Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I wake up to the sound

Sunset Overcast 40° F
AW
Warcrest
05-01-2022, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-01-2022, 05:44 PM by Sovereign. Edited 1 time in total. Edit Reason: Location change )
@Satan and @Nyra here's baby!

The yearling felt intense heat, like fire on her flesh.
She was burning

With a war-worthy roar, Sovereign writhed from fire into existence instead of out of it.
How the fuck?!
The princess rolled until the flames were out, shaking the ashes from her impossibly unmarred pelt with rage and confusion on her face.

She remembered nothing except a face. 
The face of her mother.

Where was her mother?!
Sovereign howled loudly, demanding of answers and her indomitable mother's comfort.
the staff team luvs u
Sovereign is a 3-3-3 Rated character
05-01-2022, 05:50 PM
Nyra saw smoke from the mouth of the Eye.
The smell of burning flesh, brief yet noticeable.

And then a howl. One she recognized deep down as a call for one's mother.
The call was too deep and loud for the owner to be a true pup, but it still held the pitch of a young soul.
And so, the warbeast took off at a run to attend to the urgent cry.

What she found surprised her to the core, making the behemoth stop immediately in her tracks to look at her literal mirror image.
The girl smelled like her to a degree...
Nyra, remembering nothing from before her fall on high a mere few weeks to a month ago, was so confused as to how such a thing could happen.

There wasn't any recognition of the yearling in Nyra's eyes, simply confusion and surprise.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
05-01-2022, 05:53 PM
Sovereign didn't wait long for someone to show up.

Except this someone looked exactly how she remembered her mother to look, minus the scars. 
The female looked surprised, confused even.

Sovereign's ears slanted back slightly with hope and uncertainty.
"Mom...? Mom, it's me, Sovereign." She said, tail swaying slowly at her heels as she searched desperately over the slightly-older-looking woman's facial features.
the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 05:57 PM
The man had been resting when he heard the call and a snarl broke through as he stood up. He was getting increasingly tired of randoms showing up in his land and expecting an audience. Still, he might as well see what was going on. His mood was already sour, so perhaps they would turn into a fun plaything or food if they annoyed him. When he got there though, Nyra was already there. Opening his mouth to speak, he paused for a moment, realizing something wasn't right. 

His nostrils flared as he took in their scents, noting how they were similar. Narrowed eyes turned towards Nyra as he growled low. "What is this?" He said simply, his body tense. He had trusted her this whole time and now he wasn't so sure. Did she have a child that he didn't know about? Did she simply just choose not to tell him? She certainly better have a good explanation for this as it was clear Satan was not happy.

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
05-01-2022, 06:05 PM
Nyra turned an ear as Satan approached, clearly unhappy.
She personally was still taking in Sovereign's words, the claim that Nyra was her mother.

Looking to Satan, she uttered an honest response to him.
"She claims I'm her mother, but I don't remember having any children in my life. I don't remember anything from over about a month ago." 
Her gaze found Sovereign again, analytical and searching.
The girl was clearly being genuine and seemed too hopeful for this to be a ploy of any kind...

Nyra shook her head sharply, brows knitting as she tried to dig through the memories she couldn't access.
the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 06:11 PM
There was no recognition in her mother's face for her.
This saddened Sovereign.

A male prowled up next to the behemoth woman, obviously agitated and questioning the older woman.
She observed with a breaking heart as her mother uttered a confession to the man, what she could catch was only that she didn't remember having children...
Nothing over...a month ago...

With newfound determination, Sovereign insisted. 
"I'm your daughter. You trained me to fight, worked me to the bone until I could best you! If you don't believe me, then fight me!" She pressed, taking a ready stance. She knew her mother, who never said no to a challenge. Especally a challenge of combat.
the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 06:15 PM
The man watched the two with narrowed eyes, ear flicking at Nyra's words. The scent that came off the new girl was similar to the woman's which meant she was related, likely her daughter. However, for some reason, Satan believed Nyra as she spoke about having no recollection of it. His pink gaze turned towards the girl, noting her challenge. With little reaction, he would turn to Nyra, silently asking her if she wanted to deal with this. 

She was apart of his pack, which meant he would protect her if she wanted him too. Right now though, he gave her the option, fight her unknown daughter, or let him do so. He wouldn't kill her, but would show her that challenges do get thrown around so simply.

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 06:30 PM
I'm gonna do the fight in this one post for the sake of speed lol

Nyra's eyes widened slightly as the girl pressed with newfound fire.
A challenge. 
A fight.
Satan deferred the decision to her to make. With an affirmative nod, Nyra would accept Sovereign's desperation-filled challenge, alone.
Stepping forward, the warmaiden left no obvious warning before she exploded forward, aiming her fangs for Sovereign's face. 

The princess knew it was coming though. Even younger-looking, her mom had the same tells as she did in another life - there was a certain glimmer in her eyes, a split-second tension in the air before the warbeast would explode forward.
Sovereign ducked her muzzle as Nyra drove for her eyes, catching the warqueen by the throat and driving her downward into a swift yet powerful pin. 

Quickly, Nyra reared her hind paws and kicked for Sovereign's abdomen, but due to her positioning the kick only scraped her inner ribs.
Sovereign would growl loudly and increase her hold's pressure slightly, a warning. I don't want to hurt you.

Nyra snarled in response and forfeited, pressing a massive paw to Sovereign's chest.

The yearling let go then, backing off with a huff that hinted at a nonverbal 'I told you so.'
"You have the same tells of my mother." Sovereign explained softly, "You get a glimmer in your eye that's always there before you rush forward." She looked to Satan and back to Nyra, hop and determination in her eyes. "Is that proof enough?" 
the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 06:37 PM
The male nodded once and backed away, giving the women room to have their fight. Even though he let them fight alone, the brute was tense, not trusting the new woman. The fight quickly turned sour and Satan rushed forward, though Nyra had already submitted before he could shove the other one off of her. He snarled in warning as the other one pulled away, going to Nyra's side to help her up with a gentle but firm nuzzle from his head. "You alright?" He asked softly before turning to the other one. 

"If she doesn't remember you, then that's that. However, if she is okay with it, you can stay here and get to know each other again." His voice was gruff and tense as usual, a clear sign that he didn't trust the young wolf. He glanced over at Nyra, giving her the final say. The only reason he was letting the young girl in was for her.

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 06:46 PM
Nyra was in disbelief as Sovereign backed away, explaining her tells and how she was able to be beaten so fast.
Satan was quick to come to her aid, to which Nyra accepted his help and shook out her fur as the King growled at the yearling.
"I'm okay, she didn't do any damage." She answered to his question.
It was once again deferred to her for the final decision though. 
The warqueen sighed.

"I'm not entirely convinced yet, but perhaps time and exposure to this girl will change my mind." Nyra said after a moment, looking to Satan as she spoke. 
An acceptance from the Deputy, of Sovereign's presence within Warcrest.
Only time would uncover if the yearling and Nyra were truly mother and daughter, after all.
the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 06:49 PM
Sovereign's hackles started to rise as the albino man growled at her.
She knew distrust, and it certainly wasn't being concealed...
Forcing her fur to smooth over, the young soldier's ears perked as Nyra gave a hesitant acceptance to her presence within their pack.

"Thank you, I promise I won't make you doubt me." She vowed, relief subconsciously evident on the yearling's face as her tail swayed slowly a few times at her hocks.
the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 07:41 PM
The man sighed slightly but nodded, disliking all of this. However, this wasn't for him to deal with and all he could do was back up Nyra, which he would without question. He watched the youngster for a moment, glancing over at her. "You're name is Sovereign, correct?" He thought that's what he heard when he walked over. "Welcome to Warcrest, my name is Satan and I'm the leader and founder of this group. Regardless of the reason for your joining, you are old enough to pull your weight so tell me, what are you good at?"

He continued glancing over at Nyra, silently making sure she was alright. He didn't know when he started to care about her, but he would surely say it was just because of her role in his pack.

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 08:09 PM
me bypassing Nyra this round to make it easier on my poor brain lol

Sovereign's attention went to the man as he introduced himself as Satan - the Alpha and founder of Warcrest.

Glancing to her mom, she felt the need to extend respect, to please her if nothing else. 
Thus she would answer the big guy's question. 

"Fighting, sir. That's all I've trained for ever since I was a cub." She responded, hoping the fight she just won would back up her claim.
the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 08:35 PM
The man thought for a moment and finally nodded, shaking out his fur as he did so. "Fine, you'll be a fighter, prove your worth to us all." With that, he would turn to leave, using his nose to gently push Nyra towards the den. He wasn't forcing her to come with him, but was letting her know that he wanted her to come with. She needed some time to think this through without her daughter sticking around. 

"Come on, you can stay in my den if you wish." He spoke softly, his voice only carrying to Nyra. His den was much larger than any of the others, and he had no qualms with giving it to her for the time being.

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 09:13 PM
Sovereign gave a curt nod as Satan gave her a rank, then turned to leave. She would follow at the rear.

Nyra didn't fight the albino King as he used his nose to push her towards the Eye, murmuring to her an offer to use his den for the time being. Confused as to the gesture, the warqueen hesitated at first, but nodded in agreement. She figured on the assumption he just wanted to speak to her again, probably. 

Though she wasn't sure what he'd talk to her about.

Regardless, the behemoth would prowl beside Satan into the Eye and, for the meantime at least, let Sovereign settle into the territory and potentially meet her new packmates while she herself would allow Satan to check her over and do whatever else he wanted to assure she was okay. 

we can fade here? <3

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top