Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
A Word Of Advice

P
05-10-2022, 01:07 AM
The man was searching for the woman that he had only met once, something he really didn't think he would ever do. Why was he doing this? He really didn't know and for a moment he really wondered if this was worth it. Then, his mind went back to Amata and he found himself sighing. Yes... unfortunately. Thankfully, he caught her scent that seemed to be at the edge of the territory. Wait, was she leaving? No, who would he ask advise from anymore? She was the only one that had seem him cry before outside of his parents and he wasn't willing to let another do so. Rushing towards her, he would skid to a halt near her, panting soft as he did so. 

"Wait wait wait! I... I have a question." He more so demanded then asked, but hey, he was trying at least right? Still, he would stand there, his tail raised slightly as he was a little flustered from all of this. How was he supposed to not be violent? What even was that? Death? He figured you would either fight and train, or you heal and he certainly wasn't a healer. For a moment, he paused, wondering if this was a bad idea.

the staff team luvs u
He does. He speaks. He thinks.
WARNING: 3-3-3 Character
05-10-2022, 03:57 AM
^^A strange realization was rolling in as Harper took one long, last look at Northfall as she knew that her visit was coming to an end; her patient had healed. She, too, had healed from her attack on the blonde asshole & while it was nice to get to know the Northfallians, there was a pregnant sister and a festival waiting for her back home.

And she had much to discuss with her sister in regards to their striped feline friend, whom Harper fondly thought of as a brother even though he was most unaware. The sounds of a speedy approach caught her attention, and Harper turned - wondering if Ragnar or Sindi wished to see her off.

Instead she found the boy who had threatened to kill her. He skidded to a halt in front of her and Harper arched her brows with the tilt of her head. He had a question for her, did he? Interesting. Sitting down, Harper smiled at him with the nod of her head. “I has answers! I.. think. What’s on your mind, sweetheart?”
^^
the staff team luvs u
05-18-2022, 08:03 PM
The boy would stand there for a moment, unsure of really how to ask this. He certainly never thought he would be asking anyone for advice, certainly not for something like this. After a few moments of him standing there with opening and closing mouth, he would finally sigh. "How do I not be violent?" That was basically it, though he probably could have worded it better if he tried harder. Still, it was there now and the boy held his breath, hopeful that she didn't yell at him. 

There was only one girl that he would try to chance himself for and that was Amata, though he still wasn't sure if it was worth it. Not that he didn't think she was worth it, but he doubted that she would ever really understand how much he cared about her. Perhaps it was also his fault for never really explaining.

the staff team luvs u
05-22-2022, 08:32 PM
^^A few days ago, Harper might have thought him to be a lost cause; but here he was, coming to her for assistance, because he wanted to do better. And oh, if she could just lean down and kiss him on the forehead, or hug him tightly, she would have. She held her distance, though, and smiled down at him.

At least this had been a question that she could answer; as someone as large as she was, most assumed that she had some sort of skill of fighting - and she did, she supposed, if one counted sitting on little sisters.

“You can focus your attention on something else. My sister values the word of the Five, I am strictly a woman of nature; you can teach yourself how to… do other things? Why don’t you pay me a visit in Elysium sometime? We is school, we can teach you more skills, if that is what you want? ”
^^
the staff team luvs u
06-14-2022, 07:47 PM
The boy sat there and listened quietly, cocking his head to the side. Everything she spoke of was weird to him and he wondered why anyone would want to do those things. They sounded.... well they just sounded boring to him. Why would anyone want to do something that didn't get their blood pumping and adrenaline coursing through their veins? 

Nonetheless, he would nod, offering her a thankful smile anyway. "I'll come visit when I can, thank you for helping me. Fighting and training is what is important to me, but the girl I like doesn't want me to do that. So, I'm trying to change." He just hoped it would be enough, as he was basically giving up what made him happy, just for her.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top