Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
such a cruel world, eh?

Late Evening
P
05-07-2022, 08:11 PM
@Satan maybe?

Ivory was laying down outside their den, observing the stars. They were even prettier tonight, and Ivory wanted to watch them twinkle and shine. The stars had always fascinated them, ever since they were a mere child. 

Ever since Ivory had joined Satan in his quest for power, they couldn't help but feel that they could do more to help, that they could be more. Their insides churned as they kept thinking about all this.

the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
05-08-2022, 04:53 AM
The man moved through the caves quietly, checking scent markers and keeping a close eye on his members. It wasn't that he didn't trust his members, he simply wished to keep a close eye to keep them safe. As he moved through the area though, his nose caught the scent of Ivory and curiosity got the better of him. It didn't take him long to reach the woman and for a moment, he wandered closer, sitting himself down beside her. He had nothing to say right now and instead, simply watched the void that surrounded them.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
05-08-2022, 01:48 PM
Ivory's stomach still churned as Satan found them and sat beside them. What did he want? Why wasn't he speaking? 

"What brings you to me, Satan? Is there anything you need from me?" Ivory spoke, still looking at the stars. Their thoughts were still on that feeling, the feeling that they could do more and be more. 

Ivory felt miserable. They maybe even looked miserable.

the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
05-09-2022, 01:15 AM
The man shook his head slightly, turning his head to look up at the stars for a moment before he finally spoke. "I don't need anything of you, I simply saw you out here and came to sit with you. I can leave." He could tell there was something on her mind, but for now he wouldn't press her for it. However, as he glanced over at her, his eyes were full of knowing, waiting to see if she would speak up about it first. He clearly had no issues with speaking his mind, but he was giving her a chance to speak before him.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 02:05 AM
They were slightly surprised. He just wanted to sit with them?

"Mm." Ivory grunted, a pang of... something hitting them. "No, you do not have to leave. I would love some company right now if you want to stay." 

Why would he want to, though? Didn't he have his deputy? A bitter pang of jealousy hit them. His deputy. Why did he choose Nyra as his deputy, when Ivory knew him longer? 

"Can you tell me why you chose Nyra as your deputy?"

the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Misc Skill
05-09-2022, 02:33 PM
The man could tell that something was up, though he wondered for a moment if it was what he thought. Perhaps he was just being egotistical, but he wondered if she was jealous, though he wasn't sure if it was towards him or towards the ranks in the pack. Either way, it was rather interesting to him. A simple nod was all that he replied with as he sat beside her, face turned towards the sky. After a few moments though, the pin finally dropped. 

Without looking at her, he began to laugh deeply, a low grumble in his chest. After a few moments, he would speak up, a sly grin on his lips. "I gave her deputy because she showed me she's worth it. There's another spot of deputy available if you can prove your worthy of it." He would turn to look at her, chuckling softly. "I don't mind giving you the same treatment as I give her, but that would be in both aspects." He hinted very heavily as he spoke, talking about in the pack as well as in the bedroom.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 02:57 PM
Because she proved she was worthy? What did she do to prove that she was worthy of it? 

"Hm, what did she do to prove her worthiness, if you don't mind me asking?" Ivory was curious. Very curious. "And how do I prove I am worthy of the second Deputy slot?" 

He was now looking at them, softly chuckling. They turned their head, looking into his eyes. Hm... 

"And what would you want in return? What do you seek? What would you gain from this? What would I gain from this?" Ivory was sure that either one of them would gain something from what he was proposing.

the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Misc Skill
05-09-2022, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2022, 06:41 PM by Satan. Edited 1 time in total.)
The man would lift himself up from his sitting position, stretching out his body for a moment. He heard her words, but the only indication that he did was the flick of his ears. After a few moments, he would turn towards her, beginning to stalk over to her. If she didn't move, he would begin circling her, much like a predator would to his prey. 

"She's accepted quite a few new members and provided food for the pack." He would stop at he turned to face her, leaning in to catch her scent for a moment. "How about this, I'll make you a deal, I'll give you three options, if you complete two of them, I will give you the rank of Deputy alongside Nyra." He would pause for a moment before speaking again. "You can fight me, lay with me, or hunt with me."

His words were simple and brash as always, though in his eyes was a spark of something.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 05:02 PM
Ivory sat still as Satan stalked toward her. Nyra accepted some members? And provided food? Ivory did the same - well, the food part at least. 

Then he gave her a deal to become the second Deputy. If Ivory did two of the three options, she would become the second Deputy? She would do two of the options, but only to quench that feeling that she could do and be more. 

"Hm. I will hunt with you, and I will lay with you. Since you are my King and Warcrest needs you healthy and well, I will not fight you. Though I could fight you, I will not because you need to govern your pack." Ivory had thought for a few moments before saying this, as it was something to not take lightly.

the staff team luvs u
❖︎ Ivory ❖︎
Misc Skill
05-09-2022, 06:52 PM
He wasn't entirely expecting the answer she gave, however he certainly wasn't mad at what she chose, nor was he angry at her reason for not fighting him. A deep chuckle could be heard as he lifted his head, pulling himself to his full height. "You never have to worry about fighting me. The only way one stays strong and capable is to spar regularly." Standing himself up, the man would stretch before shaking out his for, moving to begin walking away. "Lets go catch ourselves a decent meal for the pack." 

His words were simple though he would continue speaking after a few seconds. "Then we shall spend the night together." He didn't wait to see if she would follow and instead, walked away from the dens, heading out to find a meal.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top