Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
One Tiger, Two Tiger

P
05-16-2022, 09:25 PM
For @Kuhn
The man had been relaxing in the mountains, content to keep wandering around with nothing much to do. It was fun for him to just explore and understand more about this world. For now though, he was tired and wanted to rest. So, he found himself a perch on a low hills and laid claim to it, where he could see everything around him. That's what he liked the most, being able to tell what was going on around. He hated being cornered or not knowing what was creeping up behind him, so this was the best of everything for him.

He laid himself down, but kept his head up, attentive and alert as he listened and looked around for anything that may catch his eye.

the staff team luvs u

• Common
  • Russian
@Mishka is allowed in any of Rajani’s threads, private included
Paladin
05-17-2022, 05:37 AM
Cutting through the borders of Cloudrest without making a fuss, Kuhn figured they wouldn't mind.  Especially if they never found out.  Arriving on the other side the tips of the trees of his old home where visible from the mountain pass.  It put a knot in his stomach, but he would have to walk through that painful memory lane to get to Elysium for their festival.  Perhaps on the way he might pick up a boar to bring as a gift, instead of coming with empty jaws.  

Standing on cliffs overlooking the old territory he pondered running into someone from Vanderfelll or the sweet smelling scum of Shiroshika, before something caught his nose, and it made the hair on the back of his neck stand on end.  It was another one of his kind nearby, male.  

Rounding a rocky crag, that's when he saw him. Kuhn stared directly at the dark behemoth who was basking on a perch.
the staff team luvs u
05-18-2022, 06:56 AM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2022, 06:56 AM by Rajani. Edited 1 time in total.)
He was content, enjoying the sun up on his perch as he could see everything around him. Glancing down upon the land below him, his eyes would narrow slightly as he caught sight of the orange brute lurking below. Another of his kind, huh? There certainly were more of them than he thought there were. Standing himself up, the man would leap down and begin to casually walk towards him. If the man wanted to leave, he could, Rajani was giving the man the chance to. Obviously, he had no reason to attack or be rude to the man, he was simply curious to meet another like him. 

It the man remained as he walked closer, the Russian brute would speak up. "Not many tigers in area." 

the staff team luvs u

• Common
  • Russian
Paladin
05-18-2022, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2022, 05:11 PM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
Not long after the two had spotted eachother, the larger dark man seemingly decided to approach closer. As the dark figure drew closer, Kuhn's fur stood on edge a bit, instinctually prepared to fight it out with another male.

Trying to push that to the side, the orange cat was also curious to converse with another one of his kind. "No... There isn't..." , he responded with an air of both curiosity and suspicion, taking his own slow step forward.

"Are you new around here?", Kuhn asked, giving the man his space partially beging to circle with the man. He wondered how long this guy had actually been around.
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
05-19-2022, 07:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 06:46 PM by Rajani. Edited 1 time in total.)
The brute could tell that suspicion was in the air, his own body tense as he hummed softly to himself. He would let the man circle him, though kept his body turned to not allow the large male to get to his backside. That would certainly prove his end if the man decided to attack. His words made him nod for a moment. "I am. What about you?" He would narrow his eyes slightly his body tense as he was ready to attack, yet didn't just yet. 

"There is talk of tiger making big ruckus in packs. Is that your doing?" He wasn't sure, but this was the only other male tiger that he had met. His curiosity could very easily be wrong, in which he would be grateful for. But if not, then he was worried the orange tiger might get testy and try to do something.

the staff team luvs u

• Common
  • Russian
Paladin
05-20-2022, 04:30 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2022, 05:12 PM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
The two circled eachother, both of their heavy frames gliding in a circle as they conversed. Giving an answer to the larger man, Kuhn ceased his own circling for a moment seeing if the other man might follow suit. "No... I have been around for quite some time..."

Cracking a devilish smile at the large ebony cat's statement of a 'rucus', the orange beast cooed sarcastically, "Hmm... I wonder who told you that?"

Subtly, Kuhn internally prepared himself to fight, if this happened to be one of @Reiko 's newest goons. Perhaps she had polluted his mind with her cult like 'love', like all the other poor souls that she had at her disposal.

"It seems my reputation had goten ahead of me, I am Kuhn, the boogyman of the east..."
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
05-22-2022, 12:17 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2022, 06:47 PM by Rajani. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man stopped circling for a moment, watching him closely. It seems he was right, after all there weren't many tigers, much less male, that he had met here. So this creature was the reason why Reiko was scared of him. Interesting. 

However, the man made no move to attack him, having no reason to attack him just yet. He caught the subtle tensing of the other man, though he kept his own body relaxed. "Why?" He said simply, curiosity clear in his voice. He wanted to know the whole picture, curious to see if Reiko had played him by acting the poor innocent victim. At the same time though, he wasn't going to just trust this man because he was a tiger.

the staff team luvs u

• Common
  • Russian
Paladin
05-22-2022, 03:23 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2022, 05:12 PM by Kuhn. Edited 2 times in total.)
Noticably relived, that he didn't have to fight directly after confirming his identity, a good degree of tension came off his body as he shrugged his shoulders. "Before I met Reiko, that bitch, I hardly knew anything about wolves. It seems she thinks of herself as some kind of empress." , suppressing the urge to spit at her self given title, Kuhn took a step back.

Sitting himself down with a bit of reassurance that @Reiko didn't send him. He got comfortable to tell his tale. "To be clear she never liked me, after a few choice words with her and her degenerate daughter, they tried to kill both me and my mate in our home."

At the recollection, he bore his teeth angered at the injustice of it all. Returning his gaze to the large dark man, he softened some then continued, "To be clear, I never had interest in bloodshed, she started that all on her own. If I was you, I would either eat her next time, or stay as far away from that woman as you can. If she doesn't like you, then you could be next..."
the staff team luvs u
05-27-2022, 06:57 PM
He noticed that the other man relaxed, sitting down to tell his story so Rajani did the same, settling himself down. His legs were tense still, very weary of the man in front of him. He didn't have much of a reason to be scared of a singular wolf, but another of his size, certainly a male, he would always be on guard for. Much like himself, this man seemed to be all muscle. 

Cocking his head to the side slightly, he would listen quietly for a moment before speaking. "It seemed like she didn't trust me the moment she saw me, however she hasn't made any move to attack me. I doubt that by herself she could do much damage. However, I certainly have no reason to stick around her tiger hating home." He carried no hatred for the wolf, but no love either.

the staff team luvs u

• Common
  • Russian
05-28-2022, 05:33 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2022, 05:33 PM by Kuhn. Edited 1 time in total.)
The air began to clear between the two striped beasts, as it did the orange cat began to relax a bit more. "That doesn't surprise me...", Kuhn chuckled shaking his head.

"I got much the same treatment when I met her. Seemed she saw me as some kind of threat, not sure why. Don't underestimate that little ball of shit though, her words are honey, she can easily bring another ten against you." , he sighed through his teeth, the anger of it all wearing off. Something about having time to reflect with this impartial man was reliving, evidenced by Kuhn's quick change in mood.

"If you haven't guessed, that's what she did to me.", he hummed, eyes narrow, cocking his head towards fresh scars.

"Though, you shouldn't take her seriously either, that's what she wants after all..."

Dusting the ground with a large paw, "Well... anyway... have you found a territory that you want to call home? - I never did catch your name? ", he asked, changing the subject, not wanting to beat the man over the head with his woes with Reiko.
the staff team luvs u
06-18-2022, 03:41 PM
The man watched the other with a neutral expression, unsure of really want to say to him. He didn't entirely trust the other tiger, but he also didn't entirely trust the wolves either. So, he tried his best to just remain neutral. He would only really do what worked out the best for him and nothing else. There was a reason why he liked being alone and to do things by himself. 

As he asked about a home, he would chuckle slightly, shaking his head. "I wander too much to have specific place to call home. The name Rajani. Who are you?" He flicked his tail slightly as he asked, rather relaxed as he sat there. Though their initial introduction was close to a fight, he had no reason to attack the man now. As long as he didn't attack first, Rajani certainly wasn't going to raise claw to him either.

the staff team luvs u

• Common
  • Russian
06-21-2022, 12:03 AM
Perhaps the orange cat had given the stranger an undue ear beating.  The dark man seemed quiet, not adding much to the conversation after Kuhn had divulged so much. Patting the ground with his paws, someone who was observant could see Kuhn was uncomfortable, as he second guessed himself.  

There was little reciprocation of vulnerabilities or really any way to relate to the dark man, so Kuhn seemed to quickly loose his energy, his posture drooping just a bit.  

"A wanderer...", he replied with a lack of enthusiasm.  "Mhm... My name is Kuhn...", he repeated having already told the man his name.  Did the man already forget their introduction? 

"Well, I guess I will see you around...", he exhaled, getting to his feet. Kuhn figured that the man at least presented himself in a rather simple manner. Maybe, another day the dark man was willing to be a bit more open.  

Angling his posture to leave, he wouldn't force the man to have a conversation. But at least for now, he wouldn't speak anymore to a closed book.  Maybe another day it would be different.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top