Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
Slip Away into the Darkness

Evening
P
Medic
05-22-2022, 02:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2022, 02:04 AM by Lemon. Edited 1 time in total.)

Since her encounter with Marvel, she had learned quite the light in which Satan casted himself in. He was a cruel and manipulative beast and she had half a mind to confront him. Of course, in this predicament she had found herself in, she continued to keep herself far away from the eyes that made her skin crawl. Having decided that she would face him when her cycle had ended, which could not be more than a few more days… At least that is how it had gone before. The first time her mother had barricaded her inside the den and refused for her to leave without rolling herself in the stench of skunk. Now, her mother was not around to protect her from the harm that lurked in every shadow. She looked to her paws, turning them over to see the freshly pinkened scars from her outing. She understood the concept of healing, various herbs that would help but considering that they were in a desert she was less likely to run into what she needed.

Instead, the female would have to make due with the clayed mud, she even applied it to the length of her nose where the hair was shorter and more prone to sunburn. Having been keeping amongst herself, she mildly wondered where Marvel had run off to. Her instincts were to protect - but she had a feeling that he was capable of keeping himself from harm’s way. Taking in a deepened breath she moved to the start of where the cavern would form her den. Having thought that she was quick enough not to be spotted by the others in the pack, she veered straight into where she claimed her space. Various cacti had also found themselves inside of her den, moving to break open the leaves with a rock. Wiping away the mud from her paws and nose, she applied the thick liquid. Instantly cooling her senses as she settled against the compacted sand.

Ears perked forward as she settled against her haunches, tail moving to protect the tips of her toes. Her scent wrapping around her form, she knew not to give into the temptation her body craved. She had always been told to keep herself pure, if the smell managed to get too heavy she would remove herself to the fresh air. The coolness of the rock began to slowly move her to her stomach, pressing her head against her paws as she yawned to herself. Surely she could just take a quick nap and then be out of the cavern before anyone noticed.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-22-2022, 02:10 AM
The mad had been curious where Lemon had wandered off to, though not too concerned as he figured she wouldn't be dumb enough to try and run. Still, he figured it was time enough to try and find her. As he left his den, the scent hit him rather hard and instantly he knew why she was hiding. This wasn't the first time he had smelt heat on a woman and it certainly wasn't going to be the last. 

With a hum, the man would follow the scent, curious as to what she was doing to try and mask it. It was clear to him that she didn't want to be found, which made him search for her even harder. As he got closer, he would let out a soft warning growl, letting her know that he was there. Last thing he needed was for a crazy ass hormonal woman to attack him. That wouldn't end well for either of them. 

After a few moments of tracking, he would finally find her, ears pushed forward as he gazed upon her. "Hiding away are we?" He caught the scent, much stronger now, but kept himself cool. He knew he could take her at any time if he wanted to, but for now chose not to, though his eyes shown brightly as he gazed upon her.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
05-22-2022, 02:29 AM

Emerald orbs with accented golden would flutter behind her eyelids, taking in a deepened breath as she curled into herself. Much like the day he had found her she was in the same position, sleeping. Pushing her snout under her tail to hide out the golden hour of the sun, deciding an afternoon nap would be appreciated after spending her time outdoors. She was still unsure how to cope with the heat, but considering she was able to find creative ways to keep her skin from trauma it was fairly easy to cope. Lemon had been surveying the lands, she had been trying to execute herself an escape route - of course bringing in tow Marvel. Her breathing continued to grow longer, until she was on the brink of slumber. It would be interrupted by a growl outside of her door. She stiffened visibly, her teeth slowly began to bare in her own warning.

The earthen toned female was not in the mood for the games in which he would play. They had an agreement, she chose not to become one of his one night stands in exchange for keeping her virginity. Ears flattened to her skull, his voice slinking through the air and squeezing against her body like a snake to their prey. She would not descend into his games so easily, no. The moment he appointed her a rank was when their respect would be implemented. Lemon kept her word, she did not try and run… at least yet. She had to stay for Marvel and if enduring this man was going to keep him safe, so be it.

She snuffed, her head moving upwards to watch the individual on the other side of the room. Brow quirked, of course Lemon was not the brightest, but she would not comply with what she deemed right versus wrong. She knew what he wanted, fear, and Lemon would not give him that so easily. Her tail would flick behind her, “Hiding? No.” Her voice low, one that held the danger he would put himself in if he were to cross further into her den, “I have no reason to hide from you, sir.”

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-22-2022, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 04:12 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
There was something up with her, but what he wasn't sure. He remembered how bubbly and excited she was about everything before. Sure, it likely could be because he had forced her to join the pack, but at the same time, he didn't make any move to force her into anything else. He never forced his way into her bed, gave her a cave to live in and even made sure that she had food to fill her belly every night. Life what that bad, was it?

The man watched her from outside her den, a small smirk on his face as he caught the tone of her voice and the daggers that she sent him. Quietly, he would sit there, making no moves to enter her den. That was hers after all and who was he to take away her safe space. After a few moments, he would stand up, gesturing with his head. "Come have dinner with me. You'll be protected from any unmated male if you're concerned about it." He remembered what she had said when they first met, assuming that she still wanting to keep herself intact. 

He would begin to walk away, not glancing behind himself but keeping his ears pinned back towards her direction to see if she would follow. He didn't force her to and kept his distance as he walked to give her as much space as she wanted to have. He simply wanted to share a meal with her, not seeming to have any ill intent as he offered.

the staff team luvs u
06-20-2022, 05:49 PM

Had she been offered an invitation to the pack, instead of purely getting forced her attitude may be different. Of course, getting to know the aspects and expectancies that the pack upheld with their morals was anything but right in Lemon’s eyes. She was never known to fight, her free-spirited and gentle nature was something as off-putting as a thorn in someone’s paw. Did he honestly believe that she would be happy to become trapped in a place such as this? Among others, they murdered for fun and played in pools of blood.

He settled at the outer portions of her den, daring not to set a single paw behind the threshold. Waiting for her to emerge and decide for herself what she wished to do. Her ears would fall momentarily before perking upwards at the mention of food. It seemed to make her mouth water, stomach rumbled with intensity to accept the offer. Of course, the female weighed her options and decided it best to have a conversation with the other. Shuffling up on all fours, her smaller form would make its way the shortened distance to the mouth of the den.

Pausing momentarily and watching as the other had already made his way towards where the promise of food was. Sighing, it was just dinner. She had upheld her part of the bargain and her stomach betrayed her mind. Every ounce of her wanted to say no, but the earthen female found herself walking after him. Ears swiveled in various directions as she watched the eyes glow from the other packmates. Her scent intoxicates her current state, trying her best to keep herself calm.

“Where are we goin’?” She called from behind, moving a bit closer to the leader, knowing that he would not be challenged.

the staff team luvs u
06-21-2022, 01:26 AM
He hid a small smirk as she followed him, the promise of food too good for her to refuse. He knew that the other male members were watching from the shadows, but the brute never once looked their way, confidence and power exuding from him as he walked with his head held high. He would gladly take on any challenge and take it further than they probably wanted. If anyone even dared to challenge him, regardless of what it was for, he would send them to their grave. 

As he walked, he noticed how she moved closer to him, a small chuckle escaping his maw. He knew that she certainly didn't feel safe around him, but at least safer around him than other unmated males. Sure, he was also a mateless male with his own urges and desires, but he also had more willpower than most. That's not to say that if she came onto him, he would turn away. But, he could at least keep himself from losing his mind around her. 

"We're going to my den." He said simply, though he wasn't actually planning to take her to his den. Instead, as they reached the front of his den near the front of the tunnels, he would walk in. If she didn't follow him, she would soon hear dragging sounds as he pulled out half of a camel, something he had stashed in the back of his den.

the staff team luvs u
06-21-2022, 02:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-21-2022, 02:24 AM by Lemon.)

The sharpness of lemon would cut through her form, followed by the sweetened char of honey with the aromatics of mint. Intensified as she began to walk the familiar path from the front to the entrance. She had not seen nor realized how far away his den was from her own, deciding it would be the best outcome but she still could not help but wonder how she would be able to pass by without him noticing. He answered his question so nonchalantly that she had not realized it until she was in front of the lion’s mouth. She paused at the outer portion of the den, her tail slinking to hide her more sensitive aspects. Eyes would follow the outer perimeter of his den and then slowly she would peer inside. It was dark - not as inviting as her own with the softened glow of the sun or moon through her tiny peephole.

Blinking momentarily as she watched the shadowed figure drag a much larger hoard from the thickened darkness. She moved back to allow him space to come through, keeping her guard down but it would slowly begin to drop. Wondering his intentions, this was the man that had killed that poor child’s parents. Yet, she had no idea why he had done it. Would it be okay to ask? Deciding it best to keep quiet, she would spectate the male. Moving slowly forward, her ears pinned to her skull as she would lower herself in submission.

She knew she stood no chance against the male in question, her wittiness would not get her out of her clutches but she could at least try. Her mother warned her that her naive nature of only seeing the good in others would invoke her death. If only she knew where she was now. She wondered if her family even missed her, looking at the camel. Not stupid enough to not understand the hierarchy. He would eat first and she soon would join him after, “You are not as ruthless as I had expected.” She commented, turning her attention to the barren walls of rock, “Why are you bein’ so nice? Ain’t there a catch or somethin’?” Would partaking in the food become something more than she realized.

the staff team luvs u
06-21-2022, 03:34 AM
In all reality, he had expected her to turn tail and run when he brought her to his den, though as he emerged from the darkness of his room back into the open air, there she still stood. It probably would have been smarter for her to run from him, but instead, she chose not to. Interesting. 

Nonetheless, As he pulled the prey into the opening, he would lay himself down next to it, though made no move to eat. Instead, his eyes remained on hers, watching her closely. With a simple nod towards the food, he would invite her to eat first, something that wasn't normal for him. However, he would instead focus on her words, cocking his head to the side slightly before answering. "Don't let this fool you, I am extremely ruthless and in no way am I nice. However, you are apart of my pack and with that, you gain my protection and my kindness." He would shake his head slightly, looking rather bored. "There is no catch, like I said, you are of Warcrest and, though your joining wasn't the simplest, you still get to see my kindness. Those not of my pack don't get that curtesy often."

His words were simply, though a small warning lay there, letting her know that, if she left warcrest, he would in no way be nice anymore.

the staff team luvs u
06-24-2022, 07:19 PM

She could not justify herself by simply cowering to the individual that had imprisoned her. Lost amongst the crowd and soon enough he would forget about her, he would eventually get bored. Boredom only would strike if she did as she was told, coming to realize she was not as interesting as he would have believed in the beginning. It also went against her nature to be anything but kind to others, a sickening trait that only brought turmoil to her life. However, if she did not smile at the cruelness of the world, how would they believe that it is still good in their hearts? <i> She is such a clueless idiot</i>.

Settling next to the carcass and allowing her to divulge into the delicate treat, she had never had camel before. Teeth sinking in the flesh she would rip open the muscle meat and go straight for the organs that lay below. It was richer in protein and higher in minerals that would bring her strength back. Blood smeared across her face, even so much as getting on the tops of her ears as she would pull back. Her tongue licked the side of her mouth, the female’s tail swaying slowly behind her. Before the threats would evade her mind, she understood what he was trying to portray to the female. If she had any plans of escape it would only bring nothing but turmoil in her direction.

“I do not understand the potential you see in me. I ain’t much of a hunter, more so a gatherer. I only know some knowledge of healin’ and I ain’t much to look at.” Perhaps her persuading him in the notion that she was nothing worthy of a grand pack like this, “If…” She started slowly, her ears pressing to the back of her skull, “Would you let me go?” She asked, her southern charm slowly depleting at the desperation that settled against her form, “If I did what you asked… before?” Give up her body for her to grasp the chance of her freedom. Morally she was disgusted with herself, but she had not seen another choice. Ears would slowly unravel from the top of her head, “I want Marvel to come with me as well.” She made him a promise, that she would not leave without him.

the staff team luvs u
07-03-2022, 12:50 AM
He watched her for a moment as she ate, content to simply lay there. He may be a brute, but he at least had manners.... sometimes. Nonetheless, his eyes would move to her own as she spoke, cocking his head to the side slightly. "Not many question my reasonings, it's not a smart thing to do..." Mostly because most were either scared of him or respected him enough to not. If it was questioning him about anything else, he probably would have snarled at her or slapped her and told her to not question him again. However, she had intrigued him and so he figured he would answer her this time. "You are an addition to my pack, to grow it strong. Not only that but you are a woman, one that can help raise the pups within my borders. On top of that, you're a healer, which is something that we lack here." He would lean down to start eating, though not pulling it away from her either. "And you surely are something to look at." He said between bites, not really thinking much of it. She was beautiful, yes but he wasn't one to get sappy and say things like that. She would have to read between the lines on that one. 

His attention peaked as she spoke again, this time his face pulling away to look at her, his maw now covered in blood. With a raised eyebrow he would think for a moment, though confusion crossed his face as she spoke of Marvel "Why would you want to take Marvel. He is free to do whatever he wants. I found him within the deserts and gave him a home. He may be a child, but he has free will." Suspicion was clear in his voice as he stared her down, silently demanding that she explain herself. Why was she trying to steal loyal members from him?

the staff team luvs u
Content Warning
07-03-2022, 05:15 AM
Content Warning
This post contains content that may be unsettling to some readers, including:
  • Sexuality

Intimidating. Dominant. Ruthless. Were the various words that would make up his demeanor, she had never felt safe when she was around him. Even now, she knew that she would always be at his mercy. Wondering eventually if tomorrow would come or in the middle of the night he would find no use for her anymore. The she-wolf’s gaze would falter, she was a coward in the eyes of the male before her. Making her feel even more vulnerable to whatever he wished to do of her, the female would feel a wave of unsureness. Her heat cycle had yet been at full peak and her body craved what it desired. Why did she wish to be of use to him, however, he would like? Surely her morals were out of line due to the cloud that formed in her brain. Blocking out righteous thoughts and replacing them with nothing more than lust and desire. Quickly, she shook out her coat. Decided it best to pay attention to the snack before her then well… the main course was placed in front of her.

It was true, the number of wounds that she saw on the various warriors that partook in the pack needed someone of her caliper to help. She understood herbs and their properties, she just needed more practice, and what better way than to fix the broken here. Blood now pressed to her chest as she ripped open an artery, staining the cream fur beneath. Stepping back as he stepped forward, having decided her stomach was satisfied for the night. Instead, her tongue would fall against her legs, grooming herself from the blood before it stained. Her ears perked forward, no one had ever complimented her on her looks before. Looking away in embarrassment it was then that the subject began to change to Marvel.

Her eyes would cast a looming stare, pondering for a moment until he blatantly lied to her face. Slowly she raised her head, “Why lie? He told me everything. It ain’t right to have killed that poor boy’s parents. He was just a youngin’, still is.” Trying her best to keep her temper in check, she would have rather him be honest, of course, she had not seen a reason as to why Marvel would lie to her. He had nothing to gain besides sympathy and even then… she had lost her appetite entirely, “May I be dismissed?” Her disgust hanging on those words as she moved back on all fours, she would rather take her chances in the lion’s den of horny men than be in his presence any longer.

the staff team luvs u
07-03-2022, 06:31 PM
All movement stopped as she spoke, accusing him of lying and telling him that he had killed Marvel's parents. For a moment, he just stared at her silently before suddenly, bursting out in laughter, one that shook his whole body. It took him a few minutes to calm himself down as he chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "I killed Marvel's parents? Oh that's hilarious. I really should have a talk with Marvel about scaring the new members. Let me get one thing straight with you. I never even met Marvel's parents. They probably died when the last pack that called this place home fell. When I arrived at the desert I found him alone and offered him a home. As I said before he has full freedom here." 

With that, he would stand up, all humor gone from his face. With a snarl, he would glare down at her. "Next time you have an issue with me, I suggest you come find me first. I can promise you, if I had killed his parents, it would have either been for a good reason, or I wouldn't have left him alive either." He spoke only truths, though he cared zero if she believed him. "If you want to leave, I could care less. Leave the protection of the pack and wander through the desert alone while in heat, see if anyone else is as welcoming as I am." He reminded her that, though he had talked about it before, now that she was in heat he hadn't made a singular move to mate with her.

With a huff, he would turn to leave, walking deep into his den and leaving her alone with the meal that he hardly ate from.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top