Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
the dream weaves through the waters,

Fog
P
Dragonford Isles
Adventurer
04-25-2022, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 04:36 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 3 times in total.)
Vendrussel looked back to see whether @Dream continued to follow her. They ended up coming to the brim, where a fog rolled in and covered the beach — slowly it descended to the ocean that she faced, but remained clear further away. There was ways to get to the sepulcher without swimming, but she never revealed it personally. Some can find it with a better ease once the tides were down ; but when it came to the trial it mattered not. For those stones don't reach the sacred isle.

"Follow me into the waters," she threw her words back, not checking whether he truly would or not. Swimming, through the rather calming waves as she slithered through like a snake within water. A natural resource for the dragoness, who was born from the ice and sea itself. An ease, as she swam through and making way from the pillars of rocks and finally..

The isle that was before her. Vendrussel swam until she made it to the testing grounds. Where there Dream would be tested if to join the ford, or not.

the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 04:57 PM
Dream followed Vendrussel through the waves, calm and collected as he swam with little effort. For he had been born on the shore of his past life's lands, and from the moment he was born he was called to the sea by an urge so intense, he trained himself almost every day, almost every hour to rise above the waves. He was a natural swimmer, always testing himself with how far he could go and how fast he could go. He thanked all who had helped him, for he had been able to conquer waves that almost no one else dared to (they were almost like cowards, for the waves he conquered were not that challenging). 

He silently followed her at her command, though not because he wanted to conserve his energy. He wanted to enjoy the silence, the sound of the waves. 

Soon, an isle came before them, beautiful and majestic, rising out of the waters. He swam faster, reaching Vendrussel's side. "Is this where I will be tested?"
the staff team luvs u
♚ Dream ♚
Adventurer
04-25-2022, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 04-25-2022, 10:58 PM by Vendrussel. Edited 1 time in total.)
minor powerplay if thats ok!

Vendrussel nodded as they swam ; satisfied, that a figure knew how to. Majority of all wolves knew of swimming but that didn't mean everyone was good at it. As long one could swim to the isles she was satisfied. A battle within water was always an advantage if it came too, especially if enemies were on the float. The war between two were silent.. Most likely with everything that was happening to the world itself.. Dragonford was at least, at the peace. Enemies may be drawn but she would like to continue this peace, and hope that Valeska would keep her word.

As they swam and made their way to the isle itself — the dragoness would bring up Dream to the peak of so. Through the torii gated — the unknown building that never seemed to fall. A rope holding to the other part, such a strange view. As they ventured to the peak, Vendrussel looked down to the waters. Calm and spotless, even the sky itself seemed relatively at ease.

"Just have to jump." Her paw waved over, with a smile of course.

the staff team luvs u
04-25-2022, 10:45 PM
He was calm as she waved a paw, saying to jump off into the waters. He trusted his instincts, and they told him that Vendrussel meant no harm to him. Dream then nodded, bracing himself for the dive. He trusted Vendrussel. 

"If that is what I must do, that is what will happen.

He finally jumped, gracefully arching into a dive as he fell, closing his eyes and feeling the wind whoosh through his fur. He heard the ocean waves gently rolling beneath him, moments before impact. Since he was in an arching dive, finally reaching the water wouldn't cause him to lose his breath. 

Impact. Dream was high enough up that he went a little far down under the water, but it cost almost no effort to make it back to the surface. Then he swam back to shore, and to where Vendrussel was waiting. 

"How was that?"
the staff team luvs u
♚ Dream ♚
Adventurer
04-25-2022, 11:03 PM
Though as much as she enjoyed the dive — sometimes they were all too peaceful. Today was perhaps one of those days, where Dream dived into it's depths with an ease. She watched his finger fall into the waters itself, embracing so before seeing his body swarm up without another thought. She ventured down the mound, following so with an relaxed smile, just as how calming the day was. Anyone was welcomed — but she wondered if other packs do harder imitations. Perhaps if Vendrussel met another leader, she could ask.

"Welcome to Dragonford," the woman said, and if Dream allowed it she would brush her tongue against in a faint grooming. A partnership, between now new comrades as he was covered by the brine of the sea. Salty within the making, not a taste to be desired and one as well that could make any sick if drunk too much of so, "as found upon the Cosmic Isle, a nickname to embrace within our ford will be the Cosmic Dragon," as she felt it was well-suited to not only where they met ; but his name as well.

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 01:45 PM
Dream nodded, satisfied with himself and what he has accomplished. "Thank you for accepting me into your pack. I am forever humbled by your kindness. In return, you can call on me whenever you want, even if it's just to talk. I am at your service.

Then Vendrussel gave him a new name, one that fit him well. He bowed in return. "Thank you, I am honored to receive a name like that of a dragon's. I will wear it with pride.

Dream thought about his new name. It fit him, not just because he was found at the Cosmic Isle, yet also because dreams are cosmic, forever universal and shared. 

"But for now, shall we go? I have yet to meet the others."
the staff team luvs u
♚ Dream ♚
04-27-2022, 11:34 PM
He seemed nice and she smiled with a nodding — enjoying the attitude he was giving. A value in kind members and trusty companions was also the greatest desire, and she hoped he would stay for some time.. Not too many seemed to leave just yet, nor' throw much of a fuss likewise. In general though, Vendrussel wasn't sure how'd she think if others wanted to leave just.. Because. At the very least though, those who turned their backs or left without a word ; were not welcomed back.

"The home is at that isle," Vendrussel pointed to the forested island in the middle of the sepulcher. A lushed area surprisingly, where even fresh water was within, "but for newcomers we ask they guard the beach more then stay at the isle," were her last words before dipping her body to the ocean waters, and beckoning him to follow to the island. He can get acquainted with others on his own time.

the staff team luvs u
04-29-2022, 02:43 PM
"The home is at that isle." Vendrusssel pointed to another isle, Dream following the direction until he saw the isle. It looked pretty, with trees all around. 

"It looks very beautiful. I would love to -" Dream began, but was cut off by her speaking again. 

"But for newcomers, we ask they guard the beach more than stay at the isle." And at that, she dipped into the waters and beckoned for him to follow. 

He followed her into the waters, thinking about why newcomers guard the beach more than stay at the isle. It was probably because they haven't proven themselves besides doing the trial, and were not full-fledged members yet.
the staff team luvs u
♚ Dream ♚
scroll to top