Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I’m usually the musical instructor but I’m also the school counselor now

Sunrise Sunny/Clear
AW
Entertainer
04-26-2022, 09:09 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 09:09 PM by Moir.)
moir's pullin a narcissus

the woods were riparian, meaning that the river fed it directly, flowing past the red-stained wood and providing the forest's backing soundtrack.

they hadn't spent a lot of time on the river's edge. in winter the river was cold, dead. but now it had appeal. all the life of the forest seemed to burst forth from this location: the plants, the bugs, the birds. there were fish, if moir looked closely.

for now, they sat on an overhang, where the ground had been eroded by past floods and trees had laid their roots, now exposed to the air. their front legs dangled from the small cliff, just a few feet over the river itself. they could see their reflection in the flowing water below, slightly distorted by the currents. they smiled at themself before they began singing.

there was a boy
a very strange, enchanted boy
they say he wandered very far
very far, over land and sea
a little shy and sad of eye
but very wise was he...
♪”

it was a song that had been sung about them — for them — before, a slow ballad that needed little accompaniment. moir enjoyed the association with it, both in its melody and its lyrics. in the quiet spring morning light, everything felt right and aligned.

the staff team luvs u

and i'm just mad about my afternoon teas,

they're quite informal i just do them to please.
Entertainer
Discovery
05-03-2022, 02:39 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 02:40 AM by Miriam. Edited 2 times in total.)
give me a ping if it's not okay to bounce off the song!

Back to the woods she roamed, the smell of sweetness dragging her along to the red-oozing forest. Unchanging in that way where the riparian eternally stood, and was always delivering a sweet, suckling sap. She could see the butterflies hovering over ; as spring embraced them all and the insects were gathering their ripe goods. Though she could hear something ; the sound of another. A song that had her ears flickered and heart toy slightly — a song that felt like her own words drifted out.

"And then one day
A magic day he passed my way
And while we spoke of many things
Fools and kings
This he said to me:

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn
Is just to love and be loved in return."

The voice whispered on the wind and Miriam responded ; she searched though, to find the other who spoke in a whimsical ways.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top