Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
But I'm Never Lonely

Evening
P
Adventurer
Discovery
05-19-2022, 08:32 PM

Gwen wasted no time trekking onward towards the north. She still had no lead to go off of regarding Dalila, but at this point, she more or less had gone back to her aimless wandering. It wasn't that she no longer cared, it was the opposite really. Sitting in one spot waiting for someone to tell her never really went as well as people said it did. Venturing meant she could map all that she could and ask fellow nomads what they had seen, but that only really worked so long as she was alive.

Pale blues glanced up between towering sequoia trees at the sky as it began to paint with color in the sun's descent. The damn cougar had really set her whole day off. Maybe if she was lucky she would be able to scrounge up a small meal before she slept, but she was never really overly optimistic. Fortunately, these woods didn't seem to be the worst option to make a temporary stay. She could smell several rodents near the water up ahead and so far...it seemed quiet.

the staff team luvs u
05-21-2022, 07:56 PM
^^

He had been returning to @Olive when he stumbled upon a familiar sight -- or one that he thought, given how recently he had seen her. It had been mostly a glance as he caught her retreating but the scent that he had found on the wind was pretty much the same one. She stood, blinking up at the looming canopies of Elsewhen and Tiberius cleared his throat, "not a fan of felines or of other wolves?" Tiberius mused as he stood within the trees, tilting his head as he waited.

It was said mostly in jest but he was curious. Sue him. ^^

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-21-2022, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2022, 08:21 PM by Gwen.)
Anddd quiet ruined. A peach-toned ear turned to the voice as he spoke though her head would be slower to seek the man. There a reason I should be? Especially felines. Wasn't that like, a common danger? Did he not get that memo wherever he was raised? Gwen flicked her head over her shoulder, icy blues meeting a fire of gold. 

Ah. She recognized this guy.

He was the man wandering around the water further south. She hadn't cared to make an introduction then and she couldn't particularly say she cared now...although, checking the air it seemed he wasn't some pack wolf who wanted to shove his nose up her business. What are you doin' out here big guy? He had clearly seen his own hardships and if he didn't belong to a pack then maybe he was like her.

the staff team luvs u
05-21-2022, 09:49 PM
^^

Tiberius would chortle as a silvery brow quirked, his head tilting as he appraised her. "Reckon is best ta be cautious, innit?" Tiberius shrugged. "Ain't gonn' die as easy," he knew that it was good to be cautious of felines. He had been cautious of Kuhn when he had first met, rightly so -- one wolf was not fit to survive against a feline that wanted blood. "Felines an' wolves don't tend ta mix," yet his best-friend happened to be one.

His lip twitched into a smirk at her latter words, shaking his head as he rumbled, "on me way back ta someone." She might know Olive or she might not but he wasn't about to out her when he didn't know the intentions of the Peach. "Git shi' ta do, see," he tilted his nose to her, "an' yer, darlin'? Wha' yer doin'?" She asked, so he could ask too. ^^

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-21-2022, 10:08 PM
Yeahhh, I don't exactly plan on dying any time soon. Even if she could be overly cautious or aggressive, she was alive still, right? That's what mattered. Something did interest her though...the way he answered almost suggested he believed non-canind creatures could mix. Gwen merely quirked a brow but said nothing more on the topic for now.

The sun-kissed woman shrugged idly as she turned, half expecting him to continue on his way. Well by all means don't let me hold you. He had a home of sorts then if he had someone to return to, but that was good news for her. That meant he'd keep going and she could stay as planned before figuring out her next path the following day. Gwen. She'd quickly correct the way he addressed her even if she was rather unphased by the pet name. She wasn't his "darlin'" and she wasn't looking to be.

I'm lookin' for a kid. Not mine— just to clarify. I found her alone in the plains and told her I'd teach her the ropes. Tried to get her to join a pack, but that seemed out of the question. Now she's gone. Not really the best caretaker now was she? It wasn't like she hadn't tried or didn't care though. She was out here, wasn't she? Small, red, younger yearling. Seen her?

the staff team luvs u
05-22-2022, 10:46 AM
^^

He snorted. Unless you had a death wish it was unlikely that anyone was a fan of dying. Yet... he had heard others had died and arrived here so the titan was curious if that could be an endless loop. Not that he was curious enough to test the theory himself, he had shit to do and it was likely Olive would be furious with him if he tested that theory and not return back.

No thank you.

Tiberius was amused. She seemed not... eager to be out of his company but not entirely sold on it either. "Tiberius," he returned, further amused by her desire to retain her name. He didn't mind, it was just the way he spoke but he wasn't that much of an asshole to keep calling her something she didn't want -- now had she pissed him off, he would have. The only thing she was guilty of was being a little standoffish but that did nothing to impede on his life.

"Don't let yer keep me but askin' me questions," he drawled in amusement as he swayed his tail a time or two. "Kids are lil shits," he snorted, thinking of Lana. "Sorry Gwen, ain't seen no one like tha'. Reckon I woulda offered 'er a 'ome if I did," Tiberius mused. He had a habit of taking youngers under his wings to give them a chance at not only surviving, but thriving. "Ain't much but I can tell 'er yer lookin' if i's ever see someone wit' tha' description." The way Rin had for Olive when she sought him out.

^^

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-22-2022, 11:14 AM
Tiberius. Not that she had asked, but of course, he gave his name in return. For now, she'd tuck it in her mind as he continued. Well you're traveling with you're eyes open, aren't you? Who knows, maybe he was some kind of spiritual wolf that believed in the world guiding him or some BS. There wasn't much to say if he hadn't it was a yes or no question that she might as well press for while she had his attention. Gwen would resist the urge to laugh at his off hand comment, though a snort would slip by as she fought the smirk on her lips.

Ehhh, s'alright. Kind of a long shot, but it was worth a shot. She'd more or less shrug off his apology as her gaze faltered to the towering trees. Yeah, that'd be good, but I can't really give you a place to find me. I don't really stay in one place long. Even if she did, she still didn't know this guy. Stranger danger, don't give out your address to random men, especially ones covered in scars. Honestly if you find her, keep her. She wasn't around long, but she's a good kid. She deserves a home, pack or not. Not every kid had that option... now she could only hope her disappearance meant she found one.

the staff team luvs u
05-22-2022, 03:43 PM
^^

He smirked as he gave a short nod, "also makin' friends in tha righ' places." Befriending other species could be helpful, he wasn't going to shy away from the possibility but yet he wouldn't go in head first, either. Tiberius knew he may look all brawns and not any brains, especially with the scars strewn across him yet he did think. 

Tiberius shrugged, "ain't like she gotta stay all tha time if she likes ta explore. We git ranks tha' require travelling an' shit. Girl would be in 'er element." The titan smirked, probably something that would appeal to the girl if he ever did find her but the chances of it were slim -- finding a particular wolf when you'd never even met them in a land so vast... yeah, Tiberius wasn't positive. "Everyone deserves a 'ome," he seemed almost dark as he grunted those words, thinking how he had tried and tried to make a home work yet... it had failed and now he had a mission.

A mission to create a home his goddamn self. For Olive, for any possible children she might be carrying and for those around them that sought the same. ^^

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-22-2022, 09:29 PM
Ah, so he wasn't the same. She thought he might have suggested it before, but from the lack of scents, she assumed he was just a grounded loner. That only really left a new pack or he was a fresh face, either of which she wasn't interested in. Sell it to her, not me. I'm not the one who needs convincing. Gwen couldn't blame her either. She had her own reasons to avoid packs and it seemed Dalila had been burned the same.

Still, if someone could have shoved at least Phoebe into a pack...Ugh. None of that mattered now. Almost everyone. Gwen would flick her gaze back to hold steady with the titan's as she corrected him before making a move to leave. Sounds like you have one to get back to. I won't keep you any longer. Besides the sun was setting and she still had to find her own shelter for the night.

the staff team luvs u
05-29-2022, 07:07 PM
^^

He snorted, "aye, figured I'd give yer information if yer do see 'er again an' wanna send 'er m'way," did she have a thing against Packs, he wondered? Perhaps she was like @Uriel and tended to prefer her own company. He too had been burned by Packs, more than once and it was his own inner desires that kept him going. That and wanting to provide a safe haven for Olive and their future children.

Tiberius gave a short nod as he took her correction and would suppose that she was right, there. He thought of some of the wolves of his past and thought that plenty would have been better without their toxic touch. "Almost," he agreed roughly, once again assuring himself the past mistakes of his elders would not be repeated. Not by him. 

"Eh, sort of," he shrugged, though supposed home was wherever Olive was, not a singular territory. "M'partner an' I tryin' ta sort shit, y'know? Gettin' booted from yer Pack does shit ta yer," exiled would be a better word but eh, that felt dramatic. Even if it was accurate. "By all means, though, don't let me keep yer," he dipped his head, molten gaze momentarily curious of her but ultimately, a stranger was a stranger. 66

the staff team luvs u
06-27-2022, 03:27 AM
Gwen only paused for a moment as she registered his words. Maybe they were more similar than she had originally believed...but he was a stranger and some packs had fair reasoning. Some. Still, he didn't seem dangerous in a murderous way or some freeloader or whatever. If anything, he almost reminded her of her dad, and his words felt bitter all the same. I guess it's a good thing you have them then. Someone was better than none if they're the right company. I hope you figure it out. With that she continued on her way trying to ignore the stirring of feelings and memories that attempted to surface.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top