, the muscles pulsing in its neck with the minor effort.

but the woman draped across the hill is no doe.

her voice pauses him when he first discerns it. his entire body affixes to its lull – she has a silky tune, a flow and a sweetness that might be swallowed back by the wind in its entirety if he didn’t strain to listen.

he pads toward it near mindlessly, head tilting as he strains to see her in the brutally advancing sunlight. it’s not too often, after all, that he’s active when the day breaks.

he poises himself to loom over her, the behemoth of a child clearly not broken into the concept of personal space.
i’ve never heard anyone cry like that.

@Miriam

the staff team luvs u
Entertainer
06-08-2022, 02:30 AM
Someone approached her, came and loomed over as she looked at him so ; thinking that it may be a man if not for the boyish features and voice as well ; assumingly, younger then herself. He smelled of others, pack drenching him so and it reminded her of another, the one who found her firstly within this land and treated her with a kindness. Wondering lightly if it happened by chance, that these two were packmates? She blinked at him, tilted her head to one day.

"Oh no, it's a song!" She smiled at him, a light song of a hum within her voice, "though maybe it does sound sad.." she wondered lightly, words coming from her lips as she hummed more of the same song, right as the other was within the bubble of space. She scooted lightly to look at him properly, a distance between but despite how close they were, he didn't made an indication of danger.

"Short steps, deep breath
Everything is alright
Chin up, I can't
Step into the spotlight
She said, "I'm sad, "
Somehow without any words
I just stood there
Searching for an answer."

the staff team luvs u
06-09-2022, 10:49 PM
he seats himself with a faintly reciprocated smile. “oh?” he murmurs. but he isn’t looking for a detailed explanation. he listens to her melody in silence, looking her over. she doesn’t smell like another pack, probably a lone wolf.

a lone woman, far smaller than he and within the powerful reach of his jaws. he wonders what father would say if he didn’t bag her up and drag her back with him.

“’slike a story. what does it mean?” he asks after her verse is complete.

the staff team luvs u
Entertainer
06-16-2022, 09:09 PM
Miriam sat and smiled, nodding her head maybe with a bit too much enthusiasm, "most songs have a story and reason to them. At least, some of the ones I know." So the The Orchid had taught her. She knew a few songs at the top of her head, music that brought charm and life when otherwise a silence into the night. Where there is nothing, there is always a beauty and a wolf to sing to the moon itself ; and she will always find her son amongst the dark.

"It means even if we don't understand each other, as long as we are together, we will be alright." Although Miriam knew not the origins, it was one of her favorites. She found a rather lovers charm to it, perhaps a day to sing to her own mate if it came to be ; but for the meanwhile mindlessly song through her time wandering so.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top