Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
Hmm. How people change like tides.

Early Morning Sunny/Clear
AW
Warcrest
04-26-2022, 08:08 PM
@Satan I got some more peeps for Warcrest!

Eclipse and the two others, @Shadow and @Spring, had been traveling for a long time now. They had traveled south but had changed direction. As time went on, the three changed, becoming fearless, confident, and almost bloodthirsty in a way. 

They had traveled east until they hit the desert. Now, they were searching for someplace to call home. 

The three had risen in the early morning, setting out not long after. They soon came upon a... mountain with a lake? Surely someone had to be here. 

Eclipse paused, then howled the signal that they were here, waiting. It echoed some, stopping after a few moments. Eclipse then sat, waiting for someone to arrive.
the staff team luvs u
☯ Eclipse ☯
Paladin
04-26-2022, 09:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 09:10 PM by Nyra. Edited 1 time in total.)
sneaking into this! Also OOC note for Warden specialty

The Warmaiden heard the howl, and prowled up to the entrance of the Eye, staring with scrutiny and a sinister aura at the ones who called. 
There seemed to be three wolves waiting, and Nyra held them in her fierce gaze firmly as she spoke.

"This is the home of Warcrest. State your intentions." 
A way of asking why they were here, except...not asking.  
She may not be an Alpha, yet, but she lived here, and would defer the aura of power to Satan whenever he arrived. 

Until then, she was the face of Warcrest that showed.
the staff team luvs u
This is my art, and it is dangerous 
04-26-2022, 10:03 PM
The man heard the call and instantly rose, stretching himself before moving swiftly to the call. However, before he stepped out, he made sure to coat himself in the blood of his most recent kill, letting it sink into his coat. Now that he was protected from the sun, he moved over, quickly seeing the four creatures. Three of them seemed to be rogues but he caught Nyra and slowed down. 

Coming to a halt, he would lay himself down a few feet away, close enough to listen but not yet interrupting. For now, he would let Nyra take this, a silent trail to see if she was worthy of the rank she was obviously working for. His presence was known, he was a large white wolf in the open desert after all, but he was clearly giving Nyra the go ahead to take control of the situation for now

the staff team luvs u
[Image: 594e2082-689d-11ed-b829-057c57b7de88.gif]
04-26-2022, 10:10 PM
Warcrest, hmm? Shadow liked the sound of that. He was sure the other two did too. He met the wolf's sinister aura with defiance and power emanating from him, and felt it coming from Spring and Eclipse too. 

"I am Shadow. The other two are Spring and Eclipse. We are here, looking for a pack to call home." He told her, a look of fearlessness on his face.
the staff team luvs u
✿ Shadow ✿
04-26-2022, 10:25 PM (This post was last modified: 04-26-2022, 10:27 PM by Nyra. Edited 2 times in total. Edit Reason: typos lol )
Nyra swiveled an ear to catch Satan approaching, but he didn't take charge, instead giving her a nonverbal go-ahead.

While the male, Shadow, responded, naming himself and the two with him, she held her tail high, interest in her fire-gold hues.

"What are your skills? How will you all prove yourselves of use to us, should we accept you?" She would ask, voice a seductive, succubus purr as the warqueen gave her...interview.
the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 12:03 AM
He noticed the chance in Nyra as he approached. Interesting. Perhaps he should speak to her about that later. For now though, he would lay there and listen, ears pushed forward as he watched the interaction with bright pink eyes. His fur prickled slightly as the confidence of the male, not liking how he was speaking to Nyra. For now though, he let her handle it. However, should the man do anything that Satan saw as annoying or disrespectful, he would step in without any hesitation.

the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 02:52 PM
Sorry for taking so long, I was busy and had almost no ideas! TwT""

Spring stepped forward. "Medics, strategic, and excellent fighters. Those are our skills - which I think you will need and want, due to your pack's name.

He noticed the other wolf's scent in the wind. "And we are also able to withstand high temperatures, despite our coloring. Eclipse and I could also give you more members, as we are mates.

He knew packs always were looking for more members, especially young ones to train.
the staff team luvs u
♥ Spring ♥
04-27-2022, 03:00 PM
that's okay! It happens lol <3

Nyra watched the second male step forward to speak, answering her question.
Medics, fighters. Didn't seem like a bad idea to see if they would hold up to that claim. 

The warqueen gave a thoughtful hum, glancing to Satan as she considered the three on their doorstep.

"Alright. If Satan has no further questions or objections," She gestured loosely to her albino mirror image laying down somewhere behind her, "Then I say welcome to Warcrest." 

Her firegold gaze turned to the currently out-of-sight King, addressing the albino alpha "What are your thoughts?" 
the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 03:07 PM
The man listened and watched, letting Nyra take care of it all. However, as they spoke about being warriors and healers, he would glance back over at the white woman, noting that she turned back to him as well. Though he didn't say it, he liked the fact that, though he had given her the ability to take control of the situation, she still looked to him for the final choice. 

With a nod, the brute would finally rise and stalk forward, his pure white coat covered in dried blood as it usually was. Pink eyes glanced over all three of them for a moment. "Welcome to Warcrest, once you show me what you are useful for, you will gain standing in the ranks." He would nod at them all before turning to Nyra, approval clear in his eyes. 

"Meet with me after you show them around." With that, the man would turn to leave, only stopping if any chose to have conversation with the giant.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top