Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
The moon is all we'll see,

Midnight Sunny/Clear
P
Ecologist
05-16-2022, 06:07 PM

Wandering to the tips of the mountain, the breeze moved lovingly against her fur. Embracing within a pleasant chill as summer was slowly coming through. A heat to her paws, and she travelled upwards with a well-suited sweat to the very top of the mountains itself. The moon called, it's fullness bringing upon a light that any wolf would feel a pull ; a desire and motion as a clear night was within the wake.

The stars shined brightly, quiet though, for the beasts above remained away within the sky she stared at. Miriam couldn't help but wonder, where did they go? For within their place was the stillness of above, constellations twinkling in a peace.. And she smiled.

the staff team luvs u
Adventurer
05-17-2022, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-18-2022, 08:12 PM by Madmortigan. Edited 1 time in total.)
 He ascends. 

Determined to scour each bordering land to the one graciously provided by The Wolf, Madmortigan traverses up the mountain. 

What greets him at the top is a violet lady, cloaked in moon-seeped lavender and blanched lilac tresses.

“It feels like the heavens are touchable up here.” He says by way of greeting, dipping his head.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: unknown.png]
— thank you hanna! <3
Ecologist
05-18-2022, 10:17 PM
"Even the wind compliments it's beauty." Brushed as the cooling combs through their fur, bringing a coolness to the twinkling night. Someone approached, too admiring it's beauty ; a man of black and whites with eyes that matched the skies mystery. She smiled at his presence, as he was tall but without a malice in his step. Vaguely, she could smell others upon his pelt.

"Do you know of the stars? The one before us is the canis-major, it is said our kind is forever branded into the sky." A sparkle within her own view as she spoke warmly upon the sky. Stories and lore she knew from the maidens and priestess, where legends itself were to unfold. Though for each wolf, each dynasty ; there own was different. She looked at the other in wonder — to what his life would share about the stars.

the staff team luvs u
Misc Skill
05-22-2022, 04:53 PM
 She doesn't miss a beat, continuing to compliment the midnight beauty, and in doing so flattering the Wolf's masterful eye. Her own eye. He follows her gaze up to the heavens, tracing an invisible line between each defiant pinprick of sparkling light. He searches for the Wolf. 

“There was a wolf in our order who held a passion for the stars. He taught me some. But I am an eager student in all things.” No matter his age, he will always progress. “What else do you know?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Ecologist
05-25-2022, 08:53 PM
She smiled at him and gazed to the stars, eyes wondering to which lore to express next. The sky sometimes felt odd, ever-changing and moving, never an exact look to it. Especially as if it seemed there was beasts hidden before them, and clouds that currently remained at bay.. It was a wonder whether something was happening above, or they were providing an act to the mortals below. She hummed lightly, before her paw pointed toward another.

"Ursa Major, and Ursa Minor. It is said that a great hunter came for the little bear, and the mother within tears begged for the Gods to bring the little bear to the sky they loved so much. She followed him into the sky, but alas, so did the hunter. It is now said they are in endless chase, the mother bear protecting her young, and the hunter, always trying to find them within the sky." They twinkled brightly.. And she smiled a bit sadly, upon the story.

the staff team luvs u
05-30-2022, 12:09 PM
 He takes the hunter to be himself, the divine wolf coming forth to cleanse even the sky, a timeless chase for a timeless task.

“You are well versed. I am Madmortigan, Harbinger of the Labyrinthian order. Do you have a name, star mistress?”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Ecologist
06-01-2022, 09:04 PM
Majority of all stars were between a few pieces, underneath the Milky Way itself where it seemed like a stream sprouted to the sky itself. Dazzled in beauty, a galaxy that wolves knew not beyond nor' if they were planets or suns. Just an amazement within the sky, that shone brightly into Orion's Belt, where even she wasn't sure of it's story, only pieces here and there of different fables. Nontheless, always shined brightly within the sky, as if a guardian to those below.

"I am Miriam, Miriam Iris Willows," she turned her face away from above and turned toward the other, a smile decorating her face as she dipped her head politely, "a pleasure."

the staff team luvs u
06-05-2022, 04:18 PM
 “The pleasure is mine.” He replies with an equally amiable smile, tail swaying lightly behind him. 

“Do you call any place home, Miriam?” The question working double - a way to figure out if she is looking and a subtle dig for information.

Madmortigan knows of one pack already - the Déorwine clan. He wonders if the rest of the wolves here will be so...misguided.

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
06-08-2022, 01:54 AM
He was a charming man, holding a mysterious allure that brought you wanting more — in wanting to know who he was, and stare within an endlessness of his eyes itself. A purple that drawed ; the Goddess blessed him so in such looks and polite tones. Overall, a gentleman, "Has anyone ever told you, your eyes are like the night itself? Though voided of the stars, but just as pretty." she complimented with a smile as she looked at him, before looking back to the heavens.

"Not in particular.. Roaming in a wanderlust, and a desire to see what all there is around. I left my home for this desire." An adventure.. Patiently waiting for what would unfold.

the staff team luvs u
06-13-2022, 01:02 PM
 Madmortigan is struck silent by her compliment, the sincerity of it, and the freedom by which it was given. Warming slightly, he clears his throat, delighted. 

She answers him, explaining how her travels have been catalyzed by an internal momentum. “What an admirable quest.” The Harbinger comments in earnest.

“Tell me what you have found on your journey so far.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
Ecologist
06-16-2022, 08:45 PM
With a dip of her head and a smile, she gave a silent thank you while looking at the other. He was a mysterious individual, she so wondered whether he too had a cause of adventure ; but the smell of others was so faintly upon her pelt at the time she couldn't tell whether he was a pack wolf or not. Although the question was on her mind and she was to open and ask, the sky shined lightly, and her gaze tore away and looked to the heavens, "oh my!" Miriam exclaimed, "look at that!" her paw pointed up as it glistened lightly, a streak through that beamed with a purple. A shooting star, falling into the horizon as so.

"I have not seen much, but these are moments I strive to find." Her own eyes twinkled, dead-locked to the sky before them as the beam of light had a purple trial that she couldn't help think but a sign of good faith, to the other. Although chemicals were involved with the meteor casted with calcium, as a mere wolf, Miriam would never know the truth.

Just that it was a sign.

the staff team luvs u
Visionary
06-21-2022, 03:09 PM
 Madmoritgan followed her pointing paw in time to be struck with a rapturous vision. Among the defiant pricks of light streaked a triumphant, violet star, the very same color of his eyes. 

“Blessed be the Wolf.” Overwhelmed with conviction, the Harbinger looked away, back towards the female, her own purple-hued pelt reflecting the night's grand design. 

“It was an honor meeting you, Miriam. I do hope we see one another again.”

the staff team luvs u
— thank you hanna! <3
06-23-2022, 07:11 PM
Although she was curious on his way of prayer, perhaps another day to ask so. A busy man she presumed, a smile and a farewell upon her face, "May the Horned God protect your path," she blessed so. Rather the Goddess to so, he felt like a prowess that needed the guide of another grand warrior, that too joined into the Summerlands. A bliss to be to meet another, and with so — to depart their ways. Although.. She would find a place to sleep nearby.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top