Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
You're beautiful...and sick...like me

Midnight Sunny/Clear 50° F
P
Warcrest
05-05-2022, 02:24 PM
@Satan another feely romance-ish thread perhaps? -eyes-

Nyra was flooded with uncertainty as she sat just outside the Eye, looking up at the vastness of the stars that twinkled throughout the voidblack night sky.
Did the tyrant King love her? 
Did he want something she didn't know about yet?

Did she love him back, if he loved her?
The answer was a solid yes, and she wasn't sure how to feel knowing she loved her own kidnapper. 
But she had a place here, a rank...a...meaning, she supposed.

For the moment, she busied herself with watching the stars and trying to find constellations. Not that she currently knew of any in the strangeness of this world. Dairinn hadn't had the time to teach her of anything about stars, and nobody here seemed to have an interest, though she never asked around to find out...

Nyra exhaled, long and slow, as her thoughts circled back to Satan and the questionable relationship she seemed to have with him.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
05-05-2022, 04:14 PM
The man had been sleeping in his den, having a common habit of sleeping during the day and adventuring at night. It was a way for him to go out without the blood in his fur. As night fell though, he rose, like a zombie in the night. Stretching himself out, the man would realize that Nyra had left his den at some point, which he didn't mind. Though she originally was his captive, she had grown to a point where he trusted her. God forbid she crushed that trust. 

As he moved out of his den and into the main cave though, he spotted her outside and sat himself down. Quietly, he would sit at the mouth of the cave, watching her with a neutral expression. For now, he would just see what she was doing, rather curious. He wasn't going to interrupt her just yet, however if she spotted him, then he wasn't going to hide himself either.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
05-07-2022, 08:34 PM
measly short post from me -cri-

The faint brush of pawsteps made her twitch an ear, but her mind remained elsewhere.
She felt eyes on her and part of her assumed it was the King, coming to see what she was up to.
Nyra huffed softly, brushing it off as silly, wishful thinking. 
But her starbound gaze showed want, even if she didn't yet turn her head to see who was with her and if it was really him.

Almost unwillingly, she spoke in a light mutter, wondering aloud...
"Do you love me?" 
And almost too late was she unsure she wanted to know the answer, assuming her quiet murmur was heard...
the staff team luvs u
05-08-2022, 04:48 AM
The man had remained silent the whole time, just watching her for a moment, though he wasn't entirely sure why. He ignored any feelings he had towards her, writing them off as something else, or refusing to acknowledge them entirely. However, as she spoke up, he found himself unsure of what to say, pausing for what felt like forever, his mind reeling. 

After a few moments, he would speak up, his voice gruff as usual, except this time rather quiet and soft spoken, as if he didn't want to wake whatever dream this might be. "I care for you, though as someone who has never experienced 'love' I can't say what I feel as I don't know what love is." He was truthful as always, his words blunt and simple. He didn't understand what love could be and therefore, couldn't speak on what he felt, not knowing what it was in general.

the staff team luvs u
05-08-2022, 04:00 PM
Nyra couldn't say she was surprised to hear Satan's answer.
That he had no idea what love was, at least.
But the admission that he cared was enough to make her turn her head to look at him.

In the paleness of the sky, he looked almost divine in a way...
Like some fallen kind of deity.
She would accept his words without any sort of protest. At least for now, she had hope that maybe they might eventually work out as a mated pair.
Maybe...

"Would you keep me some company?" She asked in a soft-spoken lilt, inviting him closer.
"We can hunt, if you want, or spar, or just....watch the stars...?" The warqueen offered.
the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 01:20 AM
He fell silent again, turning to look up at the stars for a moment. After a few moments, he would twitch his ears towards her, taking in her words. A soft hum would escape him as he thought, several seconds passing until he finally spoke up. "I don't care either way. You seem comfortable so we don't have to move." With that, he would get up, moving to lay himself down behind her body. He wouldn't press up against her, but his fur was touching hers if she didn't move away from him. "Do you love me?" He shot the question back at her, pink eyes glancing up for a moment as he watched her expressions closely.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 06:44 AM
Nyra would accept the brush of his fur to hers as he laid down behind her.
She nodded softly at his response to doing anything.
An acknowledgement of his words.

After some silence, she was a little taken off guard when the King returned her initial question back to her.
Prideful as she was, and spiteful as well as fiery, the Warqueen would figuratively set down her blades and look him in the face with the confession in her golden gaze.

Yes, she did love him.
Deeply, madly, fervourously.
the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 02:06 PM
The man watched her closely, however he certainly wasn't expecting what he saw. When she looked over at him, he saw passion, the fire and it made him hesitate for a moment. He had never seen or felt that from anyone before. "How can you love me when you know nothing of me?" He asked, skeptical of what she felt for him. "I'm not good in any sense of the word, I kill and I pillage without any remorse." He watched her closely, still laying down on his side. She didn't know about his past and while he never seemed to have any problems answering questions, he wasn't the type to overshare either.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 03:51 PM
Nyra had never before now paused to consider why she loved him.
His question was valid though...

"I don't know why I love you. I just do..." She responded, exhaling slowly with the newfound consideration of why.

To his next words, she scoffed softly and responded with that same gentleness "You're saying that as if I myself am good." 

She wasn't. As far as she believed about herself anyway.
the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 04:21 PM
The brute watched her with faded pink eyes. taking in everything she was saying and doing. She loved him, though he wasn't entirely sure that he was loveable. For a moment, he didn't really know what to say, being at a loss of words for once in his life. Finally, after several long seconds, he spoke up again. "What do you want of me?" He asked simply, wanting to know where she thought they would stand. He never was really one to settle down and have one woman, but he wouldn't mind having one to warm his bed each night.

He chuckled softly at her words, shaking his head. He didn't expect her to be a saint, otherwise why would she fall for him. No, he simply wanted her to know what she was getting herself into.

He fell silent as he watched her, his body relaxed but his face tense as he anticipated her next words.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 04:30 PM
short AF post on my end? I'm so sorry ;w;

Nyra noted his brief lack of words. 
But, then, another question. 
She couldn't bring herself to try and weave a lie. 
So instead she would answer his question with one of her own, a potentially obvious inquiry in curious but soft tones.

"How do I prove to you that I am worthy of being your equal?" 
She did love him yes, that much she knew she'd made clear. Or hoped she did at least. 
But she also had drive and ambition, a goal to meet. To make the desert not just his empire, but hers as well.
the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 04:45 PM
His eyes that were filled with what could only be seen as his version of compassion and love turned cold quickly as she talked about power. For a moment, he had an internal battle, wondering if everything that she had just said was just a ploy to gain higher rank or not. In the end, he wasn't entirely sure if she was telling the truth, but the man clearly had trust issues, so he figured she may be lying to him. After all, lying to get power wasn't something he hadn't done before. 

"The only one that will stand by my side is my queen, the one who will bare my heir and strengthen the generations to come." He said simply, letting that hang in the air almost as if hanging a hook out for a fish. He wondered if she would take the bite or not.

the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 05:04 PM
Nyra watched his eyes turn cold under her talk of desiring more power. 
Quickly, her ears slanted back ever slightly with the acknowledgment that she'd most likely ruined the moment that they had been sharing. 

He spoke his answer simply, and she knew then that he was waiting to see if she'd take some sort of bait. 
Though she wasn't entirely sure what the bait was for, the Warqueen would nod with understanding.

After a moment, she'd finally say...

"I would do that for you when my season comes, gladly." Offering herself and her womb up for another. A feeling of... what was it? That feeling of having done or said something before?
Deja Vu.
But she wasn't sure when or where she'd said similar words...

Her tone held firmness and certainty, in a way she wasn't sure she'd expressed so solidly before. 
But the moment was ruined, in her mind,  so after looking into his eyes again to offer her honesty, she turned away with some kind of shame and sighed, giving a soft yet wry, hopeless scoff.
"I know the moment is ruined due to my severe lack of tact...I apologize." Nyra slouched, now feeling a bit too defeated and messy to try and figuratively fix her makeup.

"I'll... I'll just... I'll just go..." Never before had she felt this damn insecure. 
Quietly, the behemoth rose to her paws to try and retreat to her own den.
Part of her wanted him to stop her, the other part wanted to go cry alone.
the staff team luvs u
05-09-2022, 07:32 PM
The man watched her for a moment, noticing the change in her behavior. In all honesty, he didn't understand her, not in the slightest. She was the one that changed the subject to power and now she was quiet and wanted to leave? Women confused him with all those petty emotions, which is why he enjoyed not feeling much in the emotion department.

He nodded simply at her words, accepting that he would claim her next season, noting how effortlessly she gave it up to him. He couldn't help but chuckle slightly at that. Nonetheless, he watched her, keeping himself silent for a moment. As she moved to leave, he would shrug slightly, laying down on the ground still. "That is your prerogatives. If you want to leave, you can." He wasn't very good at helping others feel well and so, he didn't try to.

the staff team luvs u
05-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Very smol post from me to wrap up this thread ;w;

Nyra simply sighed softly at Satan's words, and continued to prowl back to her den. '
The entire way there she fought tears, and upon getting to her chosen spot, the warqueen would curl up in the depths and cry herself quietly to sleep.
the staff team luvs u
scroll to top