Welcome to Canis Major

a wolf and animal rpg (role-playing game)

Canis is a writing community for play-by-post (forum-based), freeform roleplay set in a fictional dream world in the intrusion fantasy genre. Most characters on Canis are wolves; many play elements are focused around wolves and canids, but the world makes room for a large variety of other animal characters such as dogs, horses, cats, bears, deer, and many, many more.

Our community is focused on flexibility, creativity, and collaboration. That boils down to a few important features:

• There is no set activity requirement to write
  • The setting and plot are member-created and staff-supported
  • The game is continuously improved to increase fun and decrease stress

Learn more in our Rulebook!

P
We Are All Gonna Make it

P
Northfall
04-24-2022, 10:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-24-2022, 10:17 PM by Kuhn. Edited 2 times in total.)
Cats usually slept alot as it was. But, a large injured one would enjoy sleeping twice as much. Kuhn was unaware of @Tiberius 's arrival at northfall, he must have missed the call because he was fast asleep bathing in the sun.

While @Valmúa lead his friend inside, the big cat was sprawled out on his side, half in the sun and half in the shade. It had been a long day.
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 08:05 PM
^^

The felines scent grew stronger and Tiberius was unable to stop his gait from growing fierce and quickened, his molten gaze narrowed for the tell-tale orange and black. His marred lips would twitch when he spotted him, the feline evidently sunbathing -- or shade bathing, with half his frame in the shade. "Kuhn," he rumbled, some tension settling as he saw the feline alive with his own eyes.

He stilled where he stood, his shoulders bunching up as his lips thinned against his teeth. "I's 'ad nothin' ta do wit' it," Tiberius stated with a risen chin, had Kuhn thought him part of the plan, despite him not being present for it? He dug his claws into the earth, waiting with a baited breath to see if one of his first friends was about to be gone. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 08:42 PM
Recently awoken the cat opened his mouth into a gaping yawn, stretching out to his toes. Still in a state of torper, an ear flicked to the source of footsteps and voices coming through the trees.

Following suit, he rolled himself over on his side to face the source of the noise, revealing some of the worst of his wounds on his neck, shoulder, pouch, and flank; which where now somewhat scabbed over thanks to the hard work of @Harper .

At first, it didn't click that he was looking at Tiberius. Though after a moment, Kuhn couldn't hold back a still mischievous smile, his now scarred lip parting, to show his genuine happiness to see the titian.

"I didn't think so..." , he chuffed, while hoisting himself to his feet. The cat had given this some thought, figuring he would have had the decency to face him in the Everfrost if he did.
the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 09:19 PM
^^

Sering the evidence of the Walrus fight and the ambush solidified his decision even more. Sachiko hadn't been at his side because she was caring or wanting to be his friend, she had been there for selfish purposes. Purposes that had led to the second event. The titan was certain that Kuhn hadn't sustained the neck injuries in their rescue mission, given how he had been atop the Walrus for the majority.

So it had to have been from the ambush.

He grit his teeth as he wondered who had healed the feline, knowing it couldn't have been Olive and to his knowledge, no one else actively in the rescue mission had held the skills. Northfall must have had their own healer, laying their skills upon Kuhn from both of his fights. Tiberius thought to find them and thank them for helping his friend.

Kuhn seemed to think from the start that Tiberius had nothing to do with it. He released a breath he hadn't realised he was holding as he stepped closer to the now standing feline, "ain't Shiroshika no more," he grunted as he bumped his head into Kuhn's uninjured flesh, molten gaze focusing on the part that was injured. "Northfall got themselves medic?" The titan rumbled, unable to look away from the wounds with a troubled gaze. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-26-2022, 10:42 PM
As the man stepped in closer, the smell of Shiroshika was still somewhat lingering on the Titian, sending a bit of a chill down the striped cat's spine. "That's good." he rumbled, returning the gesture, by running his head down the side of his friend's side. His greeting today, noticably more emotional than usual, almost purring.

"Ahh this?", Rotating himself around in a circle, to show his wounds. "@Harper has been taking care of this. She is from Elysium actually."
the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 07:04 PM
^^

Any other tension that was caused by anything other than his distance from Olive would bleed away with the returned gesture from the feline, Kuhn's head running down his side. Satisfied that the feline had not thought him to have anything to do with it, Tiberius settled. Somewhat. Mostly. He tried. 

Tiberius frowned as he watched the mini-show, molten gaze narrowing to the name he had not heard before and the Pack he hadn't heard before. "Mates of yers? Or Northfalls?" the titan questioned as he rolled his shoulders, still feeling like he had failed the feline in some way. Tiberius couldn't take his eyes off of the mans neck, the failure bubbling in his own throat. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 09:00 PM
After finishing his full rotation, he sat back on his haunches. Picking something off of his shoulder with his front teeth, spitting it to the ground, "Both. Coincidence I think."

Returning his gaze to his friend, he noticed the way he was being looked at, his fur puffing up ever so slightly in discomfort, though he smiled a bit to vent the feeling.
"So... That girl from the mountains? You kinda took off after we killed that thing..." He prodded, changing the subject. Looking on at his friend, one might have expected the cat to show his normal mischievous grin. Though he just stood there tilting his head, his tail fliting in curiosity.
the staff team luvs u
04-27-2022, 09:19 PM
^^

Tiberius wasn't so sure he believed in coincidences yet he would give a sharp nod, having no further opinion on the matter of this Harper or Elysium.

He cleared his throat as Kuhn's question came to sound and he looked momentarily alarmed to be asked, not having expected it and thankfully, the warmth on his cheeks could not be spied. "Olive," he divulged as he shuffled on his paws, appearing to be almost... shy. "Needed ta git 'er away from it," her torture had been so close, he could never have sought to keep her by it. "M'girl," Tiberius clarified, lifting his molten gaze to Kuhn to relay the importance of the words he had divulged. He was the only one to know, having not really been able to tell Reiko given the whole... exile thing.

^^

the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 04:04 AM
"Ha! That's great! I had a feeling...", piping up, he was back on his feet, coming in to bump the bridge if his nose against the man, interrupting the Titian's nervous shuffling.

The news of his friends joy, now seemed to give the cat some new life, sliding off the man, taking long arching steps he began to circle the wolf; the cat's posture swinging and exited, despite his wounds.

Before he had chosen not to pry, letting the two have their space after slaying the massive beast. But, now he wanted to know more. "You will have to introduce me soon!", still suspicious that he had met this woman before. Something about the cat seemed lighter for the moment, free of the thoughts of the Everfrost. He was glad for the man, and happy that he could play a part in their reuiion.
the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 03:48 PM
^^

He was interrupted by the bump by Kuhn's nose, his own scrunching as he rumbled out a chuckle. "A feelin'," the titan mused, knowing that he hadn't really been subtle with his attentions towards Olive when he had been found by Kuhn on the day she had been taken and how he had left with her once the fight was over. Though not subtle, he hadn't exactly divulged much information towards his friend, so Tiberius supposed he was only rightfully curious. He would have been too.

Kuhn seemed to grow with life and excitement, appearing to be closer to his previous self as he circled the titan. "Aye, I reckon Olive would be 'appy ta meet m'friend an' someone who 'elped rescue 'er," she would likely have thanks for him, too. "Yer stayin' 'ere, mate? Wit' Northfall?" He eyed him, though he would understand why... Tiberius knew that it would sadden him. He wouldn't be able to call anywhere other than the Tundra his home, it was in his veins now and though it certainly bordered the Tundra, it wasn't the tundra. If he came back with him to Frostchant, he could definitely meet her then. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-28-2022, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2022, 07:51 PM by Kuhn.)
Now the smirk broke though, as the dark man reiterated the phrase 'A feeling'. Showing the tip of his tooth, he took a moment to let it linger. "I think I have met her actually..." lashing his tail he paused his pacing to cock his head. "She lives in that other mountain range?"

At the mention of staying in northfall, all the playfulness seemed to drop from his face, as he turned his shoulder to look back north to the tundra. "Tib, you know I'm not a pack wolf. But, now I have debts to pay." Then looking to the east his nose wrinkled, pressing his claws into the soil, "And, some to collect on..."
the staff team luvs u
Paladin
Counsellor
04-28-2022, 08:17 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 07:06 PM by Tiberius. Edited 2 times in total.)
^^

He nodded, "aye. Cloudrest, claimed by Frostchant." Tiberius wouldn't be completely surprised had he already met Olive before their rescue mission, given her adventurous tendencies. Kuhn didn't seem to have any negative thoughts of his potential previous meeting of her so that was good -- though he doubted that he would, given how Tiberius thought it impossible to dislike her.

Tiberius' features grew troubled, "Kuhn..." did he want revenge? "Revenge ain't gonn' do shit fer yer," he rumbled as he stepped forward, trying to get the feline to focus back on him. "they ain't worth shit, yeah? Fuck, they tried ta kill yer an' failed. Yer deserve ta live an' do shit," Tiberius didn't want to see him go down this path, knowing that it wouldn't lead anywhere good. He wanted him to come with him yet he knew that in the end, Kuhn would do what he wanted to. The titan didn't want to see him shovel all of his potential for the likes of Shiroshika.

"I's want yer t'be alrigh'. An'... join me, I's dunno wha' I's doin' yet, godda talk tah Olive bu'..." he trailed off as he sighed, silvery brows pulling together. Even if he just became a lone wolf for the rest of his days, he'd rather have Kuhn with him than dead somewhere -- he'd taken down some with him, though. "They failed," he couldn't let them make him into the complete monster that they had painted him as. ^^

the staff team luvs u
04-29-2022, 10:44 PM
If it was who he thought she was, he knew he already did like her. He had spend that otherworldly night with the woman on the top of the cloudrest mountains. The night had been rather intimate in a way, so the cat opted not to bring it up, as he didn't know how the titian would react to knowing that he had the woman locked in his jaws.

Nonetheless if he was correct, Tiberius had found himself an otherworldly woman, someone who seemed to be a cut above most mortals. It was no wonder Tib and her where meant to love.

Still he stood with his back turned to the man. Pivoting his head around, his wrinkled nose showed his distaste for letting the whole thing go. Snarling at His friend he couldn't help but show his fangs. "Those like her deserve worse than death!" , he snapped. Fixated on the hypocrisy of that sick little woman, the cat flexed his back, imagining tearing into her.

Looking away for a moment, his expression softened at the idea of joining the dark man in some way. Maybe he did need allies in this world, for every person that unjustly rallied against him, there had been another who had supported him, tended to him.

Conflicted, the cat could only look at his feet, his tail laying still. Tiberius was right, but it wasn't fair, how could someone like Reiko just walk away from all this and believe so much in their own goodness. How could so many other souls get pulled that most dangerous form of evil.
the staff team luvs u
Counsellor
04-30-2022, 02:53 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2022, 07:07 PM by Tiberius. Edited 1 time in total.)
^^

"It ain't matter wha' she or they deserve, mate," Tiberius rumbled, "matters wha' yer deserve, yeah?" Because Tiberius couldn't be part of the reason as to why Kuhn would dedicate his time, his life, his breath to living for revenge -- especially not when there was so much more out there that he deserved to do with his time. He was not cowed by the snarl, knowing it wasn't for him but for Kuhn's own anger and so, the titan stepped forward to pull himself to the cats side as he bumped his shoulder against the felines own. "Ain't sayin' yer don't deserve ta get yer own, alrigh'? I sayin' tha' yer deserve ta move past, ta grow, ta enjoy yer life. Ta be alive," he had gotten hurt because there had been a party of wolves, who was to say next time it wouldn't go south?

His features remained worried as he cast his molten gaze off to the distance, his good ear twitching as he rolled his shoulders. "Ain't wantin' yer ta be dead an' I godda feelin' Valmua don't either," Valmua would be at the felines side, he knew, as she had been during the ambush but yet... they could have more. They didn't have to live a life of violence, of being on edge all the time -- he had a feeling that Reiko wouldn't come seeking against. Especially not if the feline was in the company of him, because it was unlikely that the Iceling would ever desire to see his face ever again, either.

If anything he was sure Reiko would stick closer to her allies as she had called for their aid to begin with. Both sides could move on. "Yer ain't godda decide ta come wit' me righ' now, yeah? Yer can think on it, talk about it wit' yer girl but... we could do great things, Kuhn." He would go back to Olive to update her on everything and if the feline sought to be at his side somehow, he would return for an answer. "I's not sure wha' I'm doin' now. I's godda talk ta Olive. But... I want yer ta be alive, Kuhn. Not weighed down by ideas of revenge. Big ol' world mate, much more ta be done an' shit, y'know?"

^^

the staff team luvs u
04-30-2022, 05:57 PM
Never planning to die, the cat didn't have some extreme plan to cut through the entire pack of wolves and get himself killed in the process. He spent many nights thinking it out. It would be slow and methodical, lingering on the borders of their piss stained land. One by one they would go missing, using the last as fuel to kill the next. They would get the picture, and eventually he would get the one he wanted: Reiko. Then, they could live in peace.

But, it would take so long. Tib was right, he would have to dedicate part of his life to this hunt, and it wasn't what he really wanted, regardless of it feeling fair. Maybe he deserved more than the dirt beneith his feet, Tiberius sure made him feel that way.

Cutting out the snarling, the cat looked away from his friend as soon as he was touched. Though he gladly accepted the support.

Still looking away the cat touched the back of his wrist to his cheekbone, dabbing away a tear in secret. "Ok... I'll try... For now, I will try to burry my vengeance." The cat didn't seem totally ready to let go of the idea, as if he held some comfort in tipping the scales back to balance. But, he looked back to the Titian hoping he could share with him a vision of something greater to come.

"What do you see on the horizon?"

It was funny how even now, that dark man still held his role, he was still the greatest protector Shiroshika ever had, and Kuhn couldn't hate him for it. Holding faith, Kuhn waited.
the staff team luvs u
05-03-2022, 07:06 PM
^^

He would feel relief to know that Kuhn had agreed with him, that he would not seek to find revenge. Whether it was last or whether Kuhn would change his mind, only time would tell but all Tiberius could do was help him, offer his guidance and his friendship and hope that it was enough.

"I ain't so sure," he rumbled, "not 'ad much time ta see much fer m'self, y'know?" Tiberius had spent the majority of his life, if not all, living for others. He had been a Soldier, a minion, a Samurai -- but when had he the chance to be himself, to find himself? Olive had provided him that start and life had worked so that he had no choice but to try. "I... I ain't no follower," The titan revealed with a slight shrug, "learned tha' tha 'ard way, I's reckon." The hard way indeed.

"Wha'ever is on m'horizon, I want Olive there. An' yer," would that mean Valmua, too? His most recent exchange with her had been... bearable, she had offered him something akin to a compliment and he hadn't a thought to eat her face off. He would shrug then, rolling out his shoulders and stretched his toes. "Git plenty o'options now, mate," plenty of them indeed. ^^

the staff team luvs u
scroll to top