Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

Group Only
Like we're breathin' fire

Early Morning Sunny/Clear
Group Only
Formation
Misc Skill
05-02-2022, 12:58 PM
Bathing in the morning sunlight, Leo sat atop a rock that was just slightly slanted that had let her climb to the perch she eyed since arriving fairly easily. This spot had to be good for something she thought - something more than just a basking spot for the likes of the golden furred beauty such as she.

Stretching out her limbs in cat-like movements, rolling from one side to the next in a slow dramatic sprawl - the sunspot was in no rush to figure out what to do with this spot despite thinking of many things that could be useful to not just her, but the pack as well.

It could be used to dry out pelts... or even herbs.

“Oh! I got it!” Shooting up from her lounging, tall pointed ears spring forward while Leo looked at the stone just under her feet. Maybe she could decorate the stone and show it to @Kore to be where she makes any and all important announcements.

But was that something she wanted to work on now or later after a good sunbath?

the staff team luvs u
[Image: iHjjjrB.gif]
Ecologist
05-03-2022, 12:10 AM

Elenora hadn't meant to sit and stare for so long. No. Surely that wasn't the case. She was getting used to the land! And if even that wasn't the case, she was an observer! The fine art of nature. She'd been in Greenwood for little time and still needed to learn about the surrounding home — and the wolves. Or whatever creatures found their way into the group. She'd just been passing through when she had her eyes caught by a woman enveloped in the sun's glow. It was hard not to believe that she was not staring directly into the sun — but it was too hard to look away. The way she moved... it was almost cat-like. Not that Elenora had seen a lot of felines in her lifetime... besides the occasional mountain lion or two. But they were always graceful. That's what it was. Grace. In every aspect of her movements, even the dramatic, slow roll.

When she shot up yelling, 'I've got it!' Certainly, she thought she'd been figured out. It startled her into a standing as well, not far off where another rock laid in the shade. Elenora popped out from the side of it. It had then become clear that was not in regards to her at all. As the other woman seemed invested in whatever she was doing. And Elenora couldn't just walk away. What if she got caught? Wouldn't that be more weird to see someone going in the opposite direction? Someone who was in the same pack as you? And she couldn't avoid everyone forever. Besides, she hadn't gotten caught. Nothing to be ashamed of. If anything, she was just admiring the natural wildlife. The doe-like woman started forward, "What've you got?" She called out, trotting until she was within normal talking distance. "Hey there. I'm Elenora... I joined not Greenwood not long ago. I hope I'm... not interrupting..." She felt less confident now than before, her voice petering out, hoping that this wasn't a private moment. 

the staff team luvs u
elenora is transgender, male to female. so to strangers, she appears as a male.

[Image: ciLzP54.png]
Misc Skill
Formation
05-03-2022, 12:46 AM
The doe-like woman had in fact, gone completely unnoticed. Leonna was too occupied trying to figure out if she should do work now or later and it was only the feminine voice of someone approaching that made the decision for her. She couldn't look lazy now could she? Alone was one thing, but now she had someone who could judge her for lazying about.

“Oh! You aren't interrupting at all dear!” As she spoke, Leo took note of the strangeness of this one... it spoke with feminine tones, and yet, what Leo smelt was rather distinctively male. But Leo was unbothered by it all, strange, but not something that would hold her attention for long. The individual sounded female and well, traditionally the name that was given was female as well - so unless told otherwise, Leo would just assume that their scent was deceiving. “It's a pleasure to meet you Elenora, I'm Leo —”

As she worked up her own introduction, Leo began to pad her way down the rock she was perched on and gently landed on the dew-covered grass below. The moisture was something she could live without... but all in the name of saving face, she'd try her best to mask the disgust she felt when her toes squished.

“So! What I got is what to do with this stone here, perhaps you can help me? Maybe a second set of eyes will be nice.” Standing next to the leggy Elenora, Leo shot her sky blues toward the stone again with a satisfied nod.

the staff team luvs u
Ecologist
05-07-2022, 06:57 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 03:59 PM by Elenora. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: Skill points )

It was clear as soon as Elenora had enough courage to speak up that Leo had not even noticed her staring. She was in her own little world, which was good enough for Elenora because she didn't really know how she was going to explain herself out of this one. The golden woman responded with a joyful voice, telling the doe-like woman that she wasn't bothering her at all. Nora's smile widened as she then looked back to the rock that she'd been laying on and titled her head, still wondering what was so.... special about it. 

"Hello there, Leo..."
 Elenora's voice trailed off as the woman started back towards the rocks she was on. Naturally, Nora followed in tow of her. "It's nice to meet someone else around here." She murmured as they walked, giving another wide look around. She wondered if anyone else would come upon them. As her eyes scanned around, she took in the large standing tones that reached towards the skies. At the tops of them, birds perched, peering down at Leo as if she was half crazy, while others took long dives to snatch up unexpecting mice. Though this was not as often as it seemed. Nora knew from staring out from her den, watching overnight, for anything that moved. Now that it was morning, they will wait for sleepy critters to come out, too tired to notice their gleaming gaze. 

Leo's voice pulled her from the world beyond theirs, birds and nature, a daydream away. Nora scanned the rock and tilted her head, trying to envision something there. "I see.. Well, this is a nice rock." She hummed, inspecting it. Though when Leo joined her at her side, her eyes glinted, looking out of her peripheral at the shining girl. "Uhm... Since the sun... is right over it, maybe it'd be a good place to... dry herbs? Or, maybe a good place for a... Oh! Maybe a signal... Like, when you crush up flowers and mix it with some water, you can leave marks on stuff!" She spoke, remembering rainy days in the flower fields, and the crushed up herbs and flowers that the medicine woman in her old home would use for rituals and warning signs. It had been a while since she had done it - or seen it, so it might take a few tries, but.... she could figure it out, right?  

the staff team luvs u

Misc Skill
05-23-2022, 02:15 PM
“Oh same!” Despite being a social butterfly, Leo hadn't really been mingling with anyone in Greenwood yet since their start other than Kore. Why? She wasn't certain. Something was bugging the sunspot and she tried to keep herself from thinking about it too often with some TLC. She missed her children, and every now and then would feel the need to go see @Aries too as funny of a thought that might be.

Leo paid less attention to the birds and focused more on the new face that joined her at the rock and the rock itself. Trying her best to envision something to do with the pedestal that won't need... too much work to be done. Work smarter, not harder after all, right?

Placing a paw under her chin she thought about the drying herbs bit that Nora had brought up. That was one way of using the rock too, while Leo thought about pelts instead. Supposedly they could dry anything on the rock, really. What really piqued her interest was the creative idea of a "signal", and cerulean eyes focussed on the blues of her companion as she turned dramatically to face the taller *"woman"? “Do elaborate Elenora, what do you mean by "signal"? It sounds flashy, and I like that.” But she needed to know more before they acted upon the idea.

* Leo is just speculating and still a little confused about it all hence the "" and ?

the staff team luvs u
06-05-2022, 04:07 PM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2022, 04:07 PM by Elenora. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Speech color wasn't working )

Elenora's tail wagged back and forth with excitement as Leo matched the same energy that she felt on the inside. It was nice having someone else who fancied to talk. She was nervous when she first met most wolves, but with Leo, it wasn't hard to talk to her. It was like they'd been friends for a while. It made it easier for her to talk and not feel so timid around the other. Most of those in Greenwood seemed the same way — or, well, Kore at least. Since Leo and Kore had been the only two she'd talked to within her own pack. She admitted to herself that she needed to branch out a little more. But her anxiety tied her throat in knots and made it hard for her to keep her feminine tone, which kept her inside more than she liked to admit. 

Leo seemed interested in her idea. Elenora's face lit up when she asked questions about what she meant. It didn't discourage her, not in the slightest. If anything, it encouraged her with happiness to explain what she meant. "Well, it could be anything! Like a scent marker — except with a picture of something! A tree or a flower... something that represents who we are as a group. To let others know we are here... Or a sign for a general meeting place for all of us." She explained, taking a few steps closer to the rocks and gesturing to them, running her paw along the smooth stone. "I did it sometimes when I was a child... It isn't hard at all. I suppose we'd have to more think about what we want represented here... Any ideas?" She inquired to the other, with her gaze fixating back on the enchanting woman with colors of the sparkling sun. 

the staff team luvs u

Misc Skill
06-09-2022, 01:38 AM
“Mhm mhm.” Nodding along as Elanora took the stage in explaining what was on her mind. The "woman" lit up in all honesty which was quite adorable to see after she had been so timid just moments ago. Leave it to Leo to lift others out of their darkness and into her light - it made the sunspot smile both outwardly and internally.

“So liiiike a longer-lasting marking kind of thing.” Pursing her lips dramatically as though it would help her envision was Nora was talking about, squinting her eyes just a little while eyeballing the obelisk... she could see it. Just a little. There were still some things that needed clarification, but that would come later.

Ideas, however... there was one. Side glancing over to Nora with a little grin of her own. “I believe I do. How do you feel about roses?” It was something she and @Kore had spoken about at some time while preparing Greenwood for others to join them.

the staff team luvs u
07-10-2022, 03:52 PM

The sun softly beat against Elenora's back as it lifted higher into the sky. It wasn't an intense heat, but warmed her, spreading over her slowly. "Yes, exactly! A lasting mark. It might fade with rain, but we could reapply as needed..." 
Elenora's soft voice trailed off towards the end of her sentence, more rambling than spreading useful information. The shy woman looked away. She probably appeared a little too excitable. But she couldn't help it. She was happy to meet someone else in Greenwood — one that was as beautiful as the sun. 

"Roses?" Elenora asked, looking back at the rock that had been the topic of their discussion. She squinted, then turned her head to the side, before righting it again a few seconds after. "I love it! I think that's possible... We would need some red and maybe a little pink..." She murmured, remembering how some of her sisters would paint with their aunt, creating deer and things alike... She was never allowed to do that sort of thing, though it didn't stop her. 

the staff team luvs u

Misc Skill
08-09-2022, 07:00 PM
We can end this soon if you like and start something newer! <3

“That's not a problem - if no one else refreshes it, I would happily do it myself.” It gave her something to do that wasn't too much work as far as she was concerned. It didn't mean that her paws would get muddied from patrolling, or maw bloody with hunts - but instead painted with berries while she makes something beautiful for all to see.

“Come on Elenora, let's go get what we need and paint something lovely for everyone.” Sliding up next to the doe-like woman, Leonna invited her to come along and help pick and carry whatever they needed to make the colours. They would come back later and work their way around the stone, preferably together and do some casual gossiping between girls to bond over. Leo was just tickled by the idea of it all.

the staff team luvs u
08-12-2022, 11:46 PM

Elenora's body swayed with the flickering tail behind her, happiness ebbing through her like a puppy. She was ecstatic that Leo liked her idea — and maybe a little star-struck that someone as beautiful as the sun-kissed female would be talking to her"I will too!" 
Did she say that a bit too fast? Maybe so. Elenora could feel heat run to her face and it didn't particularly help when Leo brushed up against the side of her, ready to lead her away. All of her felt tense for a second, then flooded into the same warmth that the sun radiated. She felt full of sunshine. Never had she been so content in life. They did not judge her, nor did they walk away when they saw her coming. This was a feeling that was new, but all the while, embraced. "O-Oh, why, yes! Let's!" The doe jumped into action beside Leo, allowing their shoulders to brush together as they walked together like two high school girls skipping down to the lunchroom. All of Nora was euphoric as the sun cast their shadows away with the rising sun. 

the staff team luvs u

scroll to top