Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

AW
I'm fucking loco, I can't get through to you,

Afternoon Sunny/Clear
AW
Dragonford Isles
04-26-2022, 01:02 AM
After talking to @Tiberius and his search for a tiger.. It brought her mind back to @Olympia-Elune ; the lost cub found upon the isle. She was growing steadily, as so was her appetite and even attitude particulary. At the very least Vendrussel had some sort of control over her, but she wasn't sure when that would last. She grown fond of the other, but felt.. Felt it wasn't her place to keep her, more like a guardian then anything, and always assumed of all the children that came. Their parents, may return. Even that was a foolish dream, it felt even more prominent for the tigress.

The thought always came to bring her to the tigers of the north, but she was more solidified within thought. If anything could find @Kuhn at the very least, and ask if could teach her where the dragoness fails at. She did not know the way how they hunt, they fought, to use their power to their advantage. Her own was only a wolf, a lesser predator, within the wilds.

She found Olympia somewhere upon the brim — gradually she has been going out more just as she has been growing. She gazed toward the north, before looking back at the other, "What do you think about finding other tigers?"

the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 05:20 PM
^^

Olympia was not someone who thought others to tire of her company. Though young, she certainly thought herself top of the world. She cast an offended look towards Vendrussel, "you want to get rid of me?" Oly demanded as she turned to her, tilting her chin up as she huffed at the Dragoness. Why else would she bring up other tigers?

Darkly she thought of the orange and black tiger who had annoyed her something fierce and she sniffed.
"I'm the only tiger who matters." ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 12:10 AM
"Calm down," Vendrussel huffed back with a sigh and a faint smile, "when did you grow up so aggressive?" Where did the time go.. Was this how parents fell? She wasn't even that old yet and somehow found herself as a caretaker of sorts to others — even if she wasn't doing such a proper job and gradually just poppin in once in a while. Unknowingly, taking a role sort of like an absent parent ; and yet watching how much the tigress was growing, was not an exaggeration and overall a worry if they could really contain her anymore.

She approached and nudged her head gently with Vendrussel's paw before placing it back to the ground. "More to find those who can actually guide you as a tiger. A wolf can only go so far, but we don't have the same claws or fangs." She nearly also said 'to find your parents,' but the other had no indication or care to find them at all. At the point as well, Vendrussel was willing to hand over a cub to parents who willingly abandoned their child with a pack of wolves. 

But felt it was right to perhaps find her a pride, that had likened minds. Unknowing, she met Kuhn and did not care for him.

the staff team luvs u
04-29-2022, 04:04 PM
^^

Aggressive? Olympia blinked, affronted, before she huffed and whisked her head to the side in her signature 'hmph'. "I wouldn't use that word," she deflected, "it makes me sound barbaric. I'm better than that." She momentarily thought of her attack on Kuhn's paw, thinking that maybe... no, no, he had forced a rise out of her. Olympia was the victim in that matter, thank you very much.

Her purr was instantaneous when Vendrussel's paw nudged her head, this time not in desire to tell her off. Her nose wrinkled at Vendrussel's next words and she scoffed, lifting her chin as she stormed a bit away.
"I don't need to learn from other tigers," Oly arched a brow, looking over her shoulder with the distaste written across her face. "I am the best tiger and I am teaching myself just fine," why did she seem hell bent on other tigers? What did they matter? She was doing just fine without them, wasn't she? "As are you, thank you very much."

"Besides," she lowered herself to her rump and lifted a forepaw to inspect it, "I have met another tiger. He's an idiot." What else could she use to describe him? Next time, she would push him off of his throne. Only it wasn't a throne because he wasn't a King, how could he be a King when she was the only tiger great enough to be any royalty? She pouted, running her tongue along her teeth as she wondered how his paw was. ^^

the staff team luvs u
05-01-2022, 10:02 PM
"Yeah?" She laughed lightly at the other ; who even toward the words would argue against. She was a fearsome one that's for sure, and the day she would go upon her own (so Vendrussel kept thinking), would be the day those on the outside would have troubles, surely. She could already imagine the tigress who occasionally strolled on out, causing enemies within the wakes. Though she couldn't always watch her, nor' keep such power at bay at the isle ; the best could do is help guide, and correct at anything. .. But that didn't really seem to change much, she held her own attitude and mind.

She could only teach so much. Tigers were great within water ; her form was far more powerful then anything Vendrussel could do. At some point she'd like to see the other fish more, because she'd make an excellent angler. .. Though the dragoness was more interested as the other mentioned meeting a tiger, "Oh? Did they give a name?" There was a slight tease within her smile — a thought that if she found someone of her age, wouldn't a nice relationship bloom.

Vendrussel saw Olympia as someone who needed friends.

the staff team luvs u
05-05-2022, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2022, 05:37 PM by Olympia-Elune.)
^^

She was unaware to the worries that Vendrussel had for the world as she grew, perhaps blissfully unaware yet would it matter even if she had an inkling of her concerns? It was perhaps a stroke of luck that Olympia had gotten as attached and borderline possessive of the Dragon as she had, for it meant that she held a little bit of control over the growing girl.

Olympia didn't return any smile, instead she continued to look unimpressed at the continuation of the topic of other tigers. This tiger in particular. She sniffed,
"unfortunately the meeting did go on long enough for me to get his name." In truth, she wouldn't mind running into him again -- just maybe this time she had better instincts than to gnaw and claw at his paw. She didn't like him but she didn't hate him and for Olympia, that meant you were starting to be in her good books. The man still annoyed her, though and should he try and touch her throne again, Olympia might seek to do more damage than a paw.

"His name is Kuhn," Elune grunted with a small pout. "Big, orange with silly black stripes and he sat on my throne!"^^

the staff team luvs u
05-08-2022, 01:44 AM
She was surprised ; she already met @Kuhn. The very same tiger Vendrussel had planned to bring Olympia too, and yet it didn't seem she was a fan of him. The man was rather rough upon the edges, though hunted with her had a strange possession like a true predator, and yet at the same time, seemed torn by his mortality of civility. A strange enigma she would say, where he wanted to be polite, but couldn't seem to grasp it. She didn't want to meet him again, or more uncaring on the matter — but was the only tiger she knew, that could possibly talk and help guide the tigress. 

"Where's your throne?" Which only brought more questions as she tilted her head.

the staff team luvs u
06-01-2022, 08:48 PM
^^

She sniffed, unsure if she wanted to divulge the location of her sacred throne. Though she reasoned that this was her Dragon, Vendrussel, so she supposed it was okay. ''Past our hunting grounds,'' Olympia stated simply, ''it's mine,'' the girl warned though would grin a toothy grin as she peered to her. ''I made sure to wee on it, so it has my scent.''

That's what wolves did, didn't they?
''Are you done now with your ideas of other tigers?'' Olympia whined as she threw herself against Vendrussel, purring deeply. ^^

the staff team luvs u
06-06-2022, 06:04 AM
"Yeah? Best check on it often, you know our enemies are always around. What if they try and get you as revenge?" She smiled lightly in a jest to try and spook the other, though the truth was there. Olympia knew of her deeds, for she vaguely remembered the other was at the meeting. But she didn't leave, maybe she was too young to understand — but the dragoness didn't blame anyone for doing so, especially not Aarkon. Whether he held a grudge against her or not, she did not follow so ; wishing him the best as he called her a coward. Only to grind her teeth, and accept such an outcome.

Sometimes admittingly, she grew frustrated. If another wolf attacks, especially on their grounds, is it not right to defend? A wolf that was old enough to know she could get hurt, and the Alpha who gave so many warnings — Vendrussel should stop thinking about it. This land was different then what she knew. The more she tried to defend herself the more her gut twisted and the angrier she felt at it all, and the blame that went onto them. But.. She couldn't blame them now for coming after her, especially for what she done. She'd do the same.

"Fine, fine." But the girl seemed find staying with her, purring and rubbing against so that would make it harder for the wolf to see her leave.

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top